View Full Version : do most people box even if they have one bad eye?

warriorsingh84'
04-12-2006, 05:34 PM
I was just wondering are you allowed to amateur box with one bad eye?? plus do most people who really want to take up boxing but can't see clearly out of one eye, do it anyways??

Spinz
04-12-2006, 05:38 PM
yeh i would like to know also as i have a really bad left eye.

Left2body
04-12-2006, 05:45 PM
yeh i would like to know also as i have a really bad left eye.

I saw a wrestler who had a prostetic leg just above the knee before. The guy was a beast due to his being heavier than everyone else. Since legs weight a lot and he only got weight in with that plastic thing (knee pad and shoe used during match) he didnt have to make the real weight. I forget what weight class it was at but it was somewhere around 155 or there abouts, but he had the body of a person 3-4 divisions up. Saw a few girls wrestle before to, and 1 of them was unbelievably hot.

yrrej
04-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Really bad idea. Try going through your normal routine for only one day with your eyes closed....

Kayo
04-12-2006, 09:00 PM
a guy I work with Kickboxes and hes blind in his one eye

YZ125
04-12-2006, 09:06 PM
if you **** the other eye up you gona be blind,do you think its a good idea?

Piggu
04-12-2006, 09:16 PM
There is an amateur boxer with one arm.

Nothing to do with this thread, though.

B.relampago
04-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Yea i have a bad eye, i was hit in my eye w/ a bat when i was younger and there is still a swellin on it that never went away. When i get hit in it it swells up like a bastard too but its never been cut or anythin and it doesnt really affect me much,it jus swells easy. Never really swells dramatically, but if i get barely hit in a fight it will still swell up an look like i got clocked pretty good. It happens like everytime i fight, but ive never had a problem w/ it swellin wikid bad or gettin cut. Jus makes it look like i took more damage.

Prospekt
04-12-2006, 11:32 PM
boxing with one bad eye would not be the best thing to do because it will give you a major disadvantage. You will have trouble judging distances and that would be a MAJOR problem in boxing.

Spinz
04-13-2006, 09:45 AM
i can still see well with my left eye, it is just slightly blurred. would i fail a medical and not be able to box?

THE REAL NINJA
04-13-2006, 11:07 AM
there have been many great fighters with bad eyes.. Fraizer [cataract] David Reid [lazy eyelid] Harry Greb i think was blind in one eye ....there have been lots of them.. i can't think of all the names right now but don't give up if you really want it you can do it