View Full Version : The science behind a knockdown

Spinz
04-08-2006, 07:09 PM
What is the science behind a knockdown? What i mean is, when a boxer is hit with a good facial shot, what causes him to fall to the floor?

I understand a temporary loss of conciousness will make a guy fall. But sometimes a dude gets hit and falls, but it aint lights out, he remains concious - but still goes down.

FeelTheA-Force
04-08-2006, 07:13 PM
What is the science behind a knockdown? What i mean is, when a boxer is hit with a good facial shot, what causes him to fall to the floor?

I understand a temporary loss of conciousness will make a guy fall. But sometimes a dude gets hit and falls, but it aint lights out, he remains concious - but still goes down.

sumat to do with your cocaliya in your ear.

tDeL999
04-08-2006, 07:55 PM
If he falls but isnt knocked out that just means the punch was so hard it knocked him on his ass

LightsOut Le
04-08-2006, 08:09 PM
there could be a lsot of balance....you get hit so hard your brain hits the inside of your skull...a great shot to the face wich blacks him out...use your imagination

TheHoff!
04-08-2006, 08:11 PM
I dont know the exact science of it but I believe it is caused by the brain shaking inside your head and bouncing against the skull which basically scrambles your senses for a short time. Usually it is caused by a punch on the jaw.

NaThBoiii
04-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Or it could be that your just tired out.. And too tired to handle any hard punches.

tDeL999
04-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Ya true, but thats not being knocked out its one person collapsing out of exhaustion

Scottie2Hottie
04-08-2006, 08:55 PM
from what ive heard, if you get hit hard enough right on the button, it scrambles your brain to the point where your legs go numb and give out from under you.

Verstyle
04-08-2006, 09:01 PM
I dont know the exact science of it but I believe it is caused by the brain shaking inside your head and bouncing against the skull which basically scrambles your senses for a short time. Usually it is caused by a punch on the jaw.

exactly. your either a boxer that has been hit in the head. or u know your boxing **** :boxing: good way to sum it up :boxing:

pug1986
04-09-2006, 12:17 AM
yeah and sometimes a shot to the temple will cause you to lose muscular control in the legs but you'll stay awake. those are usually kos though.

JoeTheRock7
04-09-2006, 01:27 AM
There's really three main ways. One way is to get so hard that your head snaps all the way around, when your neck snaps to a certain point your body takes over and blacks itself out so no more damage can be done. The second way is a good chin shot, alot of people do not know this but the chin is the center of many nerve endings, when hit hard enough the nerves in the chin quickly disperse and throw off you nerve system. Way three is you got hit really ****in hard and just don't want no more such as a body shot. I guess you could argue way #4 ius getting the wind knocked out idk.

Rockin'
04-09-2006, 02:54 AM
Its the bodies defense mechanism.. If you notice, most kos happen when the guy either does not see the shot or does not expect the shot. When the fighter sees the shot, he could go down but will most of the time not be completely out. When you get completely KTFO, it happens when the fighter doesnt see it. Therefore the mind is not prepared to sustain the blow and it causes a traumatic reaction. In the minds case, it just shuts down and therefore the body follows suit.

Rockin' :boxing:

Pugnacious_Z
04-09-2006, 05:30 AM
about the nerves on the chin, thats bull****. The reason why you get knocked alot easier with a punch to the chin then anywhere else is because a hit to the chin will move the whole head alot easier. There are a couple ways of getiing knocked:

Different parts of your brain control different parts of your body. Like the front controls one thing and the sides control other stuff and so on. When you get hit in the head, it moves so quickle that your brain bounces off the inside of your skull, the quicker your head moves back, the harder your brain will hit your skull. Depending on which part of your brain hits the skull determines how you will get knocked. Thats why sometimes your body works properly but your head is all dazed and why sometimes your legs just give out. And the reason why the chin is the best area to knock some1 out is because a hard enuf hit on the chin will move the chin all the way to the shoulders and the chord which attaches your brain to your spine gets strained which means theres no air or blood going to your head which causes unconciousness. So any time someone really get unconcious, 99% of the time, its a shot to the chin that move the chin all the way to the shoulders.

Rockin'
04-09-2006, 05:34 AM
Buy and read a book called "Beyond the Ring". It will tell you everything that yopu need to know about the physical reasons for knockouts.

Rockin' :boxing:

The Raging Bull
04-09-2006, 05:13 PM
It jsut means that the guy couldnt take the punch so he fell over because his brain was muddled. well thats what i think anyway

:boxing: