View Full Version : if you dont think ali's number one u should be banned

chosen_one
04-02-2006, 05:20 PM
thats what i think if u dont put ali number one i think u should be banned and never logg on ur computer again

and if you dont think ali's number one **** YOU

blockhead
04-02-2006, 05:27 PM
your a moron

RockyMarcianofan00
04-02-2006, 05:29 PM
thats what i think if u dont put ali number one i think u should be banned and never logg on ur computer again

you should truely be banned

talk about nughugger

chosen_one
04-02-2006, 05:31 PM
dont hate kid just mad cause ali's the greatest

chosen_one
04-02-2006, 05:32 PM
you should truely be banned

talk about nughugger

rockys number 2 but still ali's better

Burzum_666
04-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Boxing is all about opinion, if somebody thinks Ali is not # 1 it's their opinion and they can have it, it doesn't mean they should be banned. However I do think Ali is the best of all time, but that's just me. Some may disagree.

chosen_one
04-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Boxing is all about opinion, if somebody thinks Ali is not # 1 it's their opinion and they can have it, it doesn't mean they should be banned. However I do think Ali is the best of all time, but that's just me. Some may disagree.

its because ur coo i aint gotta real problem with rocky lovers there coo too but i hate jones and tyson lovers

RockyMarcianofan00
04-02-2006, 05:35 PM
dont hate kid just mad cause ali's the greatest
i don't think Ali's number 1, i believe Joe Louis is number one over ali

he was more rounded an a better defensive artist and all around better

Ali wasnt' the greatest, proof?

Ali had bad defense- the only defense you saw from him was later with the rope-a-dope,he only moved his head, he never perry'd blocked with his elbows, etc

also he was a horrible inside fighter thats why fighters like Joe Frazier gave him trouble. Ali couldn't fight inside and he couldn't fight when people were inside on him. Angelo dundee even said Ali's one flaw is that you can't get inside with him, because his speed was such a key factor, we never developed his defense much or his fighting inside. His strength wasn't the best (not a big deal though) thats why Joe Louis is #1 over ali

Yaman
04-02-2006, 05:47 PM
You're in love with Ali in a homo way.

****, this is the worst nuthugger i've ever seen and i want him banned.

Frazier's 15th round
04-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Joe Louis KO1 Muhammad Ali

Da Iceman
04-02-2006, 07:25 PM
i was gonna be nice but you sound retarded, you dont even know about styles but you think ali's number 1. joe louis is the greatest most dominant effective puncher for a heavyweight champ ever. joe louis is the real greatest people just dont give him credit because ali self promoted his greatness. you know what wouldve happend if joe did that?

mokele
04-02-2006, 07:56 PM
i was gonna be nice but you sound retarded, you dont even know about styles but you think ali's number 1. joe louis is the greatest most dominant effective puncher for a heavyweight champ ever. joe louis is the real greatest people just dont give him credit because ali self promoted his greatness. you know what wouldve happend if joe did that?

Joe Louis was a complete fighter who could fight outside or inside, who could land combinations or who could knock a man out with a single punch. There haven't been many who could do all those things. For those who don't think that Joe Louis was the most well-rounded heavyweight champ, here's an article by a well-known boxing writer and analyst, Frank Lotierzo:

http://members.tripod.com/coxscorner/louis_fl.html

Da Iceman
04-02-2006, 08:00 PM
joe louis will never get the credit he deserves.

Dempsey1238
04-02-2006, 08:01 PM
I go with Louis as number 1, like said before more well rounded, and maybe had the BEST combos with punch rytham, and power than any other fighter. Maybe Jack Dempsey is a close 2nd in combos.
But Louis could take you out with these short shots, it was rare to see.

RockyMarcianofan00
04-02-2006, 09:48 PM
I go with Louis as number 1, like said before more well rounded, and maybe had the BEST combos with punch rytham, and power than any other fighter. Maybe Jack Dempsey is a close 2nd in combos.
But Louis could take you out with these short shots, it was rare to see.
yea

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Shanus
04-02-2006, 09:56 PM
There's 2 or 3 fighters you could reasonably put infront of Ali.. Ali's third IMO, doesn't make me an *******.

Dempsey 1919
04-02-2006, 10:40 PM

well, not really. i mean everybody got a right to their own opinions. i do believe that anyone who doesn't have ali in their top 5 is borderline retarded, though. :D

Da Iceman
04-02-2006, 10:43 PM
you dont even have the brown bomber in your top 6 what does that make you a vegetable?

Dempsey 1919
04-02-2006, 10:48 PM
you dont even have the brown bomber in your top 6 what does that make you a vegetable?

in terms of accomplishments i have louis at number 2, but in terms of head-to head matchups, i believe 6 hw's could defeat him. that's just my opinion based on what i see on film. ;)

Da Iceman
04-02-2006, 10:49 PM
in terms of accomplishments i have louis at number 2, but in terms of head-to head matchups, i believe 6 hw's could defeat him. that's just my opinion based on what i see on film. ;)
you must be legally blind.

blockhead
04-02-2006, 10:52 PM
your delusional, therefore what you see on film cannot be objectively processed by your mind.

Heckler
04-02-2006, 10:55 PM
i don't think Ali's number 1, i believe Joe Louis is number one over ali

he was more rounded an a better defensive artist and all around better

Ali wasnt' the greatest, proof?

Ali had bad defense- the only defense you saw from him was later with the rope-a-dope,he only moved his head, he never perry'd blocked with his elbows, etc

also he was a horrible inside fighter thats why fighters like Joe Frazier gave him trouble. Ali couldn't fight inside and he couldn't fight when people were inside on him. Angelo dundee even said Ali's one flaw is that you can't get inside with him, because his speed was such a key factor, we never developed his defense much or his fighting inside. His strength wasn't the best (not a big deal though) thats why Joe Louis is #1 over ali

Thats proof that Ali wasn't the greatest?

Heres proof that Joe Louis wasn't the greatest:

He had a relatively crap jaw, often wobbled and knocked down. His relatively slow almost lumbering movement and shuffling footwork made it difficult for him to track down fast movers. He never applied the pressure, or had the workrate neccessary to bother mobile boxers like Ali and Holmes. He had a tendancy to drop his left hand which left him open to a straight right.

^ see how ridiculous that is, there is never proof its merely opinion.

After a few beatings Ali developed means of handling fighters on the inside, clinching, using his gloves to deflect alot of what was being thrown, but you're right Ali's defense was far from brilliant. Ali wasn't strong? Ali wasn't a hard hitter, but he was physically a very strong man. I believe Ali to be number one regardless of the fact he wasn't great technically. You think Joe Louis is the greatest, fair enough, but there is no PROOF.

Da Iceman
04-02-2006, 10:57 PM
he mightve gotten knocked down but he always got right back up.

Heckler
04-02-2006, 11:00 PM
I have no problem with Louis at number one, he was probably the most dominant and technically profficent HW boxer of all time. However, because i believe Ali had the better competition and would fare better head to head with other greats of the past i put Louis at 2 under Ali.

smasher
04-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Thats proof that Ali wasn't the greatest?

Heres proof that Joe Louis wasn't the greatest:

He had a relatively crap jaw, often wobbled and knocked down. His relatively slow almost lumbering movement and shuffling footwork made it difficult for him to track down fast movers. He never applied the pressure, or had the workrate neccessary to bother mobile boxers like Ali and Holmes. He had a tendancy to drop his left hand which left him open to a straight right.

^ see how ridiculous that is, there is never proof its merely opinion.

After a few beatings Ali developed means of handling fighters on the inside, clinching, using his gloves to deflect alot of what was being thrown, but you're right Ali's defense was far from brilliant. Ali wasn't strong? Ali wasn't a hard hitter, but he was physically a very strong man. I believe Ali to be number one regardless of the fact he wasn't great technically. You think Joe Louis is the greatest, fair enough, but there is no PROOF.
Louis never showed an ability to successfully fight going backwards. The two guys that backed Louis up were Marciano and Schmeling and these KO losses get explained away as Louis being too young/old in those two fights. How adaptable would Louis have been if Dempsey/Marciano/Liston/Frazier/Foreman/Tyson would have been able to consistantly back him up and/or force him to the ropes?

Heckler
04-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Good thinking smasher, i missed those. Point is essentially all boxers have/had flaws. Although im not sure if there was anything Joe Gans couldn't do, ive never heard anyone comment on a flaw of his. Sugar Ray Robinson was pretty close to a perfect fighter also, however his defence wasn't perfect.. he often got caught by fighters like Lamotta.

Da Iceman
04-02-2006, 11:37 PM
louis was washed up in that marciano fight, watch him fight abe simon then watch the marciano fight.

Dempsey 1919
04-03-2006, 12:01 AM
your delusional, therefore what you see on film cannot be objectively processed by your mind.

i'm not delusional. i believe ali, liston, holmes, foreman, tyson, and maybe even frazier would have beaten louis.

dansweeney
04-03-2006, 12:12 AM

butterfly1964, you are one sick dude, its obviously, you. stop jerking off about ali you ******. its rediculous now. everyone knows about ali. your not blowing the lid off some mystery or something man

Da Iceman
04-03-2006, 12:14 AM
catipillar chosen_one is your alt and you know it!

dansweeney
04-03-2006, 12:16 AM
catipillar chosen_one is your alt and you know it!

its butterfly1964's alt, he can't stand it if there isn't an active ali thread going at all times. nuthugger to the extreme

Shanus
04-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Foreman, Holmes, Marciano, Tyson, and Ali would have had a good chance of beating Louis, I don't think Frazier did.

Dempsey 1919
04-03-2006, 12:24 AM
butterfly1964, you are one sick dude, its obviously, you. stop jerking off about ali you ******. its rediculous now. everyone knows about ali. your not blowing the lid off some mystery or something man

lol, that's not me. but damn, he's alot like me, though. :D just a little more extreme than me though.

dansweeney
04-03-2006, 12:27 AM
lol, that's not me. but damn, he's alot like me, though. :D just a little more extreme than me though.

sorry about the language there butterfly, i just really wanted to see if it was you. i really did think it was you though. he is extreme to the extreme man

Dempsey 1919
04-03-2006, 12:38 AM
sorry about the language there butterfly, i just really wanted to see if it was you. i really did think it was you though. he is extreme to the extreme man

i don't have an alt. i wouldn't need one, since it's not like i ever get banned or anything like that. also he said marciano is number two, which is something i would never dream of saying.

smasher
04-03-2006, 12:49 AM
Good thinking smasher, i missed those. Point is essentially all boxers have/had flaws. Although im not sure if there was anything Joe Gans couldn't do, ive never heard anyone comment on a flaw of his. Sugar Ray Robinson was pretty close to a perfect fighter also, however his defence wasn't perfect.. he often got caught by fighters like Lamotta.
A modern example would be Sugar Ray Leonard. He could win as a flat-footed puncher (Kalule), an elusive lateral moving boxer (Hagler, Duran II) a chess match angles counterpuncher (Benitez) or he could mix styles within a fight from lateral movement boxer to flat-footed stalker/puncher (Hearns II).

Lighter fighters deserve to be acknowledged as the P4P best because they are usually more versatile than heavyweights although Evander Holyfield was pretty versatile if you think about it. A jab and movement use the reach advantage fight on the outside style (Quawi I) in/score and get out on the balls of his feet against a taller longer reach opponent(Foreman, Bowe II), and a head to head flat-footed inside fighter (Tyson). He was able to defeat some pretty top notch opponents while deploying radically different styles.

I have mentioned in other threads that I have spoken at length with George Chuvalo in the past. Chuvalo is a pretty astute guy when it comes to analyzing fighters. I asked him once what he thought of Evander Holyfield who at the time had just won the heavyweight championship from Buster Douglas. George complimented Holyfield as a fighter and summed him up as "JACK OF ALL TRADES, MASTER OF NONE." I'd say that was pretty accurate and Holyfield definitely lived up to Chuvalo's assesment!

Frazier's 15th round
04-03-2006, 01:06 AM
Larry "Pansy" Holmes beating Joe Louis? Give me a break. Frazier broke Holmes' ribs in sparring, Holmes ducked Foreman repeatedly, and he got blown out by Tyson. The only decent fighter he beat was an overrated Muhammad Ali.

Louis KO2 Holmes

Dempsey 1919
04-03-2006, 01:08 AM
Larry "Pansy" Holmes beating Joe Louis? Give me a break. Frazier broke Holmes' ribs in sparring, Holmes ducked Foreman repeatedly, and he got blown out by Tyson. The only decent fighter he beat was an overrated Muhammad Ali.

Louis KO2 Holmes

name one person besides a slow ali that frazier beat? who, jerry quarry? lol!!

Frazier's 15th round
04-03-2006, 01:16 AM
Quarry was a great fighter, I don't know what's funny about that. Ali and Frazier were lucky that Quarry cut so easily. But if you look at the guys that both Frazier and Ali fought, Frazier usually beat them quicker. Doug Jones, Bob Foster, George Chuvalo, Buster Mathis, etc.

Kid Achilles
04-03-2006, 01:25 AM
A slow Ali? If that Ali was slow than a prime Ali is incredible overrated because the Ali who fought Frazier was only slightly slower than the mid to late 60's version.

Dempsey 1919
04-03-2006, 01:28 AM
A slow Ali? If that Ali was slow than a prime Ali is incredible overrated because the Ali who fought Frazier was only slightly slower than the mid to late 60's version.

in terms of handspeed, no, ali wasn't slow. but his footspeed diminished.

RockyMarcianofan00
04-03-2006, 01:29 AM
in terms of handspeed, no, ali wasn't slow. but his footspeed diminished.
wasn't that because he mostly did a rope-a-dope like defense

or are we talking earlier in his comeback

Kid Achilles
04-03-2006, 01:29 AM
It diminished but even then he wasn't slow. Just admit you were exaggerating when you called him a "slow Ali" and we'll call it even.

Dempsey 1919
04-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Quarry was a great fighter, I don't know what's funny about that. Ali and Frazier were lucky that Quarry cut so easily. But if you look at the guys that both Frazier and Ali fought, Frazier usually beat them quicker. Doug Jones, Bob Foster, George Chuvalo, Buster Mathis, etc.

*****, please! it took 7 rounds of punching for frazier to stop quarry, and quarry took frazier to the limits, hitting frazier often. ali hadn't fought in nearly 4 years and just stepped in and beat quarry alot easier than frazier did. it only took three rounds and quarry hit him maybe twice. and it only took ali two rounds to cut quarry, whereas it took like five rounds for frazier to do it. also ali stopped bonavena, something frazier couldn't do in 81 minutes of fighting. bonavena gave frazier a much harder time than he did ali, flooring him twice in the second round of thier first fight, something he couldn't do to ali.

Dempsey 1919
04-03-2006, 01:35 AM
It diminished but even then he wasn't slow. Just admit you were exaggerating when you called him a "slow Ali" and we'll call it even.

alright, he wasn't slow.

smasher
04-03-2006, 01:48 AM
But if you look at the guys that both Frazier and Ali fought, Frazier usually beat them quicker. Doug Jones, Bob Foster, George Chuvalo, Buster Mathis, etc.George Foreman...

Piggu
04-03-2006, 02:01 AM
Joe Louis KO1 Muhammad Ali
HAHAHAHA

At a nuthugger thread, too.

chosen_one
04-03-2006, 02:08 AM
well, not really. i mean everybody got a right to their own opinions. i do believe that anyone who doesn't have ali in their top 5 is borderline retarded, though. :D

ur right and i agree with u and everything u post i agree with u 100 percent

RockyMarcianofan00
04-03-2006, 02:16 AM
i'm not sure top5
but anybody who doesn't have him in there top 15 (at the veryleast) is just hating

technically he should be in the top10 but top5 is where he would most likely end up

Dempsey 1919
04-03-2006, 02:27 AM
i'm not sure top5
but anybody who doesn't have him in there top 15 (at the veryleast) is just hating

technically he should be in the top10 but top5 is where he would most likely end up

are you crazy?

RockyMarcianofan00
04-03-2006, 02:28 AM
are you crazy?
i'm talking other ppl's opinions
i have him my top 5 fighters of all time

Heckler
04-03-2006, 03:41 AM
i'm not sure top5

He should be in the top 5 WITHOUT A DOUBT.

SuzieQ49
04-03-2006, 04:47 PM
name one person besides a slow ali that frazier beat? who, jerry quarry? lol!!

u mean a 29 year old undefeated muhammad ali who will go on to rule the heavyweight division AFTER losing to frazier.

jerry quarry was just as good as anyone holmes beat outside of norton. i rate quarry # 26 greatest heavy of all time.

Dempsey 1919
04-03-2006, 04:51 PM
u mean a 29 year old undefeated muhammad ali who will go on to rule the heavyweight division AFTER losing to frazier.

jerry quarry was just as good as anyone holmes beat outside of norton. i rate quarry # 26 greatest heavy of all time.

he was slower. his footspeed went bye-bye after the folley fight and the lay-off. he lost the ability to avoid a fast punch. he was never the same again in the 70s.

and michael spinks > jerry quarry :D

Piggu
04-03-2006, 07:11 PM
I bet Jerry Quarry could be a champion these days. An alphabet titlist at least.

Dempsey 1919
04-03-2006, 08:03 PM
I bet Jerry Quarry could be a champion these days. An alphabet titlist at least.

maybe, but that's no saying much since today's hw suck.

Hydro
04-04-2006, 12:36 AM
The Brown Bomber is almost as great as Ali. He's the best argument as to Ali not being the greatest HW.

Dempsey 1919
04-04-2006, 12:37 AM
The Brown Bomber is almost as great as Ali. He's the best argument as to Ali not being the greatest HW.

almost as great, yes. but he's not close to being a better fighter than ali.

blockhead
04-04-2006, 12:38 AM
almost as great, yes. but he's not close to being a better fighter than ali.
your a weirdo man, seriously.

Dempsey 1919
04-04-2006, 12:44 AM
your a weirdo man, seriously.

louis is alot smaller than ali weighting about 200lbs. to ali's close to 215. louis is flatfooted. you need alot of movement to beat ali, something louis didn't have. louis also didn't have the power to ko ali, so no way louis would win.

dansweeney
04-04-2006, 12:45 AM
i don't have an alt. i wouldn't need one, since it's not like i ever get banned or anything like that. also he said marciano is number two, which is something i would never dream of saying.

that's the only thing that threw me off. did you know that after the computer movie ali and marciano made, that Ali said that he could tell he would have had problems with rocky, because even at age 45 for the movie he was still strong as hell and unrelenting. not an exact quote but he said something to that effect.

Dempsey 1919
04-04-2006, 01:02 AM
that's the only thing that threw me off. did you know that after the computer movie ali and marciano made, that Ali said that he could tell he would have had problems with rocky, because even at age 45 for the movie he was still strong as hell and unrelenting. not an exact quote but he said something to that effect.

ali wasn't prepared for the sparring match. marciano actually trained for it, so he was in better shape than ali. i just think ali would be too fast for him, that's all.

dansweeney
04-04-2006, 01:08 AM
ali wasn't prepared for the sparring match. marciano actually trained for it, so he was in better shape than ali. i just think ali would be too fast for him, that's all.

hey, that wasn't to start a debate, i was just saying that Ali himself was high on Rocky. hey marciano was 45, him training his ass off for a movie at that age just shows the dedication he had to his craft, something we don't see anymore in the heavyweight division. i have that movie, it's actually pretty cool cause you can kind of picture in your mind a young Ali dancing, and a prime Marciano trying to chase him down for 15 rounds. it would have made for great drama.

tommyhearns804
04-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Ali was the number one uncle tom.But now we have bigger ones.We have Kobe Bryant and just about every other black man.So Ali is screwed now.Wait Ali still has more brain damage caused by boxing than any other living heavyweight so he does have that to live for.

Dempsey 1919
04-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Ali was the number one uncle tom.But now we have bigger ones.We have Kobe Bryant and just about every other black man.So Ali is screwed now.Wait Ali still has more brain damage caused by boxing than any other living heavyweight so he does have that to live for.

what's this about you hating on ali and kobe(two of my favorite athletes)? ali is much better than george foreman and he showed it that night in zaire. :D

Verstyle
04-05-2006, 11:25 PM

be honest with u. whast wrong with being an "uncle tom" hell i would thats how u get more money. u gotta like every1 or be really really hated so ppl can tune in to your fights in hopes u get knocked the **** out :D

Dempsey 1919
04-05-2006, 11:38 PM

ali being an uncle tom is the dumbest **** i've ever heard. ali beat the **** outta patterson and terrel for being an "uncle tom". the guy was a member of the friggin' Nation of ****ing Islam, a black militant group who hated whites dumb ****. :mad:

Kid Achilles
04-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Tommyhearns804 is by far the least intelligent person I've ever encountered on this forum. He's probably the worst posters this site has seen when you also figure in his racism, poor typing skills, and all around nastiness.

Dempsey 1919
04-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Tommyhearns804 is by far the least intelligent person I've ever encountered on this forum. He's probably the worst posters this site has seen when you also figure in his racism, poor typing skills, and all around nastiness.

yeah, he is pretty terrible, but sometimes i wished he would post jst so i could have a good laugh! :D

Da Iceman
04-06-2006, 12:38 AM
marciano was around 300 for that fight, ali barely had a pouch on his stomach. ali was in way better condition then marciano.

Dempsey 1919
04-06-2006, 12:47 AM
marciano was around 300 for that fight, ali barely had a pouch on his stomach. ali was in way better condition then marciano.

but marciano still trained and ali didn't. and ali was fat as well. he weighed about the same that marciano did about 240.

Da Iceman
04-06-2006, 12:48 AM
marciano was way above 240 he was like 270

Brassangel
04-06-2006, 03:09 AM
Ali was fast, but not so fast that people couldn't get inside on him. Charles "Sonny" Liston from say, 1959-1961 might have actually landed a few of his otherwise wide misses. Rocky Marciano was good at closing the gaps, as was Joe Frazier. Smokin' Joe would have given Ali trouble at any point in their careers. Tyson, without getting into a debate about his qualities, was naturally one of the best in the history of the sport at closing gaps and tearing down opponents. Joe Louis moved slowly by choice; it was an era when the heavyweights were expected to plod around and land blow after unforgiving blow. He could cut off the ring and counter-punch very well. Most fighters who could time a right hand or left hook with Ali's jab could stand a chance.

Things would have been so much more complicated for Ali in recent years due to the tremendous amounts of defensive/counter-punch styles that have been floating around.

I often play Fight Night 3 on XBOX 360 with a few of my boxing fanatic friends, and I must say it's an improvement (in terms of style accuracy) over the previous versions. One of my buddies, who happens to be an Ali hugger (much like butterfly1964), suggested that I pick a volume puncher (or make one with appropriate stats) and he'd whoop me with Ali. I will say that Ali is easily the fastest heavyweight in that game, he's hard to knock down/out, and his jab comes seemingly out of nowhere. So, before the flames come rolling in about the silliness of using a game for this type of example, I am already well aware of such inaccuracies. Needless to say, I did win. The key wasn't trying to bull rush him into submission, as Ali (and my friend) was just too swift and crafty for that. The way to beat him was to be very patient, and throw accurate counter-jabs and overhand rights to deter the jab. Folley showed a little of this in his fight with Ali, and was even winning on the cards until he got knocked out by a sissy punch. A dancer like Ali would be forced to try a few things different, or else something bad could happen. When given the opportunity, the opponent could use a small burst of energy to cut off the path of said dancer and land a few strikes to the body before the inevitable clinch. Had a more skilled fighter, like those listed above, taken a similar approach in combat (fantasy fights, of course), they would probably catch him.

Based on information such as this, coupled with the overall well-roundedness of a fighter, one could safely place Joe Louis at #1.

Needless to say, Ali would still probably win 2 out of 3 against any fighter, as he was able to adapt after the oversights of fight 1. If head-to-head trilogies hold sway in your personal "best all-time" list, then Ali would likely be #1.

Brassangel
04-06-2006, 03:20 AM
My first post was to stay on the original topic.

As to the computer simulation between Rocky and Muhammad...well, that's entirely speculation.

Even if Rocky trained more and trained harder for that spar session, he had a 45 year old body; which anyone will tell you can only work so hard. He had almost twenty years on Muhammad Ali, and a heck of a lot more time off, so it's IMPOSSIBLE to conclude that he was in better fighting condition than Ali. Even so, Marciano's style would likely give Ali trouble. There's no two ways about that; even for butterfly1964. Would Rocky win? I don't know about that, but I imagine it would be pretty dramatic. Guys who could take lots of punishment and cut off the ring were always good against Ali, and Marciano just happened to be one of the best in history in those categories.

sleazyfellow
04-06-2006, 03:24 AM
frazier had more a chance to beat ali than marciano ever would ok...headmovement n footwork he had marciano beat in...and imo his left hook was better than rockys left or right..i dont care if u flame me..IM GOING HOME

RockyMarcianofan00
04-06-2006, 04:32 PM
The thing about Rocky v Ali is that first Ali was most seseptable to rocky's best punch (left hook i believe it was or a right hook--they said it on the documentary of the super fight) and The one thing that Ali was bad at was inside fighting which was rocky's best, he also had trouble with swarmers (good example joe frazier),also rocky could KO people with either hand because of his great strength. Thats where rocky has the edge, Ali has the edge with speed footwork and head movement, also Rocky was somewhat slow.

Rocky did have a good defense, and was probably one of the best people at cutting off the ring. I guess you could give Ali the fact that Marciano cuts easier

but i honestly don't know why people say marciano cuts bad, he cut in 4 fights if i'm not mistaken, thats not that many for his record.