View Full Version : Could Prime Hagler...

jack_the_rippuh
01-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Could prime Hagler handle a punch from Julian Jackson?

marvdave
01-28-2005, 11:34 PM
no doubt. Took rights from Hearns, uppercut that would have knocked out a horse from Mugabi. Hagler's chin is unquestioned. One of the best of all time. Never down in his career. (no, the Roldan punch was not a kd) I don't ever recall seeing him hurt or wobbled.

Moon
01-28-2005, 11:35 PM

Rippuh .... may the Gods bless you for bringing us all back to Julian the man Jackson. When's the last time Jackson was mentioned in a Middle thread on this site? Didn't see many of his fights, but saw a him beat a young Terry Norris, but also KO'd by the red hot Gerry McLellan.

Answer to the Hagler question, yes. Hagler's chin was tagged solid by Hearns, Duran and The Beast, but stayed very vertical.

SonnyJ
01-29-2005, 09:03 AM
no doubt. Took rights from Hearns, uppercut that would have knocked out a horse from Mugabi. Hagler's chin is unquestioned. One of the best of all time. Never down in his career. (no, the Roldan punch was not a kd) I don't ever recall seeing him hurt or wobbled.

damn straight

marvelous_TG
01-29-2005, 09:59 AM
I'll upload the mugabi vs hagler fight where you can see him clearly landing an uppercut that would of have KÓ'd most middleweights. i already have uploaded the hagler vs hearns fight go check it out and tell me if hagler can take a punch or not. :)

jack_the_rippuh
01-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Yeah I have Hagler vs. Hearns...what a first round. Hagler took some punishment in that round and when the bell rang he walked away from Hearns eyeing him down as if to say, "Is that all you got, *****, cause I'm just getting started." The guy was like a tractor in that fight, but other users on this site say Julian Jackson knocked out respected top contenders unconcious with just one punch. They also say Jackson hit alot harder than Hearns..

oldgringo
01-29-2005, 06:53 PM
It has already been said but Hagler could eat everything Jackson could throw at him. He took murderous shots from Hearns and Mugabi and took them like a man. Marvin Hagler has the best chin ever seen in boxing IMO.

hectari
01-29-2005, 08:23 PM
yes he could, hagler could beat bernard.

dansweeney
01-29-2005, 08:43 PM
what does bernard have to do with this discussion moron?

anyway, hagler cant be human, he has no speech problems his brain is clear as a bell, and he got hit with bombs in his career and never looked hurt, one shot in the first round with hearns looked like it stunned him, but only for about half a second, by far the best chin evr in the sport

hectari
01-29-2005, 09:25 PM
what does bernard have to do with this discussion moron?

anyway, hagler cant be human, he has no speech problems his brain is clear as a bell, and he got hit with bombs in his career and never looked hurt, one shot in the first round with hearns looked like it stunned him, but only for about half a second, by far the best chin evr in the sport

what is your problem? Do you have a problem with me? I do not even know you so why call me moron?

jayrichardse
01-30-2005, 06:44 PM
yes he could

ghostdancer
02-03-2005, 02:29 PM
hagler in his prime was the perfect middleweight in every way

jack_the_rippuh
12-17-2005, 12:03 AM
Bump....
I want JUYJUY's opinion.

Skydog
12-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Yea, ever seen Hagler vs. Minter? Minter gets in some good shots, though Hagler took them like it was nothing and cut up Minter's face good.

I would have loved to see Hagler vs. Robinson at middleweight.

Gavilan1
12-17-2005, 09:31 PM
I think if Julian got the right punch in the right spot, he could have decked Ali . . . well, maybe. I certainly think he could have dropped anyone who ever competed at jr. middle or middle if he had connected with full power.

However, the embodiment of Hagler's ability to take a punch was that upper cut he absorbed from Mugabi. Tilting your own head backwards would make you giddy for a few seconds at least. How could his skull take the trauma of such a shot?

I would have thought that Julian Jackson would stand as good a chance of any one at middleweight. But Hagler was so solid.

chimpy
12-20-2005, 03:17 PM
I think if Julian got the right punch in the right spot, he could have decked Ali . . . well, maybe. I certainly think he could have dropped anyone who ever competed at jr. middle or middle if he had connected with full power.

However, the embodiment of Hagler's ability to take a punch was that upper cut he absorbed from Mugabi. Tilting your own head backwards would make you giddy for a few seconds at least. How could his skull take the trauma of such a shot?

I would have thought that Julian Jackson would stand as good a chance of any one at middleweight. But Hagler was so solid.
I couldn't agree more! Hagler-Best chin ever. I saw every title fight and 1/3 of his pre-title fights-Never wobbled, hurt, staggered. If the fighters during his time had 1 thing in common, they could punch. Jackson would have never gotten a chance to land onr-Caveman Lee anyone?

ag512bbi
12-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Yes, Yes, Yes. He took Hearns best shot and I gotta think Hearns hits as hard as Jackson!

supaduck
12-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Hagler could take it. He's got a steel chin. But it would rattle him like no punch he ever felt before. Jackson's power is frightening.

Jackson hit way harder than Hearns.

Pugnacious_Z
12-25-2005, 10:39 PM
jackson had a punch of a heavyweight in a middleweight body, it was straight out devastating, now imagine he landed one on you in a street brawl, DAMMMM

supaduck
12-26-2005, 05:33 PM
He could hit harder than most heavyweights. Pound for pound all of them (except possibly Foreman).

Keleneki
12-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Hagler could take Jackson's punch. Hagler's chin is without peer at middleweight, surely one of the top, all-time great chins in boxing history.

VERSION1 (V1)
12-27-2005, 03:20 PM
damn straight
one best of all time could be the best middle weight chin of all time