Da Iceman
03-28-2006, 05:42 PM
i thought you were a tyson lover.

Dempsey 1919
03-28-2006, 06:15 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=36jTgjLdXhk
butterfly will love this.

hmmm...

When We Were Kings (http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1266758&postcount=81) :D :D

Da Iceman
03-28-2006, 06:32 PM
hmmmm. didnt know you already posted it.

Da Iceman
03-28-2006, 06:38 PM
butterfly do you know how i could post a video from youtube in my sig?

Dempsey 1919
03-28-2006, 06:41 PM
over 10 minutes of footage about the greatest boxer to ever step into the squared circle.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4yrYJl_TdRo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4yrYJl_TdRo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Dempsey 1919
03-28-2006, 06:43 PM
butterfly do you know how i could post a video from youtube in my sig?

scroll down to the bottom where it says embeddable player and highlight whatever is in the text box next to it. then copy and paste it here. :)

Da Iceman
03-28-2006, 07:38 PM
thanks. cant send you k cuz i already gave you some.

SuzieQ49
03-28-2006, 11:51 PM
over 10 minutes of footage about the greatest boxer to ever step into the squared circle.

joe louis was better

Dempsey 1919
03-29-2006, 12:33 AM
joe louis was better

better my ass. :rolleyes:

sleazyfellow
03-29-2006, 12:52 AM
louis is mo betta than ur ass and ali at the same time!

RockyMarcianofan00
03-29-2006, 12:55 AM
better my ass. :rolleyes:
heh butterfly you'd never believe me but i'll say it - i actually enjoyed that video.

I never hated Ali, i do disagree with him and how much he gets praised though

what i like about Ali was his "charisma". Sure he was ****y but it makes for entertainment.

The only thing Ali has over Joe Louis is Ali had alot of pizzaz, whereas alot of fighters before Ali were humble ali was loud and "****y". Ali had better footwork and arguabley better head movement,maybe a better chin (maybe), but Joe had everything else

"Out of all my opponents, Sonny Liston was the scariest, George Foreman was the most powerful,Floyd Patterson was the most skilled, but Joe Frazier was the toughest" - Muhammad Ali

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/IrishInsomniac00/other%20boxing%20pictures/ali3.jpg

Marciano's still my favorite fighter though

hellfire508
03-29-2006, 01:17 AM
joe louis was better

PLLLLease Q! Hahahaha.

Nah I'm always OK with people having Louis at #1.

hellfire508
03-29-2006, 01:20 AM
heh butterfly you'd never believe me but i'll say it - i actually enjoyed that video.

I never hated Ali, i do disagree with him and how much he gets praised though

what i like about Ali was his "charisma". Sure he was ****y but it makes for entertainment.

The only thing Ali has over Joe Louis is Ali had alot of pizzaz, whereas alot of fighters before Ali were humble ali was loud and "****y". Ali had better footwork and arguabley better head movement,maybe a better chin (maybe), but Joe had everything else

"Out of all my opponents, Sonny Liston was the scariest, George Foreman was the most powerful,Floyd Patterson was the most skilled, but Joe Frazier was the toughest" - Muhammad Ali

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/IrishInsomniac00/other%20boxing%20pictures/ali3.jpg

Marciano's still my favorite fighter though

IMO Ali had better footwork, handspeed, chin, and ring smarts. I threw in ring smarts because Louis tended to improve his strategy in a rematch, whereas Ali did often adapt during a fight.

Louis has the edge in power, conventionalism (if thats a word)...not much else. Combinations I would say about even, maybe the edge to Louis.

Heckler
03-29-2006, 01:28 AM
Dont start this **** lol, no-1 should have a problem with Louis or Ali at number one... Ali had better competition, was more naturally gifted. Louis was technically superior, was more dominant. I rate Ali number one because head to head with the greats throughout history i believe Ali would prevail more often Louis, including against Louis himself. But if Louis gets ranked at one, i have no problem with it at all.

Yaman
03-29-2006, 05:44 AM
i thought you were a tyson lover.

Tyson is the greatest, Marciano is the greatest, Joe Louis is the greatest. I call them the greatest from time to time because they deserve it.

Da Iceman
03-29-2006, 10:43 AM
you know louis was better then them right?

Dempsey 1919
03-29-2006, 01:39 PM
you know louis was better then them right?

just marciano, but not tyson.

Dempsey 1919
03-29-2006, 01:41 PM
louis is mo betta than ur ass and ali at the same time!

but he could get taken to school, by a 160lb. man, huh? get off it, louis is overrated. no way he is number one. he struggled against walcott, nova, pastor, conn, etc. tyson would have blown them away in one round, and ali would have no trouble with them at all.

SuzieQ49
03-29-2006, 01:55 PM
IBRO rated joe louis the greatest heavyweight of all time. I think joe louis is the greatest also, and ali is a close 2nd.

Southpaw Stinger
03-29-2006, 02:42 PM
IBRO rated joe louis the greatest heavyweight of all time. I think joe louis is the greatest also, and ali is a close 2nd.

I put Ali as the greatest with Joe Louis a close 2nd.

Dempsey 1919
03-29-2006, 06:28 PM
I put Ali as the greatest with Joe Louis a close 2nd.

i would put louis no higher than 6.

Oasis_Lad
03-29-2006, 06:35 PM
i got ali first and louis second too

Da Iceman
03-29-2006, 09:28 PM
i would put louis no higher than 6.
shows how much you know. most people have louis in top three.

Kid Achilles
03-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Louis no higher than 6? That is the DUMBEST **** I HAVE EVER HEARD ON THIS FORUM.

Verstyle
03-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Louis no higher than 6? That is the DUMBEST **** I HAVE EVER HEARD ON THIS FORUM.

most ppl on here dont see old school fights so they jus guess on how good they were by record and by hearsay :)

Kid Achilles
03-29-2006, 10:39 PM
But even so Louis had the greatest record of any heavyweight champion. 25 title defenses. No one dominated his division as thoroughly.

Only a complete hater would rank Louis below 2nd place.

Dempsey 1919
03-29-2006, 11:00 PM
But even so Louis had the greatest record of any heavyweight champion. 25 title defenses. No one dominated his division as thoroughly.

Only a complete hater would rank Louis below 2nd place.

and so what does that have to do with the fact that foreman, liston, tyson, holmes, and ali would crush him? nothing so again to me louis is #6.

Dempsey 1919
03-29-2006, 11:02 PM
shows how much you know. most people have louis in top three.

louis is overrated. louis had a weak chin, so if he fought a big puncher who could box like tyson, or liston, louis would be crushed!

Kid Achilles
03-29-2006, 11:03 PM
and so what does that have to do with the fact that foreman, liston, tyson, holmes, and ali would crush him? nothing so again to me louis is #6.

Problem is, of those fighters only 3 actually have a decent chance of beating him (Ali, Holmes, Tyson) and even then he would probably be favored against all but Ali.

Verstyle
03-29-2006, 11:04 PM
louis is overrated. louis had a weak chin, so if he fought a big puncher who could box like tyson, or liston, louis would be crushed!

buuuuuut he didnt so u should rank him higher. u cant change the past how u want it in your head :)

Dempsey 1919
03-29-2006, 11:09 PM
Problem is, of those fighters only 3 actually have a decent chance of beating him (Ali, Holmes, Tyson) and even then he would probably be favored against all but Ali.

there's no way he could beat ali or holmes, because louis always was outpointed by slick boxers, but louis doesn't have the power to knock out ali and holmes, so louis would either lose a ud or be knocked out himself.

foreman, liston, and tyson would be too much for him. tyson would beat him to the punch, and would stop him in 4 or 5. foreman would walk all over him with his power, and liston is just a bigger and stronger version of louis, so he would beat him as well.

and also i forgot about joe frazier. sure louis might win, but to me getting rocked by a 160lb man in your prime spells trouble when your fighting the man with the best left hook in the business.

Dempsey 1919
03-29-2006, 11:11 PM
buuuuuut he didnt so u should rank him higher. u cant change the past how u want it in your head :)

if i think one fighter can beat another then i will rank him above him.

Yogi
03-29-2006, 11:17 PM
if i think one fighter can beat another then i will rank him above him.

I take it you rank Buster Douglas above Tyson then...you know, considering we don't have to only "think" if Douglas could beat him or not?

Dempsey 1919
03-29-2006, 11:22 PM
I take it you rank Buster Douglas above Tyson then...you know, considering we don't have to only "think" if Douglas could beat him or not?

i'm talking about if he could beat him when they're both in their primes, of course. :rolleyes:

Kid Achilles
03-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Ali lost to Frazier when both were near their primes. I don't think it's right for you to be ranking Ali above Frazier.

Verstyle
03-29-2006, 11:28 PM
damn butterfly u have alot of post ina short period of time. but ne way why would u rank them like that even if they never fought ever.i mean its your ranking so i really cant argue with u to change your mind, but it was jus alittle odd ya know

Yogi
03-29-2006, 11:30 PM
i'm talking about if he could beat him when they're both in their primes, of course. :rolleyes:

That's a discussion for another time or for someone else, because I'm basically sick to death of Tyson. But I noticed you ranked George Chuvalo as your 35th greatest Heavyweight, yes?

Ok then, why is he over, say...Eduardo Corletti if your ranking is based on mythical head-to-head matchups of what you "think" would happen when Corletti actually PROVED he could defeat Chuvalo?

Kid Achilles
03-29-2006, 11:36 PM
Buttefly you do realize that getting the same two fighters together, each in his prime and in best possible condition, won't produce the same result every time. Sometimes Ali will decision Louis, sometimes Louis will knock him out. If you don't think Louis has a chance of KOing or stopping Ali if he catches him you are just not worth debating with.

Dempsey 1919
03-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Buttefly you do realize that getting the same two fighters together, each in his prime and in best possible condition, won't produce the same result every time. Sometimes Ali will decision Louis, sometimes Louis will knock him out. If you don't think Louis has a chance of KOing or stopping Ali if he catches him you are just not worth debating with.

well, maybe it could happen, but it's not likely.

Dempsey 1919
03-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Ali lost to Frazier when both were near their primes. I don't think it's right for you to be ranking Ali above Frazier.

you have some serious problems if you think ali was in his prime when he fought frazier. the old ali would have danced circles around frazier that night just like he did in the rematch. :cool:

Kid Achilles
03-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Just like he danced circles around Doug Jones, Chuvalo, and Mildenberger? If you think Ali stays away from Frazier all night you're nuts.

Dempsey 1919
03-30-2006, 12:14 AM
Just like he danced circles around Doug Jones, Chuvalo, and Mildenberger? If you think Ali stays away from Frazier all night you're nuts.

he took jones lightly, chuvalo was a lop-sided beatdown(so i don't know where your getting your information from), and so was mildenberger, except for maybe a round or two, but people always have trouble with southpaws.

Verstyle
03-30-2006, 12:17 AM
u do have the best signiture butterfly buuuuut its alittle to big. i think we all know what ali looks like ;)

Dempsey 1919
03-30-2006, 12:19 AM
u do have the best signiture butterfly buuuuut its alittle to big. i think we all know what ali looks like ;)

i might change it in a day or two. i always change my sig, avatar, and username glow and color every three weeks or so lately. :D

Kid Achilles
03-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Ali won by a landslide but the Chuvalo fight was not a beatdown. I've seen that fight and Ali sure as hell didn't just dance around him like you seem to expect him to do against Frazier. Chuvalo wasn't as fast or as good at cutting off the ring as Frazier, so I fail to see Ali dancing around him for fifteen rounds as you predicted.

Dempsey 1919
03-30-2006, 12:43 AM
Ali won by a landslide but the Chuvalo fight was not a beatdown. I've seen that fight and Ali sure as hell didn't just dance around him like you seem to expect him to do against Frazier. Chuvalo wasn't as fast or as good at cutting off the ring as Frazier, so I fail to see Ali dancing around him for fifteen rounds as you predicted.

alright, but i'm pretty sure prime ali wouldn't lose to frazier.

Kid Achilles
03-30-2006, 01:34 AM
alright, but i'm pretty sure prime ali wouldn't lose to frazier.

And I'm pretty sure Louis doesn't lose to Liston or Foreman.

Dempsey 1919
03-30-2006, 01:42 AM
And I'm pretty sure Louis doesn't lose to Liston or Foreman.

liston is basically an upgrade of louis, and foreman is too powerful for louis to handle.

Kid Achilles
03-30-2006, 01:46 AM
liston is basically an upgrade of louis, and foreman is too powerful for louis to handle.

Liston was slower and not as sharp with his punches so no I wouldn't call him an upgrade.

As for Foreman, well Max and Buddy Baer should have both been too powerful for Louis to handle and you know how those fights went. Foreman has a worse chin than Baer and much less stamina when things didn't go his way. Also if Lyle could hurt him with the right hand, Joe would KILL him with that punch.

Dempsey 1919
03-30-2006, 01:50 AM
Liston was slower and not as sharp with his punches so no I wouldn't call him an upgrade.

As for Foreman, well Max and Buddy Baer should have both been too powerful for Louis to handle and you know how those fights went. Foreman has a worse chin than Baer and much less stamina when things didn't go his way. Also if Lyle could hurt him with the right hand, Joe would KILL him with that punch.

louis has just slighly faster hands than liston, and liston cuts off the ring better, has a much better chin, is stronger, more powerful and bigger than louis.

foreman has 10x the power that the baer's put together. foreman has one of the best chins in hw history, so shut your mouth! and foreman wasn't at his absolute prime when he fought lyle, and lyle is one of the most powerful punchers ever as well, it's just that he wasn't very skilled.

Kid Achilles
03-30-2006, 02:01 AM
foreman has 10x the power that the baer's put together. foreman has one of the best chins in hw history, so shut your mouth! and foreman wasn't at his absolute prime when he fought lyle, and lyle is one of the most powerful punchers ever as well, it's just that he wasn't very skilled.

Actually Lyle's skills werent that bad when he wanted to box, but he wasn't the hitter than Louis or Max Baer was.

As far as Foreman having 10x the power of any heavyweight, that's ridiculous. If someone hit ten times as hard as say, Chris Byrd, they would literally crush skulls and cave in chests.

Baer and Foreman's right hands are pretty evenly matched if you look at them realistically (something you're incapable of doing but bear with me here), but Foreman had a harder left hook so I'll give you that.

Also.

Baer's chin > Foreman's chin.

Dempsey 1919
03-30-2006, 02:25 AM
Actually Lyle's skills werent that bad when he wanted to box, but he wasn't the hitter than Louis or Max Baer was.

As far as Foreman having 10x the power of any heavyweight, that's ridiculous. If someone hit ten times as hard as say, Chris Byrd, they would literally crush skulls and cave in chests.

Baer and Foreman's right hands are pretty evenly matched if you look at them realistically (something you're incapable of doing but bear with me here), but Foreman had a harder left hook so I'll give you that.

Also.

Baer's chin > Foreman's chin.

i didn't mean actually ten times harder, :rolleyes: i just meant alot harder, that's all. i'm pretty sure james freaking braddock a complete bum wouldn't last long with foreman, so from that i would say foreman punches harder than baer.

Yogi
03-30-2006, 02:41 AM
james freaking braddock a complete bum

Man, you're an ignorant little **** sometimes, do you know that?

Dempsey 1919
03-30-2006, 03:05 AM
Man, you're an ignorant little **** sometimes, do you know that?

the guy had half as many losses as he did wins. he was a bum, plain and simple.

Yogi
03-30-2006, 03:51 AM
the guy had half as many losses as he did wins. he was a bum, plain and simple.

I don't give a **** what his W/L record looks like, because I know that "complete bums" don't defeat a few of the best Heavyweights of their day, win the most prestigious title in all of sports, or get enshrinement in both the IBHOF and WBHOF.

Braddock was the World's Heavyweight Championship for a time, and even though he may not be considered amongst the very best of that most prestigious group, there's still only been about 40 to 45 men who can lay claim to such an accomplishment. And I'll tell you straight up, Butterfly, there's not one single or "complete bum" in that group no matter who you care to name (whether it be Hart, Willard, Braddock, Carnera, Spinks, Johansson...whoever)...Not even ****ing close to one!

sleazyfellow
03-30-2006, 04:28 AM
amen yogi, but when u compare hw champions its pretty obvious sum were way better than others...my least favs. r carnera and willard, but this is sorta like how sum ppl say ali cant punch...if he couldnt u think hed get as far as he did in boxing?? i think not. its just the standards have gone up over the years what ppl would call great.

Yaman
03-30-2006, 05:23 AM
You're a ****ing idiot Butterfly.

smasher
03-30-2006, 08:25 AM
I know that "complete bums" don't defeat a few of the best Heavyweights of their day, win the most prestigious title in all of sports,I must disagree
http://www.freakingnews.com/entries/4500/4606VBeA_w.jpg (http://www.freakingnews.com/view.asp?entry=6139&display=photoshop)

RockyMarcianofan00
03-30-2006, 09:09 AM
I don't give a **** what his W/L record looks like, because I know that "complete bums" don't defeat a few of the best Heavyweights of their day, win the most prestigious title in all of sports, or get enshrinement in both the IBHOF and WBHOF.

Braddock was the World's Heavyweight Championship for a time, and even though he may not be considered amongst the very best of that most prestigious group, there's still only been about 40 to 45 men who can lay claim to such an accomplishment. And I'll tell you straight up, Butterfly, there's not one single or "complete bum" in that group no matter who you care to name (whether it be Hart, Willard, Braddock, Carnera, Spinks, Johansson...whoever)...Not even ****ing close to one!
i agree :boxing:

Da Iceman
03-30-2006, 09:50 AM
i didn't mean actually ten times harder, :rolleyes: i just meant alot harder, that's all. i'm pretty sure james freaking braddock a complete bum wouldn't last long with foreman, so from that i would say foreman punches harder than baer.
sometimes you are just dumb.

Kid Achilles
03-30-2006, 11:01 AM
I would like to revise that statement you made Rock.

Butterfly, sometimes, once in awhile, you aren't dumb.

Da Iceman
03-30-2006, 11:05 AM
lol,owned.

Kid Achilles
03-30-2006, 11:09 AM
amen yogi, but when u compare hw champions its pretty obvious sum were way better than others...my least favs. r carnera and willard, but this is sorta like how sum ppl say ali cant punch...if he couldnt u think hed get as far as he did in boxing?? i think not. its just the standards have gone up over the years what ppl would call great.

I disagree with that. I think the standards for greatness have gone down, and matchmakers are more careful than ever in matching their young, unbeaten fighters with good opposition. The only reason the old timers seemed to have so many losses on their records as opposed to today's guys was because they were fighting much more frequently.

smasher
03-30-2006, 12:13 PM
The only reason the old timers seemed to have so many losses on their records as opposed to today's guys was because they were fighting much more frequently.
...and also the reason they had so many wins on their records...

RockyMarcianofan00
03-30-2006, 04:06 PM
I disagree with that. I think the standards for greatness have gone down, and matchmakers are more careful than ever in matching their young, unbeaten fighters with good opposition. The only reason the old timers seemed to have so many losses on their records as opposed to today's guys was because they were fighting much more frequently.
eh standards go up and down its just a few things i think about
1)we just got over a good time in boxing history 60/70/80's so the 90's and 00's aren't gunna seem as good

2)boxing really isn't near as popular as it was, from the 20's to like the 60's it was really either boxing or baseball

3)rules have gotten so stict that if you hit somebody to hard the fights called

:boxing:

SuzieQ49
03-30-2006, 04:19 PM
butterfly you are a complete bias ignorant moron sometimes

* ali was pissing blood for days after the chuvalo fight

SuzieQ49
03-30-2006, 04:37 PM
When I return Peter Marciano's email. I think im going to send him aal the stuff butterfly's posted about his brother so he can call some brockton goons to beat the ever loving **** outta butterfly. all i need is butterfly's address.

Da Iceman
03-30-2006, 05:27 PM
When I return Peter Marciano's email. I think im going to send him aal the stuff butterfly's posted about his brother so he can call some brockton goons to beat the ever loving **** outta butterfly. all i need is butterfly's address.
that old fool know he cant use a computer.

Dempsey 1919
03-30-2006, 06:05 PM

why? cause your little feelings got hurt when i tell the truth about marciano? lol, so you think all of this is gonna scare me? haha, get real kid, i ain't scared of you or anybody here, alright? you want my address? i won't post it here(cause of internet identity theft), but i'll pm it to you, if you want, just to show you that i'm not scared of your childish and comical threats. bring it on, *****!!lol!!! :D :D

Da Iceman
03-30-2006, 06:27 PM
butterfly about to box. oh noooooooooo

Dempsey 1919
03-30-2006, 06:37 PM
butterfly about to box. oh noooooooooo

what? you in on this too? :mad:

Da Iceman
03-30-2006, 06:49 PM
what? you in on this too? :mad:
i just had to get in my 2 cents.

SuzieQ49
03-30-2006, 10:51 PM
butterfly ur a piece of **** from new york. Us brockton boys would kill you.

Dempsey 1919
03-30-2006, 11:00 PM
butterfly ur a piece of **** from new york. Us brockton boys would kill you.

well, i pm'ed you my address, so do what you have to do. :cool:

Da Iceman
03-30-2006, 11:05 PM
i repeat, butterfly about to box. oh noooooooo

SuzieQ49
03-30-2006, 11:33 PM
anyday butterfly, anyday.

this is butterfly after were through with him

http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/zif6v7g5.jpg

Dempsey 1919
03-30-2006, 11:39 PM

http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/zif6v7g5.jpg

like i said, you have my address. ;)

RockyMarcianofan00
03-30-2006, 11:40 PM

i thought butterfly was black.........

SuzieQ49
03-30-2006, 11:43 PM
i know he is, however if i posted a pic of a black person getting beaten up, posters on here would think im racist. butterfly doesnt like marciano cause hes white.

Dempsey 1919
03-30-2006, 11:50 PM
i know he is, however if i posted a pic of a black person getting beaten up, posters on here would think im racist. butterfly doesnt like marciano cause hes white.

i said it before, and i'll say it again. i have nothing against marciano! but i know he's overrated and this is evident by the posts i've seen on this and other forums. in fact, the only fighters i hate are sullivan, fitsimmons, corbett and jeffries.

SuzieQ49
03-30-2006, 11:53 PM
no u hate marciano, its clear. stop denying this. u talk down marcianos chin but he was never knocked out by a 165lb fighter like jack johnson was

Dempsey 1919
03-30-2006, 11:57 PM
no u hate marciano, its clear. stop denying this. u talk down marcianos chin but he was never knocked out by a 165lb fighter like jack johnson was

oookkkkk, and did i say johnson had a good chin? no! so what's your point, just because marciano had a better chin than johnson doesn't mean rocky's chin was granite. :rolleyes:

and again, i don't hate marciano. ask mystyal2k5 if i bash mike tyson as much as marciano and he would say yes, but does that mean that i hate tyson, no! the same goes for marciano.

RockyMarcianofan00
03-31-2006, 12:01 AM
oookkkkk, and did i say johnson had a good chin? no! so what's your point, just because marciano had a better chin than johnson doesn't mean rocky's chin was granite. :rolleyes:

and again, i don't hate marciano. ask mystyal2k5 if i bash mike tyson as much as marciano and he would say yes, but does that mean that i hate tyson, no! the same goes for marciano.
Marciano did have a granite chin

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/IrishInsomniac00/Rocky%20Marciano/hit1.jpg

just one example

Dempsey 1919
03-31-2006, 12:03 AM
Marciano did have a granite chin

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/IrishInsomniac00/Rocky%20Marciano/hit1.jpg

just one example

ezzard charles is a natural middleweight, i'm not suprised.

RockyMarcianofan00
03-31-2006, 12:04 AM
"10 greatest chins" in their 1991 issue. Here they are in no particular order.
Joe Grim, Tom Sharkey, Jake LaMotta, Rocky Marciano, George Chuvalo, Muhammad Ali, Vito Antuofermo, Randy "Tex" Cobb, Marvin Hagler, Julio Cesar Chavez. Boxing Scene 1991; "The 10 Greatest Chins".

Dempsey 1919
03-31-2006, 12:05 AM
"10 greatest chins" in their 1991 issue. Here they are in no particular order.
Joe Grim, Tom Sharkey, Jake LaMotta, Rocky Marciano, George Chuvalo, Muhammad Ali, Vito Antuofermo, Randy "Tex" Cobb, Marvin Hagler, Julio Cesar Chavez. Boxing Scene 1991; "The 10 Greatest Chins".

that doesn't mean it's the gospel truth.

RockyMarcianofan00
03-31-2006, 12:07 AM
i know but i mean you can see how tough his chin was and then i can back it up by many boxing experts saying its true

its not like i'm posting one thing and saying this is GOD

btw Charles was a natrual LHW in his prime

SuzieQ49
03-31-2006, 01:21 AM
ezzard charles weighed 185lb and 192lb when he fought rocky marciano. whats this natural middleweight crap? post ur spam elsewhere butterfly, u just been proven wrong.

if charles was a natural middle then how come he fought rocky weighing 185lb and 192lb?

Dempsey 1919
03-31-2006, 01:24 AM
ezzard charles weighed 185lb and 192lb when he fought rocky marciano. whats this natural middleweight crap? post ur spam elsewhere butterfly, u just been proven wrong.

if charles was a natural middle then how come he fought rocky weighing 185lb and 192lb?

uhmm, cause he put on extra weight, duh! that doesn't mean that's his natural fighting weight. also he was in his mid 30s, so he was old, and you tend to put on weight as you get old.

Kid Achilles
03-31-2006, 02:24 AM
Charles was a middleweight when he was around 21 years old. That's like saying Muhammad Ali was a light heavyweight because he fought as one in the amateurs. Terrible logic.

Da Iceman
03-31-2006, 09:43 AM
ali was pretty lanky at light heavy.

Dempsey 1919
03-31-2006, 12:42 PM
Charles was a middleweight when he was around 21 years old. That's like saying Muhammad Ali was a light heavyweight because he fought as one in the amateurs. Terrible logic.

ali was a natural 190 in the amateurs for your information. it's just that he drained himself for the olympics.

Da Iceman
03-31-2006, 12:46 PM
he drained his fluids.......... in your mouth

Dempsey 1919
03-31-2006, 12:48 PM
he drained his fluids.......... in your mouth

a little homo-eroticism, there. ;)

Da Iceman
03-31-2006, 01:06 PM
no, its true. he drained his cum in fraziers 15th round ass.

Frazier's 15th round
03-31-2006, 07:37 PM
no, its true. he drained his cum in fraziers 15th round ass.

NextRocky, this is for you, you little *****:

:****you:

Da Iceman
03-31-2006, 08:01 PM
NextRocky, this is for you, you little *****:

:****you:
***** you betta check it, dont nobody here like you. you dont even like yourself.

Shanus
03-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Can anybody tell me the name of the song that's being played on that tribute video?

Da Iceman
03-31-2006, 10:49 PM
the hell if i know, it makes you cry doesnt it?

sleazyfellow
03-31-2006, 11:11 PM
ill tell u what makes me cry and its all the ali/marciano stuff around here, its like none of u guys heard of other fighters, but neways good video, but anyways prime sleaze>ali>marciano....of course non prime and at about 80 years old.

Da Iceman
03-31-2006, 11:13 PM
no its just that somebody always turns a thread into a marciano ali discussion. we can make a thread about dirt vs. sand and it'l turn to marciano vs. ali.

RockyMarcianofan00
04-01-2006, 12:40 AM
no its just that somebody always turns a thread into a marciano ali discussion. we can make a thread about dirt vs. sand and it'l turn to marciano vs. ali.
well you see dirt is thick and strong but doesn't move fast but sand is fast and isn't very strong
kind of like Ali and Marciano

:D :D :D :D yea thats basically this entire forum, i mean it could be Joe Frazier vs George Foreman and somebody will turn it into Marciano v ali

Dempsey 1919
04-01-2006, 01:27 AM
well you see dirt is thick and strong but doesn't move fast but sand is fast and isn't very strong
kind of like Ali and Marciano

haha, i like that. good analogy. can't give you good k, so i'll give you 2 million points bro! :D

Dempsey 1919
04-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Can anybody tell me the name of the song that's being played on that tribute video?

it's "When We Were Kings" by Brian McNight. :)

Da Iceman
04-01-2006, 11:00 AM
it's "When We Were Kings" by Brian McNight. :)
you would know.