sleazyfellow
03-24-2006, 08:30 PM
easy, its foreman...

Mic-Nificent
03-24-2006, 08:34 PM
cooney hit like a mother****er too.

Yaman
03-24-2006, 09:03 PM
A lot of people think Liston was one of the hardest hitters ever. How is that?

El Guapo
03-24-2006, 09:07 PM
A lot of people think Liston was one of the hardest hitters ever. How is that?
i feel lennox hit hard, clearly he did, but not enough to be the hardest,
depends on what you mean by hardest!!!!
which created more pain?,
or more ko power?

Yaman
03-24-2006, 09:13 PM
i feel lennox hit hard, clearly he did, but not enough to be the hardest,
depends on what you mean by hardest!!!!
which created more pain?,
or more ko power?

KO power or creating pain is the same. I think these are some of the hardest htting HWs ever.

George Foreman
Earnie Shavers
Lennox Lewis
Mike Tyson
Rocky Marciano
etc etc

Sonny Liston probably too. But i still wanna why people consider him being one of the hardest hitters.

Mike Tyson77
03-24-2006, 09:32 PM
1. Mike Tyson
2. Rocky Marciano
3. Joe Frazier

hellfire508
03-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Foreman
Shavers
Louis
Tyson
Liston
Marciano
Dempsey
Frazier

Take your pick...

Da Iceman
03-24-2006, 11:30 PM
come on be serious, you put frazier before liston and foreman and shavers.
marciano
foreman
shavers
liston or lyle

paul750
03-24-2006, 11:35 PM
One punch power? Earnie shavers.

Da Iceman
03-24-2006, 11:36 PM
one punch power marciano. see marciano vs. walcott 1

paul750
03-24-2006, 11:39 PM
well... the boxers choice is Shavers [Ali and Holmes] i guess they know more than us.

Da Iceman
03-25-2006, 12:27 AM
ask butterfly, ali probably moaned it out when he was suckin his nuts.

SuzieQ49
03-25-2006, 12:40 AM
hardest heavyweight puncher meaning force in one punch?

i would say earnie shavers. his PSI was like 1600

- also sonny liston. now only was he heavy handed, but he had a tremendous amount of snap on his punches. far more snap than foreman.

ever wonder why foreman never had one punch KOs(please dont bring up the glass jaw moorer fight) vs world class competition?

foreman never could keep people down. it was because he was too heavyhanded and not enough snap on his punch like liston had. foreman just piled guys into the ground, while listons put guys lights out.

another is mike tyson. when he hit guys, and i mean durable big guys, he put there lights out. he had incredible snap.

the greatest all around puncher of all time? easily joe louis. followed by mike tyson.

p4p hardest punching heavyweight with one punch?

rocky marciano or jack dempsey. THERE IS NO DEBATE.

SuzieQ49
03-25-2006, 12:43 AM
by the way here are some test results

rocky marciano 1100 PSI

Joe Louis 1200 PSI

earnie shavers - i heard 1600 PSI but thats not gauranteed

THIS MEANS FORCE WITH 1 PUNCH

* u notice marcianos PSI. well one of the hardest punchers today 6'6 250lb wlad klitschko PSI is 1100. SO DON'T GO SAYING MARCIANO DOESNT HAVE THE POWER TO FLATTEN BIG MEN WHEN WITH ONE PUNCH HE HAS JUST AS MUCH FORCE AS A 6'6 250LB HUGE PUNCHER WLAD KLTISCHKO.

Da Iceman
03-25-2006, 12:54 AM
thats a lie. the biggest psi in one punch ever recorded was rocky marciano it was 1000. http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Arena/1047//Rock3.html. do your research.

SuzieQ49
03-25-2006, 01:26 AM
oops your right, my mistake! i messed up on joe louis too, i boasted them both up an extra 100 by accident.

rocky marciano 1000 PSI
joe louis 1100 PSI

thanx for correcting me!

Dempsey 1919
03-25-2006, 01:49 AM
either foreman or shavers. most fighters who fought both would say shavers, but i would lean to foreman.

Dempsey 1919
03-25-2006, 01:50 AM
ask butterfly, ali probably moaned it out when he was suckin his nuts.

yeah, and i bet you remember giving head to rocky and enjoying it, so of course you picked him. :D

SuzieQ49
03-25-2006, 02:17 AM
your a disagrace to ali fans. im a huge ali fan by the way, but ur beyond insanity.

Dempsey 1919
03-25-2006, 02:59 AM
your a disagrace to ali fans. im a huge ali fan by the way, but ur beyond insanity.

i'm a disgrace to ali fans? why, cause i hurt your little feelings when i tell the truth about marciano? lol. suzie q, be quiet, cause right now your talking non-sense.

supaduck
03-25-2006, 04:47 AM
Foreman had more force behind his punches but he was basically knocking people out by hitting them in the face and side of the head, he rarely even hit them on the chin. His power was so great that he didn't even need to.

Pugnacious_Z
03-25-2006, 06:06 AM
rockys punch had enuf energy to lift 1000lbs 1 feet off the ground. not 1000 PSI u idiots. theres no PSI test on any of the boxers your talkin about., the only test on a champion is from frank bruno

mokele
03-25-2006, 06:48 AM
One punch power? Earnie shavers.

I saw several of Earnie Shavers' fights including his 2 with Larry Holmes, his loss in 1 round to Jerry Quarry, his fight with Muhammad Ali and his 1 round knockout of Ken Norton.

Shavers was not as physically strong as Foreman and not nearly as big as Lennox Lewis, but when he threw a power shot he put everything he had into the punch. His ko of Norton made a believer out of me. Shavers grunted loudly every time he threw a shot against Norton once he had him pinned to the ropes. I've never seen that before or since.

Try to think of a time when you got very angry and wanted to knock somebody's head off, and maybe took out that anger on the heavy bag. That's the way Shavers threw his hooks!

Southpaw Stinger
03-25-2006, 07:09 AM
Easy to decide the hardest punchers,

1. Foreman
2. Shavers definatly the top 2

after them are the likes of Tyson, Liston, Frazier, Marciano etc

mokele
03-25-2006, 07:12 AM
Bernardo Mercado:

http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=394

was a tall, heavy-handed heavyweight that developed a reputation as a big puncher in the late 1970s and 1980s. I just read an article on Mike Weaver who mentioned him as being 1 of the hardest hitters he ever faced. Weaver stopped Mercado anyway though, so Mercado didn't have a great chin.

Although he was far from being a great fighter, among Mercado's victims were Earnie Shavers, Trevor Berbick and Henry Clark. He was vulnerable to being knocked out himself though, not uncommon for big punchers.

SuzieQ49
03-25-2006, 09:03 AM
mercado knocked out berbick with 1 punch

Yaman
03-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Well see, there's a diffirence between a hard puncher and an effective puncher. Foreman can pound the heavy bag the hardest, Tyson can knock someone out like the best because he's way more effective. Foreman couldn't KO someone with 1 punch because he was not on target like a Marciano, Tyson etc. If Foreman was precise, he would've been a real monster with his punches.

Plus, some people said Foreman did not put his full weight into his punches, like he was an arm puncher.

SuzieQ49
03-25-2006, 01:54 PM
in terms of legit one punch ko artists...........

Rocky Marciano, up until about 1953 when he started tightening up his stance and punches and fighting more methodically.

smasher
03-25-2006, 01:55 PM
mercado knocked out berbick with 1 punch
Leon Spinks who was not known for having a great chin walked through everything Mercado threw at him and Mercado hit him alot. Spinks KO of Mercado on the Holmes-Ali undercard was one of his more impressive performances.

paul750
03-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Foreman obviously had a lot of power, but the guy didn't knock people out with one punch like shavers. could you imagine shavers having the skill of a prime mike tyson who threw quick combos? he would have literally killed people.

RockyMarcianofan00
03-25-2006, 02:02 PM
as far as i know they never measured Marciano's psi

they did however esitimate it by watching his fights and checking dmg etc

here's what they said in the article
When Marciano was destroying all challengers with his blockbuster assault, the U.S. Testing Co. was asked to measure the power of Rocky's wallop. Its findings:
"Marciano's knockout blow packs more explosive energy than an armour-piercing bullet and represents as much energy as would be required to spot lift 1000 pounds one foot off the ground." Boxing Illustrated December 1963

it was stronger then an armor piercing bullet and has at least as much energy as to lift 1000 lbs off the ground so they don't actually know how hard he hit which is why the debate over if he was a top 10 power hitter is always heated

either way Marciano is one of at least the top 5 strongest power hitters so far IMO

IMO:
1 hit artists (so to speak)

Probably guys like Marciano and Louis, maybe because these are guys with KO power in either hand

Hardest swarming hitters
guys like Frazier & Tyson- though tyson had KO power in either hand

and Foreman just hit hard in general, though he wasn't a one hit artist and he didn't swarm, he was more of a slugger

SuzieQ49
03-25-2006, 02:05 PM
im talking p4p a pre 1954 rocky marciano gets the # 1 spot

- pre 1954 marciano only since marciano lost power when goldman tinkered with his style. marciano was a one punch KO artist up until late 53 when goldman tinkered his with style and he became a attrition volume puncher.

- go ahead and watch the film, its very noticeable marcianos a harder puncher pre 1954

however if ur not talking p4p, then its earnie shavers

RockyMarcianofan00
03-25-2006, 02:07 PM
thats because later he worked on his crouch and perfected throwing the jab from his crouch and just like foreman could pick and choose his punches better

however 1954 and before is most of his career

he only retired 2 years later in 1956

SuzieQ49
03-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Leon Spinks who was not known for having a great chin walked through everything Mercado threw at him and Mercado hit him alot. Spinks KO of Mercado on the Holmes-Ali undercard was one of his more impressive performances.

thats not good

SuzieQ49
03-25-2006, 02:12 PM
goldman got rocky to shorten up his punches so he would be able to punch more effectivley from his newly perfected crouch.
Rocky Marciano in 1954 he started tightening up his stance and punches and fighting more methodically.

- to tell u the truth, i did not like this one bit, i thought it took off speed and power from rockys punches, especially power. he would have knocked charles out sooner had he fought him in 51-52 cause his punches would have been a lot harder. however, he also risks getting outboxed since his defense,skills wasnt as good in 51-52.

XionComrade
03-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Foreman was a hard hitter but was not the hardest, just ask Norton, Ali, and Ron Lyle. They all said that Shavers and Cooney hit harder.

Earnie Shavers and Gerry Cooney are tied for 1st place in my books as the hardest hitters to ever grace the ring. They were absolutely murderous.

Foreman is about the 5th or 6th.

Tyson is WAAAY down their at around 50th at best, it wasn't the power that made Tyson the KO king, it was the Precission and speed of the punch, no way you would see it coming!

P4P I think we all agree that Rocky Marciano hits the hardest though.

Slicksouthpaw
03-26-2006, 05:03 PM
is this even a question? Marciano or Foreman :lol1: Foreman would've easily clubbed his ass into the 10th row

Dempsey 1919
05-03-2006, 02:00 AM
this should settle the debate. :D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePvtgni_mV4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePvtgni_mV4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Yaman
05-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Man..Foreman fought like an amateur..wild swinging..he was lucky he had all that power and strenght or else Norton would have jabbed him to death.

Boxclever
05-03-2006, 08:41 AM
im new to boxing and i just wondered is it liston or is it foremen or rocky

For me it's George Foreman :boxing:

King Koyle
05-03-2006, 11:43 AM
From what I hear,it was probadly Earnie Shavers.

Southpaw Stinger
05-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Foreman was stronger than Shavers but Shavers could hurt a guy more with a single punch. Overall though I say Foreman is the hardest heavyweight puncher with Shavers using his power better.

Dempsey 1919
05-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Foreman was stronger than Shavers but Shavers could hurt a guy more with a single punch. Overall though I say Foreman is the hardest heavyweight puncher with Shavers using his power better.

have you watched the vid i put up. man, he made norton fly!hahaha :D

Heckler
05-03-2006, 10:19 PM
In terms of raw power, without a doubt George Foreman. However, he didn't have the skills to facilitate this power as well as the other guys.

Punching power:

Shavers
Foreman
Marciano
Tyson
And the most effective being Joe Louis.

Dempsey 1919
05-03-2006, 10:39 PM
In terms of raw power, without a doubt George Foreman. However, he didn't have the skills to facilitate this power as well as the other guys.

Punching power:

Shavers
Foreman
Marciano
Tyson
And the most effective being Joe Louis.

marciano over tyson and louis? :eek:

hemichromis
05-04-2006, 02:40 AM
Foreman was a hard hitter but was not the hardest, just ask Norton, Ali, and Ron Lyle. They all said that Shavers and Cooney hit harder.

Earnie Shavers and Gerry Cooney are tied for 1st place in my books as the hardest hitters to ever grace the ring. They were absolutely murderous.

Foreman is about the 5th or 6th.

Tyson is WAAAY down their at around 50th at best, it wasn't the power that made Tyson the KO king, it was the Precission and speed of the punch, no way you would see it coming!

P4P I think we all agree that Rocky Marciano hits the hardest though.

foreman is 5th or 6th?
who the hell is 2nd 3rd and 4th then

Dempsey 1919
05-04-2006, 03:13 AM
foreman is 5th or 6th?
who the hell is 2nd 3rd and 4th then

i know. probably marciano is up there. :p

Verstyle
05-04-2006, 03:14 AM

thats what i was thinking. theres also some jokers on here that think rocky hits harder then tyson :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dempsey 1919
05-04-2006, 03:19 AM
thats what i was thinking. theres also some jokers on here that think rocky hits harder then tyson :eek: :eek: :eek:

yea i know. knocking out middleweights like ezzard charles and knocking out 230+lb. hw's like frank bruno are two different things.

Southpaw Stinger
05-04-2006, 12:35 PM
have you watched the vid i put up. man, he made norton fly!hahaha

I've seen most Foreman fights with Frazier and Norton being the fights showing his power against two great fighters. Just hearing "Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!" sends chill down my spine and seeing Norton lifted is also a good laugh.

thats what i was thinking. theres also some jokers on here that think rocky hits harder then tyson

No way Rocky hits harder than Tyson. Tyson was a beast.

I'm not putting Cooney near the top. 1st place is Foreman and Shavers, with the likes of Lyle, Tyson, Frazier following. Marciano is probably 8th.

Heckler
05-07-2006, 05:42 PM

It wasn't in any particular order.

SuzieQ49
05-07-2006, 09:15 PM
yea i know. knocking out middleweights like ezzard charles and knocking out 230+lb. hw's like frank bruno are two different things.

ezzard charles 192lb when he was knocked out by marciano. does that sound like a middleweight too you?

muhammad ali in his prime weighed 201lb in the rematch vs henry cooper. only 9lb heavier than ezzard charles when marciano knocked him out.

192lb is a lot different than 160lb. so please dont call charles a middleweight.

funny how he critisizes marciano for knocking out a former middleweight, but doesnt critisize jack johnson for getting knocked out by 5'8 165lb joe choynski or getting knocked down by THE MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION

Dempsey 1919
05-07-2006, 09:51 PM
ezzard charles 192lb when he was knocked out by marciano. does that sound like a middleweight too you?

muhammad ali in his prime weighed 201lb in the rematch vs henry cooper. only 9lb heavier than ezzard charles when marciano knocked him out.

192lb is a lot different than 160lb. so please dont call charles a middleweight.

funny how he critisizes marciano for knocking out a former middleweight, but doesnt critisize jack johnson for getting knocked out by 5'8 165lb joe choynski or getting knocked down by THE MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION

charles was 33 when he fought marciano, so of course he's gonna weigh more than his prime weight. :rolleyes:

and choynski weighed about 170 and johnson only weighed 180, so that's only a 10lb. difference. and the ketchel fight was scripted. it was planned to be a no decision, but ketchel wanted to get big and fought for real and knocked him down. johnson wasn't expecting that, seeing as how it wasn't supposed to be a real fight anyway. well, you know what happened when johnson got up, lol!!

oh, and ali weighed that much because cooper was only about 180. so ali purposely lost weight.

Hous
05-07-2006, 10:04 PM
charles was 33 when he fought marciano, so of course he's gonna weigh more than his prime weight. :rolleyes:

and choynski weighed about 170 and johnson only weighed 180, so that's only a 10lb. difference. and the ketchel fight was scripted. it was planned to be a no decision, but ketchel wanted to get big and fought for real and knocked him down. johnson wasn't expecting that, seeing as how it wasn't supposed to be a real fight anyway. well, you know what happened when johnson got up, lol!!

oh, and ali weighed that much because cooper was only about 180. so ali purposely lost weight.
at the age of 33 a HW should still be in their prime, look at modern day HWs, most of the top guys are over 30. I just read what SuzieQ was saying, you are saying Edzzard Charles was a middleweight at 192lbs? LMAO, your a moron. Thats more than Marciano ever weighed!

Your a embarassment to Muhammad Ali fans, please take him out of your sig.

Dempsey 1919
05-07-2006, 10:48 PM
at the age of 33 a HW should still be in their prime, look at modern day HWs, most of the top guys are over 30. I just read what SuzieQ was saying, you are saying Edzzard Charles was a middleweight at 192lbs? LMAO, your a moron. Thats more than Marciano ever weighed!

charles is a natural middleweight/lighthw and fought at that weight for several years.

and 33 years is not someone's prime. prime is like 25-29 or something like that. charles prime is when he fought moore and people like that. he was past his prime when he fought marciano, this is a fact. and you're not in any position to call me a moron, seeing as you said that archie moore has an iron chin lol, and that marciano's competition is one of the best p4p in boxing history, even more LOL! we all know moore has p4p one of the worst chins in boxing history, and that marciano is known for beating up on either past their prime champions, overrated ranked contenders, or just complete bums.

i have spoken. :D

Heckler
05-08-2006, 12:26 AM

At the age of 33 a HW of the past should not be in their primes. Boxing isn't as tough as it was, they fought harder and as a result it took a toll on their bodies. Today the top guys are over 30, but never have they gone through the punishment that Frazier, Ali, Marciano etc did. I believe Ezzard Charles was declining however was still a formidable opponent. Rocky Marciano may have been relatively light but he had the frame of a 200 pound man.

RockyMarcianofan00
05-08-2006, 01:34 AM
There is a different between physical prime and Skill Prime, Physical prime last alot longer then skill prime. Whereas your skill prime may be around 27ish-35ish (some fighters are exceptions like Walcott,Tyson, i think Lennox Lewis to), usually your physical prime doesn't happen until you mature completely which is usually around 29ish. Your skills tend to diminish about your mid 30's (varies fighter to figther) your physical prime probably last after you retire and only ends when your body goes down hill (40's-50's)

Tyson's prime was when he was 86' - 90' but his physical prime wasn't until about early to mid 90's

Verstyle
05-08-2006, 01:36 AM
At the age of 33 a HW of the past should not be in their primes. Boxing isn't as tough as it was, they fought harder and as a result it took a toll on their bodies. Today the top guys are over 30, but never have they gone through the punishment that Frazier, Ali, Marciano etc did. I believe Ezzard Charles was declining however was still a formidable opponent. Rocky Marciano may have been relatively light but he had the frame of a 200 pound man.

prime isnt based on age

SuzieQ49
05-08-2006, 01:57 AM
charles was 33 when he fought marciano, so of course he's gonna weigh more than his prime weight.

wut about in the first marciano fight when ezzard charles was 32 years old and weighed 185lb in there fight?

did u know ezzard charles won the title in 1949 vs walcott weighing 182lb just 3lb less than in the first fight with marciano.

so wuts this prime weight crap?

joe choynksi WAS NOT 170lb, he was closer to 160lb

butterfly, did marciano ever fight a man under 170lb?

did marciano ever get knocked down by a middleweight champion?

did marciano ever get knocked out by a 5'8 165lb man?

why did muhammad ali weigh 206lb vs liston in the rematch? cause he wanted to lose weight for 218lb liston?

Dempsey 1919
05-08-2006, 02:52 PM
wut about in the first marciano fight when ezzard charles was 32 years old and weighed 185lb in there fight?

did u know ezzard charles won the title in 1949 vs walcott weighing 182lb just 3lb less than in the first fight with marciano.

so wuts this prime weight crap?

joe choynksi WAS NOT 170lb, he was closer to 160lb

butterfly, did marciano ever fight a man under 170lb?

did marciano ever get knocked down by a middleweight champion?

did marciano ever get knocked out by a 5'8 165lb man?

why did muhammad ali weigh 206lb vs liston in the rematch? cause he wanted to lose weight for 218lb liston?

alright, i'll agree that marciano's competition was better than johnson's. are you happy now? :rolleyes:

and liston weighed 215 1/4 in the rematch, not 218. did ali look small in the rematch? no. did you know that in the first fight with cooper, ali weighed 207? and the rematch with liston he weighed 206. but if you look at the fights, he looked smaller fighting cooper than he did with liston. now why would that be? it's because ali was in the best shape of his life against liston in the rematch, and he just lost some extra bodyfat, that's all. he didn't lose muscle mass or anything like that.

supaduck
05-08-2006, 05:59 PM
I think there are different types of big punchers. Foreman had the hugest amount of force, so you could argue he was the hardest, but a couple of others like Shavers had more snap (speed, basically), which can KO you just as badly.

Brockton Lip
05-08-2006, 06:07 PM
I think there are different types of big punchers. Foreman had the hugest amount of force, so you could argue he was the hardest, but a couple of others like Shavers had more snap (speed, basically), which can KO you just as badly.

I agree. Shavers, Marciano, and Tyson had those crazy powerful punches. Foreman had huge, hammering punches.

Jenks88
05-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Most people say Shavers was the hardest hitter, Foreman was #2. I've also heard that Tyson wasn't the hardest puncher of his generation; there were reports that Frank Bruno and Razor Ruddock hit harder. What made Tyson deadly was his power COMBINED with his explosiveness, speed, and accuracy. If you watch the interview with Larry Holmes after Tyson KO'd him, he says that guys like Shavers and Norton hit harder, but that Tyson was a much sharper puncher and way harder to hit. Shavers probably has the best 1 punch KO power, but guys like Joe Louis and Tyson are still more dangerous punchers because of their speed/accuracy/explosiveness.

Yaman
05-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Tyson belongs in the top 5. Ali had speed and accuracy, but did he rip fighters a new *******? I rate Tyson at #3 or so, but he was the most effective puncher ever.

sookyjumps
05-08-2006, 11:50 PM
marciano
foreman
shavers

Dempsey 1919
05-09-2006, 01:34 AM
marciano
foreman
shavers

i hope it's not in that order.

Da Iceman
05-09-2006, 01:38 AM
you guys make this same thread everyday.

Southpaw Stinger
05-09-2006, 12:43 PM
i hope it's not in that order.

So do I. worrying. :boxing:

supaduck
05-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Butterfly why don't you allow people their opinions?

Dempsey 1919
05-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Butterfly why don't you allow people their opinions?

it's a retarded opinion.

hemichromis
05-09-2006, 03:33 PM
it's a retarded opinion.

even retards are entitled to an opinion ;)

Dempsey 1919
05-09-2006, 03:35 PM
even retards are entitled to an opinion ;)

yeah, i guess you're right. :p

supaduck
05-09-2006, 03:35 PM
yeah so you should stop jumping down people's throats for disagreeing with you.

Dempsey 1919
05-09-2006, 03:37 PM
yeah so you should stop jumping down people's throats for disagreeing with you.

look, if i said that muhammad ali had more power than george foreman and mike tyson combined, wouldn't you jump down my throat?

RockyMarcianofan00
05-09-2006, 03:51 PM
look, if i said that muhammad ali had more power than george foreman and mike tyson combined, wouldn't you jump down my throat?
i would considering he had less power then a normal hw has
i compare his power to a lhw's
the only thing hw about ali was his weight
his speed and footwork were middleweight
his punch was middleweight/lightheavyweight

but what can you do

hemichromis
05-09-2006, 04:56 PM
actually ali had a decent punch, particuly in hisa later career when he settled down but at first he prefered to move rather then settle down and slug it out and it worked very well

catskills23
05-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Most people say Shavers was the hardest hitter, Foreman was #2. I've also heard that Tyson wasn't the hardest puncher of his generation; there were reports that Frank Bruno and Razor Ruddock hit harder. What made Tyson deadly was his power COMBINED with his explosiveness, speed, and accuracy. If you watch the interview with Larry Holmes after Tyson KO'd him, he says that guys like Shavers and Norton hit harder, but that Tyson was a much sharper puncher and way harder to hit. Shavers probably has the best 1 punch KO power, but guys like Joe Louis and Tyson are still more dangerous punchers because of their speed/accuracy/explosiveness.

holmes reckons norton punched harder than tyson :D

catskills23
05-09-2006, 05:06 PM

what reports was there that bruno and ruddock hit harder.

Boxclever
05-09-2006, 05:13 PM
George Foreman :cool:

JDizzle79
05-09-2006, 05:14 PM
George Foreman :cool:

Frank Bruno

Yaman
05-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Frank Bruno

Bruno was the only one who got his punch tested on that machine and he has the most underrated power ever.

JDizzle79
05-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Bruno was the only one who got his punch tested on that machine and he has the most underrated power ever.

yup, only he moved like a robot inside the ring...he lifted a lot of weights

Heckler
05-10-2006, 03:14 AM
There is a different between physical prime and Skill Prime, Physical prime last alot longer then skill prime. Whereas your skill prime may be around 27ish-35ish (some fighters are exceptions like Walcott,Tyson, i think Lennox Lewis to), usually your physical prime doesn't happen until you mature completely which is usually around 29ish. Your skills tend to diminish about your mid 30's (varies fighter to figther) your physical prime probably last after you retire and only ends when your body goes down hill (40's-50's)

Tyson's prime was when he was 86' - 90' but his physical prime wasn't until about early to mid 90's

Your physical prime is when you reach your peak years, according to our current knowledge of human biology and sports science the average male reaches his physical peak around 25-26 and starts to decline 29-30.

"your physical prime probably last after you retire and only ends when your body goes down hill (40's-50's)" - what the ****? your physical prime in regard to boxing is essentially when your body is in the best shape for athletic application.. im assuming your either doing alot of guesswork here, are confused, or trying to suggest that fighters don't decline until they are 40-50 in order to shed positive light on Marcianos career. Your SKILL's last alot longer then your physical peak, Walcott may have been a fine technician at the age of 37 but he would of declined physically. Lennox Lewis was probably more skilled towards the end of his career then he was in his younger days, regardless of the fact that he was past his physical peak.

hemichromis
05-10-2006, 02:21 PM
bruno had alot of power but he was clumbsy and slow possibly due to weightlifting

the age at which a fighter is in their prime varies
the human body is fullygrown and filled out by 25 in most people and therefore the body is usually in the best condition at this time but some fighters may hit their prime later because they fight smarter or learnt more or trained better

catskills23
05-10-2006, 02:35 PM

what was brunos punch psi?.

Yaman
05-10-2006, 02:51 PM
what was brunos punch psi?.

If i remember correctly, someone said it was 2200? I really dont know exactly, but Frank Bruno belongs in the list of hardest hitters of all time. Remember when he rocked Tyson? Nobody ever did that to Tyson in the 1st round with 1 punch.

catskills23
05-10-2006, 05:50 PM
If i remember correctly, someone said it was 2200? I really dont know exactly, but Frank Bruno belongs in the list of hardest hitters of all time. Remember when he rocked Tyson? Nobody ever did that to Tyson in the 1st round with 1 punch.

i doubt it was 2200 psi and how do you know if bruno is one the hardest hitters of all time if no other heavy punchers such as liston, tyson, foreman, foremam , ruddock, lewis or morrison had their punching power measured. when did bruno get his punching power measured? . i have heard from people on the net that tyson, foreman and bruno had their punching power measured before and bruno topped the list and tyson came last , its more than lightly bull**** because i have yet to see documented prove that this actually happened .

Dye
05-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Bruno does belong on the list Bruno hit very hard, not as hard as Morrison,Foreman but in the top 15

SquareCircle
05-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Man..Foreman fought like an amateur..wild swinging..he was lucky he had all that power and strenght or else Norton would have jabbed him to death.
tyson ducked foreman was tyson was 22 or 23.

Yaman
05-11-2006, 09:08 AM
i doubt it was 2200 psi and how do you know if bruno is one the hardest hitters of all time if no other heavy punchers such as liston, tyson, foreman, foremam , ruddock, lewis or morrison had their punching power measured. when did bruno get his punching power measured? . i have heard from people on the net that tyson, foreman and bruno had their punching power measured before and bruno topped the list and tyson came last , its more than lightly bull**** because i have yet to see documented prove that this actually happened .

Because of the test that ONLY HE did, his KO% and simply by looking at his punching power. None of those guy had their punching power tested. You're talking bull****! You believe anything people say on these forums, but when you try to find proof of this, there's nothing. Only Bruno(Maybe others but not those guys) did that test and everybody knows that.

Dont be an idiot. It seems like you're a little kid that believes anything from anyone. Then you make topics about it.

RockyMarcianofan00
05-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Your physical prime is when you reach your peak years, according to our current knowledge of human biology and sports science the average male reaches his physical peak around 25-26 and starts to decline 29-30.

"your physical prime probably last after you retire and only ends when your body goes down hill (40's-50's)" - what the ****? your physical prime in regard to boxing is essentially when your body is in the best shape for athletic application.. im assuming your either doing alot of guesswork here, are confused, or trying to suggest that fighters don't decline until they are 40-50 in order to shed positive light on Marcianos career. Your SKILL's last alot longer then your physical peak, Walcott may have been a fine technician at the age of 37 but he would of declined physically. Lennox Lewis was probably more skilled towards the end of his career then he was in his younger days, regardless of the fact that he was past his physical peak.

your right i did have a few things confused, your skills prime does last longer then your physical prime but the fact is many men are in a good condition into there late life, but there not as good as they would have been in there physical prime. The fact is though your physical prime last longer then your 20's. I've seen fighters who've had it into there 30's.

but i did actually mess up writing that, like i know what i meant to say and i know what i wrote owell

RockyMarcianofan00
05-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Because of the test that ONLY HE did, his KO% and simply by looking at his punching power. None of those guy had their punching power tested. You're talking bull****! You believe anything people say on these forums, but when you try to find proof of this, there's nothing. Only Bruno(Maybe others but not those guys) did that test and everybody knows that.

Dont be an idiot. It seems like you're a little kid that believes anything from anyone. Then you make topics about it.
Bruno isn't 2200 i thought that was Tyson's PSI but i'm double checking that source so don't quote me.
the fact is if Bruno is the only man at that time to be tested with the machine then what bases do you have to say he was a good puncher. Granted that he did rock tyson in the first round but that may just be a good shot not so much of a hard shot.

Bruno maybe among the harder hitters in Heavyweight History but he doesn't rank with Foreman,Tyson etc
Bruno= top20 or top15

Zamora
05-11-2006, 07:01 PM
its hard to say-possibly tyson

Yaman
05-12-2006, 03:37 AM
Bruno isn't 2200 i thought that was Tyson's PSI but i'm double checking that source so don't quote me.
the fact is if Bruno is the only man at that time to be tested with the machine then what bases do you have to say he was a good puncher. Granted that he did rock tyson in the first round but that may just be a good shot not so much of a hard shot.

Bruno maybe among the harder hitters in Heavyweight History but he doesn't rank with Foreman,Tyson etc
Bruno= top20 or top15

I think he comes close. But yeah probably in the top 15/10.

Pugnacious_Z
05-12-2006, 05:49 AM
whoever said its 2200psi is a lying cunt. i have the site in which they tested his punch and his punch is measured in Kilograms and it was 400kg with gloves and 600kg of force barefist

Yaman
05-12-2006, 06:43 AM
Well, what the hell is this psi stuff anyway.

Dye
05-12-2006, 07:30 PM
do you think Alex Stewart is anywhere close his record was 43-10-0 with 40 ko's

catskills23
05-12-2006, 07:37 PM
whoever said its 2200psi is a lying cunt. i have the site in which they tested his punch and his punch is measured in Kilograms and it was 400kg with gloves and 600kg of force barefist

dude where is this site?.

Yaman
05-12-2006, 07:39 PM
do you think Alex Stewart is anywhere close his record was 43-10-0 with 40 ko's

Definitely a hard hitter and belongs up there somewhere. But his most impressive KO wins were against bums. But that doesnt really matter.

catskills23
05-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Definitely a hard hitter and belongs up there somewhere. But his most impressive KO wins were against bums. But that doesnt really matter.

alex stewart was not a big puncher and to say he was one the hardest hitters ever is a joke .

Yaman
05-12-2006, 07:55 PM
alex stewart was not a big puncher and to say he was one the hardest hitters ever is a joke .

I didn't say he hit harder than Foreman, i said he belongs in the list of hard hitters behind the big guys like Tyson.

catskills23
05-12-2006, 08:07 PM
I didn't say he hit harder than Foreman, i said he belongs in the list of hard hitters behind the big guys like Tyson.

stewart dosent belong on any list there are about 200 heavyweights in history who hit harder than stewart.

Yaman
05-12-2006, 08:17 PM
stewart dosent belong on any list there are about 200 heavyweights in history who hit harder than stewart.

Then atleast 150 of them should have done the same thing and KO 40 bums when they were fighting bums huh :rolleyes:

Dye
05-12-2006, 08:17 PM
you are a dumbass, just because he did not beat everyone does not mean he did not hard. and yes he belongs in the top 200 hardest punchers probably 100

Dye
05-12-2006, 08:18 PM
and no one said he was the hardest hitter of all time

SuzieQ49
05-13-2006, 12:46 PM
going by hecklers logic,

then marciano would easily defeat a "supposdely prime" 25-29 year old walcott since walcott couldnt even beat guys like abe simon or billy ketchell during those years.

marciano KO 1 25-29 year old walcott

so it seems the 37 year old "past his prime" walcott was better than the 25-29 year old "prime" walcott

or do u disagree?

let me ask u, was 34 year old jersey joe in his prime when he fought joe louis?

SuzieQ49
05-13-2006, 12:46 PM
a fighters prime is when he is at his BEST AS A FIGHTER

walcott was at his best as a fighter 33-38 years of age, therefore thats his prime, case closed.

as for physical peak, walcott looked in damm good shape physically and chizzled out of his mind in the louis, charles, marciano bouts.

SuzieQ49
05-13-2006, 12:52 PM
think of it this way heckler.........

by saying marciano beat a past his prime walcott, ur dismissing the walcott victory as if to say "marciano did not beat the best version of walcott."

HOWEVER,

had marciano fought a 26-29 year old walcott, he would have had a much easier time with jersey joe walcott. in fact that "prime" version of walcott wouldnt last 2 rounds.

yet according to ur logic, u would hold a win over a 26-29 year old walcott for more esteem than a win over a BETTER version of walcott in the 33-38 year old walcott

so this means walcott has to be in his prime at 37 years old since a 37 year old jersey joe WAS BETTER than the 25-29 year old walcott who u say is every fighters prime years.

so please stop saying walcott is past his prime at 37, IF THERE IS NO BETTER VERSION OF WALCOTT THAN THE 37 YEAR OLD JERSEY JOE.

fact is, marciano beat THE BEST version of jersey joe in the first fight. if that doesnt define prime or peak, then i dont know what does

Kid Achilles
05-13-2006, 01:00 PM
I'd like to see this site where Tyson's power is documented as well.

Yaman
05-13-2006, 02:01 PM
SuzieQ is exactly right. A fighters prime is when he is at his best. Not this obsession for age.

catskills23
05-13-2006, 07:24 PM
dude where is this site?.

Yaman
05-13-2006, 08:44 PM
I dont think there is a site. It was on some magazine a long time ago.

catskills23
07-24-2006, 02:25 PM
dammit there is people on here who are claiming that tyson and brunos punch power was measured . i want some sources to back up these claims.

hemichromis
07-24-2006, 03:29 PM
dammit there is people on here who are claiming that tyson and brunos punch power was measured . i want some sources to back up these claims.

they were measured but in a different way so its hard to compre them

catskills23
07-24-2006, 04:13 PM

when was brunos and tysons punching power measured?. What different methods were used to measure their power . What were the results?.

blockhead
07-24-2006, 07:17 PM
1. Mike Tyson
2. Rocky Marciano
3. Joe Frazier
hahahaha, your not very smart.

Southpaw Stinger
07-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mike Tyson77
1. Mike Tyson
2. Rocky Marciano
3. Joe Frazier

Damn, that is a sad sight...

Dempsey 1919
07-25-2006, 12:03 AM
Damn, that is a sad sight...

Yes, it is.

Demorak
07-25-2006, 05:54 AM
Shavers and Foreman whitout a doubt....others worth mentioning is Liston, Tyson, Tua, Fraizer, Marciano and Dempsey

catskills23
07-25-2006, 06:28 AM
when was brunos and tysons punching power measured?. What different methods were used to measure their power . What were the results?.

Heckler
07-25-2006, 06:53 AM
going by hecklers logic,

then marciano would easily defeat a "supposdely prime" 25-29 year old walcott since walcott couldnt even beat guys like abe simon or billy ketchell during those years.

marciano KO 1 25-29 year old walcott

so it seems the 37 year old "past his prime" walcott was better than the 25-29 year old "prime" walcott

or do u disagree?

let me ask u, was 34 year old jersey joe in his prime when he fought joe louis?

You are Mistinterpreting BIG TIME what i said... Jersey Joe walcott was not in his PHYSICAL prime when he fought Rocky Marciano and this isn't even debateable.

No fighter is in there PHYSICAL prime at the age of 37... what happens is some fighters become more skilled, smarter and better fighters as they age, gain experience and this offsets the ageing process which results in dulled reflexes, loss of speed ETC. This applies to Jersey Joe and Lennox Lewis.

rudement
07-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Joe Louis
Rocky Marciano
Joe Frazier
George Foreman
Max Baer
Jack Dempsey
David Tua
Ernie Shavers
Frank Bruno
Tommy Morrison
Samuel Peter
Mike Tyson

Note: no particular order, just some of the hardest hw's i have seen.

MickyHatton
07-25-2006, 11:19 AM
I had this discussion with Ernie Shavers in the 80's and the conversation started with me saying(I was about 15 then) that I thought Mike Tyson was the biggest hitter of all time!

He replied by explaining to me the difference between a Mike Tyson type shot and a Earnie Shavers type shot.

Mike Tyson's knockout power came from a combination of speed and force, the brain is unable to register the shot coming due to the speed and angles of the punch. This causes the brain to go into temporary shock and to protect itself it closes down for while.
An Earnie Shavers type shot is just about raw power, 9/10 the brain is prepared for the shot to land but it crashes in with such force that the Cuneus is slightly compressed or shook within the head causing the brain again to temporarily shut down!

At the time Shavers had himself as the hardest puncher, he also mentioned Foreman, Bruno, Liston and Frazier but added that Tyson although obviously a hard hitter did not hit as hard as some, Tyson's knockouts in his opinion were as much due to his speed as his power!

For me I would say Bruno had the most raw power, when he landed his bombs they almost put his opponents through the canvas, unlike a well timed hard shot which 'spins the chin' a Bruno shot had a sledgehammer or baseball bat effect!

rudement
07-25-2006, 11:29 AM
"For me I would say Bruno had the most raw power, when he landed his bombs they almost put his opponents through the canvas, unlike a well timed hard shot which 'spins the chin' a Bruno shot had a sledgehammer or baseball bat effect!"

i would go on record to agree with this, not sure if many people have seen frank bruno fight or even seen his win/ko ratio
that guy could freaking hit.

catskills23
07-25-2006, 12:40 PM
I had this discussion with Ernie Shavers in the 80's and the conversation started with me saying(I was about 15 then) that I thought Mike Tyson was the biggest hitter of all time!

He replied by explaining to me the difference between a Mike Tyson type shot and a Earnie Shavers type shot.

Mike Tyson's knockout power came from a combination of speed and force, the brain is unable to register the shot coming due to the speed and angles of the punch. This causes the brain to go into temporary shock and to protect itself it closes down for while.
An Earnie Shavers type shot is just about raw power, 9/10 the brain is prepared for the shot to land but it crashes in with such force that the Cuneus is slightly compressed or shook within the head causing the brain again to temporarily shut down!

At the time Shavers had himself as the hardest puncher, he also mentioned Foreman, Bruno, Liston and Frazier but added that Tyson although obviously a hard hitter did not hit as hard as some, Tyson's knockouts in his opinion were as much due to his speed as his power!

For me I would say Bruno had the most raw power, when he landed his bombs they almost put his opponents through the canvas, unlike a well timed hard shot which 'spins the chin' a Bruno shot had a sledgehammer or baseball bat effect!

Shavers is talking through his ass . The way he talks you would swear he was a ****in doctor.

TheGreat1
07-25-2006, 12:44 PM
i'm going with,

Foreman
Shavers
Tyson
Brewster (some may wonder way, but Brewster KO's people
without even landing clean shots)
Peter
Rocky (P4P)

MickyHatton
07-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Shavers is talking through his ass . The way he talks you would swear he was a ****in doctor.

Perhaps,

But 20 years on from then I can see his point, the real big men mentioned here hit with their body weight mostly at full extension and practically smashed their opponents to the ground.
Tyson was mostly in range as was the likes of Frazier and Marciano and they landed ferocious shots but you can see a difference in the impact of the shot(although they were better fighters)
This does not detract from those fighters as their style was probably more effective but I would say the bigger fighters with the obvious physical attributes hit harder than the stockier close in fighters.

Larry Holmes backs this up
http://www.answers.com/topic/earnie-shavers

Also Tyson isn't in the Ring Magazine Top 15 P4P Punchers of all time http://www.answers.com/topic/ring-magazine-s-list-of-100-greatest-punchers-of-all-time

However he was still a huge hitter!

realheavyhands
07-25-2006, 01:55 PM
marcianois the most overrated fighter that ever lived

Southpaw Stinger
07-25-2006, 02:37 PM
marcianois the most overrated fighter that ever lived

Nah, jack Johnson is IMO.

Toddy
07-25-2006, 03:07 PM
George foreman and marciano are the bigest evr punchers IMO

Dye
07-25-2006, 08:41 PM
all i am saying is why is Morrison not on that list if Ruddock is, dont want to start anything here

Southpaw Stinger
07-25-2006, 08:47 PM
all i am saying is why is Morrison not on that list if Ruddock is, dont want to start anything here

I don't have Ruddock or Morrison on the list.

Dye
07-25-2006, 09:39 PM
I don't have Ruddock or Morrison on the list.
not you, :) it was the ring magazine top 100 list

catskills23
07-26-2006, 11:37 AM
have any of the great power punchers such as tyson,foreman or shavers ever got their power tested?.

Likely_Lad
07-26-2006, 12:35 PM
I would say that its either Foreman, Shavers or Bruno.

Tyson, Louis, Lennox Lewis etc were big punchers but those three were concussive punchers!

Southpaw Stinger
07-26-2006, 02:05 PM
have any of the great power punchers such as tyson,foreman or shavers ever got their power tested?.

It was tested against real men! Shavers burst a guys boxing glove in the ring and snapped a guys head around.

Toddy
07-26-2006, 04:32 PM
It was tested against real men! Shavers burst a guys boxing glove in the ring and snapped a guys head around.

wow so he had average power then? lol

Southpaw Stinger
07-26-2006, 04:43 PM
wow so he had average power then? lol

He punched harder than most light weights you know!

XionComrade
07-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Found these Videos on YouTube, seems most people have a tie between Max Baer and Earnie Shavers!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1F-_wMveVig

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FRQmRaMA0b0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lynaz2PB-Co

Anyone have the link to Ring Magazines Top 100 hardest hitters?

I think the quote on Earnie Shavers was, he hit someone so hard that HIS Glove exploded, then he hit Randal Tex Cobb in the neck with a right and made him spin around and break his left ankle!

Yaman
07-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Max Baer must be the most overrated puncher ever. He didn't hit as hard as Shavers, Foreman etc. It didn't look like it in the footage. He hit people flush with no effect sometimes. People just think that 'Oh oh!! he killed someone wich means he must have hit the hardest' And that fat slob he couldn't ko. Whats his name?

Anyway, Baer is not even in the Top 30.

K-DOGG
07-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Max Baer must be the most overrated puncher ever. He didn't hit as hard as Shavers, Foreman etc. It didn't look like it in the footage. He hit people flush with no effect sometimes. People just think that 'Oh oh!! he killed someone wich means he must have hit the hardest' And that fat slob he couldn't ko. Whats his name?

Anyway, Baer is not even in the Top 30.

I would really take a second look Yaman; but, of course, you are entitled to your opinion.

XionComrade
07-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Yes I know, but he was just a stone cold puncher(Baer). Even Shavers would land seemingly flush shots and they would have no effect. But other times he would land a shot that looked even weaker than that shot and liquify the guys brain!

catskills23
07-26-2006, 07:31 PM
tyson with his speed hit harder than shavers.

Southpaw Stinger
07-26-2006, 09:10 PM

No he didn't.....

Dempsey 1919
07-26-2006, 11:31 PM

Tyson hit harder than Foreman, Liston, Shavers, Lyle, Louis, and Frazier combined. In fact, Tyson hits harder than god! :rolleyes:

r_sendo
07-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Jack Dempsey!

Southpaw Stinger
07-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Jack Dempsey!

With his lead filled leather gloves he can do damage!

K-DOGG
07-27-2006, 11:56 AM

Uh, no. Nope, neit, naw, uh-uh. :nonono:

Southpaw Stinger
07-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Uh, no. Nope, neit, naw, uh-uh. :nonono:

The Tyson nuthuggers give me a huge laugh like this every few days.

SABBATH
07-27-2006, 12:20 PM
tyson with his speed hit harder than shavers.It took Tyson 3 rounds to KO Larry Sims.

Two years later Shavers at 42 years of age and inactive for more than 4 years KO'd Sims in 1 round.

Southpaw Stinger
07-27-2006, 01:47 PM
It took Tyson 3 rounds to KO Larry Sims.

Two years later Shavers at 42 years of age and inactive for more than 4 years KO'd Sims in 1 round.

Good example.

Yaman
07-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Mike Tyson vs Larry Sims fight was never recorded. I have spoken to Tom Patti(Someone who was in Tyson's camp in the beginning) and he said the camera crew didn't show up. So we can't just look at BOXREC and make our conclutions. Maybe he was boxing him for 2 rounds and ko'd him. Who knows.

But yeah, i dont agree if thats what catskills meant. Shavers obviously had much heavier punches. Maybe he meant that Tyson was a more effective puncher because of his speed. But you never know with him!

Southpaw Stinger
07-27-2006, 02:31 PM
tyson with his speed hit harder than shavers

I think we know what he's getting at.

hemichromis
07-27-2006, 03:09 PM

i doubt even the bigest tyson fans would aggree with you, tyson hit hard but a shavers punch was like a lightly padded hammer. having said that i do believe tyson would destroy shavers and probably not get hit by anything meaningful in the process

catskills23
07-27-2006, 03:12 PM
i doubt even the bigest tyson fans would aggree with you, tyson hit hard but a shavers punch was like a lightly padded hammer. having said that i do believe tyson would destroy shavers and probably not get hit by anything meaningful in the process

okay i will concede that shavers,foreman and maybe liston hit harder than tyson but thats it .

catskills23
07-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Mike Tyson vs Larry Sims fight was never recorded. I have spoken to Tom Patti(Someone who was in Tyson's camp in the beginning) and he said the camera crew didn't show up. So we can't just look at BOXREC and make our conclutions. Maybe he was boxing him for 2 rounds and ko'd him. Who knows.

But yeah, i dont agree if thats what catskills meant. Shavers obviously had much heavier punches. Maybe he meant that Tyson was a more effective puncher because of his speed. But you never know with him!

dude next time you talk to tom patti. Ask him if tysons punching power was ever measured?.

Southpaw Stinger
07-27-2006, 03:41 PM

Tyson would definatly beat Shavers, Shavers chin was terrible!

okay i will concede that shavers,foreman and maybe liston hit harder than tyson but thats it .

And Ron lyle and Cooney.

catskills23
07-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Tyson would definatly beat Shavers, Shavers chin was terrible!

And Ron lyle and Cooney.

no way micheal spinks said tyson hit much harder than cooney.

Demorak
07-27-2006, 04:21 PM
dude next time you talk to tom patti. Ask him if tysons punching power was ever measured?.
no it wasent...according to both Patti and Steve....oh **** forgott his last name :o

catskills23
07-27-2006, 04:31 PM
no it wasent...according to both Patti and Steve....oh **** forgott his last name :o

but those guys left tysons camp in 88 . i heard that tyson got his power measured with bruno,ruddock and foreman in 89.

SABBATH
07-27-2006, 04:46 PM
dude next time you talk to tom patti. Ask him if tysons punching power was ever measured?. Yeah, Yaman next time Tom Patti comes to your work and is ordering his Happy Meal bother him with another Tyson question. Maybe if you give him a few extra fries he'll answer for you.

K-DOGG
07-27-2006, 04:46 PM
The Tyson nuthuggers give me a huge laugh like this every few days.

You too? :D

K-DOGG
07-27-2006, 04:47 PM
It took Tyson 3 rounds to KO Larry Sims.

SABBATH...I love you man! :D

SABBATH
07-27-2006, 04:58 PM
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/150/images/9_Tyson2.jpg
Larry Sims standing up to Tyson's punching power for 3 rounds before getting demolished in 1 by old man Shavers.

K-DOGG
07-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Punching Power....real Punching Power....is something you either have or you don't. You're either born with it or you're not. Sure, you can work on your punching technique to maximize your power output; but look at Foreman. His technique has been sloppy as hell at times and yet he still knocks guys out with blows that appear to be glancing. It's just gentetic. Tyson had good power; but his hand speed and technique is what made him as effective as he was in his prime.

Larry Holmes, who fougth Shavers twice...nearly got decapitated in the second bout....said that Shavers hit MUCH harder than Tyson. He said Shavers hit him so hard that he actually woke him up; that if he hadn't hit him SO hard, he would have probably been knocked out. Said he hit him SO hard, that he saw a bright flash of light and immedicately was more awake though it took him a while to get his legs back.

Of Tyson, he said his strenght was his accuracy. That Mike didn't hit as hard as Shavers or some other guys Larry had fought; but he was far more accurate and precise with his punches than they were.

Yaman
07-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Yeah, Yaman next time Tom Patti comes to your work and is ordering his Happy Meal bother him with another Tyson question. Maybe if you give him a few extra fries he'll answer for you.

Or how you Had coffee with Joe Frazier? I spoke to Tom Patti on Tyson's website. Thats a lot more credible than your story :) .

Tell us SABBATH. Do you have any more theories, ofcource judges trough BOXREC? I mean, numbers say it all right? Screw footage...the Sims fight was NOT recorded. But i wouldnt be surprised if you judge on a picture.

catskills23
07-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Punching Power....real Punching Power....is something you either have or you don't. You're either born with it or you're not. Sure, you can work on your punching technique to maximize your power output; but look at Foreman. His technique has been sloppy as hell at times and yet he still knocks guys out with blows that appear to be glancing. It's just gentetic. Tyson had good power; but his hand speed and technique is what made him as effective as he was in his prime.

Larry Holmes, who fougth Shavers twice...nearly got decapitated in the second bout....said that Shavers hit MUCH harder than Tyson. He said Shavers hit him so hard that he actually woke him up; that if he hadn't hit him SO hard, he would have probably been knocked out. Said he hit him SO hard, that he saw a bright flash of light and immedicately was more awake though it took him a while to get his legs back.

Of Tyson, he said his strenght was his accuracy. That Mike didn't hit as hard as Shavers or some other guys Larry had fought; but he was far more accurate and precise with his punches than they were.

it sounds like it was divine intervention that woke larry up . Holmes is full of **** he said that butterbean hit as hard as shavers . Mike tyson had more than good power . He had amazing power , According to bruno infact he had nuclear powered fists . Bruno once said that he would rather fight lennox lewis everyday of the week than have to go 3 rounds with mike that tells you everything you to need to know about tysons power. If holmes didnt think tyson hit hard then how come when he came back i the ninties he said i will fight guy out there except that tyson .I am not fighting that guy for any kind of money .
What dose it proff about tysons power that sims lasted 3 rounds longer with tyson than shavers . I mean alex stewart went 12 rounds with foreman but couldnt go one round with tyson. Dose that mean foreman couldnt punch no. it just means that tyson caught him with better shots just like shavers caught sims with better shots .

catskills23
07-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Or how you Had coffee with Joe Frazier? I spoke to Tom Patti on Tyson's website. Thats a lot more credible than your story :) .

Tell us SABBATH. Do you have any more theories, ofcource judges trough BOXREC? I mean, numbers say it all right? Screw footage...the Sims fight was NOT recorded. But i wouldnt be surprised if you judge on a picture.

yaman when did you ask patti if tysons power was ever measured? . I dont remember anyone asking him that on the chat transcript.

Yaman
07-27-2006, 05:39 PM
yaman when did you ask patti if tysons power was ever measured? . I dont remember anyone asking him that on the chat transcript.

I didn't ask him that question. I believe someone asked that to Steve Lott though. He said that his power was never measured, but ofcource, you think that this thing was done in the 90s. So that answer wont do much for you :(

K-DOGG
07-27-2006, 05:47 PM
it sounds like it was divine intervention that woke larry up . Holmes is full of **** he said that butterbean hit as hard as shavers . Mike tyson had more than good power . He had amazing power , According to bruno infact he had nuclear powered fists . Bruno once said that he would rather fight lennox lewis everyday of the week than have to go 3 rounds with mike that tells you everything you to need to know about tysons power. If holmes didnt think tyson hit hard then how come when he came back i the ninties he said i will fight guy out there except that tyson .I am not fighting that guy for any kind of money .
What dose it proff about tysons power that sims lasted 3 rounds longer with tyson than shavers . I mean alex stewart went 12 rounds with foreman but couldnt go one round with tyson. Dose that mean foreman couldnt punch no. it just means that tyson caught him with better shots just like shavers caught sims with better shots .

....answer: Accuracy and Precision....as I'd said.

catskills23
07-27-2006, 06:13 PM

well michael spinks said that tyson hit harder than cooney despite what holmes said.

Dempsey 1919
07-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Listen, the hardest heavyweight puncher is George Foreman. Let's end this thread please. Everyone knows it's George, so this is pointless. Here's my list.

Foreman
Shavers
Liston
Lyle
Cooney
Tyson

There.

catskills23
07-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Listen, the hardest heavyweight puncher is George Foreman. Let's end this thread please. Everyone knows it's George, so this is pointless. Here's my list.

Foreman
Shavers
Liston
Lyle
Cooney
Tyson

There.

wrong spinks said tyson hit harder than cooney. Cooney is an overrated puncher he never knocked out noboby . Tyson should be fourth place on that list .

Dempsey 1919
07-27-2006, 06:32 PM
wrong spinks said tyson hit harder than cooney. Cooney is an overrated puncher he never knocked out noboby . Tyson should be fourth place on that list .

Maybe because of Tyson's technique. I'm talking about actual punching power. Now if you are talking about greatest punchers,

liston
tyson
louis
shavers
foreman
frazier
dempsey
cooney

catskills23
07-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Maybe because of Tyson's technique. I'm talking about actual punching power. Now if you are talking about greatest punchers,

liston
tyson
louis
shavers
foreman
frazier
dempsey
cooney

well your list is a lot more reasonable than the other guys on this forum .Accoding to guys on this fourm every tom dick and harry punched harder than tyson.

XionComrade
07-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah but still, Tyson's power is way overrated...Ever see him hit the punching bag? George Foreman used the same sized punching bag, and broke them often! He still didnt hit as hard as Shavers, or Baer, or Cooney for that matter!

Dempsey 1919
07-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah but still, Tyson's power is way overrated...Ever see him hit the punching bag? George Foreman used the same sized punching bag, and broke them often! He still didnt hit as hard as Shavers, or Baer, or Cooney for that matter!

Tyson definetely did hit harder than Baer.

K-DOGG
07-27-2006, 07:01 PM

Foreman
Shavers
Liston
Lyle
Cooney
Tyson

There.

Foreman was a monster puncher, no doubt; but I feel he falls behand "The Acorn".

Shavers
Baer
Foreman
Liston
Morrison....yeah, he was limited; but the boy could really swat.
Cooney
Marciano
Louis
Tyson
Jeffries

catskills23
07-27-2006, 07:06 PM

thats because those guys pushed their punches when you punch the bag with perfect techique like tyson the bag dosent move much.

luistwentyone
07-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Iron Mike Tyson is the hardest puncher of all time all you who disagree are Egyptian (in denial)

Yaman
07-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Hardest punchers that come to mind at first.

Shavers
Foreman
Morrison
Ruddock
Bruno
Liston
Marciano
Frazier
Lewis
Louis
Tyson
Tua
Ike

In no order.

catskills23
07-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Foreman was a monster puncher, no doubt; but I feel he falls behand "The Acorn".

Shavers
Baer
Foreman
Liston
Morrison....yeah, he was limited; but the boy could really swat.
Cooney
Marciano
Louis
Tyson
Jeffries

Baer should not be on that list . I mean wow he killed 2 men in the ring he must be the hardest hitter of all time . In those days they didnt have the medical tests that they do now .Fighters could go in to the ring with medical conditions and marciano only ever knocked out light heavyweights.

catskills23
07-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Hardest punchers that come to mind at first.

Shavers
Foreman
Morrison
Ruddock
Bruno
Liston
Marciano
Frazier
Lewis
Louis
Tyson
Tua
Ike

In no order.

take ike of that list byrd said he wasent the hardest puncher.

Yaman
07-27-2006, 07:16 PM
take ike of that list byrd said he wasent the hardest puncher.

Lol, please bro. You judge too much on the opponents they fought. And i dont think Byrd liked that left uppercut all that much..

K-DOGG
07-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Baer should not be on that list . I mean wow he killed 2 men in the ring he must be the hardest hitter of all time . In those days they didnt have the medical tests that they do now .Fighters could go in to the ring with medical conditions and marciano only ever knocked out light heavyweights.

Just because you never saw him fight, doesn't mean he couldn't punch....and Marciano knocked out heavyweights as well.

catskills23
07-28-2006, 01:34 PM

well if they were measured what were the results?.

catskills23
07-28-2006, 01:36 PM

Bruno= top20 or top15

dude where are you get the sources for tyson and brunos punching power?

catskills23
07-28-2006, 01:42 PM
by the way here are some test results

rocky marciano 1100 PSI

Joe Louis 1200 PSI

earnie shavers - i heard 1600 PSI but thats not gauranteed

THIS MEANS FORCE WITH 1 PUNCH

* u notice marcianos PSI. well one of the hardest punchers today 6'6 250lb wlad klitschko PSI is 1100. SO DON'T GO SAYING MARCIANO DOESNT HAVE THE POWER TO FLATTEN BIG MEN WHEN WITH ONE PUNCH HE HAS JUST AS MUCH FORCE AS A 6'6 250LB HUGE PUNCHER WLAD KLTISCHKO.

dude where are you getting theses sources for the punching power of marcciano,louis and wald . Out of all those guys i think marcianos punch was tested at it wasent in psi it was 1000 foot pounds what ever the **** that is and according to your measurements louis hit harder than marciano but common opponents of marciano and lewid have all said that marciano hit harder . Are these actual results or are you just guessing ?.

hemichromis
07-28-2006, 01:55 PM
neither cooney tyson nor baer shoiuld be in the top 5 heavyweight punches

the first IS Shavers he hit harder than anyone of this i am certain his only problem was that he had a hard time finding the target
second must be foreman his punches were ugly but damn effective

after these two there are so many that could bein the top ten such as lyle baer tyson frasier and many more

but the answer to the thread is SHAVERS

Dye
07-28-2006, 02:03 PM

the first IS Shavers he hit harder than anyone of this i am certain his only problem was that he had a hard time finding the target

after these two there are so many that could bein the top ten such as lyle baer tyson frasier and many more

i agree #1 is shavers

catskills23
07-28-2006, 03:43 PM

the answer to this thread is that there is no answer . We cant know who was the hardest puncher of all time unless all the great punchers such as shavers,foreman,tyson,liston,marciano etc got their punching power measured at some time . There has been claims that tests were done on some of these guys punching power but any claims that have been made about tests done on these guys punching power has never being backed up by documented evidence as far as i can see that the only heavyweight who had their power legitimately tested was marciano but since there are no records of tyson, shavers or foreman having their punch measured we have nothing to compare his punching power results with .

catskills23
07-28-2006, 04:25 PM
i can now confirm tyson hit harder than bruno.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...stuids=3936571

tyson results

http://psz.gamezone.com/news/0520020821PM.htm

brunos results

Dye
07-28-2006, 04:39 PM
we already no Tyson is not the hardest puncher, 2 fighters that i know of have said someone else hits harder

catskills23
07-28-2006, 04:41 PM
we already no Tyson is not the hardest puncher, 2 fighters that i know of have said someone else hits harder

who are these two fighters?. well he hits harder than bruno at least acknowledge that.

Brockton Lip
07-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Foreman, Shavers, and Marciano hit harder fo' sure sucka.

Dye
07-28-2006, 05:05 PM
who are these two fighters?. well he hits harder than bruno at least acknowledge that.
alright i guess he hits Harder than Bruno who is one hell of a puncher i will give him that, Pinklon Thomas and Razor Ruddock both said Tommy Morrison hits Harder than Mike Tyson.

Dye
07-28-2006, 05:06 PM
But Tyson is one hell of a puncher, but he would swarm in and catch his oppenets with punches they could not see and punches you cant see always get you

Yaman
07-28-2006, 05:11 PM
i can now confirm tyson hit harder than bruno.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...stuids=3936571

tyson results

http://psz.gamezone.com/news/0520020821PM.htm

brunos results

What do you mean with those links? They dont work..

Have you finally found what you were looking for?

catskills23
07-28-2006, 05:13 PM
alright i guess he hits Harder than Bruno who is one hell of a puncher i will give him that, Pinklon Thomas and Razor Ruddock both said Tommy Morrison hits Harder than Mike Tyson.

wht a fighter says about another fighters punching power dosent mean **** . Chris byrd said that david tua was a massive puncher and hardest hitter he faced while lennox lewis wasent very complimentary about tuas punching power at all . Byrd said vitali hit harder than wald but a sparring partner of both phil jackson said that wald hit much harder than vitali . Rahman said lewis hit like a truck but morrison said lewis couldnt punch for **** . As you see fighters have agendas and what they say about another fighters power means very little .

catskills23
07-28-2006, 05:15 PM
What do you mean with those links? They dont work..

Have you finally found what you were looking for?

go the training and nutrition thread and go to the brunos punch vs. tysons punch topic and you will be able to access the links.

Dye
07-28-2006, 05:15 PM
did Lennox even really get hit at all from a Tua shot cant remember that fight

Yaman
07-28-2006, 05:18 PM
go the training and nutrition thread and go to the brunos punch vs. tysons punch topic and you will be able to access the links.

Post the links to that exact page. Thank you.

Dye
07-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Razor Ruddock hit pretty hard, gave Mike Tyson two hard fights

catskills23
07-28-2006, 05:20 PM
did Lennox even really get hit at all from a Tua shot cant remember that fight

yes he said he got hit by tuas left hook and he said to himself whats the big deal about this guy he dont hit that hard of course tuas punch more than lightly hurt a lot more than lewis has let on but he just said this to degrade tua because he was probably sick of the speculation about what would happen when tua hit him with his left hook .

catskills23
07-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Post the links to that exact page. Thank you.

dude go the training and nutrition page on this message board and then go to the brunos punch vs. tyson punch topic and a guy has the link posted there . i tried posting the link but it dosent work sorry.

Yaman
07-28-2006, 05:36 PM
The sites dont work really. Some kind of errors. Maybe because i have diffirent servers.

Just tell me what its like. Do they show stats or something? Are there interviews with Bruno or Tyson?

catskills23
07-28-2006, 05:47 PM
The sites dont work really. Some kind of errors. Maybe because i have diffirent servers.

Just tell me what its like. Do they show stats or something? Are there interviews with Bruno or Tyson?

no there no interviews . Its just an article it says that bruno punch was the equivalent to being hit by a 13 lb padded mallet at 20 mph while tysons punch was the equivalent to being hit by a 16 lb mallet at 35 mph . Why brunos mallet is padded and tyson isnt i dont know :D . Tyson punch was measured by some video game company before the lewis fight and i dont when brunos punch was measured . Tyson was reckoned to hit 4 times harder than the average man . it also said that a punch from tyson has 85 % chance of causing brain damage .

Yaman
07-28-2006, 05:54 PM
no there no interviews . Its just an article it says that bruno punch was the equivalent to being hit by a 13 lb padded mallet at 20 mph while tysons punch was the equivalent to being hit by a 16 lb mallet at 35 mph . Why brunos mallet is padded and tyson isnt i dont know :D . Tyson punch was measured by some video game company before the lewis fight and i dont when brunos punch was measured . Tyson was reckoned to hit 4 times harder than the average man . it also said that a punch from tyson has 85 % chance of causing brain damage .

****..as a matter of fact, Tyson's punching power has been measured. I have The videogame commercial and you can see Tyson hitting this thing, like Ivan Drago's machine in Rocky. I believe it now :eek:

catskills23
07-28-2006, 06:13 PM
****..as a matter of fact, Tyson's punching power has been measured. I have The videogame commercial and you can see Tyson hitting this thing, like Ivan Drago's machine in Rocky. I believe it now :eek:

how old was tyson in this commercial . Why is his punch compared to a woodem mallet and brunos a padded mallet. Are you talking about a different test to me?.

Southpaw Stinger
07-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Tyson was reckoned to hit 4 times harder than the average man

Wasn't Shavers reckoned to punch a few times harder than the average heavyweight boxer?

catskills23
07-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Wasn't Shavers reckoned to punch a few times harder than the average heavyweight boxer?

and did they do a test to prove it . No.

Southpaw Stinger
07-28-2006, 06:19 PM
and did they do a test to prove it . No.

yeah they got 4 heavyweight boxers together and got them to punch a wall. Shavers was the only one to knockdown the wall! At least thats what I heard anyway..

catskills23
07-28-2006, 06:22 PM
yeah they got 4 heavyweight boxers together and got them to punch a wall. Shavers was the only one to knockdown the wall! At least thats what I heard anyway..

Shavers knocked a wall . Are you shavers didnt knock the whole building aswell . Infact i heard shavers got in a fight with superman and he knocked superman all the way back to planet crypton with one punch. :D

Southpaw Stinger
07-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Shavers knocked a wall . Are you shavers didnt knock the whole building aswell . Infact i heard shavers got in a fight with superman and he knocked superman all the way back to planet crypton with one punch.

Damn right!

Seriously though;

Here's a few of the hard hitting guys in action anways.

First there's Foreman on the bag.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jvirljx6ob4&search=george%20foreman

Second we have Tyson on the bag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A42BzG80XWk&search=mike%20tyson

Third we have Shavers vs Norton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YLCZ15U6XE&search=earnie%20shavers

And Marciano KO’s Joe Louis in a mismatch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P__xBqPtDbQ&search=rocky%20marciano

catskills23
08-01-2006, 06:04 PM
here is some stats i found on the net on punching power.

george foreman 1600lb
mike tyson 1450lb
tommy morrison 1400lb
ray mercer,riddick bowe all over 1000lb

Southpaw Stinger
08-01-2006, 06:16 PM
here is some stats i found on the net on punching power.

george foreman 1600lb
mike tyson 1450lb
tommy morrison 1400lb
ray mercer,riddick bowe all over 1000lb

Are those from the tests conducted in the late 80's?

catskills23
08-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Are those from the tests conducted in the late 80's?

i have no idea just some stats some guy posted on the net.

NJFighter91
08-01-2006, 06:49 PM
i have no idea just some stats some guy posted on the net.Exactly. It's probably BS.

Dye
08-01-2006, 08:33 PM
My Mothers friend trained with Tommy Morrison in the late 80's. he said Tommy was the Hardest Puncher he had ever seen he was afraid to spar with him, he also said every time he would hit the bag(dont know weight probably aound 100) it would almost hit the ceiling, like it or not Tommy Morrison probably hit harder than Mike tyson, there are people saying Tommy hit Harder but know people saying Tyson hit harder, there is no better way than what an oppenet says, an Razor Ruddock and Pinklon thomas said Morrison hit harder than tyson

Kid Achilles
08-01-2006, 08:39 PM
I have also heard a few fighters say Mike Weaver hit harder than Tyson.

Dye
08-01-2006, 09:46 PM
there is more proof that Morrison hit harder than tyson than the other way around

slick12
08-02-2006, 05:13 AM
Didn't they do a test or something and it showed that Shavers was the hardest puncher?

Heckler
08-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Who gives a ****.. the obsession with raw punching power is ridiculous. Whats more important is how effectively a fighter harnesses his punching power, whether or not they have the skill and the ability to facilitate this power effectively...and in regard to this the likes of Joe Louis, Jack Dempsey, and Mike Tyson are at the top of the list.

catskills23
08-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Didn't they do a test or something and it showed that Shavers was the hardest puncher?

who else was involved in this test?.

catskills23
08-02-2006, 09:51 PM
vital klischko punch is 1300lb psi

SquareCircle
08-02-2006, 11:18 PM
jab: Sonny Liston, but Holmes's was prettier, faster, and better, imo, but Liston had it topped in power, no doubt.
power hook: George Foreman
lead uppercut: George Foreman
power uppercut: Lennox Lewis (it was better than Tyson's)
lead hook: Tommy Morrison/David Tua tossup
body shots: Gerry Cooney

Southpaw Stinger
08-03-2006, 10:46 AM
jab: Sonny Liston, but Holmes's was prettier, faster, and better, imo, but Liston had it topped in power, no doubt.
power hook: George Foreman
lead uppercut: George Foreman
power uppercut: Lennox Lewis (it was better than Tyson's)
lead hook: Tommy Morrison/David Tua tossup
body shots: Gerry Cooney

Straight: Earnie Shavers.

cheapsheep
08-03-2006, 11:05 AM
No Doubt Mike Tyson Was The Hardest Puncher In Boxing History And Thats Why He A Livin Legend

Southpaw Stinger
08-03-2006, 11:14 AM
No Doubt Mike Tyson Was The Hardest Puncher In Boxing History And Thats Why He A Livin Legend

LOL! Watch more boxing pal.

MickyHatton
08-03-2006, 11:21 AM

I'm hoping your an alt!

catskills23
08-03-2006, 06:50 PM
James tillis said that tyson hit harder than shavers.

SquareCircle
08-03-2006, 07:16 PM
i wonder how much liston and foreman squatted/deadlifted /etc. im sure they did those lifts or some type of leg strength lifts.

Southpaw Stinger
08-03-2006, 09:28 PM
James tillis said that tyson hit harder than shavers.

Larry Holmes said Shavers hit harder than Tyson!

And Shavers was past his prime when he fought Tillis, and Holmes fought a prime Tyson and a slightly past his prime Shavers.

Kid Achilles
08-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Show me where Tillis says Tyson hit harder than Shavers. I'd love to see that.

Dye
08-03-2006, 10:26 PM
i think Shavers is the Hardest Puncher,Tyson is not even in the top 5

Kid Achilles
08-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Tyson is not even in the top ten for punching power in my opnion. He hit hard, but nothing exceptional. The things that were amazing about Tyson were his accuracy, handspeed, and the angles he attacked from.

SABBATH
08-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Ditto. I've never heard Tillis comment about Tyson hitting harder than Shavers. Tillis does have an autobiography called 'Thinkin Big.' I'm sure it would be mentioned in that book

In one interview, here is what Tillis had to say about Tyson:

“I thought he had potential, but with that said, if you boxed him, you could beat him. So many of his opponents stood right in front of him and he will heat you to death when you do that.” Tillis’ observation proved correct when Buster Douglas defeated Tyson by out boxing him and later Holyfield and Lewis would followed up on Douglas strategy and easily beat Tyson. (Tillis was the first fighter to go the distance with Tyson before losing the decision.)

Dye
08-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Tyson is not even in the top ten for punching power in my opnion. He hit hard, but nothing exceptional. The things that were amazing about Tyson were his accuracy, handspeed, and the angles he attacked from.
exactly :D

Southpaw Stinger
08-04-2006, 10:45 AM

Definatly agree.

catskills23
08-04-2006, 11:32 AM
here is some punch psi results

earnie shavers 1600 psi
joe frazier 850 psi
joe louis 950 psi
rocky marciano 1100 psi
michael spinks 700 psi
vitali klitschko 1300 psi
wald klitschko 1200 psi
mike tyson 1200 psi, 1450 psi, 1500 psi ?.
tommy morrison 1400 psi
bob fitzimmons 1050 psi

Southpaw Stinger
08-04-2006, 11:44 AM
earnie shavers 1600 psi
joe frazier 850 psi
joe louis 950 psi
rocky marciano 1100 psi
michael spinks 700 psi
vitali klitschko 1300 psi
wald klitschko 1200 psi
mike tyson 1200 psi, 1450 psi, 1500 psi ?.
tommy morrison 1400 psi
bob fitzimmons 1050 psi

I'd like to see where you got those from, they didn't do those tests on the likes of Bob Fitzimmons. And why is Tysons getting higher every time.

catskills23
08-04-2006, 11:55 AM
I'd like to see where you got those from, they didn't do those tests on the likes of Bob Fitzimmons. And why is Tysons getting higher every time.

they are all legit except tysons . Tyson psi are from unconfirmed sources. So i dont know which is the correct one .

i suspect tyson is around 1400 since willams and francis said he hit harder than vitali klitschko.

hemichromis
08-04-2006, 02:03 PM
they are all legit except tysons . Tyson psi are from unconfirmed sources. So i dont know which is the correct one .

i suspect tyson is around 1400 since willams and francis said he hit harder than vitali klitschko.

where are your sources?

i can punch with 3000psi *******!!!!

j/k

catskills23
08-04-2006, 06:24 PM

If you can get your hands on an old ko magazine back in the eighties . There is an article about tyson being brought the distance for the first time . In this article tillis is quoted as saying "Tyson hit me hard he hit me harder than acorn and acorn could crack". Acorn was shavers nickname.

Kid Achilles
08-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Doesn't mean that Tyson hit harder, just that Mike landed better punches on Tillis than Shavers was able to. It's the same as Calzaghe talking **** about Lacy's punching power because he was never hit flush. Just ask Robin Reid if Lay can punch, and Holmes whether or not Shavers hits harder than Tyson.

Shavers hit harder, a lot harder, than Tyson.

catskills23
08-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Doesn't mean that Tyson hit harder, just that Mike landed better punches on Tillis than Shavers was able to. It's the same as Calzaghe talking **** about Lacy's punching power because he was never hit flush. Just ask Robin Reid if Lay can punch, and Holmes whether or not Shavers hits harder than Tyson.

Shavers hit harder, a lot harder, than Tyson.

well shavers hit tillis hard enough for it to make him think he was in la la land . Why do you take holmes opinion over tillis opinion . Holmes opinion has no more validity than tillis opinion.

Southpaw Stinger
08-05-2006, 06:09 AM
Shavers when he was fighting Tillis was much less mobile than Tyson was when fighting Tillis. Shavers landed the occasional bomb but he was unable to land consistant combinations like Tyson was agianst Tillis.
So maybe Tyson managed to land harder shots than Shavers managed to on Tillis, but that definatly doesn't mean Tyson hit harder.

If Tillis was asked to stand still and take just one clean punch from either Shavers or Tyson, I'm sure he'd rather take it from Tyson as Mikes 1 punch damage isn't in the same league as that of Shavers.

Yaman
08-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Sheeeez. You dont measure punching power like that. Comparing the damage they did to other opponents. Listen here,

Tillis may have caught punches that he didnt see coming by Mike, and the other way around with Shavers.
Tillis may have been scared of Shavers more, thus making him even more hurt.

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Good night *****es :)

hemichromis
08-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Sheeeez. You dont measure punching power like that. Comparing the damage they did to other opponents. Listen here,

Tillis may have caught punches that he didnt see coming by Mike, and the other way around with Shavers.
Tillis may have been scared of Shavers more, thus making him even more hurt.

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Good night *****es :)

so i guess that means we agree to disagree;

tyson fans say he punched hardest

anyone whos seen shavers punch say he hit hardest