View Full Version : Give Tyson a break?

Heckler
03-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Personally i find the Tyson-bashing in the boxing community a little over the top. Yeah hes done a few ****ed up things but surely we should consider the circumstances in which they happened. His upbringing, the loss of cus etc. I know a couple of people that have met him in real life that were impressed with how nice and intelligent the man actually is. Infact ive heard from various accounts that he is a nice man out of the ring.

Your views please lol.

JDizzle79
03-21-2006, 07:54 AM
who cares...he's an idiot and a loser

Verstyle
03-21-2006, 08:47 AM

what a hater. i dont see how u can judge a man u dont know :rolleyes:

Yaman
03-21-2006, 09:48 AM

Coming from the guy who has hundreds of posts on a forum. Me too, but i don't call people loosers on a forum :rolleyes:

Yeah the Tyson hating is a lot, but also the Marciano hating.

fitz1888
03-21-2006, 09:59 AM
The man is a class act as a boxer, most people know that but outside of boxing he is a thug and a rapist. It doesn't matter how you sugar-coat it, there is no excuse for rape. End of story.

Shanus
03-21-2006, 10:28 AM
You know how easy it is for a man to get done for rape?
Seriously, you should re-consider your opinion on his criminal offense.

MexicanWarrior
03-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Tyson is overrated by those who are not familiar with boxing
but highly underrated by those who know boxing.
we dont seem to remember how much fans he brought to the game

Truth
03-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Personally i find the Tyson-bashing in the boxing community a little over the top. Yeah hes done a few ****ed up things but surely we should consider the circumstances in which they happened. His upbringing, the loss of cus etc. I know a couple of people that have met him in real life that were impressed with how nice and intelligent the man actually is. Infact ive heard from various accounts that he is a nice man out of the ring.

Your views please lol.

Leave the guy alone, I agree.

fitz1888
03-21-2006, 11:44 AM
You know how easy it is for a man to get done for rape?
Seriously, you should re-consider your opinion on his criminal offense.

But you have to remember how hard it is to convict a celebrity in the United States so i've got to believe that there is truth in his conviction. Plus he bit a mans ear half off. He's a nutter.

Southpaw Stinger
03-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Tysons had a lot of problems in his life. He has been treated badly and has often felt that he needs to lash out. Sure he has done things wrong, but haven't we all? I think we should give him another chance and let him get on with his life.

Dempsey 1919
03-21-2006, 01:48 PM
well, anyone can make mistakes, so i agree, tyson is misunderstood.

Southpaw Stinger
03-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Like your new sig butterfly.

Dempsey 1919
03-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Like your new sig butterfly.

thanks, alot. :)

Yogi
03-21-2006, 02:01 PM
I've never liked Tyson and still don't to this day...But he seems to have gradually matured a little over the years, so there might be a time in the future when I have a more neutral opinion of him as a human being.

P.S. Dougie Jones was ROBBED!!!

Yogi
03-21-2006, 02:03 PM

Just kidding, Butterfly. :)

Dempsey 1919
03-21-2006, 02:08 PM
I've never liked Tyson and still don't to this day...But he seems to have gradually matured a little over the years, so there might be a time in the future when I have a more neutral opinion of him as a human being.

yes, tyson seems to be acting more mature nowadays.

P.S. clay won 7-2-1!!! :D

jason100x
03-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Tyson seems to be trying to get his act together. I, for one, hope he succeeds.

Yogi
03-21-2006, 02:11 PM
P.S. clay won 7-2-1!!! :D

Nah, it was 6-3-1 for Ali! :p

Dempsey 1919
03-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Nah, it was 6-3-1 for Ali! :p

well, that's how i scored it(7-2-1), cause clay was constantly hitting jones, even though jones was throwing the harder blows.

Yaman
03-21-2006, 02:37 PM
I think that even the biggest Tyson hater should admit he's a good guy now. He respects everybody nowadays. I think his problem was boxing. He was angry everytime he lost, but these days, i think he's in peace now without people like managers, Don King or money hungry wives around him. Its all good.

eazy_mas
03-21-2006, 02:48 PM
I seen Tyson was interviewed on this show " Beyond Glory"

I really didnt like. He is a good boxer but bad personalitiy.

He himself hate himself and has a mentalitly of destruction and killing people.

When you dont have friend and dont have no one to trust it kinda hard. He tried to rape a 12 year old who she is a familys of his ex-trainer and he was so high that he forgot to tell his sister that his mother died. What more could I say about him?

His own family hated him, people hated him, boxers hated him, media hated him and he hate himself.

He does not have respect for himself. and that pretty bad.

stevo22
03-21-2006, 02:54 PM
give the guy a break hes done his time.

Easy-E
03-21-2006, 03:26 PM
The man is a class act as a boxer, most people know that but outside of boxing he is a thug and a rapist. It doesn't matter how you sugar-coat it, there is no excuse for rape. End of story.

he is NOT a class act boxer. he was an amazing talent, and thats all i will say

Verstyle
03-21-2006, 10:54 PM

When you dont have friend and dont have no one to trust it kinda hard. He tried to rape a 12 year old who she is a familys of his ex-trainer and he was so high that he forgot to tell his sister that his mother died. What more could I say about him?

His own family hated him, people hated him, boxers hated him, media hated him and he hate himself.

can i get some facts to cover this

Da Iceman
03-21-2006, 11:21 PM
on his sportscentury,if im remembering this right, teddy atlas said he raped his daughter and teddy put a gun to his head, thats why teddy stopped being his trainer.

sleazyfellow
03-21-2006, 11:24 PM

tyson had lots of freinds, who took off on him, the ex-trainer story is teddy atlas, whose told that story over n over (its even on sportscentury:mike tyson on espn classic) lol and about the media hating him i dont think they did at the begining obviously as he was portrayed as student of boxing, he had about everything then it just went sour on him, his whole career b4 the 90s and the prison time he was #1

Verstyle
03-21-2006, 11:40 PM
on his sportscentury,if im remembering this right, teddy atlas said he raped his daughter and teddy put a gun to his head, thats why teddy stopped being his trainer.

i wonder who the rumor starters r and i finally found1.he didnt say he raped her! he said .he made some obsine passes

Yaman
03-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Yeah thats right. Teddy''Mike Tyson ****ed my little sister'' Atlas told that story a billion times. It was funny first, then it became annoying.

Da Iceman
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
i wonder who the rumor starters r and i finally found1.he didnt say he raped her! he said .he made some obsine passes
thats not how i remember it but whatever.

MickyHatton
03-22-2006, 09:57 AM

Your views please lol.

Many people come from tarnished backgrounds(including myself)but have not behaved in the manner that Tyson did.
He was a great fighter no doubt and for me one of the best Heavys ever but....

Few boxers transcend the sport and become famous outside of the ring, Tyson did that, in the early days it was becuase of his style and the age he won his titles.

The later years are well documented, he will be remembered by the history books for mostly the wrong reasons, that is sad but it is deserved.
The rape may have been fabricated but it may not have been, his actions leading up to that incident were poor, his actions after Prison were unbelievable and inexcusable.

He earned great sums of money and adjulation and led a privilaged life in later years, HE blew his money, HE assualted people for road rage, HE bit Holyfield, bit Lewis and tried to break Botha's arm, the only one to blame is HIM, not society (there are millions in worse postions) not the death of his sister or Cus (we all lose loved ones)

Mike Tyson had oppurtunities most dont get, Cus took him in and offered him a fresh start, he earned millions, people loved him all over the World, he met and married Dr Monica Turner, who bore him two children and gave him a chance to lead a good life but....

I admire the fighter but I dislike the man!