View Full Version : Fernando Vargas making a comeback!!??!!

holyone
01-21-2005, 05:58 PM
I dont know bout everyone else but I think this guy just like making noise around cities he goes to ...I mean he can box and he does have a fan base ,,but is just selling image and doing enough in the ring to hang in...dont know ..just saying....anyone even like that guy....if u do ur probably just a poser like him...laterz haterz

mr. bojangles
01-22-2005, 01:30 AM
> Fernando Vargas making a comeback!!??!!

To have his revenge against Tito and Oscar? Same results, I'd say. Let him fight Mayorga or Quartey, that'd be interesting to watch. Perhaps a rematch with Winky.

Floydmayweather
01-22-2005, 02:38 AM
I think we are going to see the same Vargas only a little bigger and stronger, and smarter. I think he could have beat Tito or Oscar if he would box a little more and not brawl but he i think he has only learned from those loses. Best of luck to him.

{BrownBomber}
01-22-2005, 02:47 AM
I think we are going to see the same Vargas only a little bigger and stronger, and smarter. I think he could have beat Tito or Oscar if he would box a little more and not brawl but he i think he has only learned from those loses. Best of luck to him.
Good post. I think people will still watch his fights.Dont think he will beat the top fighters again.

adeelr
01-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Vargas got exposed by Tito and DelaHoya, he is all talk and he is also fat. I havent seen him dominate against a real fighter. The way DelaHoya took him apart was beautiful, and how Tito handled him was perfection. Vargas is an easy fighter to figure out. He will also lose against Mayorga, hopkins for sure, shane Mosley..no wait he might be able to beat that bum, but he cant fight winky wright..

MlLkMan
01-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Yea, i saw the video from HBO, he was hella fat, but i wanna see him fight mayorga.

{BrownBomber}
01-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Vargas got exposed by Tito and DelaHoya, he is all talk and he is also fat. I havent seen him dominate against a real fighter. The way DelaHoya took him apart was beautiful, and how Tito handled him was perfection. Vargas is an easy fighter to figure out. He will also lose against Mayorga, hopkins for sure, shane Mosley..no wait he might be able to beat that bum, but he cant fight winky wright..
no way he losses to shane or mayorga.he is to big for those two.

aztec13
01-23-2005, 11:47 AM

DLH BEAT HIM PRETTY GOOD, BUT TITO NOW YOU COULD QUESTION THAT FIGHT YEAH HE KO'D VARGAS BUT COME ON IF SOMEONE KEPT HITTING YOU IN THE BALLS YOU WOULD START FEELING IT AFTER 12 ROUNDS SO IF FOULING IS PERFECTION THAN I GUESS YOUR RIGHT. MAYORGA AND MOSLEY WOULD BE GOOD FIGHTS FOR VARGAS.

Floydmayweather
01-23-2005, 05:10 PM
He was not exposed by Tito he could have won that fight had he boxed Tito in late rounds by he didnt. He will make a strong comeback i have a good feeling about that.

SonnyJ
01-24-2005, 12:43 AM
who was named as his opponent for his comeback?

marvelous_TG
01-24-2005, 03:03 PM
I think that if he comes back i think he has to come at 154 because at middleweight i don't think his chin will hold up. plus hopkins would make him look silly, trinidad would kill him.
At 154 he has to fight wright, he already beat him in a close fight, and wright doesn't hit hard enough to bother vargas. i think vargas can beat vargas if he comes back strong, but he an never beat ODLH, trinidad and hopkins.

Jose Rizal
01-25-2005, 09:30 PM

I think Vargas put up a better fight against Tito than Mayorga did. He was able to KD Tito too so he definitely has power. It's just that his skills fall short of elite standards. Mayorga is another brawler lacking in technique like Vargas so it would be interesting to see these two slug it out to see who comes out on top. My money's on Vargas on that one. Regarding Mosely though, I think Shane is too fast for him even though I'd like to see that guy kiss the canvas.

SonnyJ
01-26-2005, 05:48 AM
Vargas should come back big. He's not a champion fighter, but he presents a good challange for any champ.

Tha Greatest
01-26-2005, 04:20 PM
tito and vargas was a long ass time ago

i think vargas can make a good comeback
i think he could maybe even come stronger then b4, u never know it happens sometgimes

trinidadpr87
01-26-2005, 09:50 PM
who was named as his opponent for his comeback?
I heard he's going to be fighting Eric Regan the guy that just beat yori boy campas.

Powerpunch4u
01-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Do you guys know how young Vargasis? I know he is way younger than Tito and Oscar. Vargas should be given more credit because he Kd Tito, who survived only because of low blows. If you watch that fight again you will see that Tito switched into survival mode and gave Vargas some low blows to keep from being finished off. I could see Vargas finishing Trinidad if it weren't for those low blows. Another thing to think about is Tito's power. Those low blows weren't ordinary jabs, they were powerful punches with knockout power aimed straight at his balls. Totally intentional. That being said, Oscar had the hardest time against Vargas until that 9th round when he got a nice left hook right on the button. Up until that 9th rnd Vargas was manhandling and outboxing Oscar. Vargas was a Golden gloves champion and an Olympic bronze medalist. Some of you should think twice before adding your two cents about skills and power.

Powerpunch4u
01-27-2005, 01:42 AM
How can SonnyJ say he is not a Champion fighter if he was woeld champion at 21 yrs old and Olympic medalist. You need to think before you post Sonny.

SonnyJ
02-01-2005, 09:51 AM
How can SonnyJ say he is not a Champion fighter if he was woeld champion at 21 yrs old and Olympic medalist. You need to think before you post Sonny.
mate, the true champion is the best in the world. all the respect in the world to vargas, he just cannot handle a true proven champion like tito.

nezahualcoyotl
02-01-2005, 10:03 AM
mate, the true champion is the best in the world. all the respect in the world to vargas, he just cannot handle a true proven champion like tito.

I dont think Tito can box as well as Oscar, but he's on par with Vargas. Didn't Tito almost get knocked out in the fight against Vargas? I think recall several knockdowns from each fighter in that fight. Vargas should take on the winner of Tito-Winky. I think this time he will be a lot smarter. The guy is only 26. He has taken a long lay off, but only to his advantage. Kostya took off 2 years! And everyone thought he was done, but then he goes on to kill that one guy. Vargas can do the same if he gets in a couple mediocore fights. The fight against Regan should be good because he's real tall and lengthy. See how well Vargas can adjust to a fighter similar in build to Winky. I'm predicting knockout. Vargas still has pop in his punches being only 26.

SonnyJ
02-01-2005, 10:04 AM
now kostya complied an amateur record of 259 wins 11 losses. won the world championships in sydney (1991) and came 3rd in Moscow. he also won in 1990 at the goodwill games in seatle, at the european championships in athens (1989) and Gothenburg (1991). He won the soviet championships in 1989, 1990 and 1991, and came second in 1988...and the list goes on

that's only his amateur record. he still currently holds a title, having boxed since the age of 9. He trains harder than most (probably all pro fighters) and has an incredible boxing brain. What does vargas do now? take roids and pose with rappers. sorry, to mock your man, but i needed to do that to compare our standards on champions.

SonnyJ
02-01-2005, 10:12 AM
I dont think Tito can box as well as Oscar, but he's on par with Vargas. Didn't Tito almost get knocked out in the fight against Vargas? I think recall several knockdowns from each fighter in that fight. Vargas should take on the winner of Tito-Winky. I think this time he will be a lot smarter. The guy is only 26. He has taken a long lay off, but only to his advantage. Kostya took off 2 years! And everyone thought he was done, but then he goes on to kill that one guy. Vargas can do the same if he gets in a couple mediocore fights. The fight against Regan should be good because he's real tall and lengthy. See how well Vargas can adjust to a fighter similar in build to Winky. I'm predicting knockout. Vargas still has pop in his punches being only 26.
yeah, trinidad went down once and vargas went down 5 times. I like watching that fight because i like the way vargas bobs and weaves to trinidads hooks. but in the end i like trinidad's power much more. I'd back tito over DLH anyday. but i said that before and i felt quite humiliated afterwards. TITO KO DLH rd 7

tito4life216
02-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Do you guys know how young Vargasis? I know he is way younger than Tito and Oscar. Vargas should be given more credit because he Kd Tito, who survived only because of low blows. If you watch that fight again you will see that Tito switched into survival mode and gave Vargas some low blows to keep from being finished off. I could see Vargas finishing Trinidad if it weren't for those low blows. Another thing to think about is Tito's power. Those low blows weren't ordinary jabs, they were powerful punches with knockout power aimed straight at his balls. Totally intentional. That being said, Oscar had the hardest time against Vargas until that 9th round when he got a nice left hook right on the button. Up until that 9th rnd Vargas was manhandling and outboxing Oscar. Vargas was a Golden gloves champion and an Olympic bronze medalist. Some of you should think twice before adding your two cents about skills and power.
The only way Tito beat Vargas was by low blows???? Get the hell out of here!!!! Have you seen the fight??? I mean REALLY seen the fight??? Vargas Gave Tito Hella Low blows Too but they didn't even call them!!! Watch the fight again!!!! Another thing...you said that Tito's low blows were all power shots...you KNOW NOTHING!!! Do you even know what a power shot is??? They weren't intentional power shots, my advice to you is to go to the library and check out a book about boxing then you can start posting your comments when your knowledgeable about the sport, or I can just lend you the fight that way you can see it again!

The Phantom Menace
02-04-2005, 12:58 AM
A comeback would be very interesting. He must stay at his natural weight and not try to go to middleweight.

Kimmy
02-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Raymond Joval is Vargas` opponent for his comback!

BBFM
02-07-2005, 12:33 AM
Wow! Coming from a Tito fan, Hahaha Tito was messed up.

Tito's a *****!

Im happy to hear vargas is coming back that fools a beast win or lose hes young has has time still it's not over for him.

you never know

xrhythmxnxbluesx
02-07-2005, 02:02 AM
iono think vargas... will beat the elite fighters in his division...