View Full Version : p4p the greates games console ever?

Oasis_Lad
02-07-2006, 06:08 AM
which was the best machine ever?

LS-Injection
02-07-2006, 09:59 AM
I voted PS2, only because i still have mine :D

Undefeated
02-07-2006, 10:09 AM
PS2 is the ****.. but Sega genesis was also the best.. i was born and raised with Sonic... **** mario!!! lol

boxstarr
02-07-2006, 03:32 PM
either megadrive or dreamcast for me

i voted megadrive for nostalgic value as i grew up with sonic as childhood hero

Oasis_Lad
02-07-2006, 03:33 PM
either megadrive or dreamcast for me

i voted megadrive for nostalgic value as i grew up with sonic as childhood hero

yeah the mega drive was a hell of a machine i use to play streets of rage and golden axe all the time

GunStar
02-07-2006, 05:36 PM
SUPER FAMICOM - SNES
NEO-GEO
NES
GENESIS - MEGA DRIVE
PS2

The Japanese SNES version which was called the Super Famicom is the greatest system of all time. Just too many great games for this system.

NEO-GEO AES system is my second favorite system with many great shooters. Metal Slug series, Shook Troopers 1 & 2 + many more.

Oasis_Lad
02-07-2006, 05:37 PM
SUPER FAMICOM - SNES
NEO-GEO
NES
GENESIS - MEGA DRIVE
PS2

The Japanese SNES version which was called the Super Famicom is the greatest system of all time. Just too many great games of all time.

NEO-GEO AES system is my second favorite system with many great shooters. Meat Slug series, Shook Troopers 1 & 2 + many more.

i voted snes too i looked at it as which one has the most quality games for its period and the snes is the clear winner

GunStar
02-07-2006, 07:20 PM
i voted snes too i looked at it as which one has the most quality games for its period and the snes is the clear winnerYea man, those were the good old days for gaming. I really have a problem with current 3D games. I like my games to be simple in game play & short. I prefer short games.

oldgringo
02-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Hmmm, either the ps1 or the NES. Mainly I say that because my favorite games ever mostly came from those systems. SNES would come third. I'm disqualifying PS2 because you could just say, "well, you can play ps1 games on ps2" but that would just make ps2 by far and away the best.

Anyway: FFVII, Metal Gear Solid, FFVIII, FFIV, FFT, Excite Bike, Mario 3, RBI Baseball, Contra, Double Dragon II, Battletoads, Jet Moto, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, etc...all for those two systems.

My Neo-Geo arcade system was ****ing sweet too. 1200 bucks for Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown, Bust a Move, and Fatal Fury.

That's right...I had one of these for 6 years or so...

http://www.cuug.ab.ca/~lapierrs/personal/collections/games/game_neo_geo.jpg

???
02-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Voted for SNES. Can anyone remember playing Super Mario Bros. 3?

BadMagick
02-08-2006, 06:10 PM
i voted snes too i looked at it as which one has the most quality games for its period and the snes is the clear winner

That's exactly what I look at, too. SNES wins any competition for best console ever, hands down. It's a shame that's the last good console Nintendo put out. They should follow Sega.

Oasis_Lad
02-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Voted for SNES. Can anyone remember playing Super Mario Bros. 3?

sure can i loved the racoon powerup

TKOin1st
02-08-2006, 08:11 PM
I had to vote Atari. I guess I'm showing my age a little here. After that I did get a nintendo, super nintendo, and right now I have a gc and ps2 hooked up. I play ps2 games sometimes, but it rarely keeps my attention for long periods of time like super mario brothers did with the nes, or many atari games did.

Jarlaxle
02-11-2006, 09:56 PM
NES was the best console. The Com64 was the best PC era. Best RPGs ever were on the Com 64 and the Saturn.

xzworks
02-11-2006, 10:02 PM
what weight divison is snes?? LOL!! P4P game console!!!! LOL!!

Verstyle
02-12-2006, 03:27 AM
nintendo is the first mega system that pretty much started it all.

sleazyfellow
02-14-2006, 01:47 PM
nes may of started but snes expanded it...snes ftw

Chups
02-14-2006, 03:45 PM
PS1....it has the greatest game on it ............ FF7

Oasis_Lad
02-14-2006, 03:46 PM
PS1....it has the greatest game on it ............ FF7

but one game does'nt make a console
or it certainly should'nt

Undefeated
02-14-2006, 03:54 PM
PSOne had the best games..... when it was out and Final Fantasy 7 was the best... I mean the whole series was....

When PSX was out it killed N64
When PS2 was out it killed Gamecube
When PS3 comes out it's gonna kill Revolution

(3-0 Sony wins by TKO)

Come on now Nintendo ain't got **** on SONY!!!

Nintendo = Garbabe
Sony = Nintendo killer/King of all Consoles

I played SNES i like SEGA Genesis better..... Sonic would kill mario WAHOOO gay ass

Oasis_Lad
02-14-2006, 03:55 PM
PSOne had the best games..... when it was out and Final Fantasy 7 was the best... I mean the whole series was....

When PSX was out it killed N64
When PS2 was out it killed Gamecube
When PS3 comes out it's gonna kill Revolution

(3-0 Sony wins by TKO)

Come on now Nintendo ain't got **** on SONY!!!

Nintendo = Garbabe
Sony = Nintendo killer/King of all Consoles

I played SNES i like SEGA Genesis better..... Sonic would kill mario WAHOOO gay ass

mario 64 ocarina of time and goldeneye were better than anything on psx the only thing to rival them were final fantasy and metal gear solid

oldgringo
02-14-2006, 03:58 PM
mario 64 ocarina of time and goldeneye were better than anything on psx the only thing to rival them were final fantasy and metal gear solid

FFVII & Metal Gear Solid KO1 Ocarina & Goldeneye

FFVII was one of the most revolutionary games ever. The game was way ahead of its time.

Oasis_Lad
02-14-2006, 04:00 PM

FFVII was one of the most revolutionary games ever. The game was way ahead of its time.

and goldeneye was'nt which to this day is still regarded
as the holy grail of fps's
and ocarina of time is in the top 5 in nearly every top 100 list
although i see where your coming from metal gear is one of my favourite games of all time

Mech.
02-14-2006, 04:09 PM

Definetly but i cant believe you suckas didnt talk about Tekken3...Tekken 3,gran turismo,symphony of the night,Resident Evil 2,Syphon filter2,tenchu2...goddamn that was a good system.

PSX fo life.

Undefeated
02-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Castlevania ****TED ON ALL N64 GAMES!!! I completely forgot about it...

Oh yea mech. If you plan on gettin grandia 3 i suggest you don't... Just rent it... I heard its 25-30 hours with nothing else to do afterwards....

Sttuddahboy619
02-14-2006, 04:41 PM

Oh yea mech. If you plan on gettin grandia 3 i suggest you don't... Just rent it... I heard its 25-30 hours with nothing else to do afterwards....
Yup, Castlevania SOTN was the shizzle. No comparison to other console games.That's why I voted the PS1.

Mech.
02-14-2006, 05:29 PM

Yeah I'll get it.You can too,five finger discount.

Jarlaxle
02-14-2006, 06:23 PM

FFVII is such a *****s RPG. The Com 64 had 20 RPG that were better then that girly played out garbage. Castlevania was better on the NES then the PS 1.

Burzum_666
02-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Super NES my personal favorite. Super Punch Out, Super Mario World ( the best of the Mario games), Riddick Bowe Boxing ( I love that game, lots of people aren't familiar with it). Mortal Kombat 1 and 2. Legend of Zelda, the list goes on and on.

BadMagick
02-14-2006, 09:04 PM
and goldeneye was'nt which to this day is still regarded
as the holy grail of fps's
and ocarina of time is in the top 5 in nearly every top 100 list
although i see where your coming from metal gear is one of my favourite games of all time

Console FPS, maybe, FPS in general? Not a chance. It was innovative for it's time, but compartively to today's games, it's ****. Halo, and Halo 2 are far, far, far better games than Goldeneye could ever have dreamed to be. Goldeneye had a big time fun factor, but it lacked a lot, and that was all completed with games that followed it.

It's basically the second coming of DOOM, which, by the way, should be considered the Holy Grail considering it (and Wolfenstein 3D) made the real push for marketable violence in video games. Nothing can touch DOOM in so much as what it did for not only the genre, but video games in general. But I digress. Goldeneye was extremely innovative, and it will always be looked upon as a predecessor, and something that started something else, but it just isn't as good as what's out there now. Like the Atari and pong, which will always be the game and system that started the video game craze, but it's out of date. Why play pong when you can play games that are so much more advanced?

As far as your Orcania argument, so is FFVII, and MGS was one of the best action/adventure games ever created, also a very innovative game for it's genre.

Verstyle
02-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Console FPS, maybe, FPS in general? Not a chance. It was innovative for it's time, but compartively to today's games, it's ****. Halo, and Halo 2 are far, far, far better games than Goldeneye could ever have dreamed to be. Goldeneye had a big time fun factor, but it lacked a lot, and that was all completed with games that followed it.

It's basically the second coming of DOOM, which, by the way, should be considered the Holy Grail considering it (and Wolfenstein 3D) made the real push for marketable violence in video games. Nothing can touch DOOM in so much as what it did for not only the genre, but video games in general. But I digress. Goldeneye was extremely innovative, and it will always be looked upon as a predecessor, and something that started something else, but it just isn't as good as what's out there now. Like the Atari and pong, which will always be the game and system that started the video game craze, but it's out of date. Why play pong when you can play games that are so much more advanced?

As far as your Orcania argument, so is FFVII, and MGS was one of the best action/adventure games ever created, also a very innovative game for it's genre.

true true and more true
:D

BadMagick
02-14-2006, 09:51 PM
true true and more true
:D

I tried to add the account name that you sent me, but it wouldn't add for some reason.

Verstyle
02-14-2006, 10:02 PM
I tried to add the account name that you sent me, but it wouldn't add for some reason.

lshadow didnt work huh. im gettin another account in like a week i will tell u what it is when i get it

oldgringo
02-14-2006, 10:31 PM
I don't give a **** what anyone says.

I was like 12 when FFVII dropped (I was in my prime in other words) and that **** was the most engulfing game I've ever played.

-Graphically better than anything in its time
-Simple but fun battle system...nothing convoluded
-Great story with great characters
-GREATEST video game villain ever (this ones aint up for debate *****es)
-Great replay value with a lot of sidequests/games

I beat Metal Gear Solid in a night...maybe blinked but twice while I was playing it. Snake is one of the coolest fuggin characters on any system. That game is the epitome of a great action-adventure/strategy game. The Metal Gear Rex battle was ****ing sweet.

BadMagick
02-16-2006, 04:58 AM
I don't give a **** what anyone says.

I was like 12 when FFVII dropped (I was in my prime in other words) and that **** was the most engulfing game I've ever played.

-Graphically better than anything in its time
-Simple but fun battle system...nothing convoluded
-Great story with great characters
-GREATEST video game villain ever (this ones aint up for debate *****es)
-Great replay value with a lot of sidequests/games

I beat Metal Gear Solid in a night...maybe blinked but twice while I was playing it. Snake is one of the coolest fuggin characters on any system. That game is the epitome of a great action-adventure/strategy game. The Metal Gear Rex battle was ****ing sweet.

God damn, you must have been up a long time to beat MGS in one night, man. That game takes a while to beat, no matter how you do it. Took me about 6 hours or so the second time through. That game was the ****.

EXIGE
02-16-2006, 06:20 AM
Im really sorry to spoil the party, but Goldeneye KO1 Halo, P4P.

The best system? Sinclair, all the way home baby. :D

RwK
02-16-2006, 09:10 AM
The original Playstation hands down.

I really don't think there is any comparison. Maybe some of you had a favorite game on a different console....but so many titles were made the the original psx it would be hard to pick otherwise.

It revolutionized the gaming world.

Oasis_Lad
02-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Im really sorry to spoil the party, but Goldeneye KO1 Halo, P4P.

The best system? Sinclair, all the way home baby. :D

all hail exig

your right there goldeneye beats halo hands down

Undefeated
02-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Golden eye was good but perfect dark blew that **** away.

Oasis_Lad
02-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Golden eye was good but perfect dark blew that **** away.

your joking right
perfect dark was a mere imitation of goldeneye
although a great game its no goldeneye

Undefeated
02-16-2006, 08:19 PM
your joking right
perfect dark was a mere imitation of goldeneye
although a great game its no goldeneye

Goldeneye was good.. But when Perfect Dark came out i feel in love with it. The laptop gun... Come on.. that game is awesome.. you gotta play Perfect Dark Zero...

Oasis_Lad
02-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Goldeneye was good.. But when Perfect Dark came out i feel in love with it. The laptop gun... Come on.. that game is awesome.. you gotta play Perfect Dark Zero...

goldeneye to me will never be beat by any fps
it has everything
level design
gameplay
atmosphere
music
replay value
multiplayer

i have heard alot of bad things about perfect dark zero though
is it any good

BadMagick
02-17-2006, 01:17 AM
goldeneye to me will never be beat by any fps
it has everything
level design
gameplay
atmosphere
music
replay value
multiplayer

i have heard alot of bad things about perfect dark zero though
is it any good

It's okay, but not really that good. I'd take most games over it.

Also, the only reason anyone would like Goldeneye over Halo or Halo 2 is because they suck and their simple minds can't handle the complexities of the game. Halo 2 is more balanced, and it plays more like a true FPS when you actually play it as opposed to Goldeneye. They also added the magic of jumping, which Goldeneye lacked, and is a big part of ANY FPS.

Mech.
02-17-2006, 01:46 AM
It's okay, but not really that good. I'd take most games over it.

Also, the only reason anyone would like Goldeneye over Halo or Halo 2 is because they suck and their simple minds can't handle the complexities of the game. Halo 2 is more balanced, and it plays more like a true FPS when you actually play it as opposed to Goldeneye. They also added the magic of jumping, which Goldeneye lacked, and is a big part of ANY FPS.

Very true.since halo I cant really enjoy any FPS that dosent have it.

BadMagick
02-17-2006, 04:22 AM
Very true.since halo I cant really enjoy any FPS that dosent have it.

It's really dumb to not have it. The ability to jump adds a whole new dimension to the game.

Halo, Halo 2, Perfect Dark Zero, etc, all **** on Goldeneye. Goldeneye was great for it's time, but it just can't be compared.

The best comparison I can think of for Goldeneye is football. The old players were great, no doubt, but they could never compete with today's players, simply because they're so much more athletic, and they're twice the size of the old players.

TheHoff'sGhost
11-11-2006, 08:52 AM
snes easily. the 64 will always have a special place in my heart though, mario 64 was a thing of beauty and set the benchmark for generations to come

platinummatt!
11-11-2006, 10:56 AM
n64>ps1 ps1 has more games, n64 better quality games

Oasis_Lad
11-11-2006, 11:05 AM
n64>ps1 ps1 has more games, n64 better quality games

goldeneye baby p4p baby!

ben41193
11-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Id have to say i would either be the psx2 or the 64. The 64 was realy the first to step up the graphics and worry about quality and realistc looks. But id give it to the ps2 also beause it was the first consule to realy perfect the realistic graphcs and was also the first of the advanced consules.

The Noose
11-11-2006, 01:57 PM
SNES was great with great games. But the PS2 has everything and more.

Mario is for MEN.
Sonic is a cute blue ****ing hedgehog for little girls.
GoldenEye was great. I played the level on the boat over and over again, with all the cheats on. I was basically the Terminator in a tuxedo.

But the PS2....BLACK, VICE CITY, SAN ANDREAS, FIGHT NIGHT, PRO EVO.
Thats all u need in life.

platinummatt!
11-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Ps2 was good but Xbox kicked ass with the graphics and gameplay. DOA3 now that was a good game

Verstyle
11-13-2006, 01:00 PM
where the hell is xbox? first console with a harddrive

Cutthroat
11-13-2006, 01:20 PM
SNES! I like playing super mario bros. on it, freaken fun!