View Full Version : countering a right

hardhitter
01-19-2005, 01:27 PM
if someone throws a stright right how would you counter that? with a jab? straight right ? asking this because most people are right handed and if you are in a street fight most people throw a straight right leaving themselves open so how would that be countered or what else could you do ?

jack_the_rippuh
01-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Sidestep.. I think most people throw a short right hook first or a wide one..

jabsRstiff
01-19-2005, 01:54 PM
There's something that James Toney & Evander Holyfield do very well....

When a guy throws his right....they have their left shoulder up, chin tucked.....& they roll their upper body to their right.
All that's there to be hit is the top of their head, & the roll takes the steam off of the punch.
They immediately, & with little effort, shoot a quick right hand.
No need to put much on the shot because the guy's own momentum increases the impact....& if you have a left hand behind it, the dude is a dead man.

Mr. Ryan
01-19-2005, 03:09 PM
I like to slip straight rights by dipping to my left, and countering with a hard left hook to either the head or body, or both. If they leave the right hand out there too long, sometimes I'll just come with a left uppercut.

patto1984
01-19-2005, 09:46 PM
dip a little to ur left let their right hand pass ur right ear and throw ur own right hand straight down the middle follow up with a left hook.make em miss make em pay!

Floydmayweather
01-20-2005, 01:18 AM
Shoulder roll to the right while steping back throw the right hook.

Fistecles
01-20-2005, 08:01 AM
You can slide the strait, once you're positioned your oponents body is exposed. Or you can simply duck and give a strait of your own to the body.

.::|ULTIMATE|::.
01-20-2005, 08:46 AM
duck to the right and left hook to the head. When timed just right your fist will connect mid point of his right hand returning.

jabsRstiff
01-20-2005, 08:49 AM
duck to the right and left hook to the head. When timed just right your fist will connect mid point of his right hand returning.

That isn't a good idea.
If you duck to your right first....you will take all of the steam off of the hook.

You should either slip under the right, going to your left, & THEN come back with the hook....OR.....bring the hook with you as you go the right - you'd better beat the dude to the punch, howevere.