View Full Version : PS3 vs 360 who wins!

LS-Injection
02-05-2006, 12:38 PM
WHo do you think is betterÖ?

Microsoft ( Xbox 360 )
Sony ( PS3 )

You decide! :D

Oasis_Lad
02-05-2006, 12:40 PM
im getting neither but if i was getting one it would be a ps3 my cousin already has one he got about 10 all stolen and sold them all

EXIGE
02-05-2006, 02:12 PM
im getting neither but if i was getting one it would be a ps3 my cousin already has one he got about 10 all stolen and sold them all
Only in Scotland.... :rolleyes:

ps3. :D

Oasis_Lad
02-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Only in Scotland.... :rolleyes:

ps3. :D

damn right! :D

???
02-07-2006, 01:59 AM
PS3. They only released the X-Box 360 to rival the PS3 and get some sales. The X-Box 360 has full of glitches from what I heard.:D

theironone
02-07-2006, 04:36 AM
ive never played on a ps3, ive got a 360 and ould say they are the business, i really rate it, but then i thought the ps2 was the weakest out of the xbox, cube etc althought they all have there good and bad points, if the ps3 rocks when its available ill proib buy that but depends on the price

Oasis_Lad
02-07-2006, 07:06 AM
ive always been nintendo and nothing will change that
the snes and the 64 where the two best consoles ever although they have
had a hard time with the cube im still sticking by them
so the revolution for me

Undefeated
02-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Revolution is going to suck ass just like the gamecube....but dont get me wrong.. gamecube had some nice games.. like resident evil 4.....UNTILL it came out for PS2... now gamecube is useless. IMO

I voted PS3,X box 360 is garbage.. just like x box... im a Sony fan for one reason.. they make the best action adventure games and RPG's

Oasis_Lad
02-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Revolution is going to suck ass just like the gamecube....but dont get me wrong.. gamecube had some nice games.. like resident evil 4.....UNTILL it came out for PS2... now gamecube is useless. IMO

I voted PS3,X box 360 is garbage.. just like x box... im a Sony fan for one reason.. they make the best action adventure games and RPG's

actually resident evil 4 is far superior on gamecube
better graphics faster loading time smoother framerate
and what about metroid prime there is nothing on ps2 that beats this game

JMCbulls
02-07-2006, 04:43 PM
ps3 by brutal ko

LostGuy
02-08-2006, 04:36 AM
actually resident evil 4 is far superior on gamecube
better graphics faster loading time smoother framerate
and what about metroid prime there is nothing on ps2 that beats this game

far superior i dont think so. yes faster loading times but the graphics are about equal. definitely good enough. ps2 version has the ada missions so ha lol. you know the next res evil will be better on the ps3 than the revolution big time if rev even gets it which it probably will.

ps3 cause xbox360 isnt that great. you got to go with the one thats going to double as blue ray player. much better value than the 360 even if it costs $600 which i predict 400-500 cause sony wants to sell the ps3 very well and get the new blue ray disc players to beat hddvd.

xbox360 may be the last game console bill gates tries to put out. im picking a flop like the saturn and dreamcast but it wont be a total flop like those were. itll still have support and great games but i do think itll finish third behind revolution and ps3.

Oasis_Lad
02-08-2006, 06:08 AM
far superior i dont think so. yes faster loading times but the graphics are about equal. definitely good enough. ps2 version has the ada missions so ha lol. you know the next res evil will be better on the ps3 than the revolution big time if rev even gets it which it probably will.

ps3 cause xbox360 isnt that great. you got to go with the one thats going to double as blue ray player. much better value than the 360 even if it costs $600 which i predict 400-500 cause sony wants to sell the ps3 very well and get the new blue ray disc players to beat hddvd.

xbox360 may be the last game console bill gates tries to put out. im picking a flop like the saturn and dreamcast but it wont be a total flop like those were. itll still have support and great games but i do think itll finish third behind revolution and ps3.

the graphics aint equal i have played both and u can clearly see
the diffrence in resolution
and loading times are twice as fast on gamecube
i nearly fell asleep waiting for the next section to load on ps2

the giant one
02-08-2006, 06:40 AM
im going to wait to actually be able to play the PS3 before i decide. Xbox360 is awesome though

Mech.
02-08-2006, 07:04 AM

Thats a bit of stretch,I have all 3 consoles,so I had the gamecube version when it came out and ps2 version.My little brother likes those games far more than i do,I think he's played all of them even the Outbreak file games.I know he preferred the ps2 version of the game.

The GC should have had better graphics tho,because it was designed from the ground up for the gamecube,The fact that it held up so well as a port to a diffrent system is a big plus.

One thing I'll always rate the Ps2 higher than the Gamecube on...the freaking controller.I cant stand the GC controller.I think the ps2 dual shock made gameplay a little smoother.

Mech.
02-08-2006, 07:07 AM
im going to wait to actually be able to play the PS3 before i decide. Xbox360 is awesome though

have you played it(you have one?) Do the graphics really hold up well? I dont know Ive seen pictures of some games and sometimes couldnt tell at first sight if a game was next gen or not.But i dont have a 360 so i dont know if in person its a massive improvement.I hear the second wave of titles will look much better though,like that gears of war game looks really good,and of course Halo3 is gonna a hell of a lot better than anything out right now.

theironone
02-08-2006, 07:55 AM
i have a 360 and dont get into sony sucks nintendo **** blah blah blah, i had all 3 previous systems and thought thought the xbox was the best out of them, well i played it the most anyway and am very impressed with the 360 and to think the games (looks wise) will improve as they did with all previous systems as the developers found better ways of using the hardware etc, i know some will stand the test of time but itl only get better and when the ps3 comes out better still imo for us consumers anyway

LostGuy
02-08-2006, 08:15 AM

meh i think you just love your nintendo, thats cool. you cant tell me the graphics are noticeably better though man. come on dont make me post screens. bah i'll get it over with

ps2 screens of resident evil 4:
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/013/013887/imgs_1.html

gamecube screens:
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/015/015821/imgs_1.html

people chime in do you notice any graphical difference? and if so, how much,big or small difference? i can tell no real difference.

Oasis_Lad
02-08-2006, 08:31 AM
meh i think you just love your nintendo, thats cool. you cant tell me the graphics are noticeably better though man. come on dont make me post screens. bah i'll get it over with

ps2 screens of resident evil 4:
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/013/013887/imgs_1.html

gamecube screens:
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/015/015821/imgs_1.html

people chime in do you notice any graphical difference? and if so, how much,big or small difference? i can tell no real difference.
if u check on this same site download the review of resident evil
even they say the cube versions graphics are noticibly better
although its such a great game it dosent matter much

batcandoi
02-08-2006, 01:03 PM
I don't see any admirable new feature in 360, well, SInce I always a PS fan, I'll wait until the PS3 released, I'm sure it will beat 360 badly

Verstyle
02-08-2006, 02:06 PM
how can u guys vote for the ps3 if it hasnt even came out yet. thats like talkin bad to a car thats out on the market and saying all the remarkable things about the car that u haven't even test driven yet :confused: how do u guys know the ps3 wont have errors or worst graphics then the 360. only way u guys would know this is if u guys actually worked on the ps3 and i highly doubt that ;)

Verstyle
02-08-2006, 02:08 PM
ive always been nintendo and nothing will change that
the snes and the 64 where the two best consoles ever although they have
had a hard time with the cube im still sticking by them
so the revolution for me

to many kiddie games. but i do love resident evil 4 though :D

Oasis_Lad
02-08-2006, 02:09 PM
to many kiddie games. but i do love resident evil 4 though :D

agree hopefully they'll sort themselves out and
get back to doing what they do best, gameplay

Manfredo Jr
02-08-2006, 05:28 PM
WHo do you think is betterÖ?

Microsoft ( Xbox 360 )
Sony ( PS3 )

You decide! :D
PS3 definatly , fair enough if they both came out at the same time but the PS3 will be much much better than the 360 ;)

AIR_KENG
02-08-2006, 11:21 PM
ps3... because i never had my hands on xbox, lol... just a look at the controller makes me not like to play the xbox but this is just a shallow reason... i have been a PS player for years now and will always be so my pick is ps3...

what really ticks me though is that the supposed remake of FFVII is no-go after all... sucks... :D

bigsmoothh
02-08-2006, 11:42 PM
xbox imo is awesome it looks hellabetter than the old one. as for specific details **** the ps3 will be the same in graphics. the blue ray will be the only thing that ps3 will havew an advantage of. as for bill gates microsoft not knowing how to put on a fight, yeah right they can invest millions or billions on a console.

bigsmoothh
02-08-2006, 11:45 PM
ps3... because i never had my hands on xbox, lol... just a look at the controller makes me not like to play the xbox but this is just a shallow reason... i have been a PS player for years now and will always be so my pick is ps3...

what really ticks me though is that the supposed remake of FFVII is no-go after all... sucks... :D

the controller for ps3 (boomerang) sucks and it got mediocre reviews worldwide. theve changed it like 3 times already :rolleyes:

Mech.
02-09-2006, 06:35 AM
the controller for ps3 (boomerang) sucks and it got mediocre reviews worldwide. theve changed it like 3 times already :rolleyes:

BUlllllshhhiiiit.Its not even out.Nobody outside of sony has touched it with their own two hands.

Wether or not it will be better than it looks remains to be seen,Sony is not known for making ****ty controllers tho,their dual shock 2 was my fav console controller ever.

JMCbulls
02-09-2006, 11:01 AM
xbox imo is awesome it looks hellabetter than the old one. as for specific details **** the ps3 will be the same in graphics. the blue ray will be the only thing that ps3 will havew an advantage of. as for bill gates microsoft not knowing how to put on a fight, yeah right they can invest millions or billions on a console.

ummm...wrong, blue ray is one of the many thing ps3 has an advantage with. graphics, will NOT be the same (ps3 will have better), plus the 360 has hella glitches and ppl have been returning theirs or sending it back to microsoft for one of 3 reasons-
1.doesnt work (alot dont)
2.they hate it (suprisingly, many ppl dont like it)
3.to many glitches

Oasis_Lad
02-09-2006, 11:03 AM
revolution for me
the big thing that sold it was all the old games free to download
i look foward to playing mario 64 and goldeneye and supermario world
along with metroid prime 3 and the new mario

Sttuddahboy619
02-09-2006, 11:21 AM
BUlllllshhhiiiit.Its not even out.Nobody outside of sony has touched it with their own two hands.

Wether or not it will be better than it looks remains to be seen,Sony is not known for making ****ty controllers tho,their dual shock 2 was my fav console controller ever.
You're right! Sony had a conference last month that displayed the PS3 but there was no control on the show floor. That fool doesn't know what he's talking about.

LostGuy
02-09-2006, 05:51 PM
revolution for me
the big thing that sold it was all the old games free to download
i look foward to playing mario 64 and goldeneye and supermario world
along with metroid prime 3 and the new mario

man you can play all games like that already for free lol. just get a good emulator and a graphics card that has a tv output and you can play n64 games, snes games, nes games, etc all on your tv. don't waste your money buying a revolution just for that. and those games arent just gone be free to download from nintendo. just available to download but they havent said free. they want to do it like itunes or something and charge you like 99 cents a game. dont buy a revolution just for that.

i might get a revolution but not to play old games.

ps3 on paper looks a whole hell of a lot better than xbox360. blue ray alone is all the ps3 needs to beat 360 even if it were equal graphics but damn its gone be better graphics. and people dont seem to realize how big it is that the ps3 will also be a blue ray player. blue ray is gone replace dvd. when sony starts coming out with blue ray players theyll be like 500 or so like the dvd players used to be. so getting a ps3 for probably 400 to 500 will be a good deal just for the blue ray alone let alone that it also plays video games. then game makers will start making blue ray disc games and **** thosell make xbox 360 games look like a damn joke.

microsoft jumped the gun like dreamcast did.

oh people say cause theyve read articles so your right its just speculating and assuming ps3 delivers on all they promise which heck i think they will. you can know whats better by reading specs on something. like your a muscular guy so ill use weights. say it says computer a can lift 500 lbs but computer b can lift 5000 lbs then you can tell computer b is definitely stronger even if you never used computer b.

Sttuddahboy619
02-09-2006, 05:56 PM
man you can play all games like that already for free lol. just get a good emulator and a graphics card that has a tv output and you can play n64 games, snes games, nes games, etc all on your tv. don't waste your money buying a revolution just for that. and those games arent just gone be free to download from nintendo. just available to download but they havent said free. they want to do it like itunes or something and charge you like 99 cents a game. dont buy a revolution just for that.

ps3 on paper looks a whole hell of a lot better than xbox360. blue ray alone is all the ps3 needs to beat 360 even if it were equal graphics but damn its gone be better graphics. and people dont seem to realize how big it is that the ps3 will also be a blue ray player. blue ray is gone replace dvd. when sony starts coming out with blue ray players theyll be like 500 or so like the dvd players used to be. so getting a ps3 for probably 400 to 500 will be a good deal just for the blue ray alone let alone that it also plays video games. then game makers will start making blue ray disc games and **** thosell make xbox 360 games look like a damn joke.

oh people say cause theyve read articles so your right its just speculating and assuming ps3 delivers on all they promise which heck i think they will. you can know whats better by reading specs on something. like your a muscular guy so ill use weights. say it says computer a can lift 500 lbs but computer b can lift 5000 lbs then you can tell computer b is definitely stronger even if you never used computer b.
I couldn't agree with you more.Well said

Oasis_Lad
02-09-2006, 05:58 PM

the old games are just something extra im really getting one for metroid prime 3 and the new mario which is gonna rock

LHWchamp5
02-10-2006, 11:13 AM
PS3. They only released the X-Box 360 to rival the PS3 and get some sales. The X-Box 360 has full of glitches from what I heard.:D

I've heard all 3 systems have had there share of glitches and problems..
I'm happy with my original x-box for now, stock up on cheap games and wait for the next generation of console..

Undefeated
02-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Ps3 aint even come out yet so how is it going to have glitches and ****?? and if they do they are probaly fixing them as we speak... who ever you heard it from is gay

Jarlaxle
02-11-2006, 10:53 PM
The PS 3 is not out yet so I cant say anything about it. I did like the Xbox more then the PS 2 and the 360 is pretty good so far, so Sony is going to have to bring it to top this.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/2898/Far-Cry-Instincts-PREDATOR-Xbox-360-vs-PC-Water-Comparison/

Lost Guy does not know what he is talking about. Blue Ray will do nothing for the PS 3's graphics. A Sony artist just got fired for saying the 360 appears to have better hardware so far. Sony is 0 for 2 when it comes to delivering on their promises.

G-dub
02-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Wake up guy's, the blue-ray is a non-factor, some bull**** to fool the fans. PS3 as no plans what so ever about online gaming and they start to understand that they are in big trouble. The system was suppose to come out in march but don't expect it until chrismas. They're too busy copying all the features of the xbox 360 just like they did with the dreamcast. But this time their fighting against a real opponent with money in the bank.

Playstation lost the first round and microsoft is ready for the knockout in the second. Xbox live is going to kill PS3!

LostGuy
02-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Wake up guy's, the blue-ray is a non-factor, some bull**** to fool the fans. PS3 as no plans what so ever about online gaming and they start to understand that they are in big trouble. The system was suppose to come out in march but don't expect it until chrismas. They're too busy copying all the features of the xbox 360 just like they did with the dreamcast. But this time their fighting against a real opponent with money in the bank.

Playstation lost the first round and microsoft is ready for the knockout in the second. Xbox live is going to kill PS3!

even if blue ray doesnt do anything graphics improvement it at least still has a built in blue ray player while xbox360 doesnt even have built other format even though microsoft is supposedly supporting the other format. so ps3 will still be a better value and i think itll be better graphics. not cause of blue ray with blue ray thatll just make the games a lot bigger not better graphics maybe i was misunderstood. but your talking 50 gig discs against 9 gig discs so ps3 using blue ray will have a big advantage on space at least.

playstation lost the first round ha thats a laugh my friend. at least double people who own a xbox own a ps2. i dont consider that losing. and xbox came out over a year after ps2 so it should be better.

Mech.
02-12-2006, 07:06 PM

A real opponent? I guess sega and Nintendo werent real "opponents".And ps2 easily won the so called "console wars" the last time.Xbox did have better graphics,but they didnt deliver that many good/exclusive titles though,Sony easily had the upper hand.I'll give Microsoft credit for halo 1&2,I still play that all the time.But if Microsoft didnt have halo,they would be a non-factor.

I think your missing the point of blu-ray though.Capacity will eventually make a diffrence for games.But thats not really what sony is betting on.I didnt have a DVD player when the first ps2 came out,and that was definetly an incentive to buy the PS2.Now the new hd-dvd and blueray players are going to cost AT LEAST as much as the PS3 for the standalone.So if you can get for that same price a gaming console + a next gen movie player,see why that works to sony's advantage?

Also the online thing.Sony has plans for an online Xbox live-type of service.Which i dopnt really care about,cause i prefered the way things were the first time around.You know,free.I dont really give a **** about being able to message friends and clans and **** like that.I just wanna play.I do have an xbox live account right now,but all i play online is Halo,so its really kind of ****ed that Im paying to play one game online.

I'll definetly buy a PS3 but also probably buy a 360 once Halo 3 is out (and so i have it for halo 4 ;) ) Also since it will probably get modded,I use my current xbox to watch tv shows and movies I donwload, on my Tv.

Oh there was one other thing I wanted to say,you know how people are saying ps3 is going to be too expensive...Well i kind of hate that too,but then you look at how much people payed for an xbox 360 on ebay..close to 1000...WTF? I dont think sony has anything to worry about on that front..people are obviously willing to pay alot of cash for a next gen system.

El Guapo
02-12-2006, 08:02 PM
the 360 a contender but not a victorious one!
the bad move of comming out first, and playstaion has a bigger reputation, look at the poll.

2nd II none
02-12-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm a diehard Playstaion gamer.

bigsmoothh
02-12-2006, 10:07 PM
You're right! Sony had a conference last month that displayed the PS3 but there was no control on the show floor. That fool doesn't know what he's talking about.

why the **** would you have the ps3 conference and no view of the controller? and by the way "FOOL" go to www.gamestop.com to view how hany people said the ps3 controller sucks. :rolleyes:

G-dub
02-12-2006, 10:12 PM
playstation lost the first round ha thats a laugh my friend. at least double people who own a xbox own a ps2. i dont consider that losing. and xbox came out over a year after ps2 so it should be better.

I was talking about the war between xbox 360 and PS3. You're right that the blue ray is an advantage for PS3 but I'm questionning myself if the blue ray disc really attract ordinary people. People are tired of changing all of their video equipment. Don't expect a lot of enthousiasm about the blue ray. Storing five games on one disc? Who cares?!

Mech.
02-13-2006, 12:09 AM
why the **** would you have the ps3 conference and no view of the controller? and by the way "FOOL" go to www.gamestop.com to view how hany people said the ps3 controller sucks. :rolleyes:

Alot of people said it sucked.None of those people have held the controller though.Developers dont even have it.

Jarlaxle
02-13-2006, 12:43 AM
A real opponent? I guess sega and Nintendo werent real "opponents".And ps2 easily won the so called "console wars" the last time.Xbox did have better graphics,but they didnt deliver that many good/exclusive titles though,Sony easily had the upper hand.I'll give Microsoft credit for halo 1&2,I still play that all the time.But if Microsoft didnt have halo,they would be a non-factor.

I think your missing the point of blu-ray though.Capacity will eventually make a diffrence for games.But thats not really what sony is betting on.I didnt have a DVD player when the first ps2 came out,and that was definetly an incentive to buy the PS2.Now the new hd-dvd and blueray players are going to cost AT LEAST as much as the PS3 for the standalone.So if you can get for that same price a gaming console + a next gen movie player,see why that works to sony's advantage?

Capacity will never matter unless Sony sells games with movies on the disc as well. Oblivion is a 20-100 hour game that takes almost an hour to walk across the map and its on one disc. The main reason Blueray is being pushed is because it would temporally shut down piracy for the movie industry. The thing is its going to take at least three years before HDTVs are so mainstream that people would look at a PS 3 as a cheap HDDVD player like they looked at the PS 2 as a cheap DVD player. Right now its just a DVD player to most people and the people who already have HD

TVS are more likely to be hardcore gamers and buy a 360 as well. In late 2007 and 2008 the cheap Blueray player may help Sony sell hardware but I dont think they will catch MS in software and that may bankrupt Sony. Even though the PS 2 outsold the Xbox 4to1 software sells were less then 2:1 last year.

Jarlaxle
02-13-2006, 12:45 AM
the 360 a contender but not a victorious one!
the bad move of comming out first, and playstaion has a bigger reputation, look at the poll.

Its better to get a headstart then a late start. Most forums polls I see arent this slanted.

Mech.
02-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Capacity will never matter unless Sony sells games with movies on the disc as well.

I dont know about that.I mean i dont know the technical aspects of developing games or anything,so i kind of hesitate to really say anything on that front,but I dont get why people assume Memory/capacity size wont matter.Everything usually increases in size,pretty dramatcially every 2 years or so.In a couple of years I gurantee there will be grumbling as to wether it was a mistake that 360 chose to use DVD.

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates, 1981 :D

^Thats more the think process behind that idea,I know its not quite as dramatic as that,but i guarantee there will be issues.

Mech.
02-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Its better to get a headstart then a late start.

Dreamcast anyone?
;)

LostGuy
02-13-2006, 04:31 AM
Capacity will never matter unless Sony sells games with movies on the disc as well. Oblivion is a 20-100 hour game that takes almost an hour to walk across the map and its on one disc. The main reason Blueray is being pushed is because it would temporally shut down piracy for the movie industry. The thing is its going to take at least three years before HDTVs are so mainstream that people would look at a PS 3 as a cheap HDDVD player like they looked at the PS 2 as a cheap DVD player. Right now its just a DVD player to most people and the people who already have HD

TVS are more likely to be hardcore gamers and buy a 360 as well. In late 2007 and 2008 the cheap Blueray player may help Sony sell hardware but I dont think they will catch MS in software and that may bankrupt Sony. Even though the PS 2 outsold the Xbox 4to1 software sells were less then 2:1 last year.

dude get over it, microsoft lost before and theyll lose again. ps3 will surpass ms in games as in the ps3 library will definitely be much larger than the xbox360 library easily this wont even be very close. japan dont care a thing about the xbox360 but theyll love the ps3 and will bring out tons of titles there that we dont even get here. now everyonell be able to play those games without modding their ps3.

come on what you talking about sony might go bankrupt now thats just crazy talk. neither company is going bankrupt from their video game division. how many of those xbox360s have actually sold cause i think ps3 will at least come real close to tying it at the launch of the console. theyll catch up quick lets put it that way. and again software end the ps3 aint even out yet and already theyve just a few games less planned than what the xbox360 has total including games out and planned. im talking around 25 games.

blue ray dont matter? lets break it down for you dude. say you can get a ps3 or a xbox360 and your the average guy. okay you see ps3 can play blue ray discs these hi def movie discs and dvds and ps3 ps2 and ps1 games. then you look at xbox360 it plays dvds xbox games and xbox360 games. hmmm i think most dudes are gonna go with the blue ray player.

then all the people that already got a xbox360 are gonna be like oh crap look at this game and that game that ps3 came out with that the xbox360 dont got. check all the ps3 exclusive titles that you know are console sellers:

devil may cry 4
final fantasy ?
gran turismo 5
god of war 2
gta 4 - well not totally exclusive but way before xbox360
metal gear solid 4
tekken
warhawk
jak and daxter games

ps3 has the best relationship with japanese developers like square enix and konami for example so this is yet another plus for them man.

in ending let me quote the Sony CEO Kaz Hirai:
"the next generation doesnt start until we say it does."

AIR_KENG
02-13-2006, 11:24 AM
The PS 3 is not out yet so I cant say anything about it. I did like the Xbox more then the PS 2 and the 360 is pretty good so far, so Sony is going to have to bring it to top this.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/2898/Far-Cry-Instincts-PREDATOR-Xbox-360-vs-PC-Water-Comparison/

Lost Guy does not know what he is talking about. Blue Ray will do nothing for the PS 3's graphics. A Sony artist just got fired for saying the 360 appears to have better hardware so far. Sony is 0 for 2 when it comes to delivering on their promises.
thanks for the link bro... does one helluva graphic improvement!!! looks like its real from that point of view... sony has to make the ps3 good enough to at least get to that level... wow! :D

AIR_KENG
02-13-2006, 11:27 AM
the next generation doesnt start until we say it does.

Strong words :D

G-dub
02-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Strong words :D

****y words and that's what is going to cost PS3. The war has started and Sony is doing nothing, showing nothing, generating no buzz.

I've always been a playstation buyer because I didn't have the choice. The only reason playstation 1 had so much success are N64 and Saturn (two of the worst console ever). Then came the dreamcast, the best console at the time by far but they went bankrupt so I had to get a PS2 wich is load of crap!

I have a friend who is a video game programer and he told me that the playstation consoles are ****ty to program. Best console in is opinion: Dreamcast, Xbox and the new 360 is the bomb!

LostGuy
02-13-2006, 10:38 PM
****y words and that's what is going to cost PS3. The war has started and Sony is doing nothing, showing nothing, generating no buzz.

I've always been a playstation buyer because I didn't have the choice. The only reason playstation 1 had so much success are N64 and Saturn (two of the worst console ever). Then came the dreamcast, the best console at the time by far but they went bankrupt so I had to get a PS2 wich is load of crap!

I have a friend who is a video game programer and he told me that the playstation consoles are ****ty to program. Best console in is opinion: Dreamcast, Xbox and the new 360 is the bomb!

i told my one friend who bought the dreamcast it was a mistake. sega was a one hit wonder with the genesis even though they always put out really good products.

the war hasnt started until sony throws down the ps3. then itll be fairly one sided eventually. no buzz come on man your just hating on ps as you already made clear with your posts. ps2 and psp both greatly outsold the xbox360 at xmas time, hahaha.

back to no buzz. yeah right, there is huge buzz. every electronics show all the talk is about "oh is sony finally gonna do the ps3 release date and price now." i think theyll wait until around october to release it now. ps2 is still the biggest console by far right now so ps3 will generate more than enough buzz. plus there was all the buzz about the boomerang controller. E3 theyll announce the ps3 release date and price then start slowly advertising. in the mean time theyll be producing the consoles and avoid as much of the xbox 360 problems at launch. theyll have more at launch than the 360 by far although still it of course wont be enough for demand it never is.

Jarlaxle
02-13-2006, 11:24 PM
dude get over it, microsoft lost before and theyll lose again. ps3 will surpass ms in games as in the ps3 library will definitely be much larger than the xbox360 library easily this wont even be very close. japan dont care a thing about the xbox360 but theyll love the ps3 and will bring out tons of titles there that we dont even get here. now everyonell be able to play those games without modding their ps3.

People donít care about of Japanese imports. Its only a few people here and there that import. Even good games like VB 1 sold like **** when it was brought to the states. Most of the games that stay in Japan stay there because they are games that people wont buy. There are 5 360 games in Japan that may never see the US and a couple of them are pretty good. You could import them if you want..

When you say win what do you mean? MS is already a top five vid game publisher, they should have a strong second place in hardware and be close to first in software outside of Japan. MS already won with the Xbox. They went from nowhere to beating Nintendo and having months in late 2004 and 2005 where most of the top ten games sold in the US were Xbox games.

come on what you talking about sony might go bankrupt now thats just crazy talk. neither company is going bankrupt from their video game division. how many of those xbox360s have actually sold cause i think ps3 will at least come real close to tying it at the launch of the console. theyll catch up quick lets put it that way. and again software end the ps3 aint even out yet and already theyve just a few games less planned than what the xbox360 has total including games out and planned. im talking around 25 games.

When I say bankrupt Iím talking about the PS wing. They are going to take a huge hardware hit selling the PS 3 for 399. or 499.. This is will especially be true when people start buying the PS 3 as a cheap blueray player first and for games second. The Xbox already had a better attachment rate then the PS 2. You add that fact to a million people buying a PS 3 for blueray and and two other games and Sony loses lots of money.

blue ray dont matter? lets break it down for you dude. say you can get a ps3 or a xbox360 and your the average guy. okay you see ps3 can play blue ray discs these hi def movie discs and dvds and ps3 ps2 and ps1 games. then you look at xbox360 it plays dvds xbox games and xbox360 games. hmmm i think most dudes are gonna go with the blue ray player.

Most people dont have HDTVs and dont feel like replacing their DVDs for Blueray disc. Those that do have HDTV are more likely to be into Xbox games because the Xbox played HD games last gen. I'm not saying it wont help Sony. I'm saying it wont help them make money and it wont help them sell hardware until HDTVs are mainstream. Playing PS 1 games wont help Sony either. Who the hell plays PS 1 games. You can play those for free on a cheap PC.

then all the people that already got a xbox360 are gonna be like oh crap look at this game and that game that ps3 came out with that the xbox360 dont got. check all the ps3 exclusive titles that you know are console sellers:

devil may cry 4
final fantasy ?
gran turismo 5
god of war 2
gta 4 - well not totally exclusive but way before xbox360
metal gear solid 4
tekken
warhawk
jak and daxter games

ps3 has the best relationship with japanese developers like square enix and konami for example so this is yet another plus for them man.

in ending let me quote the Sony CEO Kaz Hirai:
"the next generation doesnt start until we say it does."

All of that will help the PS 3 in Japan. In America Europe, Korea western games are more popular. With the exception of Final Fantasy Jade Empire, Fable, Morrowind, Knights of The Old Republic 1 and 2 outsold every Japanese RPG in the US. Halo 2 outsold every PS 2 game except Vice City. Also why does every one bring up Tekken. Tekken sucks. Virtual Fighter is better then Tekken. Iíll sooner buy a PS 3 for Virtual Fighter then Tekken. The 360 already has one fighter thatís better then Tekken and when FN 3 comes out it will have 2.

The only area the Sony really kicks MS ass in is platformers and thatís the least popular genre. I guess DMC and GoW gives beats Ninja Gaiden but thatís just a slight advantage, and there are some good action adventures prospects in the 360ís release queue. Also MS has a huge advantage on the most popular genre, which are shooters. The 360 already has a much better launch then the PS 2 and Xbox with a hell of a lineup on the way so games arent a problem. Be honest what games looks better then Oblivion right now and its will be out in a month.

Kazís is quote is the same arrogant punk **** that cost Nintendo against Sega. The NES outsold the Master System something like 30 million to 4 million, yet next gen the Genesis and SNES were neck to neck.

Jarlaxle
02-13-2006, 11:38 PM
I dont know about that.I mean i dont know the technical aspects of developing games or anything,so i kind of hesitate to really say anything on that front,but I dont get why people assume Memory/capacity size wont matter.Everything usually increases in size,pretty dramatcially every 2 years or so.In a couple of years I gurantee there will be grumbling as to wether it was a mistake that 360 chose to use DVD.

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates, 1981 :D

^Thats more the think process behind that idea,I know its not quite as dramatic as that,but i guarantee there will be issues

The only Xbox games that required two disc were games that came with movies. Shenmue 2 came with a movie that played Shenmue 1, and the Halo 2 collectors edition came with a behind the scenes movie. Movies are what eat up disc. The 360 already has a few Japanese RPGs with gobs of CGI cut scenes and they are still on one disc. Compression was a problem back in the late 80s and 90s for the SNES. Nowadays you package graphics in programs like winzip to compress them. They arenít going to be compressed on the screen. Once they are unpacked they are the same as they were before. When Sony reps say Blueray will improve graphics it uhh one of those things called ummmm a uhhhh lie. Yeah thatís the word LIE!!!

Dont trust Sony. They said the Ps 2 would have Toy Story graphics. They just fired a guy who said the 360 had better hardware.
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/sony-insider-deleted-for-ps3-comments-148088.php

Dreamcast anyone?
;)

There is a big difference.
The Dreamcast did not have EA games.
Sega had burned people with the 32X and Sega CD
Sega did not have any special features on the Dreamcast

Also the Dreamcast did well. It sold over 10 million in a year and a half. The problem with the Dreamcast was that it discontinued because Sega was in debt.
If the 360 has half of the lead the Dreamcast had it will sure beat the hole the Xbox was in when the PS 2 had an 18 month head start.

LostGuy
02-14-2006, 12:56 AM
hahahahaha whatever dude maybe youll be right but i think ps3 will be on top. i have no doubt.

gta series is the most mainstream game though. and it comes out for the playstation system first and way before any other platform. it is a console seller and those other games are too dude. not just in japan. you really think many people arent going to buy a ps3 for games first. thats just hatery i think dude but well see. if your right ill be the first on here saying so.

Mech.
02-14-2006, 01:35 AM
The only Xbox games that required two disc were games that came with movies. Shenmue 2 came with a movie that played Shenmue 1, and the Halo 2 collectors edition came with a behind the scenes movie. Movies are what eat up disc. The 360 already has a few Japanese RPGs with gobs of CGI cut scenes and they are still on one disc. Compression was a problem back in the late 80s and 90s for the SNES. Nowadays you package graphics in programs like winzip to compress them. They arenít going to be compressed on the screen. Once they are unpacked they are the same as they were before. When Sony reps say Blueray will improve graphics it uhh one of those things called ummmm a uhhhh lie. Yeah thatís the word LIE!!!

Dont trust Sony. They said the Ps 2 would have Toy Story graphics. They just fired a guy who said the 360 had better hardware.
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/sony-insider-deleted-for-ps3-comments-148088.php

There is a big difference.
The Dreamcast did not have EA games.
Sega had burned people with the 32X and Sega CD
Sega did not have any special features on the Dreamcast

Also the Dreamcast did well. It sold over 10 million in a year and a half. The problem with the Dreamcast was that it discontinued because Sega was in debt.
If the 360 has half of the lead the Dreamcast had it will sure beat the hole the Xbox was in when the PS 2 had an 18 month head start.

1.I never heard sony say that.
2.While wrong,It think that was funny.Realisticaly you should know better than to badmouth your company,seriously especialy on such a sensitive subject.I guess Microsoft would never do a thing like that ;)
3.Sega didnt have any special features? What about including a modem in their system so it was online ready out of the box? Sega innovated a lot of little things like that,like interconnectability with other products,since you could play little games on their memory card.

And lastly the capacity thing,I dont think your understanding were Im coming from with that.Movies for example,people get used to a certain quality standard and then something better comes along,and as that becomes the new standard,a larger format becaomes the Norm.I'll give you a game example though.Ps2 supported dvd out of the box right? For games? Still developers(the majority of) still used for like the first 2 years of the system,regular CD's.After those two years or so,youd be hard pressed to find anything but the crappiest of games still released on CD, because DVD became the new standard.This obviously created a quality diffrence you can see that if you go back and compare old ps2 titles with new ones,because some of them all they were, were 2D games.Sony expects the same thing to happen with DVD and Blu-ray.For a while developers will still be using DVD,and then blu-ray will become the norm.Heres where IMO the 360 is at a disadvantage,yes they support an hd-dvd add-on ,but they already said they wont develop games for the format,and even if they wanted to,it could be pretty disastrous.What would you do? Release 2 diffrent version of the same game? Divide consumers.those with the add-on and those without? Not gonna happen.

Now of course I know youre saying that compression will make it so that,that scenario will never happen.I get what youre saying.But i just think history says otherwise.

oldgringo
02-14-2006, 02:38 AM
PS3s catalog is far superior to 360...it wont even be close.

Oh yeah, MGS3 was better than anything released on Cube. Res Eve4 was the best Cube game all year and it had absolutely 0 replay value...whereas MGS3 had ample replay val.

LostGuy
02-14-2006, 04:21 AM
1.I never heard sony say that.
2.While wrong,It think that was funny.Realisticaly you should know better than to badmouth your company,seriously especialy on such a sensitive subject.I guess Microsoft would never do a thing like that ;)
3.Sega didnt have any special features? What about including a modem in their system so it was online ready out of the box? Sega innovated a lot of little things like that,like interconnectability with other products,since you could play little games on their memory card.

And lastly the capacity thing,I dont think your understanding were Im coming from with that.Movies for example,people get used to a certain quality standard and then something better comes along,and as that becomes the new standard,a larger format becaomes the Norm.I'll give you a game example though.Ps2 supported dvd out of the box right? For games? Still developers(the majority of) still used for like the first 2 years of the system,regular CD's.After those two years or so,youd be hard pressed to find anything but the crappiest of games still released on CD, because DVD became the new standard.This obviously created a quality diffrence you can see that if you go back and compare old ps2 titles with new ones,because some of them all they were, were 2D games.Sony expects the same thing to happen with DVD and Blu-ray.For a while developers will still be using DVD,and then blu-ray will become the norm.Heres where IMO the 360 is at a disadvantage,yes they support an hd-dvd add-on ,but they already said they wont develop games for the format,and even if they wanted to,it could be pretty disastrous.What would you do? Release 2 diffrent version of the same game? Divide consumers.those with the add-on and those without? Not gonna happen.

Now of course I know youre saying that compression will make it so that,that scenario will never happen.I get what youre saying.But i just think history says otherwise.

mech dude is right. and come on compression is only so good so eventually ps3 game quality will run away from xbox360 big time.

Jarlaxle
02-15-2006, 12:17 AM

You couldnít play DVDs, there was no surround sound, no high def games, you couldnít download cheap arcade games or demos, it had none of those online features that Live has, no Tivo, no media center, no harddrive. Man and I didnít even mention the Saturn. The Saturn had a much smaller fan base then the Xbox. The 360 is no Dreamcast and like I said before the Dreamcast did pretty well.

And lastly the capacity thing,I dont think your understanding were Im coming from with that.Movies for example,people get used to a certain quality standard and then something better comes along,and as that becomes the new standard,a larger format becaomes the Norm.I'll give you a game example though.Ps2 supported dvd out of the box right? For games? Still developers(the majority of) still used for like the first 2 years of the system,regular CD's.After those two years or so,youd be hard pressed to find anything but the crappiest of games still released on CD, because DVD became the new standard.This obviously created a quality diffrence you can see that if you go back and compare old ps2 titles with new ones,because some of them all they were, were 2D games.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I donít remember many old 2D PS 1 or 2 games. A large 2D game can take up as much or more space then a large 3D game. Baldurs Gate was 2D and the PS 1 couldnít handle it. Developers went to the DVD disc because CDs lacked space. DVDs dont lack space.

You have offered me absolutely no argument to why games will need the extra storage. Games are getting smaller, not larger. RPGs used to be 40 plus hours now they have shrunk. The only thing thatís getting larger is the amount of sound files but even then you see less CGI cut scenes and CGIs take up more space then sound. I gave you an example of a huge game with the most complex Ai and the most sound files of any RPG ever made and its on one disc. Not only that compared to most RPGs that are shrinking Oblivion is huge. Morrowind and GTA SA were the largest games last gen and Oblivion is the sequel to Morrowind. All three of them were on one disc. Storage is completely irrelevant. Even if you created a game that was too large for a DVD all that would mean is that you would use two disc. You wouldnít abandon an entire platform. Burning an extra disc cost nothing. Not porting a game to the 360 will cost you millions. CoD 2 on the 360 is the number one selling game right now.

Sony expects the same thing to happen with DVD and Blu-ray.For a while developers will still be using DVD,and then blu-ray will become the norm.Heres where IMO the 360 is at a disadvantage,yes they support an hd-dvd add-on ,but they already said they wont develop games for the format,and even if they wanted to,it could be pretty disastrous.What would you do? Release 2 diffrent version of the same game? Divide consumers.those with the add-on and those without? Not gonna happen.

MS wont need an HDTV for games this gen. Maybe next-gen improved graphics will force them to change. Blue-ray is being pushed for one reason. It reduces piracy. People cant download high def disc and they will have a hell of a time pirating games. Its not a consumers draw. Only 13% of Americans own HDTVs. That number should rise by about 10% each year.

The industry wants to hurry up and get Blue-ray out there but with DVDs still bring home the bacon they have to wait, and they will wait for about four years. By then the PS 3 will be everyones cheap blue-ray player.

Iím Bsing about Oblivion. Check out the Xbox demo disc on that game, the Ai is unreal. Its way better then Fable. Evey character not only eats and sleeps but they have dynamic conversations, they buy their own food, they work, they read, they brush their hair. That demo was the sickest thing I have ever seen.

Mech.
02-15-2006, 01:27 AM
You couldnít play DVDs, there was no surround sound, no high def games, you couldnít download cheap arcade games or demos, it had none of those online features that Live has, no Tivo, no media center, no harddrive. Man and I didnít even mention the Saturn. The Saturn had a much smaller fan base then the Xbox. The 360 is no Dreamcast and like I said before the Dreamcast did pretty well.

Well alot of those things you mentioned the PS2 didnt have,and it still bested the XBOX in terms of success.Something sony is looking to repeat,and "supposedly" theyll have more xbox-like features this time around,although they didnt need them before.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I donít remember many old 2D PS 1 or 2 games. A large 2D game can take up as much or more space then a large 3D game. Baldurs Gate was 2D and the PS 1 couldnít handle it. Developers went to the DVD disc because CDs lacked space. DVDs dont lack space.

Dont get your feelings hurt,were just talking.I see you flame anything playstation even on other threads.Firstly yes there were 2d fighting games,which is what i was refering too,something you hardly see anymore.Secondly you pretty much made my point for me,developers couldnt count on CD to develop higher quality games(from original 3d games to better 3d games).SO they went to a bigger format.DVD's dont lack space?Yeah I guess theyre infinite.

You have offered me absolutely no argument to why games will need the extra storage. Games are getting smaller, not larger. RPGs used to be 40 plus hours now they have shrunk. The only thing thatís getting larger is the amount of sound files but even then you see less CGI cut scenes and CGIs take up more space then sound. I gave you an example of a huge game with the most complex Ai and the most sound files of any RPG ever made and its on one disc. Not only that compared to most RPGs that are shrinking Oblivion is huge. Morrowind and GTA SA were the largest games last gen and Oblivion is the sequel to Morrowind. All three of them were on one disc. Storage is completely irrelevant. Even if you created a game that was too large for a DVD all that would mean is that you would use two disc. You wouldnít abandon an entire platform. Burning an extra disc cost nothing. Not porting a game to the 360 will cost you millions. CoD 2 on the 360 is the number one selling game right now.

You cant say storage is completely irrelevant,because all your referring to is PS2 and Xbox games,and at best very early 360 games.Yah you said all those things about these huge games,but theyre still games for the regular systems right? MADE with those systems in mind,so OF COURSE the developers knew their limits.

And i never said you couldnt burn 2 discs.You didnt understand were i was getting at with that.Of course you can burn 2 discs,you can burn all the discs you want.But its a sign that you messed up.

Iím Bsing about Oblivion. Check out the Xbox demo disc on that game, the Ai is unreal. Its way better then Fable. Evey character not only eats and sleeps but they have dynamic conversations, they buy their own food, they work, they read, they brush their hair. That demo was the sickest thing I have ever seen.

Okay,but you agree that huge games with tons of advanced AI will soon become the norm correct? Because Developers have the tools to make bigger and better games.ALL IM SAYING is that at THAT point,when very complex games become the norm,more storage will be needed,because once that's the norm,youre really going to have to outdo yourself to create something even bigger and better than that.

GTA was huge creating that big world were you could do all this exploration and stuff.But NOW? That stuff is the norm ,free-roaming large enviornment,gta-style games are a dime a dozen now.Those gmaes with all that ai you mentioned are the next logical step right? Well thats gonna become the norm too,and I think at that point storage WILL be an issue.

But i dont live in the future so i cant guarantee you anythin,Im basing what Im saying based on MY experience having played consoles since atari.

AIR_KENG
02-15-2006, 03:58 AM
PS3s catalog is far superior to 360...it wont even be close.

Oh yeah, MGS3 was better than anything released on Cube. Res Eve4 was the best Cube game all year and it had absolutely 0 replay value...whereas MGS3 had ample replay val.
MSG3 was awesome! resevil4 had replay value bro... at least for me.... :D

Run
02-15-2006, 04:56 AM
Ps3 by K.O. round 1.

LostGuy
02-15-2006, 01:02 PM

yeah but it also only costed like 200 and was like 6 or more years ago dude. dvd was still pretty new to people and ps2 wasnt even out yet so people werent think about all that stuff built into video games. and video games werent so big for adults and all then dude. the market has grown a ton because of ps1 and ps2 and most recently xbox. had ps1 and ps2 not started coming out with games like metal gear solid and gta 3 and all the game market wouldnt have grown like it has. your comparison aint fair.

your the one thats wrong dude. storage is always an issue. otherwise theyd still put this stuff on cds. dvds do have limited space. why are most ps2 and xbox games on single layer dvd5s man. and just recently for current gen games they are on dvd9s for some new games. high definition games are gonna take up high definition space which even dual layer dvds cant handle. the truly high def games are still a couple years away but when they get here the ps3 will handle them and the 360 will not, undisputable fact dude face it.

xbox360 has already been cracked and their gonna have a boot disc for it real soon. just 4 months after its release so give it a couple more months and hackers will start selling that boot disc that dont even require modding your 360 and peoplell be renting 360 games and burning them to dvd. once that happens itll hurt the 360 bad. developers dont want to support a system that they cant sell games for cause everyone just burns their games.

so since people cant do that on ps3 yet especially with blue ray games the ps3 will continue to get the majority of good games meaning people will have to buy ps3 to play those games.

your getting real defensive dude. i can understand since you looked at the poll results and your probably one of those dudes on the video game forums fighting with ps fans and yourself a xbox fan. but dude please dont take anything i say as hostile. i dont think the other guy mech is being that way either though i cant talk for him really.

i just think microsoft jumped the gun on their system. the xbox just came out in nov of 2001. the 360 in nov of 2005 come on thats a bit ridiculous that they come out with a new system again that soon. they were the last to come out with one of the big three current systems and the first to come out with the next system. their trying to get a head start on competition yes but their also trying to force the hands of the other two companies. in the end it hurts the gamers cause the developers now have to worry about 4 formats, 5 counting pc. they were just having to make current gen games and now they gotta focus on a next gen version of the same damn games cause xbox had to jump the gun so darn early.

a lot of average game consumers are actually mad about this not happy. they werent ready to buy a new console already. well i guess enough were ready since it sold out as soon as it came out. but that didnt really represent the common consumer and neither will the rush for ps3s.

since developers gotta stretch themselves over as many as 5 different formats a lot of stuff such as quality will get sacrificed for a lot of games. so either we'll get about the same amount of games as always which means a lot of them will be rushed or we'll get far less games than normal. a lot of these games that are having the release dates pushed back could be at least partially cause of the 360 jumping the gun.

oh wow that oblivion thing sounds pretty cool doing all that. ill have to check that game out. they feed themselves and stuff well thats pretty cool.

oldgringo
02-15-2006, 02:07 PM
MSG3 was awesome! resevil4 had replay value bro... at least for me.... :D

Yeah I just didn't even like the assgn ada section. "The Missionaries" was cool while it lasted...playing the game again on professional is easy because there are no thrills anymore...

The separate ways was okay, but not what I was looking for. In MGS3 there were so many ways to go about the game differently, the boss fights were still fun, and trying to get all of the camo/other secrets was entertaining as well.

EDIT: overall I just thought reseve4 (while being a fun game) was too linear.

El Guapo
02-15-2006, 07:10 PM
ps3 by ko, first shot! :D

Jarlaxle
02-16-2006, 12:32 AM
yeah but it also only costed like 200 and was like 6 or more years ago dude. dvd was still pretty new to people and ps2 wasnt even out yet so people werent think about all that stuff built into video games. and video games werent so big for adults and all then dude. the market has grown a ton because of ps1 and ps2 and most recently xbox. had ps1 and ps2 not started coming out with games like metal gear solid and gta 3 and all the game market wouldnt have grown like it has. your comparison aint fair.

How is the comparison not fair. The only thing that the Dreamcast had on the 360 was launch titles. Even then it was more an issue of quality over marketability. The 360ís launch titles arenít as good IMO but I would say they are a lot more marketable with Madden and CoD 2. Ya could also say that it was easier to improve 3D graphics last gen. Other then that Iím being pretty realistic.

your the one thats wrong dude. storage is always an issue. otherwise theyd still put this stuff on cds. dvds do have limited space. why are most ps2 and xbox games on single layer dvd5s man. and just recently for current gen games they are on dvd9s for some new games. high definition games are gonna take up high definition space which even dual layer dvds cant handle. the truly high def games are still a couple years away but when they get here the ps3 will handle them and the 360 will not, undisputable fact dude face it.

What do you mean the true high def games? All 360 games are high def. You see why I say you dont know what yer talking about?
I have played games on a 360 dev kit where you can see how much memory each game takes up. You typically see 3-6GBs. If you donít believe me you can google it. If you need to go over 9GBs then you burn another disc. Thatís no big deal the gamecube and the PS 1 had multiple disc games. High def CGIs burn a lot of disc space. What gameís use a lot of CGs? Japanese RPGs. A next gen Xenosaga might use more then 9GBs but that games probably not going to port to the 360 anyway.

Oddly enough the 360 already has some JRPGs and all of them are on one disc. Its not the scope of games or the concepts that use storage its high def media which is a cheap work around.

When I say games like Baldurs Gate count port to the PS 1 its not because of disc space. It was the lack of a HDD or a sizeable mem card and RAM.

xbox360 has already been cracked and their gonna have a boot disc for it real soon. just 4 months after its release so give it a couple more months and hackers will start selling that boot disc that dont even require modding your 360 and peoplell be renting 360 games and burning them to dvd. once that happens itll hurt the 360 bad. developers dont want to support a system that they cant sell games for cause everyone just burns their games.

This was true with ever console thats used CDs. Nothing new here... By the time HDTVS are the norm people will be burning high def games. You can do it now its just costly. Thats why I say Blue-ray is a temorary piracy kill.

your getting real defensive dude. i can understand since you looked at the poll results and your probably one of those dudes on the video game forums fighting with ps fans and yourself a xbox fan. but dude please dont take anything i say as hostile. i dont think the other guy mech is being that way either though i cant talk for him really.

i just think microsoft jumped the gun on their system. the xbox just came out in nov of 2001. the 360 in nov of 2005 come on thats a bit ridiculous that they come out with a new system again that soon. they were the last to come out with one of the big three current systems and the first to come out with the next system. their trying to get a head start on competition yes but their also trying to force the hands of the other two companies. in the end it hurts the gamers cause the developers now have to worry about 4 formats, 5 counting pc. they were just having to make current gen games and now they gotta focus on a next gen version of the same damn games cause xbox had to jump the gun so darn early.

a lot of average game consumers are actually mad about this not happy. they werent ready to buy a new console already. well i guess enough were ready since it sold out as soon as it came out. but that didnt really represent the common consumer and neither will the rush for ps3s.

You should be happy there is a new system. The PS 2 was dated one year after its release. The PS 2 couldnít handle Morrowind, KOTOR, Deus Ex IW, two and three years ago. Now it cant handle games like Doom 3, Halflife 2, Far Cry, Chronicles of Riddick and the Xbox couldnít handle games like StarWar Galaxies, Planetside, STALKER, etc etc. The hardware is old we needed some new meat.

Rare wanted a war scene in Kameo. On the Xbox they could only do 15 Trolls fighting 15 Elves. On the 360 they can do 2000 Trolls fighting 2000 Elves with what I would say is one of the top five best looking 360 games.

That said I donít blame anyone for waiting for a price drop. I waited on most consoles last gen and seeing how I do some media work and play a lot of the 360 anyway, and my cousin owns a 360 and leaves it over a lot cuz I have an HDTV I was going to wait for the bugs to get ironed out before I bought one. Now I have the money everythings paid for and Iím still playing my cousins cuz the the damn things arenít in stock yet.

since developers gotta stretch themselves over as many as 5 different formats a lot of stuff such as quality will get sacrificed for a lot of games. so either we'll get about the same amount of games as always which means a lot of them will be rushed or we'll get far less games than normal. a lot of these games that are having the release dates pushed back could be at least partially cause of the 360 jumping the gun.

oh wow that oblivion thing sounds pretty cool doing all that. ill have to check that game out. they feed themselves and stuff well thats pretty cool.

I agree with you there. A game like Gun would look so much better if it was built for next gen systems. All they did was make the game highdef when it ported to the 360. I understand only a handful of games can profit off of one platform so I donít begrudge them and Gun is a heck of game but its not a next-gen game.

LostGuy
02-16-2006, 03:23 AM
whatever dude you know im right you just want to argue and i guess well just have to agree to disagree. later champ.

Dirt E Gomez
02-16-2006, 05:08 AM
The XBOX was the most powerful system out of GC, PS2, and Xbox, but didn't reflect so in sales. Playstation 2 is only a viable compared to xbox because they managed to corner squaresoft during that period thus enabling every geek in the world to pay the homeage with each new release of an RPG; as well as simply being out longer (I'll also throw in the GTA series). Doing so spread their fan base as well as continuing to put out so so so many games, they're bound to have hits with every group one way or the other.

I look at this comparison the same way I look at the average democrat/republican: What their parents are, they are.. (i.e., what you owned first (or only) you'll continue to support). I lean on XBox360 for $$$ and online play. Xboxlive's online capabilites haven't been matched by playstation or even close to it and the fact that PS3 is going to market for $500+.... well that's a lot of money.

Addon: Also, just as a comment to part of the early thread... Resident Evil on GC blew PS2's out of the water. THe graphics and loading time were 4x better.... the PS2 version didn't even have ****ing weather effects.

Mech.
02-16-2006, 05:46 AM
I look at this comparison the same way I look at the average democrat/republican: What their parents are, they are.. (i.e., what you owned first (or only) you'll continue to support). I lean on XBox360 for $$$ and online play. Xboxlive's online capabilites haven't been matched by playstation or even close to it and the fact that PS3 is going to market for $500+.... well that's a lot of money.

Yeah,I owned a ps2 first because of the PS1,and really Sony had squre cornered since then.Although,I didnt buy their games blindly,the FF series was always good.

I owned a Ps2 first,and GC and Xbox eventually,and the closest thing that would possibly change my mind was the possibilty of Halo 3/4,but theyre not going to be out for a while,3 anyways.I'll own a 360 eventually for those games, more than likely,and definetly if the Xbox Media Center mod comes out for the 360.

Xbox Live though,I dont get the appeal really,Im not sutre why so many people like it,unless you play tons of games online I guess.Killer App vs Killer app (Halo vs Socom) the online features are about the same,except youre paying for one.Maybe people are really into the LIVE arcade thing,I dont know Ive never tried it.

Addon: Also, just as a comment to part of the early thread... Resident Evil on GC blew PS2's out of the water. THe graphics and loading time were 4x better.... the PS2 version didn't even have ****ing weather effects.

I really didnt think 4x better,though Im not a big RE fan really,But the Ps2 controller vs the GC controller made that version 4 times more appealing to me.Also that game was designed from the ground up for GC,the PS2 version was a port(I know you all knows this,but just to put this in perspective).

Dirt E Gomez
02-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Xbox Live though,I dont get the appeal really,Im not sutre why so many people like it,unless you play tons of games online I guess.Killer App vs Killer app (Halo vs Socom) the online features are about the same,except youre paying for one.Maybe people are really into the LIVE arcade thing,I dont know Ive never tried it.

XBOX live ****ing rules. Like, I seriously probably lost 2 years of my life because of it... and I don't regret it. Mech Assault 1, Halo 2, Guilty Gear X2, and RS3 stole 2 years of my life.... and I'm ok with it.

The appeal to online play depends on the type of player you are. Many players (mostly ps2 players) are used to more single player games to ammuse themselves and fullfill their time. I am a competitive person in all aspects of life and that includes when I play video games for the most part. I look for the best people I can possibly find and face them until I prove I'm their better or they beat me. I'll take a good multi-player game of anything over stomping AI any day of the week.

Mech.
02-16-2006, 04:41 PM
XBOX live ****ing rules. Like, I seriously probably lost 2 years of my life because of it... and I don't regret it. Mech Assault 1, Halo 2, Guilty Gear X2, and RS3 stole 2 years of my life.... and I'm ok with it.

The appeal to online play depends on the type of player you are. Many players (mostly ps2 players) are used to more single player games to ammuse themselves and fullfill their time. I am a competitive person in all aspects of life and that includes when I play video games for the most part. I look for the best people I can possibly find and face them until I prove I'm their better or they beat me. I'll take a good multi-player game of anything over stomping AI any day of the week.

^haha ,thats cool.Well I really enjoy multiplayer/online games,I mean after youve played online,AI pales in comparison.But I can get the same online fix with ps2 as I can with Xbox,xbox has all these features like friends list/clans/Rank as such,but so did all the socom games.But i guess people really dig having those same features for all games,wheres as in the ps2 it varies from game to game and all.

LostGuy
02-17-2006, 05:32 PM
at least the ps2, which came out a full year before the xbox came with a free dvd player built in. and its controller was easily the best cause the xbox fat ass controller wasnt good. my friends that got xbox most of them ended up buying a third party controller cause the xbox one sucked. and ps2 had so many more games first and often exclusively.

i dont care about online play at all really just most games i play it wouldnt work anyhow but boxing and you could play fight night free online for ps2. xbox live was a big scam and rip off i think. having to pay a monthly fee to play a game you already own just to play it with a bunch of nerds online. forget that dudes. ill just round up some nerds and bring them to my house and beat them up there before i pay a monthly fee. xbox live should be free. heck charge 10 extra for the game but 10 a month is crazy.

El Guapo
02-17-2006, 05:46 PM
at least the ps2, which came out a full year before the xbox came with a free dvd player built in. and its controller was easily the best cause the xbox fat ass controller wasnt good. my friends that got xbox most of them ended up buying a third party controller cause the xbox one sucked. and ps2 had so many more games first and often exclusively.

i dont care about online play at all really just most games i play it wouldnt work anyhow but boxing and you could play fight night free online for ps2. xbox live was a big scam and rip off i think. having to pay a monthly fee to play a game you already own just to play it with a bunch of nerds online. forget that dudes. ill just round up some nerds and bring them to my house and beat them up there before i pay a monthly fee. xbox live should be free. heck charge 10 extra for the game but 10 a month is crazy.
thats a good point man! the x-pad sucked, and id rather much play with mates than online, atleast you can rub it in when u win and see there face. all in fun though!
lets put it this way, i walk into game (computer shop!) grab a ps3, purches, play on it! i wont even think about a x-cube or what the **** console, in fact ill try to avoid looking at one because the playstation has a branch on my family tree! :D

Dirt E Gomez
02-18-2006, 01:41 AM
Wow, the controller is too big? Use a god damned S-controller and quit your *****ing... and if it's still too big than you've got ****ing girly hands.

Xbox Live is hardly a rip off. For the service it provides at $50 a year it's worth every penny. Updates to games, additions, patches, etc... not to mention that with every xbox game you bought you'd get a free 2 month xbox live tag anyways.

LostGuy
02-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Wow, the controller is too big? Use a god damned S-controller and quit your *****ing... and if it's still too big than you've got ****ing girly hands.

Xbox Live is hardly a rip off. For the service it provides at $50 a year it's worth every penny. Updates to games, additions, patches, etc... not to mention that with every xbox game you bought you'd get a free 2 month xbox live tag anyways.

whatever dude that xbox controller was horrible. why else would they have changed it and come out with a different version of it? quit being such a *** dude. sucking off your favorite console lol.

dont hate just because you made the mistake of getting a 360 or whatever hahahahaha. a lot of people bought dreamcast too including a friend i have that i still poke fun at him for doing.

got your feelings hurt, so sensitive hahahahaha. go take some zoloft dude.

crazyjames
02-18-2006, 01:59 PM
All you sony fans can suck on deez. Without microsoft there would be no ps3. Microsoft sold them their new chip which is graphics and everything. So you guys don't know ****. Sony should be thanking microsoft.

theironone
02-18-2006, 02:14 PM
****in hell you kids take this game **** so serious, some friend you are lostguy still takin the piss cos someone decided to get a certain console lmao at some of the posts here

El Guapo
02-18-2006, 02:28 PM
All you sony fans can suck on deez. Without microsoft there would be no ps3. Microsoft sold them their new chip which is graphics and everything. So you guys don't know ****. Sony should be thanking microsoft.
i think they would have found a way around it bud! they did create the ps and ps2 and psp as a sucsess over all its rivals!

El Guapo
02-18-2006, 02:34 PM

girly ****ing hands eh! im 6ft5 and 220 pounds, i dont think my hands are girly, anyway why should you have to buy a new pad! plus the playstaion has better unique games which the ****in x-box took under their name, and you know why? because they couldnt top the top game of thet genre, so the bought it for their name! so shush ya mush!

LostGuy
02-18-2006, 02:43 PM
what you mean microsoft sold sony something. what did they sell them i hope you dont mean that cell chip cause thats by sony toshiba and ibm. if anything the xbox wouldnt exist without the ps1 and ps2 cause microsoft wouldnt have jumped in trying to compete.

dont get me wrong dudes im very glad the xbox is around cause it makes sony have to compete instead of being the only show in town.

Jarlaxle
02-20-2006, 01:47 AM
The XBOX was the most powerful system out of GC, PS2, and Xbox, but didn't reflect so in sales. Playstation 2 is only a viable compared to xbox because they managed to corner squaresoft during that period thus enabling every geek in the world to pay the homeage with each new release of an RPG; as well as simply being out longer (I'll also throw in the GTA series). Doing so spread their fan base as well as continuing to put out so so so many games, they're bound to have hits with every group one way or the other.

With me its 3rd party support, online play, western RPGs, PC ports, great games. All the consoles had some of those factors. The Xbox had them all.

Dirt E Gomez
02-20-2006, 05:49 AM
whatever dude that xbox controller was horrible. why else would they have changed it and come out with a different version of it? quit being such a *** dude. sucking off your favorite console lol.

dont hate just because you made the mistake of getting a 360 or whatever hahahahaha. a lot of people bought dreamcast too including a friend i have that i still poke fun at him for doing.

You're a moron. The Xbox is far from my favorite consol, but out of the 3 in that generation I choose it. quit being a ***zor el oh el omgwtfbbq.

Mech.
02-20-2006, 07:01 AM
***zor el oh el omgwtfbbq.
http://members.arstechnica.com/x/beedee/omgwtfbbq.jpg

y0 j00!!111 u c m3 0wnz0rz dat n00b v3r1ly ?? lolololololololo

LostGuy
02-20-2006, 10:43 AM
You're a moron. The Xbox is far from my favorite consol, but out of the 3 in that generation I choose it. quit being a ***zor el oh el omgwtfbbq.

another one bites the dust

Dirt E Gomez
02-21-2006, 02:53 PM
another one bites the dust

You're going to have the audacity to insult my post after you spewed out this trash:

Run
02-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Have you people even seen the ps3 and 360 specs? The game titles?

Why do you want a ****ing 360?

LMFAO.

LostGuy
02-22-2006, 07:40 PM
You're going to have the audacity to insult my post after you spewed out this trash:

dude you cant stand that your an ass. go play ur xbox360 exclusive titles like Saints Row or some other game nobody wants to play hahahahaha.

Dirt E Gomez
02-22-2006, 11:14 PM
dude you cant stand that your an ass. go play ur xbox360 exclusive titles like Saints Row or some other game nobody wants to play hahahahaha.

dude you cant stand that lost was a rerun tonight. hahahaha lollersk4t3s. go play ur ps3... oh wait its not out yet nya hahahahah or some other system like that hahahahahahah.

Seriously though, you're a ****ing moron. Jarlaxle and others have all ready pointed out opinions and reasons as to why they prefer the 360 (or normal xbox) as opposed to PS2/3 and all you do is put your fingers in your ears and yell like it means anything. You're clearly a moron and I hope your ps3 catches on fire minutes within it's purchase and you die in a house fire.

Mech.
02-24-2006, 07:50 AM
I hope your ps3 catches on fire minutes within it's purchase and you die in a house fire.

lmfao/////

LostGuy
02-26-2006, 08:46 PM
dude you cant stand that lost was a rerun tonight. hahahaha lollersk4t3s. go play ur ps3... oh wait its not out yet nya hahahahah or some other system like that hahahahahahah.

Seriously though, you're a ****ing moron. Jarlaxle and others have all ready pointed out opinions and reasons as to why they prefer the 360 (or normal xbox) as opposed to PS2/3 and all you do is put your fingers in your ears and yell like it means anything. You're clearly a moron and I hope your ps3 catches on fire minutes within it's purchase and you die in a house fire.

dude do you hear voices or something when reading? your clearly the moron dude.

go play your system thats gonna have no titles in a year when that boot disc catches on and developers refuse to support the 360 anymore cause they aint making revenue on titles cause everyones burning games hahahahaha.

nah the system actually aint bad but a ps3 itll never be. heck if the system actually stays around long enough i might eventually get one if i get a good deal on it or something but if i gotta choose between it and ps3 it aint even a contest ill go with what i know will dominate and will definitely have games i even care about.

and yeah i was mad that lost was a rerun but it was ok cause i went out and rented fn3 and copied it so it was all fine.

Jarlaxle
02-27-2006, 11:09 AM
dude do you hear voices or something when reading? your clearly the moron dude.

go play your system thats gonna have no titles in a year when that boot disc catches on and developers refuse to support the 360 anymore cause they aint making revenue on titles cause everyones burning games hahahahaha.

You do realize that you could do the same thing on the Xbox and the Xbox still had the best attachment rate of the three consoles? Even the OXM mag gave out a DOA boot disc to speed up load times. The GC was the toughest console to pirate and it had the worst attachment rate.

LostGuy
03-05-2006, 01:41 AM
attachment rate i am ignorant as to what u mean u mean like stuff u hook up to the xbox like the dvd remote and such or what

tenPt
03-05-2006, 09:56 PM
theres very little vibration in the controls on the 360 and there to small in my opinion especially playin halo.

BadMagick
03-08-2006, 12:35 AM

Only a fool would think the revolution is going to sell well. No one knows what to do with it because Nintendo is retarded and made that stupid controller. They have to do different programming for the Revolution, much different, so it's harder to port things over.

The PS3 is not going to go over well, either, and this is due to it's difficulty in programming. Id software's John Carmack says that it's a pain in the ass to program for the PS3. John Carmack is one of the single greatest video game makers ever to live. He has title's such as DOOM, DOOM II, DOOM III, Quake, Quake II, Quake III, Quake III: Arena, Quake IV, and Wolfenstein games to his credit. DOOM, of course, along with Wolfenstein 3D, being the most innovative FPS ever, also helping to bring violence in video games to the mainstream. Here (http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Carmack_%E2%80%93_Xbox360_%22Great%22,_PS3_%22Pain _in_my_ass%22_!!!_8194_0_0.htm) is a link to what he said about the two.

As to which will be better, I'll do the differences that should be between the three.

First off, it comes down to game-type preference. If you like RPG's, you're going to want Sony's console, because they dominate the market in RPG's as of now. If you want FPS games, then you'll buy an XBox, for Halo and Halo 2 (Halo 3 eventually), Quake 4, etc. If you like children's games, then you'll go for the Nintendo (especially if you can't get past Mario). The strategy games all suck on consoles. Action-adventure games, it's a pick 'em between the Playstation and XBox, both had good games, but previously the XBox graphics were far and away the best, so you'd probably want to get the games for the XBox, if they existed on both consoles. The thing is, we don't really know how things are going to look on the PS3 as of yet, and we don't know much about the controller, which brings me to my next point.

The controller is the dealmaker, in my eyes. The reason I liked the PS2 over the XBox, initially, was the controller. It was so much better on the PS2 for overall gaming. It worked better for sports games because you didn't have to move your thumb, and lose abilities on the regular buttons, all the buttons were right at your finger tips. It also wasn't the size of a ****ing Dreamcast, unlike the XBox controller, which was massive, at first. Then the Microsoft recognized their folly and developed the S-Type, which evened the playing field a bit. The white and black buttons still existed, but it was tolerable. The S-Type controller was perfect for FPS such as Halo. The buttons weren't nearly as spread as they once were, and the controller actually fit a normal human hand. The Gamecube controller sucked, so did the console. (Quick note as to why I hate Nintendo: Mario. Get over it, and start developing some ****ing original titles. It was fun for the first 14 years of your console making history, now it's time to move on. You've been in the business since '85, you should have been able to find a new character by now. We're getting bored with every goddamn game you make being centered around Mario, and ****ty controllers. Please, for the love of God, follow Sega's example.) Nowadays, the 360 controller has two triggers, and two shoulder buttons, eliminating the black and white buttons, and putting everything right where your fingers rest. There is no more reaching all over the place to find a button, they're in conventional locations, which is what we want, isn't it? It's also a tad smaller, which is nicer, because it allows you to move your hands from place to place easier, if need be. For example, it's easier to move your thumb from the right thumbstick to the AXBY buttons than it had been previously, due to a shorter space there. The PS3 controller is untested, so who knows how it's going to be? It looks really weird, but it might be really comfortable, we can only wait and see. The Revolution's controller sucks, just as the GC's did.

Who's going to win this race? Well, it'll be between Sony and Microsoft, as the last race was. Nintendo still dominates the portable sector, but Sony has it's hands in that mess now, too, so maybe they won't for all that much longer. The problem with Nintendo is this: It's still gearing it's games for 1985's audience. The problem with that is this: It's not 1985 anymore, and the kids from 1985 are still playing games. Today's target group is no longer children, but males from the ages of 18 to about 35 (I think). That's a huge difference in what it used to be. We are the video game kids, and we want more adult type video games. Nintendo needs to realize this, or this will be the end of them. I believe it's going to be for two reasons. One, it's not going to interest the gamer, it's going to interest the casual gamer who doesn't know **** about games. Herein lies their problem: It's the hardcore gamers that are keeping this industry going, not the simpletons who can't co-ordinate two thumbs at once (which is why their controller is designed in such a horrid manner, by the way). Those are the people you do NOT want to target, because they get bored with things quickly, and hardly ever buy their own consoles, opting to play at friend's houses instead. The Revolution is also still clinging to the 80's. Why? Who knows! They're making all their previous titles downloadable (last I heard) to the Revolution, which is probably the only good thing about the console. Finally, you won't have to dig out the old stuff, or use an emulator for the PC, but be able to play it right on your TV. Nintendo has lost its sense of creativity, though, and that will be their downfall, I believe. Look for Microsoft and Sony to dominate, with Microsoft winning the race because of more managable programming, and more money to throw around. Bill Gates wants to rule the world, and he's not going to go out of this race without a real fight. Sony might win, but there are too many question marks about the new system to answer right now.

As it stands, based on current information, the XBox 360 SHOULD outsell the PS3. Microsoft will be able to pick up more licensing agreements, because companies now know they are here to stay, unlike last time where they were new to the industry, and companies were leary about giving them sole ownership of games because they might have flopped. And also because it's easier to program, they have more time to get more and better games out, and they have the most money to put into their console.

Mech.
03-08-2006, 12:42 AM
^Similar things were said about programming for the PS2,difficulty wise.So I dont for a second think it will discourage any developers,simply because they know were the demand is and thats what theyll develop games for.

BadMagick
03-08-2006, 12:55 AM
^Similar things were said about programming for the PS2,difficulty wise.So I dont for a second think it will discourage any developers,simply because they know were the demand is and thats what theyll develop games for.

Read the rest, I wrote a whole ****ing article, and bashed the hell out of Nintendo. It's a good read.

sleazyfellow
03-08-2006, 01:44 AM
consoles sales are at a low at this point in time, but yeah im never a one system person but its defintely gonna b revo/ps3 combo for me, xbox360 has had alot of problems already, ppl putting cds in them and turning it on then flipping the console on its side is the most common. but yeah alot of ppl r waiting out for ps3, im more retro though so i gotta have super smash brother revolution and the classic nintendo games to play too, mike tysons punch out, super punch out, the mario games, temcos pro wrestling...

LostGuy
03-08-2006, 10:14 AM
nintendo revolution will sell just fine
parents who have to buy a console for their kids and know jack crap will buy the revolution just cause its cheaper
parents with younger kids will buy the revolution

hardcore nintendo people who like metroid zelda and mario will buy the revolution

nobody makes the controller the selling point except you dude
but i agree the xbox360 will most likely be the best controller

ps3 being the hardest to program dont mean crap cause it aint the programmers taking the jobs its the companies and the companies go for things that will sell period

xbox tried making everyone have to buy a new console a year or two early and people arent happy about it
most are still happy with their xbox and ps2 and gamecube
i know i am

ps3 wins another landslide
it aint even close
revolution could beat xbox though yeah probably not but theyll at least be a threat merely cause of the price

strongisland24
03-08-2006, 01:04 PM
i played xbox360 on a huge HD tv, damn the graphics are so good.

wichito_one
03-08-2006, 01:21 PM
I am a big console gamer therefore I own every system out right now except for handhelds. I'd have to say that with sony having problems with blu ray issues and the fact that ps3 games are going to cost anywhere from 60 to 65 bucks I think I'll settle with the 360 for right now I am very happy with it right now, and I can't wait for the realease of better games. Although if they realease any bad ass RPG's in the ps3 I might jump on it. If you guys don't have a 360 wait till the PS3 comes out they will probably drop the price on it. Oh and I have not had any issues with my box.

vB Martin
03-08-2006, 09:09 PM
sony wants to sell the ps3 very well and get the new blue ray disc players to beat hddvd.
They also wanted Beta to beat VHS and we see how that worked out. PS3 will flop primarilybecause of the Blueray. People aren't going to want to spend money on a brand new technology to watch DVDs in HD, and they aren't going to want to have to buy more expensive Blueray disks to burn when the current Toshiba-backed HDDVD format will be compatible with the same, low-process DVD +/- R/RW format that's already tested and true.

You would think that Sony would eventually learn to quit trying to be so propietary. They're still trying to sell MD players...

Jarlaxle
03-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Only a fool would think the revolution is going to sell well. No one knows what to do with it because Nintendo is retarded and made that stupid controller. They have to do different programming for the Revolution, much different, so it's harder to port things over.

The PS3 is not going to go over well, either, and this is due to it's difficulty in programming. Id software's John Carmack says that it's a pain in the ass to program for the PS3. John Carmack is one of the single greatest video game makers ever to live. He has title's such as DOOM, DOOM II, DOOM III, Quake, Quake II, Quake III, Quake III: Arena, Quake IV, and Wolfenstein games to his credit. DOOM, of course, along with Wolfenstein 3D, being the most innovative FPS ever, also helping to bring violence in video games to the mainstream. Here (http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Carmack_%E2%80%93_Xbox360_%22Great%22,_PS3_%22Pain _in_my_ass%22_!!!_8194_0_0.htm) is a link to what he said about the two.

As to which will be better, I'll do the differences that should be between the three.

First off, it comes down to game-type preference. If you like RPG's, you're going to want Sony's console, because they dominate the market in RPG's as of now. If you want FPS games, then you'll buy an XBox, for Halo and Halo 2 (Halo 3 eventually), Quake 4, etc. If you like children's games, then you'll go for the Nintendo (especially if you can't get past Mario). .

Hey speak for yourself RPGs are my favorite genre and thats the main reason why Xbox was my favorite console. To a lot of people most Japanese RPGs arent RPG they are action adventure games with TB combat. I'm not the only one who feels this way the top 5 or 6 RPGs on the Xbox sold very well. Even now Oblivion is the main reason I own a 360.

The controller is the dealmaker, in my eyes. The reason I liked the PS2 over the XBox, initially, was the controller. It was so much better on the PS2 for overall gaming. It worked better for sports games because you didn't have to move your thumb, and lose abilities on the regular buttons, all the buttons were right at your finger tips. It also wasn't the size of a ****ing Dreamcast, unlike the XBox controller, which was massive, at first. Then the Microsoft recognized their folly and developed the S-Type, which evened the playing field a bit. The white and black buttons still existed, but it was tolerable. The S-Type controller was perfect for FPS such as Halo. The buttons weren't nearly as spread as they once were, and the controller actually fit a normal human hand. The Gamecube controller sucked, so did the console. (Quick note as to why I hate Nintendo: Mario. Get over it, and start developing some ****ing original titles. It was fun for the first 14 years of your console making history, now it's time to move on. You've been in the business since '85, you should have been able to find a new character by now. We're getting bored with every goddamn game you make being centered around Mario, and ****ty controllers. Please, for the love of God, follow Sega's example.) Nowadays, the 360 controller has two triggers, and two shoulder buttons, eliminating the black and white buttons, and putting everything right where your fingers rest. There is no more reaching all over the place to find a button, they're in conventional locations, which is what we want, isn't it? It's also a tad smaller, which is nicer, because it allows you to move your hands from place to place easier, if need be. For example, it's easier to move your thumb from the right thumbstick to the AXBY buttons than it had been previously, due to a shorter space there. The PS3 controller is untested, so who knows how it's going to be? It looks really weird, but it might be really comfortable, we can only wait and see. The Revolution's controller sucks, just as the GC's did.

I kinda agree with that the PS 3 needs trigger buttons or it wont be as good as the 360s controller. Well there is still time for Sony to come around but they seem too arrogant.

Who's going to win this race? Well, it'll be between Sony and Microsoft, as the last race was. Nintendo still dominates the portable sector, but Sony has it's hands in that mess now, too, so maybe they won't for all that much longer. The problem with Nintendo is this: It's still gearing it's games for 1985's audience. The problem with that is this: It's not 1985 anymore, and the kids from 1985 are still playing games. Today's target group is no longer children, but males from the ages of 18 to about 35 (I think).

There is no "I think" to it you are so right a lot of Disney games that target a young audiance sold better on the PS 2 and Xbox because gamers who are now parents were buying them

I still think the Revolution will do pretty well. There is a conventional controller that goís with the pointer style and the pointer style will be great for certain games like a first person sword fighting game, or a consoleish RTS game. Rockstars new ping pong game would be perfect too. Also Nintendo is finnaly bringing back some of their classic concepts like Kid Icarus and Ice Climber. The price will be a big sell too especially when people see that the graphics are only a slight drop from the other consoles.

attachment rate i am ignorant as to what u mean u mean like stuff u hook up to the xbox like the dvd remote and such or what

That is games bought per console. The Xbox was number 1 and the GC was last. Thats the only sales fact MS could brag about in E3.

BadMagick
03-09-2006, 01:21 AM
nintendo revolution will sell just fine
parents who have to buy a console for their kids and know jack crap will buy the revolution just cause its cheaper
parents with younger kids will buy the revolution

hardcore nintendo people who like metroid zelda and mario will buy the revolution

nobody makes the controller the selling point except you dude
but i agree the xbox360 will most likely be the best controller

ps3 being the hardest to program dont mean crap cause it aint the programmers taking the jobs its the companies and the companies go for things that will sell period

xbox tried making everyone have to buy a new console a year or two early and people arent happy about it
most are still happy with their xbox and ps2 and gamecube
i know i am

ps3 wins another landslide
it aint even close
revolution could beat xbox though yeah probably not but theyll at least be a threat merely cause of the price

GC sold like ****, even though it was cheaper back then. The thing is, most parents are also in that 18-35 range that we discussed earlier, that means that more of them play games, and that means they're more likely to buy on the XBox or PS3 when it comes to buying for their kids, as opposed to buying several consoles. Aside from that, I've never seen a kid ask for a GC, or any Nintendo system since the 64, and most parents get what their kids asked for, unless they're like 3, in which case they more than likely won't buy them a console.

That could be the 360's downfall, the fact they pushed it out a year before competition. But, that was PS2's uprising, the fact that it got a year headstart on the competition. Which road will it take, though? That of the Saturn, Dreamcast, and 64 (which didn't sell much compared to the PSX, because of a lack of launch titles, which was due to them pushing it out too early), or that of the PS2? Hopefully, and this is just personal opinion here, and taking away my personal bias against MS, I hope it goes the PS2 route. The main reason I hope the XBox 360 does well is so that no company can claim dominance just yet in the console industry.

If Sony were to get sole ownership (so to speak) over the console industry, we'd see major fallout in the quality of products produced. I think we all know why.

I really think that Nintendo is doomed to fail, yet again, with their newest pile of ****. Their only saving grace is that they have all the old games playable on that thing, which is pretty nice considering the punch out games, and so forth. Hopefully they take Sega's route and go into software only... no... wait. THEY CAN'T! ALL THEY MAKE IS ****ING MARIO!

DeltaSigChi4
03-09-2006, 04:38 AM
Considering that the PS3 isn't out yet ... how can anyone claim that it wins? It's wins a special reserved spot in their blind nutthugging ways??

E

LostGuy
03-09-2006, 06:19 PM
They also wanted Beta to beat VHS and we see how that worked out. PS3 will flop primarilybecause of the Blueray. People aren't going to want to spend money on a brand new technology to watch DVDs in HD, and they aren't going to want to have to buy more expensive Blueray disks to burn when the current Toshiba-backed HDDVD format will be compatible with the same, low-process DVD +/- R/RW format that's already tested and true.

You would think that Sony would eventually learn to quit trying to be so propietary. They're still trying to sell MD players...

betamax failed cause sony was the only distributor meaning they didnt share the technology unlike vhs where everyone could make vhs
thats why betamax failed

blue ray will make it bc theyre letting everyone use it and the ps3 unlike some are saying is gonna sell like hot cakes and be a lot of peoples first blue ray player just like ps2 was a lot of peoples first dvd players

blue ray players are gonna be backward compatible too with dvds

truth is nobody wants to buy hd dvd players or blue ray disc players cause everyone is happy with current dvds

sony has better name brand recognition by far than toshiba even though toshiba is good
the blue ray discs only cost more now cause demand is high
remember blank single layer dvds used to be high now theyre cheaper than vhs easy and dual layer are dropping too

it dont matter what the product is
demand dictates price always

blue ray has twice as much data as hd dvd but hd dvd will be in a lot of computers
but blue ray will be in all sony vaio computers and i think the ps3 will be what helps blue ray be the one left standing
and blue ray is a better name i think than hd dvd

it aint nuthugging saying ps3 will be better
you read specs which gives a very good indication of what the ps3 will do just like people did before xbox360 was out

gamecube sold like ****? hardly check it

Sega Dreamcast: 11 Million
Sony PlayStation 2: 100 Million
Nintendo GameCube: 20 Million
Microsoft Xbox: 22 Million

Note that Sony and Microsoft have only released the number of units shipped, while Nintendo has released the total sales. The total number of PlayStation 2's and Xbox's actually sold is less than the shipped figures.

so gc and xbox are close to tied so if gc sold like **** so did xbox

i must dispute that claim on xbox selling more total games than playstation 2 where are some figures?
theres no way in hell thats true cause xbox is a north america only console basically while ps2 is world wide
maybe xbox beat ps2 in 2004 or in 2005 but not overall theres just no way thats true for so many reasons

sleazyfellow
03-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Considering that the PS3 isn't out yet ... how can anyone claim that it wins? It's wins a special reserved spot in their blind nutthugging ways??

E

umm no ones claiming it won yet but come on...ppl r waiting for it like when dreamcast/ps2 thing..

Jarlaxle
03-09-2006, 07:54 PM
i must dispute that claim on xbox selling more total games than playstation 2 where are some figures?
theres no way in hell thats true cause xbox is a north america only console basically while ps2 is world wide
maybe xbox beat ps2 in 2004 or in 2005 but not overall theres just no way thats true for so many reasons

No the PS 2 sold more games. I said the Xbox sold more games per console. The average Xbox owner bought more games then the average PS 2 owner. In late 2004 and 2005 total software sells in total was a lot closer then hardware but Sony was still number one.

Also the thing about Nintendo counting sells instead of shipping is only true when Nintendo counts its sells. What you just posted are estimations that come from the vendors. So again thatís all shipping and itís pretty old.

LostGuy
03-10-2006, 01:49 AM
january 2006 isnt pretty old dude

oh did you know the xbox was a $1 billion loss for microsoft?

im pretty darn sure neither playstation console had losses which both ps1 and ps2 sold at least 100 million consoles

if microsoft has another loss like that they might get out of the console war all together

i agree with you badguy about not wanting microsoft out of consoles cause competition is good
its what makes the other companies have to keep trying

Golden Boy 360
02-12-2009, 08:33 PM
3 years later...........

the nintendo wii is owning everyone but games are trash
ps3 is selling more but needs a price drop
xbox 360 is going strong and the only problem is the rrod

TheCheetah
02-12-2009, 11:23 PM
PS3 destroys the X-Cox 360

AKA The Ring of Death

robjr
02-13-2009, 08:16 PM
PS3 destroys the X-Cox 360

AKA The Ring of Death

:lame:....

Naps
02-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I have both.and my 360 gets a LOT more use.