View Full Version : greatest snooker player ever

Oasis_Lad
02-04-2006, 02:01 PM
who to u was king of the crucible,lord of the cue numero uno?

1:ronnie o' sullivan hit the fastest 147 in history in 5 mins can play with both hands

2: stephen hendry the most successfull player of all time has won more ranking tournaments than anyone else

3:steve davis old carrot top was the most successfull untill hendry
came along

4:alex higgins some say he was a genius some say he's a joke what about u?

5:john higgins made history when he made 4 consecutive century breaks against ronnie o' sullivan

6: jimmy white just as holland are the greatest football team never to win the world cup is white the greates snooker player never to win the games top prize

medium-deek
02-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Gotta be the Nugget, Davis for me. I like Ronnie the fact that he can use both hands is class, but its too early to lable him the greatest. Ronnie is probably the most exciting to watch. His only won the World Championships once, I believe. Davis has won it 6 times and is still going strong at the age of 38?? Would have loved to have seen him beat Dong in the recent finals.

So, its Davis for me.

Sn1
02-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Gotta be the Nugget, Davis for me. I like Ronnie the fact that he can use both hands is class, but its too early to lable him the greatest. Ronnie is probably the most exciting to watch. His only won the World Championships once, I believe. Davis has won it 6 times and is still going strong at the age of 38?? Would have loved to have seen him beat Dong in the recent finals.

So, its Davis for me.
seeing davis beat the pot noodle would of been great,
but ding was calm, cool and calculated

medium-deek
02-04-2006, 03:13 PM
seeing davis beat the pot noodle would of been great,
but ding was calm, cool and calculated

You cant read a chinamans face. Believe me. I went to job interviews where I've been interviewed by orientals and it was a vey unpleasant experience. They never even smiled and I couldn't "read" if I was impressing them or not.

Sn1
02-04-2006, 03:41 PM
You cant read a chinamans face. Believe me. I went to job interviews where I've been interviewed by orientals and it was a vey unpleasant experience. They never even smiled and I couldn't "read" if I was impressing them or not.
ding dong dinged steve davis lol

Oasis_Lad
02-04-2006, 07:01 PM
i voted hendry i would have said o'sullivan but untill he even gets anywhere near hendrys success its gotta be hendry

Boxclever
02-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Alex Higgins was just a genius, flawed as a person but an awesome snooker player. :)

Verstyle
02-06-2006, 02:36 PM
what the hell is snooker and what do u do. jus curious :)

Boxclever
02-06-2006, 02:55 PM

The nearest equivelent would be pool but the table is about 4 times as big so much harder than pool ;)

Oasis_Lad
02-06-2006, 05:00 PM
damn my boy higgins got beat in the final :(

tenPt
02-06-2006, 05:01 PM
The nearest equivelent would be pool but the table is about 4 times as big so much harder than pool ;)

sounds interesting i might look it up

paul750
02-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Alex Higgins and Ronnie O'Sullivan are the most naturally talented, Hendry and Davis are the biggest achivers, Jimmy White is the biggest underachiever.

Mick Hucknall
02-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Stephen Hendry imo. Also a hearts fan and regular at Tynecastle

Shanus
02-19-2007, 10:34 PM
O'Sullivan is unbeatable when he's on form, other than him I'd say a young Hendry.

MickyHatton
02-20-2007, 11:12 AM
For me Steve Davis, simply because he had the overall game, attack and safety.

O'Sullivan is the most exciting but doesn't always have the temperament.

However on his day on an even table I feel he would beat all other former Champions.

My top ten.

Steve Davis 6 Time World Champion
Stephen Hendry 7 Time World Champion
Ronnie O'Sullivan 2 Time World Champion
Joe Davis 15 time World Champion
Ray Reardon 6 Time World Champion
Fred Davis 7 time World Champion
John Pullman 7 time World Champion
Alex Higgins 2 Time World Champion
John Higgins 1 Time World Champion
Jimmy White 6 Time Runner Up

adietheforestfa
02-21-2007, 07:02 PM

Play snooker free online TheSnookerClub.com . Cool site if you like snooker. If you dont its ****e.

Anyway got to be Steve "Interesting" Davis for me, plus hes the best snooker player on Question of Sport.