View Full Version : Greatest knockout puncher ever

supaduck
02-04-2006, 01:59 PM
http://media.putfile.com/julian_jackson_ruins_herol_graham

Watch this, then try and tell me there's a harder puncher than Julian Jackson. That punch would knock anybody out.

Yaman
02-04-2006, 02:06 PM
It wasn't that hard. I mean not the hardest punch ever.

That guy doesn't have a neck, ofcource he was out lol.

Oasis_Lad
02-04-2006, 02:09 PM
i remeber seeing this on channel 5 i nearly jumped out my seat it was a hell of a punch

Kid Achilles
02-04-2006, 02:13 PM
That was a sick punch but someone please put up Shavers vs. Holmes. That punch looked like it should have ripped Holmes's head off. Brutal.

supaduck
02-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Yaman-It wasn't that hard. I mean not the hardest punch ever.

That guy doesn't have a neck, ofcource he was out lol.

... It's harder than anything Tyson ever threw. It is probably in the top 3 hardest punches ever.

Kid Achilles
02-04-2006, 02:23 PM
I hope you mean P4P harder than anything Tyson threw...

Yaman
02-04-2006, 02:26 PM
That guy looks like a Cruiserweight. What the hell are you guys talking about?

That punch is nowhere near Foreman's, Tyson or Shavers' punches.

Dirt E Gomez
02-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Aye, I'll dig through my computer to see if I have the gif of Shaver's drilling Holmes. I still to this day don't know how Holmes got up, and relatively ok at that.

Dirt E Gomez
02-04-2006, 02:30 PM
http://www.photopile.com/photos/dantzu/auctions/224708.gif

Credit to Bozo for the gif.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 02:34 PM
i don't know what's the hardest ko punch ever, but without a doubt the hardest punch thrown was the sixth knockdown of joe frazier by george foreman. that punch lifted frazier off his feet. no comparison.

supaduck
02-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Yaman
That guy looks like a Cruiserweight. What the hell are you guys talking about?

That punch is nowhere near Foreman's, Tyson or Shavers' punches.

P4P, yes it is. Julian Jackson is the pound for pound hardest hitter of all time.

Yaman
02-04-2006, 02:43 PM
P4P, yes it is. Julian Jackson is the pound for pound hardest hitter of all time.

NO. He KTFO some guy with a ****ty chin.

Brockton Lip
02-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Marciano KO Walcott.
Tyson KO Johnson.

Good clip though!

Southpaw Stinger
02-04-2006, 02:47 PM
the hardest punch thrown was the sixth knockdown of joe frazier by george foreman. that punch lifted frazier off his feet. no comparison.

You're right about that!

supaduck
02-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Yaman
NO. He KTFO some guy with a ****ty chin.

lol, do you even know who Herol Graham is before you make posts like that? He may not have seen it coming, but it was still the type of punch that would remove you from your senses. Tyson im sure being about 4 stone heavier than Jackson had more power behind his shots, but Jackson could do more damage to someone of his own weight. He technically punched harder than Tyson.

Dirt E Gomez
02-04-2006, 02:58 PM
And here is Jackson getting nailed with Gerald McClellan' even harder punch.

http://www.boxingscene.com/media/data/500/20305McClellen_KO_Jackson.gif

Southpaw Stinger
02-04-2006, 02:58 PM
do more damage to someone of his own weight. He technically punched harder than Tyson.

p4p nearly always favours the lighter guy. Heavy's look a lot less impressive technically compared to the lighter guys. Just because they are slower doesn't make them worse.

Yogi
02-04-2006, 03:08 PM
but without a doubt the hardest punch thrown was the sixth knockdown of joe frazier by george foreman. that punch lifted frazier off his feet. no comparison.

That punch by Foreman didn't lift Frazier off his feet, man...Foreman landed that final right hand and there was about a half second delay that passed before Frazier went down like he did. The way Joe went down probably had much more to do with the punishment he took through the whole fight and the fact that he had absolutely no legs left, rather than one right hand that he got up from right away.

RockyMarcianofan00
02-04-2006, 03:10 PM
here's some hard hits
Marciano v Walcott
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/IrishInsomniac00/Clipboard01.jpg

George Foreman vs Joe Frazier
(this isn't thee picture its just a picture from the fight )

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/IrishInsomniac00/foremanvsfrazier.jpg
________
WEB SHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Yogi
02-04-2006, 03:13 PM
The way Marciano distorted Walcott's face in that shot it's pretty amazing Jersey Joe was able to take that one flush on the chin like that.

supaduck
02-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Fairly true, Jackson got nailed by Mclellan, a super power puncher in his own right, but I'd say overall Jackson could hit harder.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 03:18 PM
That punch by Foreman didn't lift Frazier off his feet, man...Foreman landed that final right hand and there was about a half second delay that passed before Frazier went down like he did. The way Joe went down probably had much more to do with the punishment he took through the whole fight and the fact that he had absolutely no legs left, rather than one right hand that he got up from right away.

punishment? they fought for only two rounds and frazier has a top three chin. that punch is just unreal, so what if it was a delayed reaction, the point is that punch was strong enough to seperate frazier's feet from the ground, something tyson, liston marciano, or louis could never do.

WindUpMerchant
02-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Louis' uppercut to finish off Scmeling was the hardest punch I have ever seen.

Yogi
02-04-2006, 03:31 PM
punishment? they fought for only two rounds and frazier has a top three chin. that punch is just unreal, so what if it was a delayed reaction, the point is that punch was strong enough to seperate frazier's feet from the ground, something tyson, liston marciano, or louis could never do.

Yeah punishment.

It may have been only two rounds, but when you have a guy with the power of Foreman teeing off on you and landing flush with his power shots for 5+ minutes, you're damn right that's going to be called punishment. And like I said, I don't think it was that single punch which caused Frazier to go down like he did, but had much more to do with Joe having absoltuely no legs left...Frazier was out of it some time before that final right hand landed, but if it was such a powerful punch why did a man with virtually no legs left get up from it right away?

Frazier a top three chin of all-time?

Ah...no. Maybe in your closed door fantasy world, but a fighter who gets noticably rocked in the very early rounds by Ramos, Bonavena, Stander, Foster, Ali, Quarry, etc. will definately not get top three consideration from me. Frazier had a good chin, yes...But one of the greatest chins of all-time? :rolleyes:

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Yeah punishment.

It may have been only two rounds, but when you have a guy with the power of Foreman teeing off on you and landing flush with his power shots for 5+ minutes, you're damn right that's going to be called punishment. And like I said, I don't think it was that single punch which caused Frazier to go down like he did, but had much more to do with Joe having absoltuely no legs left...Frazier was out of it some time before that final right hand landed, but if it was such a powerful punch why did a man with virtually no legs left get up from it right away?

Frazier a top three chin of all-time?

Ah...no. Maybe in your closed door fantasy world, but a fighter who gets noticably rocked in the very early rounds by Ramos, Bonavena, Stander, Foster, Ali, Quarry, etc. will definately not get top three consideration from me. Frazier had a good chin, yes...But one of the greatest chins of all-time? :rolleyes:

yes, he is top three chin. he never got ko'd and only two people floored him in his entire career, foreman, who hits harder than anyone, and bonavena who is a bad mofo himself. fraizer got up from it right away because he has a top 3 chin, but if it was anyone else besides chuvalo, foreman, and maybe ali, they would be probably in a coma.

Verstyle
02-04-2006, 03:49 PM
... It's harder than anything Tyson ever threw. It is probably in the top 3 hardest punches ever.

i know your not serious so i wont acknowledge it

Dirt E Gomez
02-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Frazier is my favorite Heavyweight of all time but he is not a top 3 chin of all time...

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Frazier is my favorite Heavyweight of all time but he is not a top 3 chin of all time...

besides chuvalo and foreman, who has a better chin than frazier?

WindUpMerchant
02-04-2006, 04:01 PM

For starters, Marciano and Ali.

Dirt E Gomez
02-04-2006, 04:02 PM

p4p I could easily name 20 people.

At Heavyweight I'd also add (off the top of my head):

Tua, Holyfield, Holmes,

Yogi
02-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Uzcudan, Jeffries, Cobb, McCall, Bethea, etc., etc.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 04:05 PM
p4p I could easily name 20 people.

At Heavyweight I'd also add (off the top of my head):

Tua, Holyfield, Holmes,

holmes definetely doesn't have a better chin, cause he actually got ko'd, by tyson and foreman punches way harder than tyson and he couldn't ko frazier. holyflield, i doubt it, and tua, i don't know enough about him to make a decision.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 04:07 PM
For starters, Marciano and Ali.

haha, marciano? this guy has one of the most overrated chins in history. he got dropped by guys with overrated punching power like moore and watcott with one punch. do you think these guys have a chance of dropping frazier? and ali got dropped by cooper and banks so enough said on that.

Yogi
02-04-2006, 04:08 PM
and tua, i don't know enough about him to make a decision.

Geezers Christ, man, if you don't know enough about one of the more well known Heavyweights of your own friggin generation, how the hell can you go around making judgements on an all-time type of scale?

Dirt E Gomez
02-04-2006, 04:10 PM
holmes definetely doesn't have a better chin, cause he actually got ko'd, by tyson and foreman punches way harder than tyson and he couldn't ko frazier. holyflield, i doubt it, and tua, i don't know enough about him to make a decision.

Holyfield went through wars and was knocked down once until he was clearly past his prime fighting better fighters (I'll pretend Bowe didn't happen for a moment). Holmes was over the hill when knocked out by Tyson, and consdering how well he got up from the Shaver's punch shown earlier in this thread to claim he has a bad chin is ludacris.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Geezers Christ, man, if you don't know enough about one of the more well known Heavyweights of your own friggin generation, how the hell can you go around making judgements on an all-time type of scale?

i don't really follow current boxing, cause it sucks! i just follow boxing history.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Holyfield went through wars and was knocked down once until he was clearly past his prime fighting better fighters (I'll pretend Bowe didn't happen for a moment). Holmes was over the hill when knocked out by Tyson, and consdering how well he got up from the Shaver's punch shown earlier in this thread to claim he has a bad chin is ludacris.

did i say holmes had a bad chin? stop putting words in my mouth i never said that, i just said that holmes doesn't have a better chin than frazier.

Dirt E Gomez
02-04-2006, 04:14 PM
did i say holmes had a bad chin? stop putting words in my mouth i never said that, i just said that holmes doesn't have a better chin than frazier.

Fine, you're still Crazy. Holmes' chin was ****ing ridiculous. Shavers and Foreman are arguably the 2 hardest hitting heavyweights of all times. Shavers knocked down Holmes once and he got up. Foreman knocked down Frazier 8 times in 2 fights?

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Fine, you're still Crazy. Holmes' chin was ****ing ridiculous. Shavers and Foreman are arguably the 2 hardest hitting heavyweights of all times. Shavers knocked down Holmes once and he got up. Foreman knocked down Frazier 8 times in 2 fights?

foreman punches harder than shavers.

Dirt E Gomez
02-04-2006, 04:32 PM

GREATEST ARGUMENT EVAR!!!!

Seriously, get the **** out of here until you learn how to debate.

Yaman
02-04-2006, 04:36 PM
lol, do you even know who Herol Graham is before you make posts like that? He may not have seen it coming, but it was still the type of punch that would remove you from your senses. Tyson im sure being about 4 stone heavier than Jackson had more power behind his shots, but Jackson could do more damage to someone of his own weight. He technically punched harder than Tyson.

Hhhhhh, its not harder than a Tyson punch and definitely not harder than a Shavers or Foreman. You said it was the hardest punch ever. I'll wipe my ass with that statement.

Yogi
02-04-2006, 04:48 PM

Maybe Foreman hits harder to some young internet poster, but according to their common opponents Shavers was the harder puncher of the two, and I've posted their quotes before that backed that statement.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Maybe Foreman hits harder to some young internet poster, but according to their common opponents Shavers was the harder puncher of the two, and I've posted their quotes before that backed that statement.

ali said shavers hit harder, cause ali was weaker when he fought shavers then when he fought foreman.

Yaman
02-04-2006, 04:51 PM
ali said shavers hit harder, cause ali was weaker when he fought shavers then when he fought foreman.

Hahahaha you have some lovely arguments.

Yogi
02-04-2006, 04:53 PM

Hmm, and I suppose you're going to find another excuse dismissing both Jimmy Young and Ron Lyle's opinion that Shavers hit harder than Foreman, as well, yes?

supaduck
02-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Hhhhhh, its not harder than a Tyson punch and definitely not harder than a Shavers or Foreman. You said it was the hardest punch ever. I'll wipe my ass with that statement.
haha, it's definitely harder than anything Tyson ever threw. Graham was knocked out for five minutes after that, I don't recall Tyson knocking anybody out for that long.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Hmm, and I suppose you're going to find another excuse dismissing both Jimmy Young and Ron Lyle's opinion that Shavers hit harder than Foreman, as well, yes?

foreman wasn't at his best when he fought young and lyle.

Kid Achilles
02-04-2006, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't rate Frazier's chin any better than Dempsey's. In fact Dempsey's chin seemed better in that he usually came back and KO'ed his opponent not long after he was rocked or knocked down whereas Frazier usually had a lot of trouble with opponents who knocked him down (Bonavena) or outright lost to them (Foreman, Ali in the second fight etc.) Frazier was mentally tough but his chin was an eight out of ten (perhaps a nine) and not even close to one of the best ever. Hell he didn't even have the best chin of his own era, let alone all time.

McCall, Jeffries, Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Quarry, Chuvalo, Galento, Tua, Uzcudan, Baer, Tyson, Cobb, and perhaps even Sam Peter just off the top of my head. I'd consider their chins (not neccesarily their ability to win fights or fight back from getting hurt but their innate ability to be unaffected by hard punches) better than Frazier's. If you want to say Frazier was one of the top three MENTALLY toughest fighters I'd agree but physically he didn't even have an all time top ten chin (for a heavyweight). In terms of P4P I don't know if his chin would crack the top 50.

Yaman
02-04-2006, 05:00 PM
haha, it's definitely harder than anything Tyson ever threw. Graham was knocked out for five minutes after that, I don't recall Tyson knocking anybody out for that long.

Well, Johnson was out on the canvas for quit some time and had his jaw broken. A few other guys i can't remember the names from.
This was a very hard punch but not the hardest ever.

sleazyfellow
02-04-2006, 05:02 PM
prolly the hardest punch is the 13th round knockout of jersey joe/marciano fight...

Yogi
02-04-2006, 05:03 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAH, and Shavers was? Holy ****.

Of course Shavers wasn't at his best at that point in time, because he still had hair when he fought Lyle & Young...That little bit of extra weight up top slowed him down some.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 05:04 PM
prolly the hardest punch is the 13th round knockout of jersey joe/marciano fight...

that is probably the most overrated punch in boxing history IMO.

Dirt E Gomez
02-04-2006, 05:06 PM
foreman wasn't at his best when he fought young and lyle.

Lyle fought Foreman in 76 and Shavers in 75.
Young fought Foreman in 77 and shavers in 73.

Take into account Shavers being older than Forman and you've got a crazy statement.

sleazyfellow
02-04-2006, 05:08 PM
that is probably the most overrated punch in boxing history IMO.

how can it be overrated, u can see still shots of the punch landing and walcotts face twisted n distorted..hell he took awhile to b revived after the punch, oh and another kickass knockout that always gets me is jersey joes winning title effort against ezzard charles, totally unexpected

Dirt E Gomez
02-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Of course Shavers wasn't at his best at that point in time, because he still had hair when he fought Lyle & Young...That little bit of extra weight up top slowed him down some.

The hair had a tremendous impact upon Ernie. I always though he should have worn a hair piece in his later career matches... allow me to MS paint what I believe he'd look like.

blockhead
02-04-2006, 05:10 PM
GREATEST ARGUMENT EVAR!!!!

Seriously, get the **** out of here until you learn how to debate.
he is a ****ing moron and the worst poster on boxing scene. it is not worth arguing with him. i have never used the ignore function until i couldnt tolerate his stupidity anymore.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 05:15 PM
how can it be overrated, u can see still shots of the punch landing and walcotts face twisted n distorted..hell he took awhile to b revived after the punch, oh and another kickass knockout that always gets me is jersey joes winning title effort against ezzard charles, totally unexpected

walcott has a glass chin. that punch wouldn't ko chuvalo, foreman, frazier, ali, or even holmes, holyfield, and tyson.

Dirt E Gomez
02-04-2006, 05:17 PM
http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/1609/earnieshavers12fv.jpg

I figure this is a mid 80's picture of him if he had hair or a wig.

sleazyfellow
02-04-2006, 05:18 PM
ok last 13 rounds with a known slugger and u have a glass jaw, i see ur logic

Yogi
02-04-2006, 05:19 PM
The hair had a tremendous impact upon Ernie. I always though he should have worn a hair piece in his later career matches... allow me to MS paint what I believe he'd look like.

"I decided to shave my head and not smile." - Earnie Shavers

Whoa, not only did his punches pick up a little steam, but it seams from that quote of his that he was also throwing them with more hurtful intentions after doing that...Obviously he went from a nice guy who probably pulled his punches to a friggin menace hellbent on destruction and all with a few flicks of a bic.

Yet the "nice guy" Earnie was still considered a harder puncher than Big George.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 05:22 PM

rocky is unskilled and a wild swinger, watcott lasted that long cause rocky was missing alot.

El Guapo
02-04-2006, 05:26 PM
tht wernt hard it were just in the middle of his punch whilest he was moving,
try watchin ufc!!!!!
brad kohler knocked out a guy with 1 clean punch, much more impressive than that one

Yogi
02-04-2006, 05:27 PM

Yep, that's Butterfly's logic...A guy lasts 13 rounds with one of the p4p hardest hitters of all-time before getting knocked out, then you have a glass chin. Yet you last not even a minute before getting rocked badly by a less than mediocre fighter like Manuel Ramos and he'll see you as having one of the top three chins of all-time.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 05:27 PM
he is a ****ing moron and the worst poster on boxing scene. it is not worth arguing with him. i have never used the ignore function until i couldnt tolerate his stupidity anymore.

stfu you friggin' flamer, you seem to like to follow me around this forum ******, why don't you find something better to do, idiot! :mad:

supaduck
02-04-2006, 05:28 PM
tht wernt hard it were just in the middle of his punch whilest he was moving,
try watchin ufc!!!!!
brad kohler knocked out a guy with 1 clean punch, much more impressive than that one

Whatevwer man, Julian Jackson's still the p4p hardest hitter ever. And btw, you talk BS. If you think that wasn't hard, your a ****ing nut.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Yep, that's Butterfly's logic...A guy lasts 13 rounds with one of the p4p hardest hitters of all-time before getting knocked out, then you have a glass chin. Yet you last not even a minute before getting rocked badly by a less than mediocre fighter like Manuel Ramos and he'll see you as having one of the top three chins of all-time.

and who made up that "p4p" list? white guys, that's who. rocky is white, you do the math.

blockhead
02-04-2006, 05:29 PM
buttfly should be banned due to idiocy.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 05:29 PM

flaming again, this guy never suprises me anymore.

Dirt E Gomez
02-04-2006, 05:30 PM

I should be given 5 billion points for my ingenius picture of an 80's Shavers with hair.

dansweeney
02-04-2006, 05:30 PM
George foreman

Yogi
02-04-2006, 05:33 PM
he is a ****ing moron and the worst poster on boxing scene. it is not worth arguing with him.

I used to like Butterfly quite a bit and enjoyed a couple of discussions with him in the past. But nowadays I'm more inclined to agree to an extent with your comments here, because until he grows out of his "everything revolves around Ali" bull****, he's really become too much.

supaduck
02-04-2006, 05:33 PM
What the? What about him?

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 05:35 PM
I used to like Butterfly quite a bit and enjoyed a couple of discussions with him in the past. But nowadays I'm more inclined to agree to an extent with your comments here, because until he grows out of his "everything revolves around Ali" bull****, he's really become too much.

haha, to me everything revolves around ali? if i think he's the best hw, then that's my opinion.

sleazyfellow
02-04-2006, 05:36 PM
its all speculation and debating about things like this so i dont take it so personally as others lol...but here are my top three all time heaviest hitters 1. foreman 2. tyson 3. marciano but i beleive foreman if he used a diffrent fighting style such as marciano and tyson did, the bobbing n weaving and putting all the weight behind their punches, he would of murdered sumone in the ring.

supaduck
02-04-2006, 05:36 PM
I disagree with him (Butterfly) on several points, but that's no reason for me to dislike him. He usually makes interesting points.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 05:37 PM
its all speculation and debating about things like this so i dont take it so personally as others lol...but here are my top three all time heaviest hitters 1. foreman 2. tyson 3. marciano but i beleive foreman if he used a diffrent fighting style such as marciano and tyson did, the bobbing n weaving and putting all the weight behind their punches, he would of murdered sumone in the ring.

definetely.

Dirt E Gomez
02-04-2006, 05:42 PM

And that is just crazy. Tyson as the heaviest hitter in spot #2? Hahahahaha, I peed my pants laughing. He had short quick punches and his flurries were excellent in his prime. His 1 shot KO power was nothing like Foreman's and Shavers' though.

Yogi
02-04-2006, 05:43 PM
haha, to me everything revolves around ali?

Uh, in boxing circles it certainly seems like it does.

Dempsey 1919
02-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Uh, in boxing circles it certainly seems like it does.

well, in some posts i do downgrade ali in some aspects to other fighters once in a while.

Yaman
02-04-2006, 05:54 PM
And that is just crazy. Tyson as the heaviest hitter in spot #2? Hahahahaha, I peed my pants laughing. He had short quick punches and his flurries were excellent in his prime. His 1 shot KO power was nothing like Foreman's and Shavers' though.

He is probably #3 but who knows? You and me were never hit by Tyson in the ring. Including Ali claiming that Shavers hit the hardest.

Its
1-Foreman
2-Shavers
3-Tyson

But maybe diffirent.

supaduck
02-05-2006, 04:52 AM
It is. it's actually something like this:

1)Jackson
2)Shavers
3)Foreman
24)Tyson

Southpaw Stinger
02-05-2006, 08:30 AM
1-Foreman
2-Shavers
3-Tyson

I agree with that, pretty much.

Yaman
02-05-2006, 11:06 AM
It is. it's actually something like this:

1)Jackson
2)Shavers
3)Foreman
24)Tyson

Im interested, who are all the other guys?

supaduck
02-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Guys like Sonny Liston, Gerald McClellan, David Tua, Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, many more, and a lot of guys at lighter weights too. Im not saying they were all better punchers than him, but there were a good few with more force behind their digs.

Yaman
02-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Tyson's punches were FAST. Mixed with power. Thats why he could punch so hard. Watch some older fights of him and you'll see that when he doesn't hit them perfectly, he still KTFO them out. Look at the Berbick punch. Did that look so hard to make him fall down 3 times? Tua and Liston were slower with their punches, Louis and Dempsey were lighter.

supaduck
02-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Your right, he made up for any lack of power (i.e less than Foreman's power)with his speed. But my point is he wasn't a one punch knockout artist like Julian Jackson, as in, there wasn't as much p4p force behind his hits.

El Guapo
02-05-2006, 12:36 PM
i dont see herbie hide(young) on any of those lists.
herbie hide v conroy ????- he was really tall and quite big! american i think, herbie banged him out cold for about 10-15 minutes after the fight!.

koco316
02-05-2006, 12:54 PM
That Guy Got Knocked Out Clean. He Caught Him Square On The Chin. A Great Knock Out, But Not The Greatest.

supaduck
02-05-2006, 01:00 PM
I Agree, He Hit Him Square On The Chin, Totally Knocking Him Out, One Of The Greatest Knockouts Ever.

Why do you put capitals at the start of every word?

El Guapo
02-05-2006, 01:15 PM
brad kohler from ufc!!!
http://bjj.org/susumu/ufc22/images/uf22br02.jpg

RockyMarcianofan00
02-05-2006, 04:25 PM
the hardest hitters in hw history are somethin like
Foreman
Marciano

Tyson would probably be 4 behind Joe Frazier

i never seen Shavers fight but i've never heard his name metioned either when i talk about hard hitters so.
________
Nexium Lawyers (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

cple
02-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Greatest knockout puncher ever? I gotta say Joe Louis. Like i have said many times before, no one in the heavyweight division had Joe's mix of power, handspeed, technique, accuracy, precision, and combination punching. Watching Joe throw punches is simply beautiful.

Dirt E Gomez
02-05-2006, 05:35 PM
the hardest hitters in hw history are somethin like
Foreman
Marciano

Tyson would probably be 4 behind Joe Frazier

i never seen Shavers fight but i've never heard his name metioned either when i talk about hard hitters so.

This has to be a joke... you've never heard of Ernie Shavers? The guy is a KO machine. HE fought through like 3 decades and did nothing but KO people. He has the heaviest hands, or close to it in the heavyweight division ever. He finished his career with 73 wins with 67 knockouts for almost a 92% KO ratio... Or just look at the gif earlier in this thread of him KD'ing Holmes.

Dempsey 1919
02-05-2006, 05:47 PM
the greatest knock out puncher ever is "big" george foreman. period. ;)

Yaman
02-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Man, Larry Holmes must have the most underrated chin ever. HOW THE **** DID HE GET UP FROM THAT??

Southpaw Stinger
02-05-2006, 06:02 PM
the greatest knock out puncher ever is "big" george foreman. period.

I agree 100%!

Ernie shavers is a close second.

RockyMarcianofan00
02-05-2006, 08:36 PM
the greatest knock out puncher ever is "big" george foreman. period. ;)

very true
:boxing:
________
VAPORIZER WIKI (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

Verstyle
02-05-2006, 08:43 PM
jus curious why wasnt julian jackson a hall of famer or did he have a suck ass chin and jus power

Kid Achilles
02-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Foreman is certainly not the greatest knock out puncher, not by a longshot. He wasn't even one of the ten greatest knockout punchers. One of the hardest punchers yes, but he was not a one punch knockout specialist. Louis, Dempsey, Shavers at heavyweight and Julian Jackson, Tommy Hearns, Ray Robinson etc. in other weight classes were all guys who took many opponents out with one shot.

Foreman hammered his knockout victims to the canvas with powerful blows. He was not however a one punch KO artist. He lacked the speed, finesse, and coordination to deliver the one punch KO. In fact, I can't think of any fight where Foreman took a guy out with a single punch as Robinson, Louis, and Jackson did many times in their careers.

Dempsey 1919
02-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Foreman is certainly not the greatest knock out puncher, not by a longshot. He wasn't even one of the ten greatest knockout punchers. One of the hardest punchers yes, but he was not a one punch knockout specialist. Louis, Dempsey, Shavers at heavyweight and Julian Jackson, Tommy Hearns, Ray Robinson etc. in other weight classes were all guys who took many opponents out with one shot.

Foreman hammered his knockout victims to the canvas with powerful blows. He was not however a one punch KO artist. He lacked the speed, finesse, and coordination to deliver the one punch KO. In fact, I can't think of any fight where Foreman took a guy out with a single punch as Robinson, Louis, and Jackson did many times in their careers.

cause the guys they fought had weak chins compared to the guys foreman fought.

Kid Achilles
02-06-2006, 01:33 AM
Yeah I'm so sure everyone in the 70's had better chins than the heavyweights in every other era. You're so full of **** it's sickening. Foreman was perhaps the hardest puncher of all time, or one of the hardest, but that does not translate to him being the GREATEST knockout puncher of all time. That title goes to Joe Louis. In fact even Tyson was a greater KO puncher than Foreman, despite having less power. KO's are not all about power, they are a product of timing, force, quickness, positioning, and accuracy.

If you were to measure Joe Louis's punches on a power meter and then Foreman's, I agree that Foreman would score higher. BUT Louis was a far more efficient one-punch knockout fighter because of his overall skill in setting up and delivering a sudden, precise, knockout punch.

So if you want to go ahead and claim Foreman the hardest puncher of all time go on ahead, but drop this **** about him being the greatest one-punch knockout puncher which is BS. Name one instance where Foreman KO'ed a guy with a single punch, just one. Oh, I guess they were all wearing their cast iron chins the day Foreman was fighting them.

Everything you say on this forum is done with an agenda of building up Ali and his opponents. It's plain and obvious and nearly everyone is on to it so why not give it a rest. People are starting to get sick of it.

You seem like an okay guy for the most part but the cheerleading is nauseating. Please stop. Thanks.

El Guapo
02-06-2006, 02:47 PM
john l sullivan

catskills23
02-06-2006, 03:05 PM
I am sick of hearing this crap about tyson having overrated power . Tyson was the heaviest hitter in the heavyweight division ever. His punches made more noise on impact than shavers and foreman therefore he punched harder .

Dempsey 1919
02-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah I'm so sure everyone in the 70's had better chins than the heavyweights in every other era. You're so full of **** it's sickening. Foreman was perhaps the hardest puncher of all time, or one of the hardest, but that does not translate to him being the GREATEST knockout puncher of all time. That title goes to Joe Louis. In fact even Tyson was a greater KO puncher than Foreman, despite having less power. KO's are not all about power, they are a product of timing, force, quickness, positioning, and accuracy.

If you were to measure Joe Louis's punches on a power meter and then Foreman's, I agree that Foreman would score higher. BUT Louis was a far more efficient one-punch knockout fighter because of his overall skill in setting up and delivering a sudden, precise, knockout punch.

So if you want to go ahead and claim Foreman the hardest puncher of all time go on ahead, but drop this **** about him being the greatest one-punch knockout puncher which is BS. Name one instance where Foreman KO'ed a guy with a single punch, just one. Oh, I guess they were all wearing their cast iron chins the day Foreman was fighting them.

Everything you say on this forum is done with an agenda of building up Ali and his opponents. It's plain and obvious and nearly everyone is on to it so why not give it a rest. People are starting to get sick of it.

You seem like an okay guy for the most part but the cheerleading is nauseating. Please stop. Thanks.

alright, but if foreman was taught the proper technique then he would be the best ko puncher ever by far.

Southpaw Stinger
02-06-2006, 05:16 PM
I am sick of hearing this crap about tyson having overrated power . Tyson was the heaviest hitter in the heavyweight division ever. His punches made more noise on impact than shavers and foreman therefore he punched harder .

It's widely regarded Foreman and shavers + many others hit harder than Tyson. Your basing your argument on the fact that Tysons punches made more noise?!?! Just means the camera had a more isolated audio whilst filming!

Dempsey 1919
02-06-2006, 05:19 PM
It's widely regarded Foreman and shavers + many others hit harder than Tyson. Your basing your argument on the fact that Tysons punches made more noise?!?! Just means the camera had a more isolated audio whilst filming!

yeah, that doesn't make any sense to me either.

Heckler
02-06-2006, 05:20 PM
haha, marciano? this guy has one of the most overrated chins in history. he got dropped by guys with overrated punching power like moore and watcott with one punch. do you think these guys have a chance of dropping frazier? and ali got dropped by cooper and banks so enough said on that.

**** the things you come out with can be plain stupid. Marciano got dropped by good punches at got straight up. Ali was dropped by cooper and banks BEFORE his physical peak. You nuthug Ali on things you shouldn't, then discredit him on his best qualities. If ANYTHING you should be giving him credit for having the best Jaw in Heavyweight history on par with Larry Holmes, and you will have a hard time finding a sportswriter, or boxing historian... even those who hate Ali... that would say he has a **** Jaw.

TheGreat1
02-06-2006, 05:22 PM
http://media.putfile.com/julian_jackson_ruins_herol_graham

Watch this, then try and tell me there's a harder puncher than Julian Jackson. That punch would knock anybody out.

not bad but i think Old Foreman KOing Moorer was much worse, And young foreman was the best

Dempsey 1919
02-06-2006, 05:23 PM

it's funny how everytime i post, you mention me trying to make ali look good, even though i seldom mention ali in most of my posts. i say what i have to say cause i think it's true, not to build another fighter up i haven't even mentioned. stop being so judgemental.

Heckler
02-06-2006, 05:24 PM

Agreed. Butterfly you seem alright, im an Ali fan myself... but he was no GOD, and frankly... sometimes you just have to shuthe****up. Especially with the Joe Louis bashing. Joe Louis was more accurate, more explosive and hit with superb technique... KO artist.. id say the brown bomber also.

Dempsey 1919
02-06-2006, 05:27 PM
**** the things you come out with can be plain stupid. Marciano got dropped by good punches at got straight up. Ali was dropped by cooper and banks BEFORE his physical peak. You nuthug Ali on things you shouldn't, then discredit him on his best qualities. If ANYTHING you should be giving him credit for having the best Jaw in Heavyweight history on par with Larry Holmes, and you will have a hard time finding a sportswriter, or boxing historian... even those who hate Ali... that would say he has a **** Jaw.

i didn't say marciano had a bad chin. i just said he had an overrated chin, cause some people say he had the best chin in boxing history. and ali doesn't have a better chin than frazier. sure copper dropped him when he wasn't in his prime, but i doubt a 188lb. man like cooper could drop frazier, even when frazier just started boxing. remember ali got dropped by cooper and banks at the start of his career. frazier got dropped by oscar bonavena at the start of his career. who would you rather get dropped by?

Heckler
02-06-2006, 05:39 PM
i didn't say marciano had a bad chin. i just said he had an overrated chin, cause some people say he had the best chin in boxing history. and ali doesn't have a better chin than frazier. sure copper dropped him when he wasn't in his prime, but i doubt a 188lb. man like cooper could drop frazier, even when frazier just started boxing. remember ali got dropped by cooper and banks at the start of his career. frazier got dropped by oscar bonavena at the start of his career. who would you rather get dropped by?

Dude, people do not peak physically at the same time. CLAY getting dropped at the start of his career is irrelevant completely, for his physical makeup was different in 66-67, you can see before his layoff he had become larger and had significantly better punching power. Frazier had a good chin, but the best? youve lost it dude. Frazier was wobbled multiple times by Ali in Manila. Ali was hit by Frazier in his own words 'i hit him with shots that would of brought the walls of a city down' and he was right. Ali wasn't as powerful as you like to make out sometimes, but he definately had a great chin if not the greatest. Getting up from possibly the greatest left hook ever seen? he got hit by some huge shots by Foreman, going with Shavers, Lyle etc. I really dont know HOW you come to these ridiculous conclusions.

Heckler
02-06-2006, 05:46 PM
And why are you always bring weight into it. It plays a big part but ****, its not everything. Jack dempsey was what 180-190? he brought down 6'7 200 pound willard like he was nothing... with sheer power. Cooper throught a beautiful right that caught Ali as he was moving into it.

Dempsey 1919
02-06-2006, 05:54 PM
And why are you always bring weight into it. It plays a big part but ****, its not everything. Jack dempsey was what 180-190? he brought down 6'7 200 pound willard like he was nothing... with sheer power. Cooper throught a beautiful right that caught Ali as he was moving into it.

dempsey was about 195 and willard was 245.

and if cooper punched that hard, then he would be more well known than he is.

and the frazier knockdown of ali was overrated, it came mostly cause ali was exhausted after 15 rounds of fighting.

Kid Achilles
02-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Ali had a much better chin than Frazier. Getting up from a lot of knockdowns does not mean you have a great chin, it means you have good recuperative power and that you have a lot of heart (Ali also had both in addition to his chin). Chin means how well you can absorb a hard shot without it's effects showing. Ali caught a lot of hard shots from Foreman and Shavers without being visibly rocked while Frazier was staggered by lesser hitters like Ron Stander and nearly had his career derailed by Oscar Bonavena.

For the record I'd rather take Bonavena's best than get hit by Cooper's bread and butter punch, the left hook. Bonavena was heavy-handed and an exceptionally strong guy but Cooper was a more accurate, more explosive knockout puncher (with the left hand) and put his whole bodyweight behind his hook.

Heckler
02-06-2006, 06:21 PM
dempsey was about 195 and willard was 245.

and the frazier knockdown of ali was overrated, it came mostly cause ali was exhausted after 15 rounds of fighting.

What so punching hard makes you a great boxer? **** using that logic earnie shavers is the greatest boxer of all time?... Cooper wasn't the HARDEST hitter but he was powerful, and it was a beautifully timed hook that CLAY walked into... its irrelevant when analyzing Ali's jaw. The punch Frazier threw was not primarily a result of exhaustion. It is dubbed by boxing historians as one of the greatest left hooks ever landed. It was beautifully timed, thrown with immense power and technique, if you cant see how good a punch that is theres something wrong with you. And Jack Dempsey was about 187 pounds.

Oasis_Lad
02-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Ali had a much better chin than Frazier. Getting up from a lot of knockdowns does not mean you have a great chin, it means you have good recuperative power and that you have a lot of heart (Ali also had both in addition to his chin). Chin means how well you can absorb a hard shot without it's effects showing. Ali caught a lot of hard shots from Foreman and Shavers without being visibly rocked while Frazier was staggered by lesser hitters like Ron Stander and nearly had his career derailed by Oscar Bonavena.

For the record I'd rather take Bonavena's best than get hit by Cooper's bread and butter punch, the left hook. Bonavena was heavy-handed and an exceptionally strong guy but Cooper was a more accurate, more explosive knockout puncher (with the left hand) and put his whole bodyweight behind his hook.agree 100% with this

Dempsey 1919
02-06-2006, 06:41 PM
What so punching hard makes you a great boxer? **** using that logic earnie shavers is the greatest boxer of all time?... Cooper wasn't the HARDEST hitter but he was powerful, and it was a beautifully timed hook that CLAY walked into... its irrelevant when analyzing Ali's jaw. The punch Frazier threw was not primarily a result of exhaustion. It is dubbed by boxing historians as one of the greatest left hooks ever landed. It was beautifully timed, thrown with immense power and technique, if you cant see how good a punch that is theres something wrong with you. And Jack Dempsey was about 187 pounds.

i'm not saying that more power makes you a better boxer, but if he was as powerful as you say, then when people mention heavy hitters and such, henry cooper would come to mind as well, wouldn't he? and again, the punch frazier floored ali with was not that powerful, frazier hit him with harder shots in that fight, ali said it, and frazier said it. ali said that he was tired and the next big shot that hit him he would have went down. frazier said it was a pretty good shot, but, "i hit him with better punches than that on that night." (i don't know if thats exactly how he quoted it, but it was something to that effect.) and i would rather believe the person who felt the punch (ali) and the person who threw the punch (frazier) than you who just listened to biased boxing historians on the web and on t.v.

Yogi
02-06-2006, 06:49 PM

He is very well known, Butterfly, and I venture to say that he's probably one of the better known Heavyweights of that era...Very popular on British soils (how many fighters are granted knighthood?), and was certainly one of the biggest draws in all of boxing during that time period of the 60's.

And in his left hook, Cooper probably had one of the better punches in the Heavyweight division at that time. He threw it by the book and with quickness, therefore he was able to generate some very good power out of it...In addition to dropping Ali with it, Sir Henry also nearly killed poor Joe Erskine with that punch, as a left hook left Erskine hanging grotesquely on the bottom rope. I'm not saying Cooper is one of the elite punchers in history because he's not...but he certainly hit hard enough that if caught somebody with that punch he's, more often than not, going to hurt them with it.

Dempsey 1919
02-06-2006, 06:52 PM
He is very well known, Butterfly, and I venture to say that he's probably one of the better known Heavyweights of that era...Very popular on British soils (how many fighters are granted knighthood?), and was certainly one of the biggest draws in all of boxing during that time period of the 60's.

And in his left hook, Cooper probably had one of the better punches in the Heavyweight division at that time. He threw it by the book and with quickness, therefore he was able to generate some very good power out of it...In addition to dropping Ali with it, Sir Henry also nearly killed poor Joe Erskine with that punch, as a left hook left Erskine hanging grotesquely on the bottom rope. I'm not saying Cooper is one of the elite punchers in history because he's not...but he certainly hit hard enough that if caught somebody with that punch he's, more often than not, going to hurt them with it.

once again, you've amazed me with your boxing knowledge! :) well done!

Yogi
02-06-2006, 06:58 PM
once again, you've amazed me with your boxing knowledge! :) well done!

Are you trying to suck up to me a little bit, Butterfly? ;)

Heckler
02-06-2006, 07:03 PM
i'm not saying that more power makes you a better boxer, but if he was as powerful as you say, then when people mention heavy hitters and such, henry cooper would come to mind as well, wouldn't he? and again, the punch frazier floored ali with was not that powerful, frazier hit him with harder shots in that fight, ali said it, and frazier said it. ali said that he was tired and the next big shot that hit him he would have went down. frazier said it was a pretty good shot, but, "i hit him with better punches than that on that night." (i don't know if thats exactly how he quoted it, but it was something to that effect.) and i would rather believe the person who felt the punch (ali) and the person who threw the punch (frazier) than you who just listened to biased boxing historians on the web and on t.v.

It was POWERFUL, and its hilarious listening to you talking about BIASED historians considering your the most slanted person i have ever come across in regard to boxing arguments. The boxing historians i take note of aren't blinded by their love for particular boxers like you often are and analyze fights fairly. That punch was POWERFUL, it was thrown with beautiful technique and power results from this.

Dempsey 1919
02-06-2006, 07:12 PM
It was POWERFUL, and its hilarious listening to you talking about BIASED historians considering your the most slanted person i have ever come across in regard to boxing arguments. The boxing historians i take note of aren't blinded by their love for particular boxers like you often are and analyze fights fairly. That punch was POWERFUL, it was thrown with beautiful technique and power results from this.

this is amazing, so you deny that ali and frazier said this and still say that punch was that hard, again ali said he was tired and the punch henry cooper hit him with was harder. and frazier said that he hit him with better shots in that fight than the one that floored ali.

Heckler
02-06-2006, 08:13 PM
this is amazing, so you deny that ali and frazier said this and still say that punch was that hard, again ali said he was tired and the punch henry cooper hit him with was harder. and frazier said that he hit him with better shots in that fight than the one that floored ali.

First i would have to take what you say as gospel... which i dont. Nothing that what Frazier or Ali said implies that it WASN'T A GOOD SHOT. Whether there were better shots thrown in that fight is subjective, whether that shot was a good or not... is not subjective... without a doubt it was a BRILLIANT shot, if you cant see this your retarded. And please backup your 'quotes' with some evidence.

Dempsey 1919
02-06-2006, 08:39 PM
First i would have to take what you say as gospel... which i dont. Nothing that what Frazier or Ali said implies that it WASN'T A GOOD SHOT. Whether there were better shots thrown in that fight is subjective, whether that shot was a good or not... is not subjective... without a doubt it was a BRILLIANT shot, if you cant see this your retarded. And please backup your 'quotes' with some evidence.

read "smokin joe" and you would see that frazier said that.

Kid Achilles
02-06-2006, 08:46 PM
No one is saying it's the best punch Frazier threw in his life but that doesn't mean it wasn't a goddamn good punch. This is a stupid point to argue because it was a very good punch and would have knocked most heavyweights down or out. It was also thrown late in the fight when Ali was tired. Ali going down from that punch is no knock on his chin and being dropped by Frazier after 14 grueling rounds is far less embarassing than being staggered by Ron Stander.

The more important point here is that Ali had a better chin than Frazier. Frazier was a great fighter but his chin just wasn't the best. What he had was unbelievable willpower; his body would probably stand up on it's own accord if Foreman had decapitated him with an uppercut, just out of instinct.

Stiv Rex
02-06-2006, 09:10 PM
i hear a bunch of bull**** all over this post, i stopped reading all the posts after the first 10 or so.

that punch wasnt that bad, the guy he knocked out was obviously chinny. what punch was he out with anyway? its a chopping right hook with NO followthrough and he doesnt snap it back. basicly it was a clubbing shot, which isnt even the most powerful way to punch. plus the guy is moving into the punch, he takes it flush, that knockout isnt that big a deal.

no way he hits harder than tyson, thats just retarded to say.

tyson DID lift people off the mat, zouski, ruddick, and thomas.

didnt shavers knock a guy out with his shoulder? that is, he threw a cross at a guy who was peek a booing behind his shoulder. the punch hit the shoulder the guys head was ducking behind and popped the shoulder into the chin, took him out.

didnt sonny liston straighten out the s-hooks on the heavy bag swivels with regularity?

and julian jackson is the hardest hitter of all time? please

Brassangel
02-06-2006, 09:22 PM
There were a lot of fighters who hit harder than that punch. Nonetheless, it was a good looking shot.

That was harder than anything Tyson threw...right...someone needs a diaper change when discussing Iron Mike.

Heckler
02-06-2006, 09:22 PM
read "smokin joe" and you would see that frazier said that.

Where did you hear or read about Ali saying that the cooper shot was better then the frazier left hook?

Dempsey 1919
02-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Where did you hear or read about Ali saying that the cooper shot was better then the frazier left hook?

I believe it was "Facing Ali" in the section on Henry Cooper.

Verstyle
02-06-2006, 10:58 PM
i hear a bunch of bull**** all over this post, i stopped reading all the posts after the first 10 or so.

that punch wasnt that bad, the guy he knocked out was obviously chinny. what punch was he out with anyway? its a chopping right hook with NO followthrough and he doesnt snap it back. basicly it was a clubbing shot, which isnt even the most powerful way to punch. plus the guy is moving into the punch, he takes it flush, that knockout isnt that big a deal.

no way he hits harder than tyson, thats just retarded to say.

tyson DID lift people off the mat, zouski, ruddick, and thomas.

didnt shavers knock a guy out with his shoulder? that is, he threw a cross at a guy who was peek a booing behind his shoulder. the punch hit the shoulder the guys head was ducking behind and popped the shoulder into the chin, took him out.

didnt sonny liston straighten out the s-hooks on the heavy bag swivels with regularity?

and julian jackson is the hardest hitter of all time? please

eddie richardson and this guy whose last name was young. with richardson it was a frazier left hook and with young it was an uppercut and he literally flew like 3 feet in the air
:eek:

Kid Achilles
02-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Joe Louis also lifted 235 pound Galento off the canvas with a left hook.

Dempsey 1919
02-06-2006, 11:28 PM
No one is saying it's the best punch Frazier threw in his life but that doesn't mean it wasn't a goddamn good punch. This is a stupid point to argue because it was a very good punch and would have knocked most heavyweights down or out. It was also thrown late in the fight when Ali was tired. Ali going down from that punch is no knock on his chin and being dropped by Frazier after 14 grueling rounds is far less embarassing than being staggered by Ron Stander.

The more important point here is that Ali had a better chin than Frazier. Frazier was a great fighter but his chin just wasn't the best. What he had was unbelievable willpower; his body would probably stand up on it's own accord if Foreman had decapitated him with an uppercut, just out of instinct.

never said it wasn't a good punch. it just wasn't as hard as some people thought.

wmute
02-06-2006, 11:44 PM
ali said shavers hit harder than foreman and holmes said shavers hit harder than tyson.

(as a sidenote holmes said when shavers KDed him he got up fast because the punch was so unlike anything he has been hit by until then AND AFTERWARDS that the punch waked him up.

of course foreman, liston, louis, tyson hit harder than lower weight fighters but p4p there are some very interesting punchers: hearns, jackson, g-man, bazooka gomez, sandy saddler, ray robinson (knocked ppl out moving back), and holy **** I was forgetting bob foster.

supaduck
02-07-2006, 08:26 AM
don't forget Nigel Benn.

jabsRstiff
02-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Julian Jackson is the hardest puncher, lb4lb, I have ever seen.
He knocked world-class oppostion unconscious with a single blow, on several occasions.
He could be badly losing a fight, & suddenly end it with one shot.

Joe Louis, however, is the best puncher ever. This means, he was the most proficient & efficient powerhitter the game has ever seen.

Southpaw Stinger
02-07-2006, 11:11 AM
ali said shavers hit harder than foreman and holmes said shavers hit harder than tyson.

Foremans punchers were too long and looked foolish in the Rumble in the jungle.

Ali also said this about his opponents,
Foreman was the strongest, Liston was the scariest and Frazier was the toughest.

supaduck
02-07-2006, 11:20 AM
True, he said that in Soul Of A Butterfly.

El Guapo
02-07-2006, 01:05 PM
the guy who julian was fighting was a dodger, he never stopped moving throughout the fight and julian was getting checked by the doc regulary, that was the last round he was able to fight said the doc, and the koed guy sorta knew this and eased up with his moving,thus ending up on the tip of julians right hand. watch the whole fight, youll see!

wmute
02-07-2006, 02:42 PM
don't forget Nigel Benn.

yes very good point, and we are probably forgetting some oldtimer in lower weight classes

Kid Achilles
02-07-2006, 02:55 PM
For his size, Jimmy Wilde deserves mention. He weighed around 100 pounds and KO'ed guys 50-60 pounds heavier. He was not only immensely powerful for his size, but had very quick hands and a great sense of timing. P4P perhaps the hardest puncher in boxing history.

http://coxscorner.tripod.com/Images/wilde.jpg

Heckler
02-07-2006, 05:39 PM
For his size, Jimmy Wilde deserves mention. He weighed around 100 pounds and KO'ed guys 50-60 pounds heavier. He was not only immensely powerful for his size, but had very quick hands and a great sense of timing. P4P perhaps the hardest puncher in boxing history.

Yeah but he looks so stupid lol. Sorry, just had to comment on that.

Dempsey 1919
02-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Yeah but he looks so stupid lol. Sorry, just had to comment on that.

yeah, he does, lol!! :D :D

Kid Achilles
02-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Looks like Tobey Maguire in that picture.

Dempsey 1919
02-07-2006, 06:38 PM

http://www.ota.com.br/comics/infinity/Mad182p.jpg

Yogi
02-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Butterfly, you shouldn't be so mean to a guy who Ali was said to have copied somewhat stylewise.

Kid Achilles
02-07-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't see the Mad thing, he looks more like Maguire.

Dempsey 1919
02-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Butterfly, you shouldn't be so mean to a guy who Ali was said to have copied somewhat stylewise.

i'm just saying that there is a striking resemblance, that's all. no malice intended, just all in good fun. :)

Yogi
02-07-2006, 06:51 PM
no malice intended, just all in good fun. :)

Oh, I know you're just teasing the little guy, Butterfly.

supaduck
02-16-2006, 07:00 AM
Oh btw, Jackson has more awesome KOs than just that one.

El Guapo
02-16-2006, 07:31 AM
so do my socks, come on, hes not that great, ok, check this out!here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5283560580659792584&q=ufc)

LHWchamp5
02-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Fedor, he destroyed gary goodridge in the first round, gary didnt' even throw a punch...

Gary goodridge = body builder/arm wrestler turned MMA guy in like 93, He's ranked top 10HW and Fedor utterly destroyed him, it was quite impressive, if that doesn't get ya, Fedor KO'd zuluzhino in like 30secs with only 2punches.. The guy is a real life terminator..

wmute
02-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Fedor, he destroyed gary goodridge in the first round, gary didnt' even throw a punch...

Gary goodridge = body builder/arm wrestler turned MMA guy in like 93, He's ranked top 10HW and Fedor utterly destroyed him, it was quite impressive, if that doesn't get ya, Fedor KO'd zuluzhino in like 30secs with only 2punches.. The guy is a real life terminator..

are the 2 facts in bold connected?

blockhead
02-16-2006, 03:11 PM
i dont know if anyone has said this but, archie moore.

LHWchamp5
02-16-2006, 03:23 PM
are the 2 facts in bold connected?

Yes 1 describes how he was beat adn the other gives a description of the fighter's history...
by the way fight was in 2003, so the guy had many years experience, the fact that was a pro body builder and arm wrestling champion shows the power and strength this man has..

For Fedor to go in and beat his ass in within 3mins, not by a lucky punch, but by multiple punches, gary couldn't defend or counter, he was rockedd dropped to the ground, fedor continued to kick and punch him and the fight was stopped..

Fedor = crazy KO power..

RockyMarcianofan00
02-16-2006, 03:35 PM
very true he was had some good KO punches hard hitter
he had i think like a 120 or 140 ko's or somehitng
________
butt Cams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/anal-sex/)

Dempsey 1919
02-16-2006, 03:36 PM

p4p, maybe.

RockyMarcianofan00
02-16-2006, 03:41 PM
p4p, maybe.
p4p or not ya can't take the fact taht he had more KO's then anyone else in the hw division (or any other division i believe)
________
Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.tv/)

Dempsey 1919
02-16-2006, 03:53 PM
p4p or not ya can't take the fact taht he had more KO's then anyone else in the hw division (or any other division i believe)

didn't foreman have the most?

Southpaw Stinger
02-16-2006, 03:59 PM

Foreman had the highest persentage but Moore had the most. Moore fought like over 200 bouts or somthing! I'm amazed he didn't have serious brain damage after such a big career.

Kid Achilles
02-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Foreman scored less than half the KO's that Moore did. 68 to 141 KO's.

Southpaw Stinger
02-16-2006, 04:02 PM
But Foreman fought less than half the fights that Moore did.

lopez12
02-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Shavers,Jackson,Foreman in no particular order

Dempsey 1919
Foreman scored less than half the KO's that Moore did. 68 to 141 KO's.

i'm talking about moore's hw ko's.

Yogi

If you're asking specific to the Heavyweight division, Butterfly, I don't believe I've heard of anybody having more than George Godfrey, who had about 85 KO's in that division to his credit.

Can somebody think of or point out someone else?

Dempsey 1919
02-16-2006, 04:05 PM
If you're asking specific to the Heavyweight division, Butterfly, I don't believe I've heard of anybody having more than George Godfrey, who had about 85 KO's in that division to his credit.

Can somebody think of or point out someone else?

damn, you're starting to scare me!

Yogi
02-16-2006, 04:06 PM
damn, you're starting to scare me!

Huh? :( :confused:

Southpaw Stinger
02-16-2006, 04:08 PM
I've been scared of him since my very first literacy exam.

lopez12
02-16-2006, 04:12 PM
would anybody include any of the following in the top 10? If so who?

Wilfredo Gomez
Prince Naseem
Bob Foster
David Tua
Tommy Hearns
Felix Trinidad
Pacquiao
ibeabuchi

Dempsey 1919
02-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Huh? :( :confused:

you keep coming up with these answers nobody would even know and ****.

Yogi
02-16-2006, 04:27 PM
you keep coming up with these answers nobody would even know and ****.

Ah, I see...so it wasn't a bad thing then, eh?

Well ****, give yourself not even a couple of years, Butterfly, and if you continue to show the historical interest in boxing that you undoubtably have now, you to will know a bunch of rather uselss trivia about the sport and it's history...Gotta trash those Ali bios first, though, of course. ;)

supaduck
02-16-2006, 04:28 PM
He's like the boxing professor.

WindUpMerchant
02-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Wrong. I'm the boxing professor.

WindUpMerchant
02-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Actually, Imira, counterpuncher, Naidah and I.

Dempsey 1919
02-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Wrong. I'm the boxing professor.

i don't think you know more than this guy, yogi.

WindUpMerchant
02-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Trust me, you haven't seen anything yet. I don't waste my time arguging with a bunch of kids.

Dempsey 1919
02-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Trust me, you haven't seen anything yet. I don't waste my time arguging with a bunch of kids.

you and yogi should have a show down! :D

RockyMarcianofan00
02-16-2006, 04:55 PM
you and yogi should have a show down! :D

yogi v windupmerchant

Yogi Undefeated in his nearly 2 year reign

windupmerchant the new comer hoping to take yogi's title

who will win?who'd the ultimate master of boxing history?

my guess- yogi in a 2 round KO :rolleyes: :boxing:
________
Live sex webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Two Fisted Piston
02-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Nigel Benn had awesome one punch power...

Julian Jackson had frightening one punch power...

Gerald McClellan had vicious one punch power...

But Julian Jackson had the best from what Ive seen coz Im young and only been into boxing since 2000

supaduck
02-17-2006, 03:59 AM
Agreed on those 3, they were three awesome punchers.