View Full Version : Who else could take a 74 Foreman.

Heckler
02-02-2006, 08:30 PM
I think Ali is one of the VERY few people, if not the only person that could take out Foreman.

Ali
And possibly Joe Louis.

Anyone else got some ideas.

tjmoney
02-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Anyone with speed, some power and balls. Foreman of any era was a big goofy mummy with tons of power.

1. Ali would beat him 10 times out of 10.
2. Tyson would rock him. Foremans too slow and had absolutely no defensive skills, he would never be able to cath tyson first.
3. Lennox Lewis - Lewis = bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, better defense. Foreman would be the one getting bullied in this fight.
4. Joe Louis, i dont need to say anymore do I?
5. Evander Holyfield - not getting knocked out, and too much heart, Foreman gets frustrated when he cant put him down.
6. I know theres a good chance that absolutely noone is going to agree with this but i also believe that Roy jones at Heavy would be able to decision Foreman. He'd be too quick for foreman ever to catch him, i mean its not like George was the most accurate of punchers.

Im sure theres some people who think im rediculous but i just dont see how George foreman was so great, he was beatable in so many ways. Yes he had a great career, makes for a great story but if you match him up against the other heavyweight greats there arent too many that he matches up well with. He was basically a bigger slower tyson. If his opponent wasnt afraid of him then he was gonna have a tough time beating them.

Southpaw Stinger
02-11-2006, 11:51 AM
2. Tyson would rock him. Foremans too slow and had absolutely no defensive skills, he would never be able to cath tyson first.
3. Lennox Lewis - Lewis = bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, better defense. Foreman would be the one getting bullied in this fight.
5. Evander Holyfield - not getting knocked out, and too much heart, Foreman gets frustrated when he cant put him down.
6. I know theres a good chance that absolutely noone is going to agree with this but i also believe that Roy jones at Heavy would be able to decision Foreman. He'd be too quick for foreman ever to catch him, i mean its not like George was the most accurate of punchers.

LOL!

What a load of ****. You think Tyson would beat Foreman??!? Tyson was **** scared of an old Foreman and his trainer Cus said he wouldn't stand a chance against him. You think Lennox Lewis is stronger than Foreman, now you really are losing it. Lewis had a terrible chin.

Lewis and Tyson would both fall in less than 3.

Joes louis was too small.

And old George Foreman went the distance with a young Holyfield, somthing Tyson couldn't do. If Holy couldn't have a convincing win over an old Foreman, what chance does he have against young prime Foreman?

Roy Jones? Thats the worst of your predictions. Foreman was surprisingly speedy in his youth. You picked the wrost possible people to fight Foreman. You say he had bad defense? He wa sonly KO'd once in his long career.

Oasis_Lad
02-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Anyone with speed, some power and balls. Foreman of any era was a big goofy mummy with tons of power.

Im sure theres some people who think im rediculous but i just dont see how George foreman was so great, he was beatable in so many ways. Yes he had a great career, makes for a great story but if you match him up against the other heavyweight greats there arent too many that he matches up well with. He was basically a bigger slower tyson. If his opponent wasnt afraid of him then he was gonna have a tough time beating them.

lmao what!!!!!

this has to be a joke
foreman would beat everyone of them except ali
the only one who would last longer than 3 rounds is holyfield
and he would still get tko'd in about 5

Southpaw Stinger
02-11-2006, 11:59 AM
I think he was joking.

Oasis_Lad
02-11-2006, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=tjmoney]Anyone with speed, some power and balls. Foreman of any era was a big goofy mummy with tons of power.

lmao the funniest **** ever said on boxing scene :D

Southpaw Stinger
02-11-2006, 12:09 PM
lmao the funniest **** ever said on boxing scene

I've only just stopped laughing.... No wait, here I go again! lol

Dempsey 1919
02-11-2006, 01:09 PM

let's get this guy banned! :D

Southpaw Stinger
02-11-2006, 01:20 PM
let's get this guy banned!

I think he'll be too embarassed to show his face again!

Yogi
02-11-2006, 01:25 PM

Yeah, seeing as how an old former Light Heavyweight by the name of Gregorio Peralta gave Foreman a couple of very difficult battles, and also considering how Jimmy Young actually beat Foreman, if you're a fairly talented Heavyweight that has an element of fighting smarts to go along with a tricky defensive style then you can make Foreman look bad and stand a good chance of beating him...The guy ain't superman, you know, and like every other fighter in history there is a certain style that has proven to always given him troubles.

Southpaw Stinger
02-11-2006, 01:30 PM
The George Foreman young faced was different from the one Frazier faced. Foreman was a different fighter after Ali beat him, he held back a lot more and wasn't as aggressive.

Yogi
02-11-2006, 01:35 PM
The George Foreman young faced was different from the one Frazier faced. Foreman was a different fighter after Ali beat him, he held back a lot more and wasn't as aggressive.

He was aggressive against Young, but Young was able to avoid his rushes for the most part, take him to the mid rounds where Foreman's stamina became a factor and proceeded take over the fight from that point on...

But if you want to excuse that, can you give just ONE example where Foreman was able to deal with/look good against a fighter using that type of style?

Southpaw Stinger
02-11-2006, 01:50 PM
He was no where near as effectively agressive against young. You can see how he was always nervous of taking combo's or tiring himself out after Ali. A defeated Foreman had fears, an undefeated Foreman didn't.

How many fighter did Foreman fight like that anyway?

Dempsey 1919
02-11-2006, 01:50 PM
He was aggressive against Young, but Young was able to avoid his rushes for the most part, take him to the mid rounds where Foreman's stamina became a factor and proceeded take over the fight from that point on...

But if you want to excuse that, can you give just ONE example where Foreman was able to deal with/look good against a fighter using that type of style?

well, that style would always give him trouble, but a prime foreman would still beat mostly anyone using that style anyways.

Yogi
02-11-2006, 02:13 PM
well, that style would always give him trouble, but a prime foreman would still beat mostly anyone using that style anyways.

How can you say that Foreman would beat mostly anyone with that style, Butterfly...Based on what?

He only fought a few guys who used that style and he looked unimpressive against each one of them...Peralta, Young, and to a lesser extent Ali (for the first couple of rounds of that fight). He never once showed he could deal effectively with that style throughout his career (unless wins over a past it Light Heavyweight is impressive to you) and to suddenly make some claim that he would be able to in fantasy land would just be plain...well, you figure it out.

****, even the Chris Byrd from a couple/few years ago would have been a difficult test for "prime" Foreman.

Kid Achilles
02-11-2006, 02:18 PM
This forum overrates Foreman so badly it is unbelievable. The fact is if Foreman didn't have his 90's comeback (where he didn't really beat anyone of note anyway) he would just barely be a top ten heavyweight. Stylistically he matched up well with Frazier and Norton but that alone doesn't make him a top three heavyweight IMO.

Dempsey 1919
02-11-2006, 02:24 PM
How can you say that Foreman would beat mostly anyone with that style, Butterfly...Based on what?

He only fought a few guys who used that style and he looked unimpressive against each one of them...Peralta, Young, and to a lesser extent Ali (for the first couple of rounds of that fight). He never once showed he could deal effectively with that style throughout his career (unless wins over a past it Light Heavyweight is impressive to you) and to suddenly make some claim that he would be able to in fantasy land would just be plain...well, you figure it out.

****, even the Chris Byrd from a couple/few years ago would have been a difficult test for "prime" Foreman.

but he would still beat him, though.

Yogi
02-11-2006, 02:28 PM
but he would still beat him, though.

And you can say that with confidence based on what again?

Dempsey 1919
02-11-2006, 02:29 PM
And you can say that with confidence based on what again?

foreman wasn't really the bumbling idiot he looked like in the ali fight. he had some good boxing skils, one of the best jabs in boxing history, and he wasn't really slow-footed either.

Yogi
02-11-2006, 02:35 PM
foreman wasn't really the bumbling idiot he looked like in the ali fight. he had some good boxing skils, one of the best jabs in boxing history, and he wasn't really slow-footed either.

Yeah, I've seen plenty of Foreman...And?

Byrd had a tricky & elusive boxing style that was proven to give Foreman fits even before and after the fight with Ali, so what is Foreman going to do effectively against Byrd that he wasn't all that capable of doing against others?

Dempsey 1919
02-11-2006, 02:40 PM

Byrd had a tricky & elusive boxing style that was proven to give Foreman fits even before and after the fight with Ali, so what is Foreman going to do effectively against Byrd that he wasn't all that capable of doing against others?

as i said before he would give him trouble, but foreman would still win. you need ali-like or holmes-like skills to beat a prime foreman.

Yogi
02-11-2006, 02:47 PM
as i said before he would give him trouble, but foreman would still win. you need ali-like or holmes-like skills to beat a prime foreman.

You say you need Ali-like skills to beat Foreman, and I'll say a fighter needs just a little bit more than 35/36 year-old former Light Heavyweight Gregorio Peralta skills to beat Foreman, as long as they're fighting a smart defensive fight againt him...like a Jimmy Young or what Chris Byrd showed in the past.

Dempsey 1919
02-11-2006, 02:50 PM
You say you need Ali-like skills to beat Foreman, and I'll say a fighter needs just a little bit more than 35/36 year-old former Light Heavyweight Gregorio Peralta skills to beat Foreman, as long as they're fighting a smart defensive fight againt him...like a Jimmy Young or what Chris Byrd showed in the past.

but with foreman's power and quickness, he would catch most boxers and knock them out anyway.

Yogi
02-11-2006, 02:53 PM
but with foreman's power and quickness, he would catch most boxers and knock them out anyway.

*sigh* :rolleyes:

The_One77
02-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Lewis would beat Foreman, he would outbox him all night long imo.
Lewis rarely got hit in the chin, he would too much of a techinal boxer for George to handle.

George beats Tyson, Louis, Frazier, Marciano, Tua, Holmes (tough one), Shavers and many others.
Im not too sure about Lewis and Evander though.....George was a very heavy puncher but beatable imo.

Dempsey 1919
02-11-2006, 03:03 PM
*sigh* :rolleyes:

on his best night, he does.

Yogi
02-11-2006, 03:15 PM
on his best night, he does.

Yeah well, apparently you're having a difficult time realizing that Foreman never came close to having a "best night" when facing fighters of that similiar style.

Kid Achilles
02-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Marciano never lost a fight. On his best night he comes from behind and stops ANYONE. Ali, Foreman, Liston, Tyson, Jason, Freddy Kreuger, King Kong. Doesn't matter. Too powerful and too much heart for any of those guys. I can't see it any other way.

Dempsey 1919
02-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Marciano never lost a fight. On his best night he comes from behind and stops ANYONE. Ali, Foreman, Liston, Tyson, Jason, Freddy Kreuger, King Kong. Doesn't matter. Too powerful and too much heart for any of those guys. I can't see it any other way.

i hope your joking.

Southpaw Stinger
02-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Lewis would beat Foreman, he would outbox him all night long imo.
Lewis rarely got hit in the chin, he would too much of a techinal boxer for George to handle.

Double sigh. That is so pathetic I think I'm gonna cry.

Southpaw Stinger
02-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Why do we have two threads like this anyway?

Dempsey 1919
02-11-2006, 04:08 PM

yeah, me too. :(

Yogi
02-11-2006, 04:11 PM

Why is that so pathetic?

Southpaw Stinger
02-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Why is that so pathetic?

I wouldn't expect an english teacher to understand, but to us boxing purists, the concept of Lewis beating Foreman is the same as enjoying constipation more than sex. Get the picture?

Dempsey 1919
02-11-2006, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't expect an english teacher to understand, but to us boxing purists, the concept of Lewis beating Foreman is the same as enjoying constipation more than sex. Get the picture?

:confused: :confused:

Yogi
02-11-2006, 04:22 PM

No I don't "get the picture", smartass.

Can you not come up with some kind of "boxing purist" reasoning to explain why you think that scenario the other guy painted is so wrong, or are you just going to continue hanging off of Foreman's nuts with your head up his ass?

Kid Achilles
02-11-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm not a Lewis fan either but to say it's pathetic to assume he would have a chance at beating Foreman is ridiculous. I'll tell you one thing, Lewis's right was a hell of a lot heavier and harder than Ron Lyle's, who almost took Foreman out with that punch, knocking him down twice. Lewis was taller, heavier, and better schooled than Lyle as well.

I'd favor Foreman because of Lewis's chin but Lewis's chances in such a matchup are far from pathetic.

Yogi
02-11-2006, 04:27 PM

Here's an opinion from Ring Magazine 2003, Volume II - Collector's Annual;

Lennox Lewis KO-10 George Foreman

Southpaw Stinger
02-11-2006, 04:31 PM
I care little for ring magazines oppinons. Lewis was still around at that time and they always suck up to the ones on top. We British boxers are crap compared to the American breed of Foremans type.

Lennox chin wasn't up to much. It would take just one carefully placed punch from Foreman.

Yogi
02-11-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm not a Lewis fan either but to say it's pathetic to assume he would have a chance at beating Foreman is ridiculous. I'll tell you one thing, Lewis's right was a hell of a lot heavier and harder than Ron Lyle's, who almost took Foreman out with that punch, knocking him down twice. Lewis was taller, heavier, and better schooled than Lyle as well.

I'd favor Foreman because of Lewis's chin but Lewis's chances in such a matchup are far from pathetic.

Exactly, Kid.

I'm not a Lewis fan either (far from it), but it seems like every time he's matched up with a puncher in these fantasy fights the automatic answer to some is, "Lewis has a weak chin"...His chin isn't the strongest obviously, but if that was always going to be the deciding outcome when facing a puncher then he certainly would've been knocked out by Bruno, Morrison, Tyson, Ruddock, Tua, Mercer etc, etc, etc...But he wasn't, was he?

Dempsey 1919
02-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Exactly, Kid.

I'm not a Lewis fan either (far from it), but it seems like every time he's matched up with a puncher in these fantasy fights the automatic answer to some is, "Lewis has a weak chin"...His chin isn't the strongest obviously, but if that was always going to be the deciding outcome when facing a puncher then he certainly would've been knocked out by Bruno, Morrison, Tyson, Ruddock, Tua, Mercer etc, etc, etc...But he wasn't, was he?

tyson wasn't prime when he fought lewis.

Kid Achilles
02-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Also who did Foeman ever knock out with one carefully placed punch? I'm still looking for someone to post that elusive clip of Foreman finishing someone off with one punch. He was a clubber, a thudding puncher who cut off the ring and battered overwhelmed cornered opponents to the canvas, not an explosive knockout artist. Lewis had a better concussive punch with the right hand IMO, even if it didn't have the same amount of force behind it as Foreman's.

Yogi
02-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I care little for ring magazines oppinons. Lewis was still around at that time and they always suck up to the ones on top. We British boxers are crap compared to the American breed of Foremans type.

Lennox chin wasn't up to much. It would take just one carefully placed punch from Foreman.

If Ring always sucked up to the top guy how do you explain their low 9th place ranking of Ali in 1975 when compiling their all-time Heavyweight rankings or the exclusion of Foreman himself?

Or is that only something you blurt out when it suits your position?

Tyson, Ruddock, Morrison, Tua, and Bruno all only needed one "carefully" placed punch against Lewis too, I guess, eh? Yet...what happened there?

Yogi
02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
tyson wasn't prime when he fought lewis.

Who gives a **** if he was prime or not...he still possesed much of his punching power and apparently the only thing you need to beat Lewis is/was just that according to Stinger.

The_One77
02-11-2006, 06:28 PM

oh, and why exactly?
You are so ignorant, Lewis was an awesome fighter when he was focused and Foreman was always susecptible to the right hand (hence Lyle-Foreman).
And Lewis's right hand was certainly harder than Lyle's.

dansweeney
02-11-2006, 06:40 PM
I think Sam Peter would have a shot at catching a young foreman first. not saying he would but with his excellent chin and one punch power he would have a chance

Heckler
02-12-2006, 06:47 PM
No-one would win a slugfest with Foreman. Foreman and peter would meet in the middle of the ring and Foreman would simply out-slug him.

Southpaw Stinger
02-12-2006, 07:30 PM
If Ring always sucked up to the top guy how do you explain their low 9th place ranking of Ali in 1975 when compiling their all-time Heavyweight rankings or the exclusion of Foreman himself?

Or is that only something you blurt out when it suits your position?

Tyson, Ruddock, Morrison, Tua, and Bruno all only needed one "carefully" placed punch against Lewis too, I guess, eh? Yet...what happened there?

It's a magazine man. I watch the fights and research the fighters. I have a mind of my own and don't need to read other peoples opinions on who they think is the best man.

tjmoney
02-12-2006, 07:38 PM
ok maybe i was reaching with the whole Roy Jones thing. I deserved the hate for that, but the other fighters i mentioned all have a legitimate shot at beating him. I still stay true to my claim that Foreman was a zombie, a wide swinging zombie at that, and whoever said he had one of the best jabs in history, come on now you cant say that about everyone with a good jab. Thats possibly the most oftenly misused phrase on boxing message boards. But anyway Foremans style is easily over come by a patient intelligent fighter whos willing to sit back and pick his spots, best possible example for this would be james toney, who i also think could beat foreman. Bottom line say what you want about my comments as long as you have references to back it up, dont just call them a joke and let that be the end, theres no place for that here, thats just a waste of time to read, i joined these boards to hear intelligent opinions about boxing not to hear people belittle mine.

Southpaw Stinger
02-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Toney is a fat middle weight who went 12 rounds with Ruiz.....

Easy-E
02-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I think Ali is one of the VERY few people, if not the only person that could take out Foreman.

Ali
And possibly Joe Louis.

louis would get ktfo'd against the foreman who lost to ali.
louis didnt have a strong chin by any means

Dempsey 1919
02-12-2006, 11:41 PM
louis would get ktfo'd against the foreman who lost to ali.
louis didnt have a strong chin by any means

yeah, he sure would!

JT1967
02-17-2006, 06:36 AM
Larry Holmes. Don't laugh...He could never be intimidated by anyone. He had the size and jab to put Foreman off his game...He also took some big punches off Cooney in '82...A 1988 Mike Tyson would also have been too much for Big George...No one else in the modern era other than these two.

Two Fisted Piston
02-17-2006, 06:40 AM
Prime Tyson
Prime Holyfield
Prime Bowe
Lennox Lewis
Ali
Rocky Marciano

Southpaw Stinger
02-17-2006, 07:29 AM
Prime Tyson - No chance, ducked an old Foreman and Cus was confident that Tyson would never beat Foreman.
Prime Holyfield - Went the distance with an old Foreman
Prime Bowe - No way
Lennox Lewis - Nope
Ali - Yep
Rocky Marciano - Marciano dies.

Dempsey 1919
02-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Prime Tyson - No chance, ducked an old Foreman and Cus was confident that Tyson would never beat Foreman.
Prime Bowe - No way
Lennox Lewis - Nope
Ali - Yep

i pretty much agree with all this.

boxing scribe
02-23-2006, 05:44 PM
I think only Ali could have beaten Forman in 74 and even he might not be able to do it twice. Here's why. George as clumsy and as awkward and inexperienced as he was...still hit harder than anyone ever hit. Believe Ali when he said, he was never hit that hard in a fight and felt as if he was actually out on some of the punches George hit him with.

And it was a gamble with his life! Ali's CHIN won the fight against Forman more than any other relative factor. He wasn't the beautiful dancer and skilled technician of the sixties...so you guys who keep selling that Ali and these other guys were too crafty for George, remember this, the only thing that saved Ali against Forman in 1974 was his amazing ability to take punishment...this set him apart from Frazier, Norton, Bonaveana, Shavers or any of the guys from that era. I'm not saying a crafty boxer in his prime, like Larry Holmes or Jimmy Young, couldn't beat George but only Ali could have done what he did in 74...and like I said, I wouldn't bet that he could take George's power a second time if they fought again.

Yaman
02-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Prime Bowe - No way
Lennox Lewis - Nope
Ali - Yep

Actually, they all have a shot against Foreman. I know for sure these guys could beat Foreman. And please, back up your ''confident Cus'' who knew Tyson would loose.

Southpaw Stinger
02-24-2006, 08:21 AM
And please, back up your ''confident Cus'' who knew Tyson would loose.

Cus Damatto said on many occasions that no swarmers including Tyson, Frazier or Marciano have any chance against Foreman. Tyson ducked an old Foreman and was **** scared of him.

Yaman
02-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Cus Damatto said on many occasions that no swarmers including Tyson, Frazier or Marciano have any chance against Foreman. Tyson ducked an old Foreman and was **** scared of him.

But Foreman's trainer said that Foreman was scared to death by Frazier, Lyle and Young...You see me backing it up with proof? No, so give me a link.

Southpaw Stinger
02-24-2006, 08:33 AM
I know Foreman was scared of Frazier, but Foreman wasn't a mentally weak ***** like Tyson!

http://www.********boxing.com/boxing-news/lotierzo1609.php

http://www.e a s t s i d e b o x i n g .com/boxing-news/lotierzo1609.php

Yaman
02-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Hey Big George, the link doesn't work. I guess you gave me ''the wrong one''? haha.

Southpaw Stinger
02-24-2006, 09:02 AM
no it's the right one. Just try the second.

Yaman
02-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Nope, doesn't work.

So, Tyson would beat Foreman.

TheHoff'sGhost
02-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Nope, doesn't work.

tyson has no chance against foreman
he cant hurt him he aint out boxing him
foreman beats tyson into the canvas in about 4 rounds
if tysons lucky

Southpaw Stinger
02-24-2006, 10:30 AM
It does work, you just copy and paste the second one and take away the spaces. The site won't let me post links.

king4fore
02-25-2006, 12:17 AM

i dont think byrd should be mentioned because he does not have the chin that ali has.true ali was tricky but he did take some good shots before tiring foreman.except for larry holmes i dont think any other heavyweight wouldve been able to take those shots.

RockyMarcianofan00
02-25-2006, 05:45 AM
Nope, doesn't work.

http://www.********boxing.com/boxing-news/lotierzo1609.php

look for the link to work all you have to do is put
E
a
s
t
s
i
d
e

where the stars are, if you don't put them like that they turn into stars- ******** - regular typed

RockyMarcianofan00
02-25-2006, 05:52 AM
well if it was prime tyson v prime foreman i would have to say overwhelmingly Foreman would win

but if it was tyson at the time and Foreman at the time there's no way in hell a nearly washed up tyson would beat a Foreman that was past his prime and still kicking ass

i have to agree with the article though, its murder for someone like tyson to try and get inside on someone like foreman, Tyson was short,Strong and fast, if he could get inside on foreman then yes Tyson has a good chance but no way he's staying in there for too long
later Foreman was not as strong but picked his shots, he'd be able to pick tyson off, and especially a tyson in the 90's who swung more wildly then in the 80's, Tyson gets floored by Foreman in either 2nd to 5th round, i think it would be like Frazier-Foreman but i think tyson would try to stay on the outside so he'd last longer

Dirt E Gomez
02-25-2006, 06:34 AM
While Foreman is one of my favorite heavyweights and is in my top 3 of all time it doesn't mean he beats all of the other top heavyweights.

Any heavyweight who was light on his feet with quick hands or just a great boxing ability could give Foreman troubles. I think Lewis would have a pretty decent shot.

But Foreman's trainer said that Foreman was scared to death by Frazier, Lyle and Young...You see me backing it up with proof? No, so give me a link.

As a note, I could be wrong, but didn't Foreman himself say one of the few times he was ever scared was his first fight against Frazier? Frazier at that time was undefeated, had vested Ali, and had seemed invincible with his power and style in the ring.

SquareCircle
02-25-2006, 09:48 AM
to have the best chance against any version of Foreman you need to be a tall rangy pure boxer or boxer puncher, and you need to know how to roll with punches and havea decent chin in case you get stuck escaping a corner. Foreman is probably the best slugger Boxing has ever seen, so I'd favor him vs alot of great tall boxers too

I read on the 1st page someone put Tyson as #2 to beat him, Tyson only knew how to come forward..that plays right into georges hand, a great slugger like GF will always put the hurt on a swarmer.

Brockton Lip
02-25-2006, 09:52 AM
I don't think Tyson would have the heart to defeat a prime Foreman. Once Tyson gets hit that would pretty much change the fight completely. Its a shame that Iron Mike was never really tested in his prime.

Da Iceman
02-25-2006, 10:30 AM
i think joe louis could do (after the 2nd schmeling fight), his defense was to good for foremans offense

Southpaw Stinger
02-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Louis is way too small.

Yaman
02-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Did you watch Louis fight? He's not a small puppy. You can point out size with Marciano but not Louis. Joe is the best puncher ever and Foreman would not be able to handle those accurate shots for more than 5 rounds. Foreman's punches are slow, you could see them coming and if you have great defence, you won't get hit(Like Ali did). Louis is another guy who could beat Foreman.

Dempsey 1919
02-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Did you watch Louis fight? He's not a small puppy. You can point out size with Marciano but not Louis. Joe is the best puncher ever and Foreman would not be able to handle those accurate shots for more than 5 rounds. Foreman's punches are slow, you could see them coming and if you have great defence, you won't get hit(Like Ali did). Louis is another guy who could beat Foreman.

it's good to see that you have respect for louis, BECAUSE HE'S DEAD! but if you just look at the facts, you will realize that louis couldn't last three rounds with foreman at all. people like buddy baer knocked louis out of the ring when louis was in his prime. louis' chin is very weak. combine that with foreman's punching power, and you've got louis flattened in the third.

Oasis_Lad
02-25-2006, 02:38 PM
louis has a chance doubt he would win though
holmes has a great chance id say 50/50
marciano has a slight chance but i see foreman dropping him early

Boxclever
02-25-2006, 02:53 PM

In my mind Foreman would be considered far and away the greatest of all time were it not for the existance of Ali, so any opponents facing prime Foreman (bar Ali) would have chances slim to none. :cool: :boxing:

RockyMarcianofan00
02-25-2006, 04:34 PM
i don't think holmes has a 50 chance because even though he fights like Ali he's not as smart and would try to dance around foreman and Foreman would drop him in 3

Marciano i think would try and last til later rounds (4 or5) and then Drop Foreman when Foremans tired, or Foreman KO's him who can call it really :boxing:

Thoth
02-25-2006, 06:15 PM
It's a magazine man. I watch the fights and research the fighters. I have a mind of my own and don't need to read other peoples opinions on who they think is the best man.

Prime Bowe - No way
Lennox Lewis - Nope
Ali - Yep

Mmmm the hypocrisy is delicious. I don't really see how anything you say is relevant at this point. But i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Southpaw Stinger
02-25-2006, 06:43 PM
I ain't seen much of Tyson in his prime. I think Cus has a much better perception than my oppinion and if people don't believe me they might believe Cus!

Thoth
02-25-2006, 06:52 PM
I ain't seen much of Tyson in his prime. I think Cus has a much better perception than my oppinion and if people don't believe me they might believe Cus!

Well I have seen a lot of tyson in his prime, and even I couldn't tell you without a doubt that Foreman beats Tyson. And a lesson I learned long ago; "as good as you are, there's always someone better". Which implies humility. You can't know for sure, and hell even Cus couldn't have. So please, take the "boxing purist" bit down a notch. It's not engaging in any way.

Southpaw Stinger
02-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Niether is nit picking through previous posts. Go with the flow and chill out man.