View Full Version : Polo talks the talk

barryboy
01-17-2005, 08:43 PM
VICTOR: I'LL KO SCOTT AND SHUT YOU LOT UP
By Ted Tracey

****Y Colombian Victor Polo vows he will turn Scotland into a ghost town by ripping the world boxing crown from Scott Harrison's head.

Polo challenges for the WBO featherweight title at Braehead on January 28.

And the 40-fight campaigner, who has had three previous shots at world belts, last night said: 'Scotland will be like a ghost town when I knock Harrison out in front of his hometown fans.

'I saw how excited the crowd were before he fought Manuel Medina in their first fight but a deadly silence fell when the decision was announced.

'It will be the same again only this time there will be no comebacks for Harrison at a world title.

'In addition, all talk of this so-called super fight with Marco Antonio Barrera will be finished.

'I have watched Harrison over and over again and I am positive he will not be able to cope with my workrate, aggressive style and quick thinking.

'On January 28, not only will it be dark and raining in Scotland - as people have told me it always is - but it will be a nation in mourning at the loss of their world champion.'

'Dark & raining in Scotland' He got that right but what happened to cold & windy as hell ;)
I reckon Polo will get battered, 7-8 rounds max.

Nature Boy
01-27-2005, 07:00 AM
I fancy Harrison to stop polo in 8/9 rounds.

Cletus Funk
01-27-2005, 07:22 AM
I wonder what he'll have to say afterwards, if he's conscious? :D

Nature Boy
01-27-2005, 07:24 AM
Lets go streaking!!!!!!

If your names frank the tank for another reason, that probably means nothing to you.

Cletus Funk
01-27-2005, 07:27 AM
Lets go streaking!!!!!!

If your names frank the tank for another reason, that probably means nothing to you.

Spot on. I'd just finished watching it before I registered on here. Funny movie. :D

Nature Boy
01-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Quality film. Will Ferrell's one of my fave's.

Cletus Funk
01-27-2005, 07:33 AM
Quality film. Will Ferrell's one of my fave's.

He's funny as hell in Anchorman too.

Nature Boy
01-27-2005, 07:35 AM
Watched that again last week. " A thousand and one, a thousand and two...."

And when his dog gets kicked off the bridge and he rings work in the phonebox...."Wait, wait, I wanna say something...waaahhhhhaaaahhh!!!!!!
I got a stitch from laughing.

Cletus Funk
01-27-2005, 07:42 AM
Watched that again last week. " A thousand and one, a thousand and two...."

And when his dog gets kicked off the bridge and he rings work in the phonebox...."Wait, wait, I wanna say something...waaahhhhhaaaahhh!!!!!!
I got a stitch from laughing.

LOL. I think I'm due another viewing, haven't seen it for a few months.

Nature Boy
01-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Whilst we're talking films....
Have you seen Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back?

Cletus Funk
01-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Whilst we're talking films....
Have you seen Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back?

I've not actually. Any good?

Nature Boy
01-27-2005, 08:03 AM
Mate, it's fantastic. Buy it ASAP. If you're into stone head humour you'll love it, if not, Will Ferrell's in it and is well funny.

Cletus Funk
01-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Mate, it's fantastic. Buy it ASAP. If you're into stone head humour you'll love it, if not, Will Ferrell's in it and is well funny.

:cool: I'll see if I can download it tonight.

bigbadbri
01-28-2005, 10:33 AM
VICTOR: I'LL KO SCOTT AND SHUT YOU LOT UP
By Ted Tracey

****Y Colombian Victor Polo vows he will turn Scotland into a ghost town by ripping the world boxing crown from Scott Harrison's head.

Polo challenges for the WBO featherweight title at Braehead on January 28.

And the 40-fight campaigner, who has had three previous shots at world belts, last night said: 'Scotland will be like a ghost town when I knock Harrison out in front of his hometown fans.

'I saw how excited the crowd were before he fought Manuel Medina in their first fight but a deadly silence fell when the decision was announced.

'It will be the same again only this time there will be no comebacks for Harrison at a world title.

'In addition, all talk of this so-called super fight with Marco Antonio Barrera will be finished.

'I have watched Harrison over and over again and I am positive he will not be able to cope with my workrate, aggressive style and quick thinking.

'On January 28, not only will it be dark and raining in Scotland - as people have told me it always is - but it will be a nation in mourning at the loss of their world champion.'

'Dark & raining in Scotland' He got that right but what happened to cold & windy as hell ;)
I reckon Polo will get battered, 7-8 rounds max.A Harrison win in the fifth.

barryboy
01-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Harrison was very lucky imo to get a draw, I didn't score it but it seemed as if Polo outboxed him from about the 6th or 7th round on after looking like being beaten a couple of rounds before, just underlines the fact that the guys they're talking about fighting would beat Harrison (Pacman, Barrera, Marquez) but Polo did have a lot more left than I think a lot of people expected.

Raekwon
01-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Harrison was very lucky imo to get a draw, I didn't score it but it seemed as if Polo outboxed him from about the 6th or 7th round on after looking like being beaten a couple of rounds before, just underlines the fact that the guys they're talking about fighting would beat Harrison (Pacman, Barrera, Marquez) but Polo did have a lot more left than I think a lot of people expected.
agreed polo was all over him :/
and to think harrison wants to fight with the likes of barrera lol stupidity he isnt in the same class as barrera :D

barryboy
01-28-2005, 06:42 PM
That wouldn't be a pretty sight i'm afraid but I still think he could give Chi a good go because this guy gave him some movement as well as banging in hard shots but Chi would just stand and trade so you never know there but all the other guys would hammer him.

Raekwon
01-28-2005, 06:51 PM
That wouldn't be a pretty sight i'm afraid but I still think he could give Chi a good go because this guy gave him some movement as well as banging in hard shots but Chi would just stand and trade so you never know there but all the other guys would hammer him.
yeah i agree totally, think harrison really needs to work on his stamina he seemed to be drained really quick in the fight 2nite, throwing and missing a lot of punches didnt really help but he didnt seem to last all that long at all compared to barrera or morales in their first fight they were throwing so many punches etc, stamina almost cost harrison his belt 2nite

!! Anorak
01-28-2005, 06:52 PM
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6753

Polo was robbed.

barryboy
01-28-2005, 06:56 PM
That is surprising considering he's supposed to be training with an ex para in all the military training and has the new dietician etc. so you'd think he'd be fit for a fast 12 rounds but he swung & missed too much and he did appear to be blowing after that big flurry in the 4th & 5th but as you say those guys kept up a superhuman pace for 12 rounds and would put him to shame on the stamina front, he also gets cut easy which is another thing.

Raekwon
01-28-2005, 07:08 PM
he looks like he should be in them tramp fight vids :p

theironone
01-29-2005, 05:20 AM
i had harrison 2 points up after round 5 but that was the last one i gave him, there was a couple of close rounds after that but i gave polo everything from 6 onwards, he deserved the win, he (H) was very unimpressive last night, him and brodie or vs chi would be good fights, as they say it's styles

Cletus Funk
01-29-2005, 05:23 AM
Sky Sports News have been reporting that he's offering Polo a rematch.

elveiel
01-29-2005, 07:06 AM
Sky Sports News have been reporting that he's offering Polo a rematch.

It was close enough to see a rematch.

How do you rate Harrison? i think he's too slow, has terrible footwork and hasnt even got a big KO punch.

I dont think there's much hope for Harrison at elite level, i think his trainings better suited for fighting in Iraq than it is in a boxing ring!!

bigbadbri
01-29-2005, 07:07 AM
It's Not The Fight Harrison Should Be Taking, But Polo Has Earned Another Shot. To Be Honest, Can Anyone Really Deny Him Another Pop At Harrisons Title.
I Wouldn't, Because I Think He Won That Fight By A Couple Of Points. Harrison Will Want To Fight Him Again And Put The Demons To Rest.
On A Different Not. Gary Young Continued His Usual Buisiness In Style But Now Needs To Step Up In Class.

Cletus Funk
01-29-2005, 08:11 AM

How do you rate Harrison? i think he's too slow, has terrible footwork and hasnt even got a big KO punch.

I dont think there's much hope for Harrison at elite level, i think his trainings better suited for fighting in Iraq than it is in a boxing ring!!

I'm not sure now mate, he seems to impress and disappoint in equal measure lately. I think a rematch would clarify if he just had another off night or if he does just come up short of elite level. He seems to struggle against the good technicians but I think he could be capable of putting on a good show against Chi or maybe even Pac.

McCullough said he was the hardest puncher he's faced and he looks as strong as an ox but he hasn't really blasted anyone decent out yet so I'm not sure what to think about his power. His boxing skills are definitely a bit limited though, you're right.

Raekwon
01-29-2005, 08:37 AM

in the other fights i seen of him he has looked really decent, polo outboxed him, he obviously done his homework on his style and stopped him from getting in and boxing, tho harrison looked really drained after the 5th/6th, and that was quite disappointing as i thought that his training would have been a bit more concentrated on stamina... missed 2 many punches, i think it was a bad night for him and polo also stopped him from boxing, would like 2 see a rematch to see if he can do any better on the poor performance last night.

Jose Rizal
01-31-2005, 12:57 AM
And he wants a super-fight? Get that rematch with polo done out of Scotland. :rolleyes:

J !
01-31-2005, 07:54 AM
harrison looked one dimensional, ponderous and out of ideas, i gave it to polo by 8 rnds to 4.

Scott always has problems with movers, think this has just compounded the theory that he is below the top tier of feathers / super feathers. On a par with mediina and tapias of this world but not up there with the pac's marco's marquez.

sad but true think we are starting to see his level.