View Full Version : ron lyle vs. ken norton?

Dempsey 1919
01-24-2006, 11:51 AM
who would win?

Kid Canada
01-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Norton didn`t exactly have the best chin and Lyle had a ton of power. I say Lyle by KO.

M26
01-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Ken Norton was a very skilled fighter with a lot of heart, but I believe Ron Lyle to be too powerful for Norton to handle. His chin was not very solid, and Lyle carried a powerful punch with him.

Ron Lyle by ko6.

DaddysBoy
01-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Norton was a badass, and I think he could pull it off. His chin in his prime was not as bad as some say. He was *****-slapped by foreman, but who wouldnt be? I say norton stops ronnie late by tko.

Yogi
01-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Norton was a badass, and I think he could pull it off. His chin in his prime was not as bad as some say. He was *****-slapped by foreman, but who wouldnt be? I say norton stops ronnie late by tko.

I agree with all that and even the final outcome you predicted is entirely possible, as Norton certainly was a much better late round's fighter than was Lyle (Lyle's lack of stamina was shown in a few fights...vs. Ali, Quarry, and even Foreman).

Norton's chin obviously wasn't one of his strongest attributes, but I think it was more of his mindset when facing those HUGE punchers that was the main problem...He looked intimidated and fought completely different than normal against Foreman, as he tried mainly to stay away from Big George by using his legs. And in his fight with Shavers, he fought similiar and didn't offer nothing in return as he just laid on the ropes and let Shavers belt away at him (it should be noted that Norton was already past his best at that point).

Lyle didn't have the power of Foreman or Shavers nor was he as agressive with his hurtful intentions, so him winning by KO isn't the so obvious answer to me. It could happen, yes, but I think the chances of the superior talent in Norton taking him deep & drowning him are just about as likely to happen...

I think I'll sit on the fence for this one, and it's kind of a shame that this fight was cancelled when it was scheduled to take place in the spring of '77.

king4fore
01-29-2006, 08:38 PM
i think it depends on the year 1976 id pick norton by decision,1978 i would go with lyle by ko

LS-Injection
01-29-2006, 09:02 PM
I think Ken Norton might just win!

Dynamite76
02-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Norton wins by close decision.

Dempsey 1919
11-04-2006, 06:29 PM
bump......

Southpaw Stinger
11-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Lyle by KO. Based on a styles + strengths and weakness's.

The Raging Bull
11-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Lyle by KO. Far too much power for Norton to handle.

hemichromis
11-04-2006, 09:23 PM
shavers Vs norton = shavers KO1
foreman Vs norton = foreman KO2

norton couldn't handle big punchers

lyle within 4 rounds

RockyMarcianofan00
11-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Norton had a good boxing style that could fool fighters or just get to them...He also had "pepper" on his punch, not to the point of say a Foreman or even Lyle but he had enough to inflict some damage with the punches he snuck in....He did break Ali's jaw remember....

On the other hand Lyle had destructive punching power (in comparison to Norton) and I think it would work well against Norton who was less then stellar against big hitters...but in boxing its not always the hardest hitter that wins....however in this case I see Norton actually being able to brave some rounds.....

Lyle ko5

Norton could strech and try to get a decision (or maybe lyle would get it) but I don't see that happening...

Dempsey 1919
03-04-2007, 01:30 AM
bump...........

ceboxer15
03-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Lyle by mid round KO/TKO.