View Full Version : who had more power? marciano or johnson?

Dempsey 1919
01-23-2006, 11:14 PM
who had more punching power, rocky marciano or jack johnson?

Brockton Lip
01-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Marciano. Johnson was better defensively but he could not hit as hard as Marciano could.

Dempsey 1919
01-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Marciano. Johnson was better defensively but he could not hit as hard as Marciano could.

i don't know. the way johnson rocked stanley ketchel was vicious.

RockyMarcianofan00
01-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Maricano had alot more power but as for hand speed i've never really seen to many of johnsons fights but i could see johnson being faster, and defensively probably but you do have to realize that marciano's defense was very underated, not saying he had better defense though
________
Side effects from wellbutrin (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

RastaSmoker
01-24-2006, 12:33 AM

yeah but stanley Ketchel was 170 pounds compared to johnsons 225. But it was good none the less. He actually knocked out two of ketchel teeth that his manager later made into dice.

But imo there is no question the Marciano hit much harder then johnson. 90 percent of johnsons shot where never intended to do any real damage. He rarely sat down on any of his punches. Marciano on the other hand would often through caution to the wind and throw hay makers, many of which ended someone else's night early. So i feel marciano hit much harder

M26
01-24-2006, 04:57 AM
Rocky Marciano definitely hit harder than did Johnson.

Oasis_Lad
01-24-2006, 05:38 AM
marciano not only was he naturally more pwerful but the way he threw power shots by planting his feet and puting his whole body into the punch,he was definelty the harder hitter

Dempsey 1919
01-24-2006, 08:51 AM
i'm not talking about who threw more power shots, but who had more potential power in their punches.

Oasis_Lad
01-24-2006, 08:53 AM
i'm not talking about who threw more power shots, but who had more potential power in their punches.

still marciano

LS-Injection
01-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Are you joking, Jack had loads more power than Marciano…

Yaman
01-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Marciano had the most power ever for a smaller guy. But heavyweights have more weight, therefor they hit harder because they also put their whole body into it. Figure that out.

Johnson can hit harder.

RockyMarcianofan00
01-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Marciano had the most power ever for a smaller guy. But heavyweights have more weight, therefor they hit harder because they also put their whole body into it. Figure that out.

Johnson can hit harder.

i still say marciano cause i think one full power shot from him has the strength of a 250lb man and Johnson couldn't hit nearly as hard as him and he was 225lbs

plus correct me if i'm wrong (i know you will anyway :rolleyes: )
but i believe johnson was alittle overated at the time because he was a black fighter which was rare so when he ko'd someone they made a much bigger deal out of it because they felt Black fighters were weaker which was obviously not the case

plus wasn't the average height of a man back then 5'7-5'9 so that would mean johnson 6'0 gave him an advantage but hey just telling you what i'm thinking
________
Live Sex Webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

-GBGQ-
01-24-2006, 03:15 PM
George Foreman

Dempsey 1919
01-24-2006, 03:16 PM
George Foreman

stick to the topic please.

DaddysBoy
01-24-2006, 03:59 PM
who had more punching power, rocky marciano or jack johnson?

Gotta be Rocky. Gotta be.

supaduck
01-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Rocky, ever seen susie Q?

Yaman
01-24-2006, 04:37 PM
i still say marciano cause i think one full power shot from him has the strength of a 250lb man and Johnson couldn't hit nearly as hard as him and he was 225lbs

plus correct me if i'm wrong (i know you will anyway :rolleyes: )
but i believe johnson was alittle overated at the time because he was a black fighter which was rare so when he ko'd someone they made a much bigger deal out of it because they felt Black fighters were weaker which was obviously not the case

plus wasn't the average height of a man back then 5'7-5'9 so that would mean johnson 6'0 gave him an advantage but hey just telling you what i'm thinking

I just dont see a smaller fighter hit harder than a bigger fighter. Johnson could definitely hit hard so.

Mike Tyson Jr.
01-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Jack johnson

Southpaw Stinger
01-24-2006, 04:46 PM
I just dont see a smaller fighter hit harder than a bigger fighter. Johnson could definitely hit hard so.

It's not just size man it's technique. You could have two identical men, same size, age weight, reach etc and one could punch a lot harder than the other if he had the right technique. Some people are born naturally powerful. Ali and Foreman were about the same size but obviousy Foreman hit way harder. Foreman was naturally strong which with conditioning made him the hardest hitter of all time.

Rocky put all of his bodyweight into his punches but a lot of heavyweights from the era didn't so Marciano dominated his era in power punching. If Johnson used the same technique as Marciano, then maybe he could hit harder than him.

Yogi
01-24-2006, 04:47 PM
I just dont see a smaller fighter hit harder than a bigger fighter.

So according to your logic here you must think that a bigger fighter like Larry Donald hits harder than that guy in your av, correct?

Skydog
01-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Johnson may have knocked a few of Ketchel's teeth loose, but Marciano put Vingo in a ****ing coma and paralyzed half of his body.

Yogi
01-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Johnson may have knocked a few of Ketchel's teeth loose, but Marciano put Vingo in a ****ing coma and paralyzed half of his body.

Marciano also proved himself capable of knocking some teeth out because that's exactly what he did with only one right hand to the mush of Rex Layne.

RockyMarcianofan00
01-24-2006, 07:01 PM
yea seems unlikely but its true rocky hit harder then johnson- also the way he threw punches had alot to do with how much power he had in a punch but you gotta remember he natrually had a Devastating punch so i don't even think if johnson put all his weight into it i think it might but probably wouldn't match rocky's punch but in my opinion it wouldn't go beyond it

but hey we all got our opnions :rolleyes:
________
VAPORIZER WIKI (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

LondonRingRules
01-24-2006, 07:29 PM
** Ketchel was a middleweight kid. Dumb thread. Johnson only won about 40% of his bouts by KO. Rocky 88%. Surely you can do the math.

Kid Achilles
01-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Marciano hit much harder. I don't see how anyone who has seen film of both men could say Johnson hit harder. The guy was a powerful puncher in his own right but Marciano was a wrecking ball on legs.

75th
01-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Rocky with ease.

RockyMarcianofan00
01-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Marciano hit much harder. I don't see how anyone who has seen film of both men could say Johnson hit harder. The guy was a powerful puncher in his own right but Marciano was a wrecking ball on legs.

Marciano hit harder then johnson Agreed
________
bondage girl Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/fetish/bdsm/)

Yaman
01-25-2006, 09:15 AM
Okay, Marciano could hit a trillion times harder. There, ya happy?

supaduck
01-25-2006, 11:09 AM
You daman, yaman ;)

Dempsey 1919
01-25-2006, 11:49 AM
it's possible that rocky hit harder i guess.