View Full Version : abdominals

hardhitter
01-15-2005, 06:55 AM
i have not got a lot of fat around the front of my stomach but around the sides there is more than on the front. does anyone no of workouts what target these specific areas ?

ShotgunSeanK
01-15-2005, 08:17 AM
sidebends with dumbells

spinksjinx
01-15-2005, 08:25 AM
i have not got a lot of fat around the front of my stomach but around the sides there is more than on the front. does anyone no of workouts what target these specific areas ?

Standing twists
Bicycle crunches

Abs are all diet anyhow.

hardhitter
01-15-2005, 02:56 PM
what diet should i be looking to eat/drink ?

jayrichardse
01-16-2005, 01:19 AM
i do 200 sit ups a day and 50 leg raises

AIR_KENG
01-16-2005, 05:27 AM

we have the same problems dude, but i had a chat with a dietitian and told me that it should be a mix of exercise and diet. doing 200 sit-ups a day won't help your cause if you eat so much carbohydrates and fats in your meal. right now i'm concentrating on protein rich food, fish in particular, some veggies and limit myself to a cup of rice in every meal. i still have to see the results but i'm hoping this would be helpful for those who have gigantic obliques, hehe...

spinksjinx
01-16-2005, 05:51 AM
what diet should i be looking to eat/drink ?

Your abdominal muscles wont show through unless your bodyfat is at a low percent (usually around 7% or below) in order to get that you need to shed the fat that covers them, Cutting out any sugars and breads would help eating natural foods would be a lot of help. Fruits and vegetables and lean meat and water would be your key.

Hunna
01-16-2005, 09:19 AM
one small tip, try 2 do situps after training,not b4

riz
01-16-2005, 11:10 AM
i hav the same problem

hardhitter
01-16-2005, 11:17 AM
i am not that fat im 15 year old 10 stone just started training dont wanna lose weight just wanna tone up

nezahualcoyotl
01-16-2005, 03:58 PM
i'm body fat % is about 10-11% and I'm 24.
so your saying if I could get down to 7% my 6pack would show? Also, do you recommend protein shakes as a replacement for a meal?

nezahualcoyotl
01-16-2005, 07:33 PM
1 year membership annual!!!
I actually knew of this website since 03', but I dont know why it hasn't let me get that status.
Oh yea do situps everyday!

spinksjinx
01-16-2005, 09:10 PM
i'm body fat % is about 10-11% and I'm 24.
so your saying if I could get down to 7% my 6pack would show? Also, do you recommend protein shakes as a replacement for a meal?

Yes, 7% should be suitable if you are working your abs along the way though...I didnt get mine to show fully through until around 5-6% though, but 7% is the average.

If you have access to real meals Id stay with full meals but if you are in a hurry or need something quick than a protein supplement should be fine, I drink one every morning for breakfast.

DONT MIX WITH MILK...Only Water

riz
01-16-2005, 09:18 PM
gyz how exactly do u find out ur body fat thing

spinksjinx
01-16-2005, 09:24 PM
gyz how exactly do u find out ur body fat thing

Going to your doctor and have it measured would be the most accurate, however their are fat calipers you can purchase online or at health stores, they are not very accurate but will give a good idea.

Their are calculators online, they are not very accurate although if you continously used the same calculator to measure your results it would be pretty close overtime.

Here are 2 links to 2 online calculators, they are close in giving the same results so I would stick with these two if you dont have access to calipers or a doctor.

http://health.yahoo.com/centers/weight_loss/10002

http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Calculators.jsp

nezahualcoyotl
01-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Going to your doctor and have it measured would be the most accurate, however their are fat calipers you can purchase online or at health stores, they are not very accurate but will give a good idea.

Their are calculators online, they are not very accurate although if you continously used the same calculator to measure your results it would be pretty close overtime.

Here are 2 links to 2 online calculators, they are close in giving the same results so I would stick with these two if you dont have access to calipers or a doctor.

http://health.yahoo.com/centers/weight_loss/10002

http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Calculators.jsp

I got my fat caliper online at:

www.lindbergnutrition.com

It came free when I ordered my protein shakes online.
Thanks spinx - I wont use milk, I thought about it but never did only used water.

What do you recommend side bends w/barbells? or that lil bench that suspends you in mid air and your bending at the waist. I heard that it tears up your back.

Dyl-G
01-19-2005, 06:09 PM
I Do Sit Ups Every Day And Leg Lifts But I Cant Tone The Bottom Of My Abdominals!!!!!! Ah What Do I Do Any Help?

spinksjinx
01-19-2005, 08:09 PM
I Do Sit Ups Every Day And Leg Lifts But I Cant Tone The Bottom Of My Abdominals!!!!!! Ah What Do I Do Any Help?

If it is under your belly button that is a common but hard problem to fix as it is attributed to your diet.

hardhitter
01-20-2005, 12:33 PM
my problem is the top 4 muscles are toned and efined but the bottom two are no where to be seen im not really looking to get the 8 pack now but i want the six any exercies what target the are on the belly button ?

spinksjinx
01-20-2005, 02:40 PM
my problem is the top 4 muscles are toned and efined but the bottom two are no where to be seen im not really looking to get the 8 pack now but i want the six any exercies what target the are on the belly button ?

Leg raises and standing twists will work the bottom half of your abs.

Floydmayweather
01-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Its all about diet. For abs i do 100 crunches, followed by reverse sit-ups, and then decline medicine ball twists thats it. I have a six pack because i dont eat ****.

Dyl-G
01-20-2005, 05:57 PM
yeah ima start working on my diet its good, but it can be better

Renegade
01-20-2005, 08:45 PM
yeah ima start working on my diet its good, but it can be better

I've found the thermogenic effects of green tea, before I do my crunches, which I do with a 15 or 20lb dumbell behind my head, to be most beneficial. And I'm over 50.

spinksjinx
01-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Its all about diet. For abs i do 100 crunches, followed by reverse sit-ups, and then decline medicine ball twists thats it. I have a six pack because i dont eat ****.

Totally about diet, When I go a while without eating I am totally ripped and can see every muscle in my stomach just twitch it's sick. But give me a beverage or something to chew and swallow and I feel my stomach isnt empty it isnt as ripped.....

Everyone has abdominal muscles, you just have to uncover them....

Abs=10% exercise 90% Diet

riz
01-20-2005, 09:35 PM
thnx man, im not in good shape at all, if i can i'll try to get sum pics up of my problem areas, thnx

nezahualcoyotl
01-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Diet is hard...carbs are good for energy but bad for seeing your abs develop.

Dyl-G
01-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Totally about diet, When I go a while without eating I am totally ripped and can see every muscle in my stomach just twitch it's sick. But give me a beverage or something to chew and swallow and I feel my stomach isnt empty it isnt as ripped.....

Everyone has abdominal muscles, you just have to uncover them....

Abs=10% exercise 90% Diet

EXACTLY THE SAME HERE LIKE WHEN I WAKE UP IM LIKE GODDAMN WHO IS THAT? but then when i come home from pf changs im thinkin all this work is for nothin haha

Dyl-G
02-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Does Anyone Know How To Do Those Things Where Your Legs Are In The Air, Vertical To The Ground, Its Not Leg Raises, But Rocky Was Doing It In The Barn In Rocky 4, And Your On Your Upper Back Looking At Your Feet

Mick Hucknall
02-28-2005, 02:34 PM
dont know but that **** looks hard. is that where the trainer guy keeps shouting no pain!!.

leff
02-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Very true about what youve just eaten, i had very nice abs after last time i pushed down fore a fight and didnt eat for several days and were dehydrated.

Prospekt
03-17-2005, 11:13 AM
If you have access to real meals Id stay with full meals but if you are in a hurry or need something quick than a protein supplement should be fine, I drink one every morning for breakfast.

DONT MIX WITH MILK...Only Water[/QUOTE]

Why not mix with milk?

boxer2k5
03-17-2005, 02:45 PM
i have 93% body fat and i can see my 4 pack

Echojaybird
03-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Lots of V-ups, Bicycle Kicks, and original sit-ups. Side crunches help a lot with the lovehandles. Watch what you eat and the abs will start to show.

Echo

mickst3r
03-17-2005, 04:26 PM
get in a sit up postion but keep ur body angled at 45 degrees. hold a medicine ball out in front of you and twist from side to side explosively. this not only works out your obliques (love handle muscles) but also your hips for explosive, powerful tunrs