View Full Version : Today was a different day

boxer2k5
01-13-2005, 11:55 PM
I went into the gym a little pissed and confused and ashamed of my performance well lack of the day before

well today i pushed myself and worked out

some of the guys were sparring today

both of the guys i sparred with sparred with some guy from another gym for a few rounds

then my trainer sparred with the guy
and when he was done i called him out(my trainer and asked for a few roudns with him)

i got in and banged with my trainer
i jab i moved i sliped i hooked i threw crosses i threw combinations i threw body shots

my trainer banged on me
he caught with a shot straight to the nose that dazed me and almost stop the fight but i put my mouth piece back in and continued to fight

and banged somemore
thatw as the first time i was ever hurt in the ring
the first time i felt a punch that dazed me

but it was the first time i did what i was trained
it was the first time i didnt think i just did what i was supposed to do

i knew all of long that my problems in sparrign werent because of my ability but because of experience and mental holdbacks

and i steped up where noone else in my gym would ever do or think of

i banged with the guy who trains us all in my gym
and i felt i finally got the respect i felt i should have had in the first place
but i held myself back from not having a killer instinct
or jsut not feeling like i could be hurt by stable mates
so i never felt i had to really do much or wanted to do much

but i had to fight my trainer i called him out and i put my back against the wall

i feel if i have this feeling everytiem i step into the ring
i can be champ

its time for me to put friendship aside and leave mercy in the corner and bang these muh ****ers out
friend foe or stable mate

The1God
01-14-2005, 11:40 AM
I never sparred with my coaches and the only time I spared with others in our gym was to get a lighter guy to attempt to improve my speed or for deffensive purposes. My coach was way to old to get in the ring again. I never threw a punch at one of our guys with bad intentions on it. I did it to touch him, thats all. If I wanted to hit with power, I used a bag.

leff
01-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Ive never sparred with my trainer cause he is past 40 and dont train any more, but i would sure love to spar with him.

ShotgunSeanK
01-14-2005, 04:16 PM
i try to save my power punches for when i step into the ring to actually have a bout.

Tha Greatest
01-14-2005, 11:56 PM
sometimes when u throw it all u gotta use ur head while u do it,
when u go all out without bein relaxed u will get countered

boxer2k5
01-17-2005, 05:44 PM
i try to save my power punches for when i step into the ring to actually have a bout.

but when he is comming at you full force and can hurt you you have to do something

the other guys int he gym hit me hard but dont hurt me and i know why i didnt fight them

but against my trainer i had to fight
i couldnt bull**** like the day before

my trainer is like 40 in shape and really strong

dude is like 5'10 230

im 6' 195

it helped me alot mentally
and it gave me mroe confidence as well

cms
01-17-2005, 09:28 PM
yo boxer 2k5 how old are you? and how long have ya'll been boxin?