View Full Version : Potatoes

The1God
01-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Are they good or not? I love them, they are cheap and easy to prepare. But for somebody that needs to drop 40-50lbs.

spinksjinx
01-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Are they good or not? I love them, they are cheap and easy to prepare. But for somebody that needs to drop 40-50lbs.

Unless they are sweet potatoes, Which are NASTY!

No, I would not recommend them really especially since you are looking to drop weight.

The1God
01-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Sweet potatoes are ok? What other Vegies should be avoided?

spinksjinx
01-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Sweet potatoes are ok? What other Vegies should be avoided?

Fruits in the morning, veggies in the evening...Other than potatoes you are really all set.

stevenalexander
01-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Fruits in the morning, veggies in the evening...Other than potatoes you are really all set.

spinks-wats wrong with fruit in the morning an veggies in the evening??thats mainly how my diet is.

Johnny_Rocket
01-13-2005, 09:28 PM
spinks-wats wrong with fruit in the morning an veggies in the evening??thats mainly how my diet is. I think thats how your supposed to eat them. Veggies have next to no calories so night time is a good time for them and fruits are high in sugars that your body stores as fat so if eaten in the morning your body will have time to burn them off.

spinksjinx
01-14-2005, 08:10 AM
I think thats how your supposed to eat them. Veggies have next to no calories so night time is a good time for them and fruits are high in sugars that your body stores as fat so if eaten in the morning your body will have time to burn them off.

Hit the nail right on the head with that one, Karma to you.

The1God
01-14-2005, 09:15 AM
No bananas in the morning right? So an apple or an orange for breakfast? I hate salmon, I like other kinds of fish though... A can of tuna for lunch? Corn, peas at dinner is cool? Besides Salmon, can you substitute any fish?

spinksjinx
01-14-2005, 09:37 AM
No bananas in the morning right? So an apple or an orange for breakfast? I hate salmon, I like other kinds of fish though... A can of tuna for lunch? Corn, peas at dinner is cool? Besides Salmon, can you substitute any fish?

Banana's are possibly the worst fruit to eat.....Salmon is horrible I dont see how anybody can eat it although it is good for the body and skin, I cant bring myself to eat it......

Tuna is fine, I like Cod broiled with lemon juice you should try it sometime.

The1God
01-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Banana's are possibly the worst fruit to eat.....Salmon is horrible I dont see how anybody can eat it although it is good for the body and skin, I cant bring myself to eat it......

Tuna is fine, I like Cod broiled with lemon juice you should try it sometime.

Yup, I like it too, I would normally sprinkle breadcrumbs over that but, no bread for me. Can you eat too much fruit in the morning? Like 2 oranges or 3? Do you drink Coffee? I heard that is bad. I can't live without java! I am just trying to get my plan set up for Monday.

spinksjinx
01-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Yup, I like it too, I would normally sprinkle breadcrumbs over that but, no bread for me. Can you eat too much fruit in the morning? Like 2 oranges or 3? Do you drink Coffee? I heard that is bad. I can't live without java! I am just trying to get my plan set up for Monday.

Yes you can if you dont burn it off, Also when I consume to much sugar and workout I usually get stomach cramps real bad like a pain in my side this occurs when to much sugar is in the body so if you are experiencing any pain in the stomach adjust your sugar content.

No I drink nothing but water usually and crystal light is sometimes an option (best alternative) and occasionally a glass of Orange Juice. Coffee isnt bad and it isnt good, depending what you put in it. Plus it is bad for the teeth anyhow if you are drinking it for caffeine reasons might I suggest caffeine pills as an alternative.

The1God
01-14-2005, 11:20 AM
I figured V8 would be a great drink or Gatorade.
Melons good? Cantalope?
Coffee is a heavy addiction, I will slowly back out of that one.

What about lunch? How heavy do you go there? I have been told by a couple people that the dont eat lunch just snack all day.

spinksjinx
01-14-2005, 11:45 AM
I figured V8 would be a great drink or Gatorade.
Melons good? Cantalope?
Coffee is a heavy addiction, I will slowly back out of that one.

What about lunch? How heavy do you go there? I have been told by a couple people that the dont eat lunch just snack all day.

You need 3 main meals and 3 snacks, they should balance between 2-3 hours a piece.

Gatorade is packed with sugar which can turn to fat, Id stay away...V8 isnt to bad of a choice but it is slammed with sodium which is fine as long as you flush it out with water immediatly.

When inducing your body with a lot of salt, be sure to cleanse it out and drink TONS OF WATER! it will flush out your system....3 bottles of 20 oz water does not constitute as Tons either....

The1God
01-14-2005, 12:29 PM
I normally drink 100-150 OZ of water a day. So for lunch, what do you suggest? Can of tuna? Big glass of V8 with water chaser?

spinksjinx
01-14-2005, 12:35 PM
I normally drink 100-150 OZ of water a day. So for lunch, what do you suggest? Can of tuna? Big glass of V8 with water chaser?

Ahh dont kill yourself man lol, You could prepare a nice skinless boneless chicken breast with some vegetables.....

Eat nothing processed eat ALL natural foods like fruits and vegetables and lean white meats but if red meat is an option make sure it is 92% lean or higher. If you decide to eat bread make sure it isnt Enriched STAY CLEAR of ENRICHED!

The1God
01-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Gotcha, I will need to plan this out for the next week... Salads are ok for lunch? If yes, does dressing matter? I know if you go for low calorie or low fat they are normally high in carbs. Sorry about all these Questions, I am dead serious about this.

leff
01-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Gotcha, I will need to plan this out for the next week... Salads are ok for lunch? If yes, does dressing matter? I know if you go for low calorie or low fat they are normally high in carbs. Sorry about all these Questions, I am dead serious about this.

Salads are allways good,but skip the dressing.

The1God
01-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Dry? How about Vinigar?

ShotgunSeanK
01-14-2005, 05:09 PM
just wondering why bananas are possibly the worst fruit you can eat? they are the nicest though.

Tha Greatest
01-15-2005, 12:49 AM
Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice, Whole Wheat Bread, and Oatmeal are the best carbohydrates for u.

Sweet Potatoes and white potatoes taste tha same from my experience, so i just eat sweet, and Whole Wheat bread i loooooooooooove it and oatmeal is good to.

Fruits, and nuts are also good carbos.

Stay away from white potatoes, white rice, white bread, raisins, and bananas

The1God
01-15-2005, 02:26 AM
Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice, Whole Wheat Bread, and Oatmeal are the best carbohydrates for u.

Sweet Potatoes and white potatoes taste tha same from my experience, so i just eat sweet, and Whole Wheat bread i loooooooooooove it and oatmeal is good to.

Fruits, and nuts are also good carbos.

Stay away from white potatoes, white rice, white bread, raisins, and bananas

Raisons? So I am asuming that Grapes are bad too. How do you prepare your sweet potatoes? The only way I know is with Brown sugar and butter and that cant be good!

Fistecles
01-15-2005, 09:51 AM
There's nothing wroung with eating potatoes, sweet or regular. Having a potato with other veggitables is good. As long as your not covering it with cheese bacon sourcream, or frying it. And of course watching how much you eat is important. If you want mmore help on eating read an article I wrote here in the training colomn called "I hope this helps you guys".

leff
01-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Dry? How about Vinigar?

Im not sure about winegear, i guess its okay.