No announcement yet.

More Boxing on NBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Boxing on NBC

So I managed to catch all of NBC boxing this Saturday when flipping through the channels. Are these broadcasts getting good ratings? Will there be more boxing on major networks more often in the future? I'd like to see that. Today I just flashed back to my childhood and early teen years when we had Marv Albert calling boxing on NBC on Saturday afternoons and Tim Ryan with Gil Clancy on CBS. I hope we get to see more of this. Do you guys think boxing is trending more towards major networks now? I know HBO will always have more boxing on Saturdays and sometimes Showtime, but do you think this will happen more often? I hope it does.

I just hope we get some better fights though. First fight was okay, had some skill, the second fight a little more action packed. It had two guys punching hard, going for the knockout. They even had time to show another undercard fight. I know the title fights will probably be mostly HBO and Showtime, sometimes PPV, but that we at least get a few high level main events more often on NBC or some other major network. Broadcasts like this could at least be a step towards boxing not just being a fringe sport in the US.

I really enjoyed the days where ABC, NBC and CBS showed boxing regularly. It is great NBC is flirting with the sport again. Hopefully the other networks will join in soon.

Comment

Who'd they have square up? ........... Rockin'

Comment

Working...
      X