View Full Version : Cotto targets Hatton

barryboy
09-19-2004, 10:54 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/3670136.stm

One of the best lines in this story is 'Ricky will fight anybody, Ricky's not the problem' Yeah and we know who is don't we :mad: No way do i see Warren letting Hatton anywhere near Cotto, he says wait for the winner of Tszyu/Mitchell, probably hoping that the lay off will have effected Tszyu in a bad way so Mitchell will win and he looks the easiest of those 3 fighters for Hatton to beat imo. None of the fights mentioned will probablt come to anything.

bubba1
09-19-2004, 01:42 PM
i dont think this fight will evert come off, hatton wont come here and cotto wont go there

Sir_Jose
09-19-2004, 03:24 PM
i dont think this fight will evert come off, hatton wont come here and cotto wont go there

exactly, hit the nail right on the head

mic573
09-19-2004, 03:29 PM
If this fight happens Cotto will show Hatton what a real fighter looks like and what a real fighter does in the ring. I wish Cotto would go over there and beat him in front of a sold out MEN arena just to let Warren and his fans know that they waited too long and have hurt Hatton chances of become a real threat at 140. I use to think Hatton may become a good fighter at 140 but he chose to not stand up to Warren and fight some real fighters instead of Sharmba Mitchell's leftovers.

neils7147933
09-19-2004, 03:57 PM
Hatton doesn't want Cotto. Cotto would give him his first 'L'.

Hatton might fight Tszyu, but only if Mitchell KOs him first.

realheavyhands
09-19-2004, 04:10 PM
no figther should go there all them euro fighters is protected the coast to decisions all the time i will never go over there unless i got to

.::|ULTIMATE|::.
09-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Cotto would be too much for hatton.

I bet Hatton gives up the #1 mandatory contender spot.

baya
09-20-2004, 10:05 AM
exactly, hit the nail right on the head

actually, i disagree :cool:

cotto would go to the UK, his firm lines 'um up and cotto lays 'um down.

psychopath
09-20-2004, 06:54 PM
One of these days HATTON will have to fight Cotto . . . he can run but he can't hide. If he is a real fighter and great as he is being regarded then why duck a very worthy opponent. Have you guys heard Hopkins saying no to anybody? Have you heard De La Hoya move away from any body? Well these are the real CHAMPS . . . real fighters . . . . .real warriors. :cool:

mr. bojangles
09-22-2004, 05:11 AM
Finally, Cotto is a world champion. In perhaps the most exciting and deepest weight class in boxing today, the 140 lbs. Jr. Welterweight that has Cotto, Tzsyu, Gatti & Mayweather, Hatton seems to be the untested favorite. So it's just natural for the young champ to call him out, a named fighter whom they reckon can give good competition and a further boost to Cotto's stock.

Cotto will beat the daylights out of Hatton.

PacKillsMorales
09-23-2004, 04:25 AM
Finally, Cotto is a world champion. In perhaps the most exciting and deepest weight class in boxing today, the 140 lbs. Jr. Welterweight that has Cotto, Tzsyu, Gatti & Mayweather, Hatton seems to be the untested favorite. So it's just natural for the young champ to call him out, a named fighter whom they reckon can give good competition and a further boost to Cotto's stock.

Cotto will beat the daylights out of Hatton.

who rates hatton as the untested favourite.....mancunians thats it

i wonder how many years the hatton not steppin up debate will rage on...he better f**king fight someone soon thats is top or he may as well just line up his retirement for when cotto , gatti or mayweather puts him on a drip feed, :eek:

Ranger2408
09-25-2004, 05:04 PM
I got to see the Pinto- Cotto fight, Cotto will rip through Hatton like a buzzsaw through butter.
Cotto is so focused in there has a plan and sticks to it, adapts really well to a situation and has power in both hands, his body work is vicious too and he is a good finisher.
My favourite prospect today, awesome to watch.

elveiel
09-25-2004, 08:05 PM
I dont see why everyone a has jumped on to the Cotto bang wagon!!! Cotto beat a top 20 fighter in Pinto and the fight shouldnt have been for a world title anyway!!

Cotto is a class act but to say he'd whip Hatton is stupid, Hatton is the strongest and highest tempo fighter at 140 who lands 40/50% of his punches!!

I have watched the Cotto vs Pinto fight and Hatton would have taken Pinto out easily, He's a big tall puncher with a **** defence and Hatton could work to the body all night on him!

Cotto would be too high risk with little reward for Hatton at this stage of his career so it wont happen anyway!

acquitted
09-25-2004, 10:12 PM
no figther should go there all them euro fighters is protected the coast to decisions all the time i will never go over there unless i got to

ur right..euro judges cheat..and the refs cheat..they let euro fighters hit american fighters in the back of the head

PacKillsMorales
09-25-2004, 11:14 PM
ur right..euro judges cheat..and the refs cheat..they let euro fighters hit american fighters in the back of the head

is that a joke.....theres corruption the world over and america stands top of the list...(its top of the boxing list full stop)

its just as hard for a british fighter to get the result against an american in america as vice versa.

and realheavyhands if thats the only reason you wouldnt come to the eu then what the f**k you doing in america.

ask about the biggest controversial decisions youll get a list almost always containing an american.

Ranger2408
09-26-2004, 06:42 AM
I dont see why everyone a has jumped on to the Cotto bang wagon!!! Cotto beat a top 20 fighter in Pinto and the fight shouldnt have been for a world title anyway!!

Cotto is a class act but to say he'd whip Hatton is stupid, Hatton is the strongest and highest tempo fighter at 140 who lands 40/50% of his punches!!

I have watched the Cotto vs Pinto fight and Hatton would have taken Pinto out easily, He's a big tall puncher with a **** defence and Hatton could work to the body all night on him!

Cotto would be too high risk with little reward for Hatton at this stage of his career so it wont happen anyway!
Come on now Cotto is far more powerful than Hatton is. Hatton does not really have concussive punching power he just throws alot.
Cotto has excellent defence as well as the power, Pinto only landed 11% of his shots.
Cotto has also fought much better opponents, not Sharmba Mitchells leftovers.

elveiel
09-26-2004, 07:01 AM
is that a joke.....theres corruption the world over and america stands top of the list...(its top of the boxing list full stop)

its just as hard for a british fighter to get the result against an american in america as vice versa.

and realheavyhands if thats the only reason you wouldnt come to the eu then what the f**k you doing in america.

ask about the biggest controversial decisions youll get a list almost always containing an american.

I'd say Germany, Italy and America in that order! Thats the worst countrys for home fighter scoring.

If anything UK judges are too ****ing honest!!! Apart from letting Johnny Nelson draw against Guillermo Jones, that was a joke!

elveiel
09-26-2004, 07:36 AM
Come on now Cotto is far more powerful than Hatton is. Hatton does not really have concussive punching power he just throws alot.
Cotto has excellent defence as well as the power, Pinto only landed 11% of his shots.
Cotto has also fought much better opponents, not Sharmba Mitchells leftovers.

Miguel Cotto
http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=033535

Ricky Hatton
http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=009314

Look Cotto's last 6 fights!

Rocky Matrinez - Stephen Smith beat him! JOKE

Demetrio Ceballos - Shane mosley, Randall Bailey, Stevie Johnston left overs!

Carlos Maussa - Look at this fighters record!! JOKE!! http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=181618

Victoriano Sosa - Lightweight but i'll say this was a good win!

Lovemore N'Dou - Sharmba Mitchell Left overs!!

Kelso Pinto - Too scared to fight Hatton!!

Hatton has Beaten some fighter that Mitchell has already but he'd have too! Have you seen how many fighters Mitchell has been in with?

I'd says Cotto's single shots are harder than Hatton but nobody knows if that true! All fighters who fight Hatton come to survive! they all cover up making it alot harder to KO.

Cotto is to high risk for Hatton at the moment but Hatton doesnt deserve the lack of respect he's getting!!

Oh yeah! your a ****ing Frank Warren hater!! :p :)

snoopy360
09-26-2004, 10:03 AM
The fact is that Hatton hasn't fought any real compition yet and Cotto has. A fight between Hatton and Cotto won't happen because Hatton will lose and Warren wants to wait for a big payday. Although Cotto's compition has been getting better I thought it was brilliant of team Cotto to match him up against Pinto. They got Pinto at the perfect moment when Cotto had the more experiance and skill. I think if Pinto had more experiance it might have been a whole lot harder for Cotto to beat him.

elveiel
09-26-2004, 12:48 PM
The fact is that Hatton hasn't fought any real compition yet and Cotto has. A fight between Hatton and Cotto won't happen because Hatton will lose and Warren wants to wait for a big payday. Although Cotto's compition has been getting better I thought it was brilliant of team Cotto to match him up against Pinto. They got Pinto at the perfect moment when Cotto had the more experiance and skill. I think if Pinto had more experiance it might have been a whole lot harder for Cotto to beat him.

Read the post above!!

Look at who Cotto has been in with and name one top 5 140lb fighter!

Both Hatton and Cotto havent beaten a current top 5 fighter.

SonnyG8R
09-26-2004, 10:47 PM
I love Cotto and I'd love to see him kick Hatton's ass. This kid is going to be something special i think.

oldgringo
09-27-2004, 01:12 AM
Ele...Cotto destroys Hatton inside of 8 rounds. N'Dou is a tough fight for ANYBODY. He gave Sharmba a hell of a fight. Sosa was a tough fighter who went the full 12 with Mayweather and Cotto destroyed him. Pinto is also another tough 140 pounder who many people were saying could very well beat Cotto and would outbox him blah blah blah...Cotto stops him too. This fight probably won't happen but that's okay because Cotto has bigger fish to fry(c'mon Mayweather :D )

J !
09-27-2004, 04:46 AM
Read the post above!!

correct. :cool:

for ndou / cotto read tackie for hatton.

both easily the best names on the respective records but both wqould only be 8/9 on the top ten at the time of fighting.

FistFest
09-27-2004, 08:00 AM
Cotto will easily slice through Hatton's defense. Miguel will see enough openings from the volume of punches Hatton loves to throw. Hatton has a tendency to be off balance after releasing a power shot so I expect Cotto to knock him out with a powerful counter. Should Cotto play pressure fighter, Hatton will still lose. Cotto is more intelligent in choosing his shots.

psychopath
09-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Read the post above!!

To answer that none yet brother :D . . . let's just give Cotto a chance . . . the guy is just starting . . . he'll get into that sooner or later . . . against the top 5? It's not going to be a sure win . . . only a stupid fool would say that . . . but I can assure you that ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE before anybody can stop COTTO. :cool:

lionking
09-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Nice to see you here PSO_junior we missed you in MP.ph :)

elveiel
09-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Cotto will easily slice through Hatton's defense. Miguel will see enough openings from the volume of punches Hatton loves to throw. Hatton has a tendency to be off balance after releasing a power shot so I expect Cotto to knock him out with a powerful counter. Should Cotto play pressure fighter, Hatton will still lose. Cotto is more intelligent in choosing his shots.

I dont think Cotto will easily slice through Hattons defence, Hatton is a very methodical fighter who has a very underated defence. The only shot Hatton lands slighty off balance is the left hook to the body, Cotto could catch Hatton with his own left hook there but he'll have to take one to give one!

Cotto counldnt play pressure fighter against Hatton, Hatton's strength and work rate are too good for that to work, Cotto will have to get inside and return Hatton shots with quick powerful combo's and hope they take him out(there is a good chance that will happen)

Its a closer fight than people think. this fight is one of the most interesting styles match i can remember and i could go either way.

elveiel
09-27-2004, 04:01 PM
To answer that none yet brother :D . . . let's just give Cotto a chance . . . the guy is just starting . . . he'll get into that sooner or later . . . against the top 5? It's not going to be a sure win . . . only a stupid fool would say that . . . but I can assure you that ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE before anybody can stop COTTO. :cool:

Things will come a lot quicker for Cotto in the ring anyway, he has better sparring in america and didnt need to be moved along as slow as Hatton did. As ive always said Hatton did his learning and sparring in real fights were Cotto could do it behind closed doors in the gym.

Neither fighter will give up and we could see fireworks. :)

psychopath
09-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Nice to see you here PSO_junior we missed you in MP.ph :)

Peace brother, I miss the site and you my friends back there too. ;) I guess you know what has transpired . . . I'm just not comfortable posting with people I hate. . . If there's anything I hate it's the LIARS, PRETENDERS and WANNA BE's, not everybody though I'm reffering to just about two posters . . . :D

Hey I should be the one to welcome you here! :)

mr. bojangles
09-27-2004, 11:38 PM
I dont think Cotto will easily slice through Hattons defence, Hatton is a very methodical fighter who has a very underated defence. The only shot Hatton lands slighty off balance is the left hook to the body, Cotto could catch Hatton with his own left hook there but he'll have to take one to give one!

Cotto counldnt play pressure fighter against Hatton, Hatton's strength and work rate are too good for that to work, Cotto will have to get inside and return Hatton shots with quick powerful combo's and hope they take him out(there is a good chance that will happen)

Its a closer fight than people think. this fight is one of the most interesting styles match i can remember and i could go either way.

Cotto may not be able to pressure Hatton, but he can counterpunch him. Hatton looks wild at times and that Cotto can take advantage of. It could go either way, but I favor Cotto in this match-up. He simply hits a lot harder and a lot more skilled IMO plus the fact that Hatton has just been fighting nobodies at home. He really needs to step up the plate to prove his worth.

elveiel
10-10-2004, 06:27 AM
Cotto may not be able to pressure Hatton, but he can counterpunch him. Hatton looks wild at times and that Cotto can take advantage of. It could go either way, but I favor Cotto in this match-up. He simply hits a lot harder and a lot more skilled IMO plus the fact that Hatton has just been fighting nobodies at home. He really needs to step up the plate to prove his worth.

Ndou = Philips

Pinto = Tackie

Cotto has been fighting nobody's at home then! :p

both will prove there worth soon, they are both good fighters with a point to prove.

grayfist
10-11-2004, 05:28 AM
I like the prospect of a Cotto-Hatton fight AT THIS STAGE IN BOTH FIGHTERS' careers. Ok, may be a little later, but not too much later. :)

Cotto may have an ever so slight edge in that he trains in the U.S./PR where there's an avalanche of good sparring partners at or in the vicinity of his weight, while Hatton may have sometimes to scrape the bottom of the barrel for any in GB. But over each of the two's last five fights, I think many've seen enough to eagerly look forward to their meeting, if one gets arranged soon. It's gonna be a tough one to call, I think. But here's one that I'm sure of: the styles of the duo are gonna show boxing's non-fans that there's some METHOD IN THIS MADNESS called pro boxing and not all mayhem and muck. :)

psychopath
10-11-2004, 06:01 AM
Things will come a lot quicker for Cotto in the ring anyway, he has better sparring in america and didnt need to be moved along as slow as Hatton did. As ive always said Hatton did his learning and sparring in real fights were Cotto could do it behind closed doors in the gym.

Neither fighter will give up and we could see fireworks. :)

Absolutely ! ;)

rudy
10-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Hatton can stop Cotto did anybody see his last fight he battered Stewart. first class knockout.

theironone
10-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Hatton can stop Cotto did anybody see his last fight he battered Stewart. first class knockout.
I think Cotto wins a war, late stoppage or points

elveiel
10-11-2004, 01:29 PM
I think Cotto wins a war, late stoppage or points

I think Hatton wins a war, he comes to the ring ready for 15 rounds, he can do 12 at full pace easily.

He's used to mixing it and Cotto isnt, i was shocked at how Cotto reacted when Ndou roughed him up abit and Ndou isnt in the same league as Hatton.

For me its a 50/50 fight, Cotto could beat Hatton in a tear up but he'd be wise to try and box him.

baya
10-19-2004, 12:16 PM
wouldn't it be great if hatton didn't waive his #1 ranking w/ the WBO and fight cotto for his strap? his given his #1 ranking up twice already, lets hope that he does indeed go for the winner of the mitchell/tzuyu scrap.

the fight, cotto/hatton has VEGAS all over it. this would be a good scrap that i'd see (duh) Cotto putting hatton flat on his face by a lethal left hand counter that buckles hattons legs and puts him down for a 50 count.

elveiel
10-19-2004, 12:26 PM
wouldn't it be great if hatton didn't waive his #1 ranking w/ the WBO and fight cotto for his strap? his given his #1 ranking up twice already, lets hope that he does indeed go for the winner of the mitchell/tzuyu scrap.

the fight, cotto/hatton has VEGAS all over it. this would be a good scrap that i'd see (duh) Cotto putting hatton flat on his face by a lethal left hand counter that buckles hattons legs and puts him down for a 50 count.

:D Your funny baya!!

Cotto/Hatton is a good fight, but its too risky for little reward!

If Hatton wins the IBF then this is a good fight.

baya
10-19-2004, 12:31 PM
:D Your funny baya!!

Cotto/Hatton is a good fight, but its too risky for little reward!

If Hatton wins the IBF then this is a good fight.

no dizzle, nizzle. i'm pulling for hatton to step up and get that damn strap. i just hope that little bastard drops warren, cuz to make a fight btwn fw and arum .... i shutter to think ....

Great
10-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Hatton can win at Cotto. Miguel is not Kostya.:) Though Cotto to me it seems to more professional, than Hatton. RH weakest of them.

hexman
11-02-2004, 03:18 PM
this would be a great fight, lets hope it happens

Moon
11-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Cotto? What does he care about Hatton? That WBU "belt" would fit Cotto very easily, but that strap would not command any respect. Cotto's performances to-date are what command respect.

Then there's Hatton, the WBU "champ" who does not offer anything of interest, except to the simplest-minded of fight fans. Truth is, Cotto-Hatton should not be allowed to happen, because it would ridicule the sport.

As much as I dislike Hatton and his low risk, stay-at-home brand of boxing, I don't need to see another one-sided bout. But, most of all, Cotto has nothing to prove by taking this fight, and Hatton has done nothing to deserve this opportunity.

drag0n_
11-02-2004, 06:13 PM
What on earth has Cotto done to be Supreme fighter over Hatton?

Moon
11-02-2004, 07:30 PM
You don't have to look too closely at Cotto to recognize that he is a fighter with classic skills. There's many other people who agree. When there's a big fight like the Morales-Barrera rematch, you need somebody on the undercard right? You don't just give those bouts away. Who was there? Cotto, showing his great counter punching skills while knocking former title challenger Justin Juuko on his can twice before that was stopped by the ref. Cotto was then selected, based on his performance and skill, for the undercard for the super fight between Oscar De La Hoya and Fernando Vargas.

Maybe Hatton should have been on those undercards, but was overlooked? You know, since he's such a big draw for boxing purists.

muay
11-03-2004, 02:32 AM
Cotto is so calm and poised out there, his shots economical but devastatingly accurate while keeping a tight defense. With Hatton's pressure punching style, Cotto will counterpunch him to death.

I wish this fight happens, i enjoy watching fights ending in TKO's. ;)

markosg19
11-03-2004, 07:57 AM
run ricky, run for your life!!!

GxBrak
11-03-2004, 09:38 AM
What on earth has Cotto done to be Supreme fighter over Hatton?

he has fought, and defeated far superior opposition (Ndou, Pinto most notably)

J !
11-03-2004, 10:49 AM
he has fought, and defeated far superior opposition (Ndou, Pinto most notably)

sorry but they are no better than tackie and phillips were so thats invalid, fact is they have fought similar level opposition up to now, just cotto has taken nearly half the fights and has moved along a lot quicker.

hatton will do the biznezz in 2005 he has to, he has no where else to go.

Finally whomever is quoting justin juuko as a credible opponent should be ashmed, guy just got KOd by Michael Gomez at SUPERFEATHER. :eek:
that was a horrible horrible match against Cotto. ****ing ridiculous.
In fact is was continued for some time as Cotto was gleaned on lightweight (for example Sosa) until recently so dont be fooled by the names here people.
Cotto has only stepped it up since he fought Ndou, I suggest if you think otherwise you look at the opponents on his record and what weight they normally fight at. (hatton has done similar in the past also Rios,etc)

Please do think before you post it tho rather than regurgitaitng what it is fashionable to say (i.e. props to cotto and slate hatton) would make a pleasant change :D

GxBrak
11-04-2004, 01:27 AM
well i do apologize for having an equally valid opinion

J !
11-04-2004, 07:55 AM
due I wasnt having a go merely telling you the facts in repsonse to your claim that Cotto has fought better opposition.

seems you dont have much to back it up with though if thats your reponse? interested to hear why you might think different.

J !
11-04-2004, 07:55 AM
dude I wasnt having a go merely telling you the facts in response to your claim that Cotto has fought better opposition.

seems you dont have much to back it up with though if thats your reply? interested to hear why you might think different.

elveiel
11-04-2004, 01:50 PM
dude I wasnt having a go merely telling you the facts in response to your claim that Cotto has fought better opposition.

seems you dont have much to back it up with though if thats your reply? interested to hear why you might think different.

I have to agree with a lot you have said, I like both Cotto and Hatton and have been following their careers for a long time now but Cotto opponents are probably slighty worst than Hattons. At least Vince Phillips was a genuine world champ at one stage and Tackie was rated number 3 before Tszyu took him down, Pinto and Ndou have never been inside the top ten!

Both Cotto and Hatton need to step it up now, there both fighting below their level and could do great things at 140lbs if Arum and Warren can pick the right fights for them.

J !
11-05-2004, 09:11 AM
eventually heaidng on a collision course!!!

it irks me somewhat that everyone all of sudden claims hatton is a protected fighter is crap blah blah blah, this time last year he was the darling of boxing. :mad:

It isnt his fault that Pinto didnt show and nhe had to fight pedersen, Harris is debatable of course there are two sides to every argument but I very much doubt Vivian earned more for a rematch against Urkal than he woudl have done against hatton.

Stewart was a biding time fight and he is now in decent position to challenge for either the IBF or WBO, what do people want him to do for a warm up fight got Vegas and fight Mayweather in as large a ring as possible, come on. Its not just a sport its a business too.

RJj1fan
11-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Doesn't matter to me who Cotto fights, I just want to see him beat some ass.

xoalvinox
11-26-2004, 12:11 AM
Good fight, if Cotto can take Hatton's so called punch, Cotto via UD

Invader_Stu
11-28-2004, 07:48 AM
I just wanted to say Germany is a disgrace IMO for their biases. Mainly because I watched my boy Danny Green (aussie fighter) get ROBBED of a fight he was winning in style because of a headbutt. It wasnt even malicious, and instead of warning or deducting a point - the Ref *saved* the German fighter and DQ'd Danny Green! That was unheard of and a complete fkn joke!!

Sorry.. just had to get that out of my system :)

BigMikeD
11-28-2004, 09:22 PM
he wont fight anybody

BigMikeD
so called punch?

BigMikeD
ya that sounds good

sean2079
12-03-2004, 06:22 AM
hmmmmm, let's see about that. :)

Mikie
12-03-2004, 06:24 AM
It should be interesting!

Great
12-08-2004, 02:01 PM
I would like to see this fight.

dansweeney
12-08-2004, 02:03 PM
cotto kayo's hatton within 9 rounds, cotto is the truth! first i would like to see cotto kill pbf in the ring though, then he can take on hatton

Great
12-08-2004, 02:09 PM
I think, guys are equal. To predict outcome here very hard. As against fight Hatton vs Kostya.

elveiel
12-08-2004, 02:09 PM
cotto kayo's hatton within 9 rounds, cotto is the truth! first i would like to see cotto kill pbf in the ring though, then he can take on hatton

He could be the truth, or he could have been managed very well.

IMO he's a great talent but he got beat a lot in the ams, and everyone knows how good of a match maker Bob Arum is!!

I'm picking Hatton to rough him up and take him out late.

dansweeney
12-08-2004, 02:27 PM
He could be the truth, or he could have been managed very well.

IMO he's a great talent but he got beat a lot in the ams, and everyone knows how good of a match maker Bob Arum is!!

I'm picking Hatton to rough him up and take him out late.

cotto proved the amateurs prob dont mean much by starching pinto, plus he beat lovemore n'dou and sosa, much more credible opponents than hatton, plus cotto's defense is very good, i wouldnt be surprised if he tko's hatton due to cuts

Cletus Funk
12-08-2004, 03:19 PM
cotto proved the amateurs prob dont mean much by starching pinto, plus he beat lovemore n'dou and sosa, much more credible opponents than hatton, plus cotto's defense is very good, i wouldnt be surprised if he tko's hatton due to cuts

It's a possibilty but Hatton's corner seem pretty good at stopping the bleeding and I've only seen one fight, against Thaxton, where it looked like it could be an issue. But the other guy was bleeding nearly as much then too.

Nick1998
12-08-2004, 03:28 PM
In my opinion, Cotto is way way to strong and explosive for Hatton. I think Hatton would try to slug with Cotto and end up paying for it. Plus, I dont think Hatton has ever been hit by a big puncher. I mean he slugged it out with Phillips but he has never fought anyone with one punch KO power. It would be nice to see how he would react if he got in trouble. I wouldnt mind seeing him mix it up with Pinto.

Cletus Funk
12-08-2004, 03:45 PM
In my opinion, Cotto is way way to strong and explosive for Hatton. I think Hatton would try to slug with Cotto and end up paying for it. Plus, I dont think Hatton has ever been hit by a big puncher. I mean he slugged it out with Phillips but he has never fought anyone with one punch KO power. It would be nice to see how he would react if he got in trouble. I wouldnt mind seeing him mix it up with Pinto.

Magee's quite a big puncher and he did have him shaken a couple of times but he recovered pretty quickly. He also admitted post-fight that one of Phillips' upercuts had him really dazed, but again he shook it off straight away. He's still not 100% proven though in that respect, you're right.

Wasn't he lined up to fight Pinto but he backed out at the last minute for no reason?

elveiel
12-08-2004, 03:58 PM

I'd say that Hattons way stronger than Cotto!

Hatton out roughed a very strong Tackie, even Tszyu(very strong himself) didnt want to test his strength against that guy!!

And remember the Ndou fight, Ndou's strength give Cotto a lot of trouble.

baya
12-08-2004, 04:52 PM

Hatton out roughed a very strong Tackie, even Tszyu(very strong himself) didnt want to test his strength against that guy!!

:rolleyes:

here we go again ...

oldgringo
12-08-2004, 05:19 PM

It was hardly N'Dou's strength that gave Cotto trouble. It was his toughness and awkward brawling that gave Cotto the most trouble. Cotto was never hurt by N'Dou...I think he was surprised by a punch or two...but never hurt or in trouble.

That being said, Cotto is much more powerful than Hatton. We'll see Cotto easily carry his power all the way up to 160.

Nick1998
12-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Wasn't he lined up to fight Pinto but he backed out at the last minute for no reason?

I believe that the fight was set but a week prior to the fight Pinto has to cancell becuase he said he had a stomach virus.

J !
12-09-2004, 07:41 AM
i was supposed to be at the pinto fight but there were various excuses a virus, his immanent birth of his child etc etc anyway he didnt turn up.

Right lets ge this straight to date Cotto and Hatton have fought similar level opponents, Ndou = Tackie , sosa does NOT wash he is a lightweight you cant slag hartton off for taking on Rios / pederson then quote Sosa as a decent opponent.
By the way the latest match up is a ****ing disgrace, Bailey is shot to peices they should be ashamed, Oliveria is a better match than bailey. Im disgusted with Cotto management for sticking him with a guy who has lost 3 of his last six and managed to win 3 agianst no hopers witha combined record 2-4-1 / 60-247-15 / AND 12-42-1 .

so that makes 72 wins vs 300 odd defeats some form huh.

IT SUX!

Pinto is pretty much an unknown quantity having boxed in Brazil for most his pro career and he looked very defensively open to me when he fought Cotto, not taking anything away form Cotto's performance.

Cotto is undoutedly the bigger puncher out of the two but likes to fight at his own pace, hatton would not let him do that.

Cotto is also very left hand happy, due to the ****ed up right arm he suffered in a car crash and i mean ****ed up. Broke in several places and had several operations so there is no way he hiuts as hard with his right as he does left.

He doesnt uyse his right very much in actual fact probably 2-1 ratio, this might leave him in trouble agianst the top tier.

His qualities are there for all to see his deficiences may be more subtle.

Both are at a similar level difference being Miguel has got there quicker its a 50/50 fight in my opinion, different styles and i reckon coudl be candidate for fight of the year.

One things for sure if it does happen ill be ringside, wherever in the world its happening.

Cletus Funk
12-09-2004, 07:56 AM
i was supposed to be at the pinto fight but there were various excuses a virus, his immanent birth of his child etc etc anyway he didnt turn up.

Right lets ge this straight to date Cotto and Hatton have fought similar level opponents, Ndou = Tackie , sosa does NOT wash he is a lightweight you cant slag hartton off for taking on Rios / pederson then quote Sosa as a decent opponent.
By the way the latest match up is a ****ing disgrace, Bailey is shot to peices they should be ashamed, Oliveria is a better match than bailey. Im disgusted with Cotto management for sticking him with a guy who has lost 3 of his last six and managed to win 3 agianst no hopers witha combined record 2-4-1 / 60-247-15 / AND 12-42-1 .

so that makes 72 wins vs 300 odd defeats some form huh.

IT SUX!

Pinto is pretty much an unknown quantity having boxed in Brazil for most his pro career and he looked very defensively open to me when he fought Cotto, not taking anything away form Cotto's performance.

Cotto is undoutedly the bigger puncher out of the two but likes to fight at his own pace, hatton would not let him do that.

Cotto is also very left hand happy, due to the ****ed up right arm he suffered in a car crash and i mean ****ed up. Broke in several places and had several operations so there is no way he hiuts as hard with his right as he does left.

He doesnt uyse his right very much in actual fact probably 2-1 ratio, this might leave him in trouble agianst the top tier.

His qualities are there for all to see his deficiences may be more subtle.

Both are at a similar level difference being Miguel has got there quicker its a 50/50 fight in my opinion, different styles and i reckon coudl be candidate for fight of the year.

One things for sure if it does happen ill be ringside, wherever in the world its happening.

Who's the guy with the 247 losses? :eek:

If Cotto's got no right, it nullifies Hatton's major weakness too.

J !
12-09-2004, 12:04 PM
frankie rindell or similar who ****ing cares he has 247 losses :D :D i know i have knowledge but im not an encyclopedia! :D i know this cos i looke dit up a while ago.

cotto has no right hand to mention it serves its purpose thats all, trust me.

in fact if you dont trust me look up "miguel cotto car crash" then you will trust me.

problem with most folk at times is they cant be bothered to do the research and im not talking hearsay, take time to educate opinions not just spout off.

take on the the false and the facts and make a decision njot just spout off. its a lot like some folk caliing Danny a bum, **** me he has never been a bum. In fact 99% of boxers who get themselves in shape are not bums. Even Gerard london who has not boxing abiulity at all but is fit and tries hard is not a bum.
folk need to show more repsect to fighters its ****ing hard game this.

then you get...............
"cotto is the next suger ray!!!" cos the watch him beat up justin juuko, annoys the **** out of me.
cos i spend 15 hours plus a week a researching, reading and finding out. I understand that most people dont have that time or will to do so, but i have so be sure of you r facts b4 you take me on!!!!

not aimed at you frank by thew way just a random rant! :D

Cletus Funk
12-09-2004, 12:37 PM
not aimed at you frank by thew way just a random rant! :D

Get it off your chest lad, you've been far too restrained and rational since I've been on here!! :D

J !
12-09-2004, 12:39 PM
hahaha cheers bro, i call it how i see it! :cool: :) ;)

IwatchBoxing
12-09-2004, 01:54 PM
Between Cotto and Hatton are age/fights differnces
Hatton age 26, 37 fights 37 wins 27 KOs
Cotto age 24, 21 fights 21 wins 17 KOs

elveiel
12-09-2004, 02:15 PM

here we go again ...

here we go again ...

elveiel
12-09-2004, 02:20 PM
It was hardly N'Dou's strength that gave Cotto trouble. It was his toughness and awkward brawling that gave Cotto the most trouble. Cotto was never hurt by N'Dou...I think he was surprised by a punch or two...but never hurt or in trouble.

That being said, Cotto is much more powerful than Hatton. We'll see Cotto easily carry his power all the way up to 160.

If thats your opinion :cool:

I just think that Hatton's a big light welter, Strength is a big part of his game.

Cotto has often said he could get back down to lightweight and i have never seen him muscle someone. If he is strong, he doesnt show it.

Are you taking punching power? i agree that Cotto has impressive power.

Prize_Fighter2K5
07-27-2005, 05:28 PM
man if cotto would fight hatton hed win because hatton doesent know how to cover up and evry time he would drop his gaurd cotto will lay combinations on his face all day

elveiel
07-28-2005, 03:15 AM
man if cotto would fight hatton hed win because hatton doesent know how to cover up and evry time he would drop his gaurd cotto will lay combinations on his face all day

Thats one of the worst reasoning i've heard for Cotto beating Hatton, Hatton covers up very well, i'd say his defence is a lot better than Cotto. At least Hatton slip punches and hold strong when the punches start coming at him.

Cotto needs to keep Hatton at a good distance and throw them really good combos he used to land. Cotto's problem is he's putting to much weight on, he needs to see a nutritionist and start picking up his hand speed or Hatton will just beat on him.

J !
07-28-2005, 07:46 AM

what like kostya was gonna nail hatton inside two like most predicted.

oh i see :rolleyes:

cotto is really stretchin himself with his next defence huh, :rolleyes: frikken Branco blokes ducked Witter 3 time in the past year and gets a shot?

sorry that is not good enough guy hasnt fought a top ten light welter yet so lets see how he goes then before making bold predictions shall we.

mick1punch
07-30-2005, 07:16 AM
u dont know what ya talking about they couldnt live with hatton

J !
08-01-2005, 06:19 AM
u dont know what ya talking about they couldnt live with hatton

that directed at me? if so you should really understand the word sarcasm?

there was plenty of it in the above post. Cotto hasnt fought a genuine world class light welter yet and he should hurry up and do so before we start acclaiming him as the next sugar ray.

Personally i think he is struggling with the weight and will move up to welter within 12 months possibly after getting his ass kicked by hatton.

+= El Jefe=+
08-01-2005, 07:40 AM
yeah right look what corley's punching did to cotto now imagine ricky's

kadyo
08-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Mybe not dude myabe naot. My take is that RH will totally crash cotto lie a bulldozer.

jservs7
08-23-2005, 12:21 AM
As much as I know it would be the smart move for Cotto not to go on Hatton's turf, I can still see him going just because of his heart.

I just hope Cotto chooses not to.

jservs7
08-23-2005, 12:24 AM
yeah right look what corley's punching did to cotto now imagine ricky's
I cant agree with that seeing as how Corley landed alot of flush shots and the one shot that he threw that staggered Cotto was in the back of the head. A shot like that would get anyone dazed.

Muhammad Abdullaev has way more power than Corley IMO and Cotto took way better shots from him than Corley gave em'.