No announcement yet.

Ian Lewison...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Lewison...

could be a tough out for a good few fighters on the domestic British scene.

He's not the best conditioned (though he has a big frame which makes it look worse than it is), he is 31, and he hasnt had many fights, but i think i can see some goods in him.

In Prizefighter he KO'd Timo Hoffman, rubbish stoppage but he floored him with a could of great shots. I missed the fight he lost against Derrick Rossi, but it was a SD in a 3 round fight so i dont look too much into that. He seems to have good reactions, hand speed and power from what i can see.

This is the only fight i could find on youtube:

(this is a great fight in its own right)

Oh and his nickname is Ian 'Lay em Out' Lewison, which is pure genius as far as im concerned.

Comment

this is him vs David Price in the ABA final 2006. Like how he deals with Prices height and reach advantages, sometimes countering, sometimes pressing with head movement. He gets beat but not much shame in that as Price was an Olympic medallist tbf.

Comment

and finally this is a phones eye view of his Hoffman fight

Last post... i hope he can get some decent fights soon and stay active. The Prizefighter will hopefully be boost he needed. Ian 'Lay Em Out' Lewison. Remember the name UK heads

Comment

Apparently Ian Lewison vs Sam Sexton has gone to purse bids according to Goodwins twitter. This is a fun domestic heavyweight fight if it happens

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              What an epic fight that could have been if Tom Dallas could just hold a bigger shot.

He seemed to hurt Lewison himself on a few occasions!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                What an epic fight that could have been if Tom Dallas could just hold a bigger shot.

He seemed to hurt Lewison himself on a few occasions!
                Yeah for sure, second round he seemed to wobble him, though its hard to tell from the camera angle.

Dallas surely has to stop now?

Comment

Difficult not to like the guy....always good to see a heavyweight who comes with an attitude and a desire to rumble and who is not loaded down with the expectation and hype of being the next big thing and a 'planned' career. Not a bad result getting Dallas out of there so early in your career.

There's a few good boys bubbling beneath the surface in the UK scene at the moment like Lewison and I really want to see Gary Cornish have a proper fight in London and against someone who punches back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
                    Difficult not to like the guy....always good to see a heavyweight who comes with an attitude and a desire to rumble and who is not loaded down with the expectation and hype of being the next big thing and a 'planned' career. Not a bad result getting Dallas out of there so early in your career.

There's a few good boys bubbling beneath the surface in the UK scene at the moment like Lewison and I really want to see Gary Cornish have a proper fight in London and against someone who punches back.
                    Theres something about Lewison that i like. He's not a worldbeater by anymeans, but his style just seems like its going to give exciting fights!

Hope to see him in with Sexton or someone similar soon

Comment

Working...
                    X