View Full Version : Who was greater? Tszyu or Jones?

XionComrade
01-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Which fighter had the better career in your opinion, Roy Jones Jr. Or Kostya Tszyu?

Joes has 3 loses in a row, to less quality fighters than Tszyu loss to, but he was farther past his prime that Tszyu was when he lost to Hatton.

Tszyu has 2 losses to fighters of similar style, Hatton being the better. Tszyu IMO also had better opposition.

Anyway these are my oppinions what are yours?

I say Tszyu's career is better so far. I also think that Tszyu was the best fighter in the world back in the day, and in the top 5 today(Since the only heavyweight there is Toney...).

Ronny Mexico
01-04-2006, 04:24 PM
What do you mean that his losses were to better fighters? Cool Vince is better than Tarver? I don't see that. Hatton either.

XionComrade
01-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah I think in that fight he was anyway, sure he was all washed up after that...Hatton has yet to prove himself but has alot of potential IMO.

RAESAAD
01-04-2006, 04:35 PM
No Question RJJ.......I mean Zoo is a hall of famer probably but even tho RJJ has ended on a sour note you can't forget what he did.

XionComrade
01-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Well I never really knew much about Roy, but I just remembered that he was like the greatest Light heavy ever, and that he was the best Middleweight in a long time blowing away Hopkins, and second or third best Heavyweight...lol

Tszyu is second anyway...

montanadave
01-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Gotta say I think Roy was a better fighter--and has alot more panache and style---cant wait to see him fight Bernard---that could be the fight of the year as it will be their swan song.

VERSION1 (V1)
01-06-2006, 01:26 PM
rjj went from middle to heavyweightweight champ only skiping one weight

Hendrix
01-06-2006, 01:38 PM
I dont know what you guys see in Tszyu, cause I never really seen anything to great aboout him for some reason. But forsure RJJ has had by far the better career by a landslide compared to Tszyu.

!!! Beowulf !!!
01-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Gotta say I think Roy was a better fighter--and has alot more panache and style---cant wait to see him fight Bernard---that could be the fight of the year as it will be their swan song.

Jones vs Hopkins will be a borefest.

As for who is greater? Y'all musta forgot!

montanadave
01-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Jones vs Hopkins will be a borefest.

As for who is greater? Y'all musta forgot!
A borefest? You dont think they would want to end their career's on a high note? Were talking about shoo ins to the boxing hall of fame

Hendrix
01-06-2006, 02:34 PM
A borefest? You dont think they would want to end their career's on a high note? Were talking about shoo ins to the boxing hall of fame

Hes right man, its gana be a borefest. They are gana be to careful cause both have striaght losses. Havent you seen the first one?I fell asleep in round 3 the first time I saw it.

number6
01-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Kostya Tszyu has been way too inactive to be compared to Jones jr who was a multi weight world champ and on a different level than everyone else in his prime.

hellfire508
01-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Kostya Tszyu is so underrated its not funny you know. "What do you guys see in him?" "He is nothing". "Overrated". That's all I ever hear. Maybe because he isn't from the USA he isn't as good? Who knows...

Roy Jones Jr Beat -

Bernard Hopkins
James Toney
Antonio Tarver
Montell Griffin
Clinton Woods
Glen Kelly
John Ruiz
Virgil Hill

He was dominated by Johnson before being KO'd, and KO'd in 2 by Tarver. Plus a decision loss to Tarver. He was past his prime though for these. I won't include the DQ. . His potential was astounding, and could have done alot more had he fought better opposition. He is a top 10 light-heavyweight, and a highly rated super-middleweight.

Kostya Tszyu beat:

Juan LaPorte
Diosbelys Hurtado
Roger Mayweather
Corey Johnson
Julio Cesar Chavez
Miguel Angel Gonzalez
Zab Judah
Sharmba Mitchell x2
Jesse James Leija
Ben Tackie
Oktay Urkal

He lost to Vince Philips in what was extremely even up until the 10th round stoppage. His only other loss was to Hatton, past his prime - slightly - and in unfavourable conditions regarding the home crowd and awful refereeing. A Loss nonetheless. He didn't move up in weight which doesn't help his P4P ranking, though he may return at 147.

Both have excellent resumes. I would say P4P Jones is better, and will be remembered greater than Tszyu - primarily because he was a US superstar, robbed at the Olympics. Also for his amazing style and ring flashiness, that amazed the crowds. Tszyu is the traditional all business fighter.. - A Marvin Hagler - that was from "that foreign country", that will never get his dues inside the states.

Hendrix
01-07-2006, 04:25 AM
Kostya Tszyu is so underrated its not funny you know. "What do you guys see in him?" "He is nothing". "Overrated". That's all I ever hear. Maybe because he isn't from the USA he isn't as good? Who knows...

Roy Jones Jr Beat -

Bernard Hopkins
James Toney
Antonio Tarver
Montell Griffin
Clinton Woods
Glen Kelly
John Ruiz
Virgil Hill

He was dominated by Johnson before being KO'd, and KO'd in 2 by Tarver. Plus a decision loss to Tarver. He was past his prime though for these. I won't include the DQ. . His potential was astounding, and could have done alot more had he fought better opposition. He is a top 10 light-heavyweight, and a highly rated super-middleweight.

Kostya Tszyu beat:

Juan LaPorte
Diosbelys Hurtado
Roger Mayweather
Corey Johnson
Julio Cesar Chavez
Miguel Angel Gonzalez
Zab Judah
Sharmba Mitchell x2
Jesse James Leija
Ben Tackie
Oktay Urkal

He lost to Vince Philips in what was extremely even up until the 10th round stoppage. His only other loss was to Hatton, past his prime - slightly - and in unfavourable conditions regarding the home crowd and awful refereeing. A Loss nonetheless. He didn't move up in weight which doesn't help his P4P ranking, though he may return at 147.

Both have excellent resumes. I would say P4P Jones is better, and will be remembered greater than Tszyu - primarily because he was a US superstar, robbed at the Olympics. Also for his amazing style and ring flashiness, that amazed the crowds. Tszyu is the traditional all business fighter.. - A Marvin Hagler - that was from "that foreign country", that will never get his dues inside the states.

Half those guys were washed up. nuff said

hellfire508
01-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Yeah man, "nuff said". That's it. End of discussion. May aswell close the thread with this amazing information on hand now.