View Full Version : Pryor vs. Chavez

Ronny Mexico
01-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Prime vs. prime. 15 rounds. Who do you like? I think Chavez retires on his stool after 12 or 13, frustrated from Pryor's relentless stamina, heavy punches and a ridiculous workrate. Chavez does some damage to the body but can't believe that it doesn't slow the Hawk down all that much.

How about Arguello vs. Chavez? I like Arguello in a fairly close decision.

Dynamite76
01-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Pryor by late round stoppage, and Arugello by close decision also, though it wouldn't surprise me if it went the other way.

Rspen46
06-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Chavez breaks Pryor down by the end of the fight & TKO's him, Chavez also breaks down Arguellos tall thinner frame over the course of the fight as Arguello fails to hurt him & is much slower.

SCtrojansbaby
06-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Pryor vs Chavez is a war I think Pryor's workrate wins him the decision.

Chavez KOs Arguello at 140, just too strong. I think at 130 or 135 Chavez wins a close decision after taking control of the fight late

Rspen46
06-28-2013, 03:57 AM
What did Pryor do in his career that would make anyone think he could beat Chavez, I've seen a thread here where several thinks he could have moved up and beaten Cuevas, it's laughable, he avoided all power punchers in his career & beat an aging Arguello that was on his 4th move up in weight, other than that, he also beat an aging & well past him prime Cervantes, who also put him down early in the fight, that's why he left the LW division, to avoid anyone good, why else go to a JWW division that had nothing, D. Johnson & Kameda also put him down & they were not known for power, so use Chavez & Cuevas beat him, & Arguello would have also if Panama Lewis had not cheated for him.

rsf
06-28-2013, 05:49 AM
Pryor by decision

jabsRstiff
06-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Chavez breaks Pryor down by the end of the fight & TKO's him, Chavez also breaks down Arguellos tall thinner frame over the course of the fight as Arguello fails to hurt him & is much slower.

Exactly how I see it.

Gatling
06-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Prime vs Prime, Pryor would have to move down to 130.

CHEECH
06-28-2013, 09:30 PM
''What did Pryor do in his career that would make anyone think he could beat Chavez, I've seen a thread here where several thinks he could have moved up and beaten Cuevas, it's laughable, he avoided all power punchers in his career & beat an aging Arguello that was on his 4th move up in weight, other than that, he also beat an aging & well past him prime Cervantes, who also put him down early in the fight, that's why he left the LW division, to avoid anyone good, why else go to a JWW division that had nothing, D. Johnson & Kameda also put him down & they were not known for power, so use Chavez & Cuevas beat him, & Arguello would have also if Panama Lewis had not cheated for him''

yeah what did pryor do? I don't know maybe had something to do with beating the crap outta arguello twice. n also those other fights when he was dropped like Cervantes, kameda n Johnson, u left out what happened after pryor got dropped in them fights. u remember? yeah pryor got up and beat the crap outta them guys too. u left that part out. y u don't call yourself pryorhater, that b a better name 4 u. u know?

rightsideup
06-29-2013, 01:02 AM
I think pryor beats chavez by close pts win.

billeau2
06-30-2013, 02:14 AM
Always thought Chavez was a little over rated. Pryer at his best was about as untouchable as Jones IMO. The guy was as relentless as Armstrong, I think Chavez would need the same judges he had when he fought Sweet Pea to get by Pryer!

South Pawn
06-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Whatever was in the bottle, the one with the tape on it, worked. Pryor all day, every day. JCC never fought anyone even close to Pryor's relentless, two fisted, all angles attack.

Scott9945
06-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Whatever was in the bottle, the one with the tape on it, worked. Pryor all day, every day. JCC never fought anyone even close to Pryor's relentless, two fisted, all angles attack.

Just to make a counterpoint, who did Pryor ever fight that even resembles JCC? Not even close. He didn't punch as hard, but Meldrick Taylor matches your description of Pryor's offense.

CHEECH
07-01-2013, 02:19 AM
awesome pic there scott, I mean the one on the left under your name. dam man. but we talkin boxing so i'll say this much, chavez was not overrated.no how,no way. he whupped everybody up til pernell. most impressively, he took some ridiculous shots from two of the hardest punchers ever n stopped both guys. even tho the Rosario fight was at 135, imo that carries into 140 cuz chapo had some dynamite. so imo pryor never hurts chavez but if he wins on points it will be via work volume. and i'll go out on a limb here, chavez would break arguello down with body shots especially at 140 cuz hard as arguello hit, he seemed to hit harder at the lighter weight classes n if chavez didn't get dazed by Rosario or uncle roger, then he'd do it with arguello at 140 and work that relatively longtorso of alexis.

mickey malone
07-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Chavez rapes Pryor at 140.

CHEECH
07-04-2013, 01:24 AM
u changed the pic scott, u jmf. that ones too dam young. I gotta get a life. have a safe firecracker day

Scott9945
07-04-2013, 01:33 AM
u changed the pic scott, u jmf. that ones too dam young. I gotta get a life. have a safe firecracker day

I change the pics every few days my friend. So if you don't like the current one, the next one will be here soon. :D

BrushMyHair
07-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Pryor beats Chavez. So does arguello.

MRBOOMER
07-08-2013, 01:52 AM
I think chavez beats pryor. The body punching would cut a lot of that work rate out and I dong see him being skilled enough or disciplined enough to out box him

KillaMANE704
07-08-2013, 04:40 PM
I dont know who 2 pick,,,i was gonna go with chavez