View Full Version : Has Bernard Hopkins ever been knocked down?

jswa17
01-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Has Bernard Hopkins ever been knocked down?
If he has, by who and when?
How about Vitali Klitchko?

MOBs_finest
01-11-2005, 12:17 PM
yes, i beleive that they showed footage of Hopkins being chopped down on several different occasions just a couple of weeks ago right here on this web-sight. Zab Judah who found footage of this happening, he wouldn't be as great as he is today if those type of things didn't happen to him. I'll try to find the forum again and i'll contact you on it.

jabsRstiff
01-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Hopkins was dropped when he faced Segundo Mercado, the first time.
It was a legit knockdown, no question.

Hopkins was dropped when Antwun Echols hit him on the break....NOT a legitimate knockdown.

Great
01-11-2005, 03:01 PM
How about Vitali Klitchko?
Vit was knocked out in 1991 (kickboxing match).

trinidadpr87
01-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Vit was knocked out in 1991 (kickboxing match).
he did kickboxing.what was his record?

Dude
01-11-2005, 09:09 PM
he did kickboxing.what was his record?

I don't know his record but he was a world class kickboxer as far as I'm informed.

He hasn't been knocked down as a boxer so far. And I hear for the first time that he was KOed as a kickboxer. Didn't know that? Any proof?

rudy
01-12-2005, 07:36 AM
That is a lie which was constructed by Brendan Ingle many years he said it was Pele Reid who knocked him out. This is a lie as I managed Pele at that time and he was only fighting semi-contact kickboxing. This is kickboxing without throwing hard kick and punches otherwise u get disqualified. At the same time Klitscko was in Norwich defending his ISKA World Title against Richard Vince of Norwich

jswa17
01-17-2005, 04:00 PM
thanks for the info guys!

MlLkMan
01-17-2005, 06:52 PM
thanks for the info guys!

gustang1969
01-17-2005, 11:25 PM
hey i want someone to toally mess up hopkins he thinks he is the **** but hey i ll look for the mercado fight cuz i want to see him get knocked down well if anyone has it just hit me up and lets trade videos

LittleBigMan
01-18-2005, 12:20 AM
he got dropped but it was at a ridiculous elevation so it means nothing

SonnyJ
01-29-2005, 10:31 AM
kickboxers get ko'd all the time.

jack_the_rippuh
01-29-2005, 04:20 PM
Bernard Hopkins was dropped before...twice, I heard..

Toney616
01-23-2011, 04:28 PM
He was dropped in rounds 5 and 7 during his first fight with Mercado
Dropped at the end of round 1 against Echols I
Should of got a kd scored aginst him after getting hit during round 2 of Taylor I
Dropped 3 times during Hopkins-Pascal

ИATAS
01-24-2011, 08:05 PM
He was dropped in rounds 5 and 7 during his first fight with Mercado
Dropped at the end of round 1 against Echols I
Should of got a kd scored aginst him after getting hit during round 2 of Taylor I
Dropped 3 times during Hopkins-Pascal

lol are you full retarded or just a little?

Echols hit him after the break, which was a foul, and it wasn't ruled a KD.

3 times against pascal? 2 KD's were scored, one was highly debatable.

So the correct answer is 4 times total, two against Segundo Mercado, two times against Pascal. Both were draws.

MartinC
01-24-2011, 10:20 PM
He was knocked down but he got right up. Even at 48 he is invincable.

Holtol
01-24-2011, 11:37 PM
He was knocked down but he got right up. Even at 48 he is invincable.

It's amazing how good he is at his age, he is a little younger then 48 though. I would not call him invincible either just because he does not get hit enough for me to say that. But no doubt he can take a punch.

MaD vEiN
01-25-2011, 06:51 AM
i thought Mills Lane knocked him out....literally :D

Toney616
01-25-2011, 12:21 PM
lol are you full retarded or just a little?
Echols hit him after the break, which was a foul, and it wasn't ruled a KD.
It was in retaliation to the fact that Hopkins had hit him.

3 times against pascal? 2 KD's were scored, one was highly debatable..
They all should of been scored. This is Hopkins we are talking about here, he and his fans have no right to complain when guys use questionable tactics against him

So the correct answer is 4 times total, two against Segundo Mercado, two times against Pascal. Both were draws.
He should of been docked a point for the blatant headbutt in round 9 against Mercado, which would of cost him the fight

ИATAS
01-25-2011, 02:43 PM

He clearly hit him after the break and the ref did not rule it a kd. Sorry but it doesn't count.

They all should of been scored. This is Hopkins we are talking about here, he and his fans have no right to complain when guys use questionable tactics against him ]

What are you talking about? A knockdown is either legit or it isn't.

He should of been docked a point for the blatant headbutt in round 9 against Mercado, which would of cost him the fight

You honestly sound like a bitter hater. You've made a number of threads about hopkins in an attempt to criticize him.

T.McGrady
01-26-2011, 08:24 AM
He got knocked down twice against mercado back in the 90's. He also got KD twice against pascal, but I have to say B-Hop went down before, but he never really got hurt.

Toney616
01-26-2011, 09:12 AM
You honestly sound like a bitter hater. You've made a number of threads about hopkins in an attempt to criticize him.
lol
As long as I haven't lied about anything then I dont see what the problem is.

#1Assassin
01-26-2011, 09:32 AM

so if one fighters fouls his oponents who then retaliates that makes the second foul legal?

if it makes a knockdown legit can it make a KO legit too? if a fighter gets hit low should he be able to retaliate and have his oponent counted out from the low blow?

They all should of been scored. This is Hopkins we are talking about here, he and his fans have no right to complain when guys use questionable tactics against him

given that this was about the pascal fight it doesnt even make sense. so bcuz a fighter bends the rules that makes all questionable knockdowns against him legit? is that the official punishment? if he slips on the canvas thats a knockdown incase he held and hit a few rounds earlier. lol

i dont remember a blatant headbutt in the 9th, i do remember it was a roughhouse fight on both ends. either way i think mercado was the lucky one to escape with a draw. hopkins outclassed him in the immidiate rematch anyways.

stop lying and twisting the truth to discredit hopkins. if u dont like him thats fine but act like an adult ffs, your being silly. saying round two against taylor was a knockdown and stuff when taylor missed his punch by a mile and hopkins just tripped over his feet and stumbled.

LacedUp
08-04-2014, 12:04 PM
That is a lie which was constructed by Brendan Ingle many years he said it was Pele Reid who knocked him out. This is a lie as I managed Pele at that time and he was only fighting semi-contact kickboxing. This is kickboxing without throwing hard kick and punches otherwise u get disqualified. At the same time Klitscko was in Norwich defending his ISKA World Title against Richard Vince of Norwich

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9n7zExsuCRU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a credible source you are.

BennyST
08-09-2014, 03:09 PM
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9n7zExsuCRU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All the better as he even says he managed Pele at the time, yet somehow never knew about him knocking out Klitschko. Couldn't possibly be a lie could it?

The lengths some of the Klitfans will go to to defend these guys is truly staggering. Maybe creepy more than staggering.

Hey, did you guys hear about that legend that Robinson lost a fight to Lamotta? Well, Im here to clear that up once and for all. I was actually the manager of Lamotta at that time and I can say with 100% certainty that he did not beat him once. In fact he never even fought him. Not once, ever. I was his manager after all. I would know. In fact Lamotta never even fought as a pro boxer during Robinsons era. As his manager, I had him shining shoes and doing stand over work for the mob.

Sugar Adam Ali
08-09-2014, 10:38 PM

Lmao,, totally busted that dude out... Good job, great video.. How old is vitali? He looks a lot smaller than he did in boxing.. (Peds?)