View Full Version : Roberto Guerrero reminded me a lot...

The Hoff
11-25-2012, 01:35 AM
... of Antonio Margarito tonight! HEART, BALLS, Throwing punches non-stop, coming straight forward...

I almost started crying! God, what a fight! I'm on the Guerrero bandwagon for life!

The commentary was disgusting! Seriously, these people hate Latinos!
These morons need to realize that if it wasn't for us; they wouldn't have a j-o-b!

The Bertroids nuthuggery was disgusting... Roy Jones pissed me off, but again... that was his 'black brotha' in the ring, so he had to ride on Bertroids nuts.

Great job, Ghost! GREAT JOB!:boxing:

UTEP
11-25-2012, 01:43 AM
... of Antonio Margarito tonight! HEART, BALLS, Throwing punches non-stop, coming straight forward...

I almost started crying! God, what a fight! I'm on the Guerrero bandwagon for life!

These morons need to realize that if it wasn't for us; they wouldn't have a j-o-b!

The Bertroids nuthuggery was disgusting... Roy Jones pissed me off, but again... that was his 'black brotha' in the ring, so he had to ride on Bertroids nuts.

Showtime is the best as far as commentating goes.

Guerrero is a true welterweight........ I cant wait to see his next fight.

The Hoff
11-25-2012, 01:45 AM
forgot to add the CHIN! I think Robert went down to TJ, and asked Tony if he could borrow his chin!

Bro, showtime was hating on MARES too! Re watch the fight! It was disgusting!

UTEP
11-25-2012, 01:54 AM
So what are you saying?.....all US commentators are against latinos?

controlmachete
11-25-2012, 02:42 AM
i dont think they were hating, and i dont like HBO crew...

Cleto_Reyes
11-25-2012, 02:47 AM
congrats to el fantasma !!

MANIAC310
11-25-2012, 04:51 AM
I'm tired of HBO's bias against Latinos. In their commentary and in their promotions.

Really they promote guys like Seth Mitchell, Alexander, Bradly, Mike Jones, Ward, Dawson and Berto but pass up on Mares, Leo Santa Cruz, Rios, Matthysse etc

it's not even an English thing. Mares speaks perfect English. Show time is a little better when it comes to commentating

UTEP
11-25-2012, 05:18 AM
I blame Jim Lamply :dunno:

cactusEG
11-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Congrats to Gerrero for the win. The fight wasnt what I expected. Way too much holding and I notice did alot of ditry tactics by Gerrero. The reff would warn both guys but never did anything.

TX_BOXNG
11-25-2012, 12:05 PM
i didnt think Guerrero could win it, he proved me wrong but Berto made it really easy dude sucks!!!

both showed heart, but Guerrero showed the smartness he rough that boy up easy

n the commentating was like if Berto was winning all night lol!!!!

RIZO24
11-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Roy Jones thought that Berto was winning and kept talking about the big punches Berto would land.LMAO Why does'nt HBO or Showtime add a Latino to their commentating crew. We need to be represented!!

TX_BOXNG
11-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Roy Jones thought that Berto was winning and kept talking about the big punches Berto would land.LMAO Why does'nt HBO or Showtime add a Latino to their commentating crew. We need to be represented!!

they should put the golpe a golpe host as a commentating crew!!!!!!

HBO latino

#1Assassin
11-25-2012, 02:41 PM

roy jones is as far away from a racist as they come, if you dont know that it just shows you dont watch a whole lot of boxing. that you thought guerrero looked like margarito in there just proves it further.

i thought the hbo commentary was better than usual. they werent on bertos nuts at all, berto fought well and deserved every compliment he got. they werent taking anything away from guerrero when they were giving berto props, they all acknowledged that he won comfortably. berto showed massive heart though and you cant say thopse uppercuts werent nasty, so how were they "on his nuts"?

it takes two fighters to put on a great fight, berto fought a great fight but guerrero fought a magnificent fight. they both deserved props at the end and they both got it, if berto hadnt fought well he wouldnt have lasted 12 rounds with guerrero the way he was fighting. good commentary for once.

-jose-
11-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Brandon Rios reminds me more of Margarito.

MANIAC310
11-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Brandon Rios reminds me more of Margarito.

not if you know anything about boxing bro

HardAss
11-25-2012, 07:39 PM
HBO Commentating is an utter disgrace, showtime is better.

dan_cov
11-25-2012, 07:46 PM
The Boxnation commentary was disgraceful too. They had The Ghost by 1 & another a draw. It was like they was ignoring all of Guerreros work and going crazy over anything Berto would land. Non stop going on about his power.

They bigged up a Berto uppercut claiming Guerrero was hurt & tbf it got his attention and he exploded into life, hurting Berto and was plastering him with combinations, multiple uppercuts inside that went unanswered. Berto didn't know what the hell hit him and they didn't say a word about Guerrero on top despite having Berto seemingly out on his feet.

chiguy91
11-25-2012, 08:01 PM
hbo's commentators are def biased a lot of times. they don't always hate on latinos though, hbo supports alvarez, mikey garcia, rios, cotto, danny garcia, and gamboa. i don't think mares and santa cruz have been on hbo, have they? i remember mares was in that bantamweight tourney and leo won his belt on a showtime undercard. after that, the morel and zaleta fights were also on showtime.
who does showtime have on their commentator list that's latino? that one boxer that does sho extreme cards right? forgot his name. either way, hbo is def on the downslide when it comes to commentary for fights. they need new people.

MANIAC310
11-25-2012, 08:07 PM
hbo's commentators are def biased a lot of times. they don't always hate on latinos though, hbo supports alvarez, mikey garcia, rios, cotto, danny garcia, and gamboa. i don't think mares and santa cruz have been on hbo, have they? i remember mares was in that bantamweight tourney and leo won his belt on a showtime undercard. after that, the morel and zaleta fights were also on showtime.
who does showtime have on their commentator list that's latino? that one boxer that does sho extreme cards right? forgot his name. either way, hbo is def on the downslide when it comes to commentary for fights. they need new people.

I don't agree with this.... Seth Mitchell has been far more promoted than Garcia, Mikey and Rios yet he's garbage and offers nothing, no name, no fan base, no future no anything. Bradley - Alexander was supposed to be one of the best fights in recent times according to them. Yet Martinez gets little to no exposure. Alexander, Seth Mitchell, Hopkins> Marquez, Martinez according to HBO. Their bias is beyond sickening. They promote acouple Latino boxers so people to get wise to their blatant favoritism and bias

chiguy91
11-25-2012, 08:31 PM
I don't agree with this.... Seth Mitchell has been far more promoted than Garcia, Mikey and Rios yet he's garbage and offers nothing, no name, no fan base, no future no anything. Bradley - Alexander was supposed to be one of the best fights in recent times according to them. Yet Martinez gets little to no exposure. Alexander, Seth Mitchell, Hopkins> Marquez, Martinez according to HBO. Their bias is beyond sickening. They promote acouple Latino boxers so people to get wise to their blatant favoritism and bias

mitchell was an undefeated american heavyweight, that's what lots of people (american fans) want to see in boxing (another top american heavyweight). so of course hbo invested in him, it gave them hope.
rios was on showtime for a while, but even then, as soon as he got back on hbo (murray) they filmed a 2 day episode with him. mikey garcia has been fighting stiffs on boxing after dark undercards. as soon as he steps up hbo will promote him more.
i don't have a response to how they treat martinez and marquez, i agree with you there. they do take shots at them, which is stupid since they're hbo fighters.
both alexander and bradley were dominant undefeated american fighters coming into that fight. it's not hbo's fault alexander stunk up the fight, it was suppose to be a big fight (but in retrospect it seemed like it was made too early).

RIZO24
11-25-2012, 09:00 PM

Agree with you 100 percent. HBO are some Bias hoes...

-jose-
11-25-2012, 09:06 PM
not if you know anything about boxing bro

don't try to insult me bro...its my opinion.

thuggery
11-26-2012, 12:52 AM

Very good post. Green k sent.

The Hoff
11-26-2012, 02:51 AM
roy jones is as far away from a racist as they come, if you dont know that it just shows you dont watch a whole lot of boxing. that you thought guerrero looked like margarito in there just proves it further.

i thought the hbo commentary was better than usual. they werent on bertos nuts at all, berto fought well and deserved every compliment he got. they werent taking anything away from guerrero when they were giving berto props, they all acknowledged that he won comfortably. berto showed massive heart though and you cant say thopse uppercuts werent nasty, so how were they "on his nuts"?

it takes two fighters to put on a great fight, berto fought a great fight but guerrero fought a magnificent fight. they both deserved props at the end and they both got it, if berto hadnt fought well he wouldnt have lasted 12 rounds with guerrero the way he was fighting. good commentary for once.

Where in the hell did I say Roy was a racist? Being biased and racist is different, my friend. He was on Bertroids nuts all night. He hardly gave The Ghost props... Why?

Like i said... Ghost reminded me of Margarito 'last night'.
He came forward, threw punches, showed heart and balls, and that chin... Oh my.

Nah, Bertroids ain't getting my pops... He sounded like a sore loser after.

Great job, Ghost! Brown Pride! Latino Pride in this mutha phucka!

The Hoff
11-26-2012, 02:55 AM

Exactly, carnal

The Hoff
11-26-2012, 03:01 AM
I'm tired of HBO's bias against Latinos. In their commentary and in their promotions.

Really they promote guys like Seth Mitchell, Alexander, Bradly, Mike Jones, Ward, Dawson and Berto but pass up on Mares, Leo Santa Cruz, Rios, Matthysse etc

it's not even an English thing. Mares speaks perfect English. Show time is a little better when it comes to commentating

HBO loves racist too. Look how they promote Boner. Imagine if Bam Bam, Mares, or Canelo were to talk **** about black folks... What would happen to them? They would probably be banned from HBO. Just look at Perros situation.

thuggery
11-26-2012, 03:17 AM
I officially hate HBO now.

MANIAC310
11-26-2012, 03:33 AM
i thought the hbo commentary was better than usual. they werent on bertos nuts at all

Oh I bet you did. Can't red k you again..... red k'd you too recently

Tha_Greatest
11-26-2012, 04:43 AM

it takes two fighters to put on a great fight, berto fought a great fight but guerrero fought a magnificent fight. they both deserved props at the end and they both got it, if berto hadnt fought well he wouldnt have lasted 12 rounds with guerrero the way he was fighting. good commentary for once.red kd you for maniac homie, take care

jtcs1981
11-26-2012, 06:49 AM
The only thing Guerrero had similar to Tony was his chin. He was eating punches like they were candy and kept coming forward.

The HBO crew took their bias to another level. Berto this, Berto that, Berto Berto Berto. What fight they were watching. They are an American owned company, the same way Azteca and Televisa announcers praise Mex more, WAPA praise rican etc etc, HBO will praise americans even when they suck. So to me that doesnt matter. Mute the damn TV. Nothing you say will change their mind.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

thuggery
11-26-2012, 06:52 AM
The only thing Guerrero had similar to Tony was his chin. He was eating punches like they were candy and kept coming forward.

The HBO crew took their bias to another level. Berto this, Berto that, Berto Berto Berto. What fight they were watching. They are an American owned company, the same way Azteca and Televisa announcers praise Mex more, WAPA praise rican etc etc, HBO will praise americans even when they suck. So to me that doesnt matter. Mute the damn TV. Nothing you say will change their mind.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Good post. I hope they don't let Roy Jones slobber all over Trout when he fights Cotto, or better yet I hope he's not even there. He's horrible.

Edit: Nvm I forgot it's on Showtime.

Tha_Greatest
11-27-2012, 04:39 AM

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Androideverything you stated is true, lol, i just hate it when the non latin family americans(white or blakk americans) act like their is no favoritism, lol, nothing is wrong with favoritism as long as you dont pretend you have no rooting interest like roy and lampley showed, lol, berto was getting demolished and it sounded like the fight was ****in dead even

STREET CLEANER
11-27-2012, 08:12 AM
red kd you for maniac homie, take care

LOL you are Maniac's bytch boy

Tha_Greatest
11-27-2012, 03:07 PM
LOL you are Maniac's bytch boy
yes i am homie, lol, just like you r, lol, he owns you aswell as you r his b1tch, hes your daddy, cant forget that hes your daddy, lol, nyahahaha:boxing::boxing:

Cleto_Reyes
11-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Good post. I hope they don't let Roy Jones slobber all over Trout when he fights Cotto, or better yet I hope he's not even there. He's horrible.

Edit: Nvm I forgot it's on Showtime.

that means they might let laporte that night. it will be oh cotto beautiful hook oh cotto oh cotto......

STREET CLEANER
11-27-2012, 06:38 PM
yes i am homie, lol, just like you r, lol, he owns you aswell as you r his b1tch, hes your daddy, cant forget that hes your daddy, lol, nyahahaha:boxing::boxing:

You forever are going to be my bottom bytch. You two are the definition of circle jerks LOL.

And I thought that Pacterds were bad

Tha_Greatest
11-27-2012, 10:42 PM
You forever are going to be my bottom bytch. You two are the definition of circle jerks LOL.

And I thought that Pacterds were bad
so you calling your daddy maniac a jerk!!!!!!!!!!! hes gonna make you clean the sh1t from the streets again lil homie, lol, take care, lol peace, lol, nyahahaha

STREET CLEANER
11-29-2012, 07:27 PM
so you calling your daddy maniac a jerk!!!!!!!!!!! hes gonna make you clean the sh1t from the streets again lil homie, lol, take care, lol peace, lol, nyahahaha

You are not good at this. Just owned both of you with a two line post. Give it up Patrick cause your post are lame.

Hit me with something better so at least I can get a laugh at it

The Hoff
11-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Ghost is the truth!!!!

Tha_Greatest
11-30-2012, 12:06 AM
You are not good at this. Just owned both of you with a two line post. Give it up Patrick cause your post are lame.

Hit me with something better so at least I can get a laugh at it
i dont need to be good at anything , lol, lol, im just like you..........a good for nothing like you are, lol, problem is , lol, maniacs your young father and he sonned your azz once more, lol, you are the property of maniac and thats why you are mad, lol, nyahahahaha

STREET CLEANER
11-30-2012, 09:31 AM
i dont need to be good at anything , lol, lol, im just like you..........a good for nothing like you are, lol, problem is , lol, maniacs your young father and he sonned your azz once more, lol, you are the property of maniac and thats why you are mad, lol, nyahahahaha

You have no evidence that he owned me it was the other way around so you fail there already. You have 14,000 posts of trolling and no boxing insight what so ever.

Going back and fort with you is like going back and forth with a dumb teenager. Stop pretending that you got this because you don't. I'm not going away

Tha_Greatest
12-01-2012, 05:07 AM
You have no evidence that he owned me it was the other way around so you fail there already. You have 14,000 posts of trolling and no boxing insight what so ever.

Going back and fort with you is like going back and forth with a dumb teenager. Stop pretending that you got this because you don't. I'm not going away

No Evidence?????!!!!!!.........no evidence............i got plenty of evidence of maniac owning u, lol, My evidence of maniac sonning you is big evidence, lol, my evidence is you are here trying to take your anger that you have for your daddy maniac out on me, lol, that is why you are butthurt, lol, maniac is your daddy and you are his illigitimate basterd child, lol, true ****in story, lol, peace homeboy, lol, say hi to your daddy maniac , lol, nyahahaha

Clegg
12-01-2012, 07:52 AM
The commentary was very biased, but I don't think they hate Lations. More like they just nuthug Berto far too much.

HBO select guys they want to promote and their commentators go along with that. When Guerrero turned out to be better than expected, Kellerman and the others decided to stick to the pro-Berto agenda rather than give fair credit.

I've never been a Guerrero fan but he impressed me. He beat his opponent up, and even when he was clearly ahead on the scorecards he still carried on being the aggressor and throwing the most powerful punches.

Hopefully he faces someone like Broner, Matthyse, Garcia, Maidana, Alexander, Bradley etc. I don't blame him for wanting the big payday against Floyd but just my personal preference I'd like to see him against someone else.

STREET CLEANER
12-01-2012, 08:20 AM
No Evidence?????!!!!!!.........no evidence............i got plenty of evidence of maniac owning u, lol, My evidence of maniac sonning you is big evidence, lol, my evidence is you are here trying to take your anger that you have for your daddy maniac out on me, lol, that is why you are butthurt, lol, maniac is your daddy and you are his illigitimate basterd child, lol, true ****in story, lol, peace homeboy, lol, say hi to your daddy maniac , lol, nyahahaha

Post it. Not mad, I really don't care. Everybody that reads realizes the fool that you are. Every once in a while I check if you responded cause I get bored.

Tha_Greatest
12-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Post it. Not mad, I really don't care. Everybody that reads realizes the fool that you are. Every once in a while I check if you responded cause I get bored.
thats cool homie, lol, thank god you aint mad at maniac for sonning you all over again, lol, now you can move on and accept the fact that you are now maniacs(a.k.a your daddy) property, lol, :haha:, lol, it is nice to see you admitting the truth about your father maniac, lol, nyahahaha

Tha_Greatest
12-01-2012, 09:33 AM
green k for accepting maniac as the man who sonnned you, lol, im not bullsh1tting either, you guys will be a good son and father, lol, he will protect you cause you are his son, lol, nyahahaha

Clegg
12-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Just rememeber to get a father's day card.

Tha_Greatest
12-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Just rememeber to get a father's day card.
street cleaner will remember to give his daddy(maniac) a fathers day card, lol, maniac has street cleaner all scare and sh1t, lol, street cleaner even said 2 or 3 post ago that he checks up in here cause he scared that maniac might son street cleaner again, lol, maniac has b1tchslapped and punked the street cleaner so many times, lol, i feel terrible for the stret cleaner cause hes gotten humiliated too many times by his master maniac, lol, nyahahaha

fceeviper
12-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Funny, this topic brings up lots of memories for me.

As a young kid I remember watching lots of boxing telecasts on HBO with my pops, now my pops didn't know a lick of English at the time.
But I remember my pops always asking me why the HBO commentators would not yell out the Latino's name in excitement when the Latino would land a great punch on the non-Latino boxer. He would say they are gong nuts for that boxer when he lands a shot, but why not for the Latino.

Funny.