View Full Version : El Perro knee's Cotto in under 9...

Cállate!
11-10-2012, 10:50 PM
agree?...............

bigsmoothh
11-10-2012, 11:31 PM
he needs to fight more rounds and get his mojo back..............

piojo del norte
11-11-2012, 01:03 AM
I agree with homie Big smooth, he needs more rounds. He is used to quick KO's and not everyone will fall and even if some fall they will rise.

I do agree he beats Cotto.

Initially when chave jr, canelo and Angulo came out I was rooting for Angulo to be the best of the 3.

RIZO24
11-11-2012, 01:15 AM
I agree, but he needs a few more fights and rounds in...

UTEP
11-11-2012, 01:19 AM
If Angulo fought Cotto next he would lose. Angulo hasn't been past 6 round's since april 2010. After Angulo get's some decent round's in he'll be ready for anybody at 154.

dan_cov
11-11-2012, 01:21 AM
Would take Cotto in a heartbeat. He would jab Angulo's slow ass too death!

UTEP
11-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Would take Cotto in a heartbeat. He would jab Angulo's slow ass too death!

The Angulo of today....maybe, but after Perro get's a couple tune-up's out of the way it will be a very different story.

-jose-
11-11-2012, 01:35 AM
let's be realistic, amazing left by Angulo tonight and that's why you (TS) believes he beats Cotto, he needs more rounds like many have said here to get his grove back and he still won't beat Cotto.

UTEP
11-11-2012, 01:39 AM
let's be realistic, amazing left by Angulo tonight and that's why you (TS) believes he beats Cotto, he needs more rounds like many have said here to get his grove back and he still won't beat Cotto.

If you wanna talk about being realistic Cotto ain't ever gonna fight Angulo.... Cotto fight's for the money nowadays.

Cállate!
11-11-2012, 02:18 AM

hey bro we all know that cotto folds to one thing, and that one thing is toughness. that's something that perro holds. cotto would get beat up.

MANIAC310
11-11-2012, 02:38 AM
agreed............

figzuki
11-11-2012, 08:05 AM
no, no he wouldn't.

He's lost twice to lesser opposition and yesterdays win was against a guy who has fought more people with a loosing record than i have seen before.

Frankly I think angulo is awesome. truly humble guy. But we have to remember than Angulo is no beast in the ring like Margarito.

Angulo needs 2 to 3 more fights IMO against better opposition.

any craic lad?
11-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Angulo did well last but id like too see him in against that Gonzalez guy from pr that drew on hbo recently

ELHURACAN58
11-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Sort of like he kneed Cintron huh?

ELHURACAN58
11-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Angulo did well last but id like too see him in against that Gonzalez guy from pr that drew on hbo recently

I would watch Gonzalez vs Angulo.

jtcs1981
11-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Stupid TS with his 30th acct always starts a stupid thread with his nationalist and sometimes racist remarks. Get a life

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

AntonTheMeh
11-11-2012, 12:48 PM

right..... :lol1:

-jose-
11-11-2012, 01:05 PM
hey bro we all know that cotto folds to one thing, and that one thing is toughness. that's something that perro holds. cotto would get beat up.

I suppose with the same toughness he put against Citron, please brother I like Angulo I do believe he's a tough boxer but don't start a thread just to start a senseless war, if he can't even get passed Kermit how do you see him hurting Cotto... Game Over bro Try Again.

Optimistic
11-11-2012, 02:07 PM

/Thread.

_____

piojo del norte
11-11-2012, 05:09 PM
I believe perro can do it. I won't judge him for a bad night or 2 bad nights if he prepares well and gets more rounds in he will be ready for anyone at super-welter.

MODAPHUKA
11-11-2012, 05:23 PM
I dont agree. Cotto is way more experienced and has the best coach he has had his whole career. I believe with the cuban coach , Cotto would have never lost to Margarito. A few adjustments and he would have gotten the win. A bit more clinching and pushing and a bit less running would have helped Cotto reach the end and not take a beating.

Which takes me to this observation , Cotto now knows how to finish fights and has a better instructor in his corner. I think El Perro has his moments if that fight happens , but Cotto can come away with a UD. El perro is a step below what margarito was in 2008 , so I dont see how the more experienced Cotto and heavier Cotto has problems with finishing and dominating.

apocalypto
11-11-2012, 05:45 PM

cotto doesnt have the best chins in boxing. Angulo is as slow as people make him out to be specially when trading punches. He throws short fast punches on the inside which is why he kos alot of guys. If angulo gets a good conditioning coach he will be hell for cotto. Cotto has yet to fight a strong jr middle weight:boxing:

apocalypto
11-11-2012, 05:46 PM
I dont agree. Cotto is way more experienced and has the best coach he has had his whole career. I believe with the cuban coach , Cotto would have never lost to Margarito. A few adjustments and he would have gotten the win. A bit more clinching and pushing and a bit less running would have helped Cotto reach the end and not take a beating.

Which takes me to this observation , Cotto now knows how to finish fights and has a better instructor in his corner. I think El Perro has his moments if that fight happens , but Cotto can come away with a UD. El perro is a step below what margarito was in 2008 , so I dont see how the more experienced Cotto and heavier Cotto has problems with finishing and dominating.

Well angulo hits twice as hard as margarito and I believe is more acurate. His body attack is one of the best ass well and unlike margarito when angulo gets clinched up he keeps throwing power shots. He even set up a ko when a guy was tying him up.

Da Boxer
11-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Sure. He stops a nobody/taco vendor and he can stop/beat anyone. :nono:

All these thread and the Cotto haters will populate like the decease they are.

What a joke.

figzuki
11-12-2012, 10:00 AM
cotto doesnt have the best chins in boxing. Angulo is as slow as people make him out to be specially when trading punches. He throws short fast punches on the inside which is why he kos alot of guys. If angulo gets a good conditioning coach he will be hell for cotto. Cotto has yet to fight a strong jr middle weight:boxing:

didnt he fight margarito? he seems pretty strong to me.

I agree with everything else.

Cuauhtémoc1520
11-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Cotto beats him, he's too good of a boxer at this point. Angulo would take a beating on his way trying to get inside. It could turn out to be like Cotto vs Marg I but I don't know for sure.

It's amazing to me how people underestimate Cotto.

apocalypto
11-12-2012, 12:07 PM
didnt he fight margarito? he seems pretty strong to me.

I agree with everything else.

Aint margarito a welterweight? And angulo hits twice as hard. Just on a sheer power and cottos fragil chin he will be in the fight all night long.

ELHURACAN58
11-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Cotto beats him, he's too good of a boxer at this point. Angulo would take a beating on his way trying to get inside. It could turn out to be like Cotto vs Marg I but I don't know for sure.

It's amazing to me how people underestimate Cotto.

He's probably underestimated for being a small light midleweight and in most people's minds he is still the brawler he was in the first half of his career.

Cuauhtémoc1520
11-12-2012, 01:05 PM
He's probably underestimated for being a small light midleweight and in most people's minds he is still the brawler he was in the first half of his career.

Who would think of Cotto as a brawler? His jab is excellent, his movement is as well and he can box with anybody not named Mayweather and Pacquaio.

Marg beat him because Marg is an animal with a chin of iron. People can say what they want about the wraps but I have never seen Cotto hit someone flush the way he hit Marg and they just keep coming. I don't think Angulo has that level of chin.

Cotto beats Angulo at this point in their careers.

jtcs1981
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
LOL at the results of the polls. There is no nationalistic bias jajajajajaja.

controlmachete
11-12-2012, 08:36 PM
angulo is too slow, i think cotto picks him apart, angulo i think hits harder but cotto can box circles around him, i see cotto winning a UD but angulo can pull an upset if he catches him in the ropes...

MANIAC310
11-12-2012, 11:53 PM
lmaooo @ the posters that voted YES and NO

YES:
bigsmoothh, Cállate!, ChiRock773, controlmachete, Doze06, kennylimon, Luffy, MANIAC310, Oxpi, RIZO24, TX_BOXNG

NO:
codey, Da Boxer, dan_cov, ELHURACAN58, Enchanted, Gera, jazluvr, jose830, PiXelElite, PR13

most unsurprising poll ever

controlmachete
11-13-2012, 12:20 AM

YES:
bigsmoothh, Cállate!, ChiRock773, controlmachete, Doze06, kennylimon, Luffy, MANIAC310, Oxpi, RIZO24, TX_BOXNG

NO:
codey, Da Boxer, dan_cov, ELHURACAN58, Enchanted, Gera, jazluvr, jose830, PiXelElite, PR13

i clicked the wrong button, i think cotto gets this...

apocalypto
11-13-2012, 12:36 AM
I broke the tie"peeleft::boxing:

cawadoody
11-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Angulo's kinda slow but like another poster mentioned, he's tough, and that's all it takes to beat Cotto.

jtcs1981
11-13-2012, 08:48 AM

YES:

NO:

How many of them you think they actually believes their answer without any nationalistic bias?

If the TS was any serious I might answer. Angulo can KTFO Miguel so I doubt about the knee. But Miguel can box his ear off in a boring fashion.

bigsmoothh
11-13-2012, 12:04 PM

YES:

NO:

lol..................:firedevil