View Full Version : Running

ottoevans
01-08-2005, 07:20 PM
How much running should i do daily if i wanna lose weight???

(im running 2 sets of 2 miles under 13 minutes.)

- Evil -
01-08-2005, 08:31 PM
How much running should i do daily if i wanna lose weight???

(im running 2 sets of 2 miles under 13 minutes.)

It depends how much you eat, if you eat too much running wont help but if your diet is 2000kcal or less then i'd suggest 30 mins every other day.

cycling is making a come back at the moment, i know a lot of boxers wont do it but its easy to get your heart rate high enough to burn calorie's, you can do it for longer periods of time and its near zero impact(no injurys)

Swimming is a perfect weight loss exercise, it builds muscle(muscle helps burn fat quicker) and overall strength, the water keep you body temp down(very important) and its zero impact.

I'd suggest a diet of 1500 calorie's per day, this is the most important thing.

ottoevans
01-09-2005, 12:22 AM
whats an exampple of 1500 calories a day?

leff
01-09-2005, 08:28 AM
To lose weight, you should run real long but at a slowe pace.

Like atleast 6 miles.

The minus is long slow runing dont help much in boxing.

- Evil -
01-09-2005, 06:37 PM
whats an exampple of 1500 calories a day?

Go to the below site, if you click on the foods name it will tell you nutrition values including calories.

http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/

Just pick the foods you like, add the calories up and make sure the total is 1500 or below.

zip
01-11-2005, 10:35 AM
The trick is not how fast you long but how long.

Instead of setting up a distance to run, tell yourself to run for 30 min. Mix between sprints and jogging, uphill and downhill etc.

Dude
01-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Do you have a track close to your home? I never had to lose weight but to get in shape I liked the following. I don't know the correct english word for it but it should be sth. like "interval runs". You start by walking slowly, than sprint 50 metres, than run relaxed for about 150 metres, than sprint again 50 metres, followed by 150 metres relaxed running, than sprint 100 metres and run 200 metres very relaxed and so on. You'll have to judge the distances for yourself and make the relaxed running passages shorter the better you get.

If you decide to run slowly you should continue when it's getting hard because that's where your body starts burning weight.

ottoevans
01-20-2005, 10:18 AM
so running in the cold is a good idea???