View Full Version : Quiero comer comida Puerto Riquena....

Slick Ric
10-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Nunca e comido comida Puerto Riquena....don't even know where to start....fellas give me some names (and pix if you can) of your most PUERTO RIQUENAN dishes so I can start my hunt here in So Cali.....aver aver...wachugot?

jtcs1981
10-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Nunca e comido comida Puerto Riquena....don't even know where to start....fellas give me some names (and pix if you can) of your most PUERTO RIQUENAN dishes so I can start my hunt here in So Cali.....aver aver...wachugot?

I doubt you can find anything good out there. Pero si ves al tipo de Operation Repo, Luis, el te puede decir.

Slick Ric
10-29-2012, 03:54 PM
i doubt you can find anything good out there. pero si ves al tipo de operation repo, luis, el te puede decir.

wtf?????????????????

jtcs1981
10-29-2012, 04:00 PM
wtf?????????????????

There is a show in Tru TV name Operation Repo. The big fat guy, Luis, is rican. He lives out there and considering how big that mofo is he might know. But you dont know the show, so no point.

codey
10-29-2012, 04:07 PM
here's a link Ric. Enjoy sir! :D

http://www.ricanrecipes.com/

jtcs1981
10-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Well Ric, cause you are a cool cat, I asked a cousin that lives out there in LA. He told me Mofongo Restaurant. Here is a link to the website

http://www.mofongosrestaurant.com/

I saw it and it appears to be a legit. The menu have the food that you will find here. What you should eat?

Como aperitivos, Alcapurrias. Problem is that not everyone knows how to do a good one.

Arroz con gandules con lechon asado. This is a typical dish.

Pasteles. Very similar to Tamales. The difference is that pasteles are done with green bananas. Mexicanos que he conocido que probaron, no les gusta mucho. El menu de ustedes es maiz, el de nosotros guineos y platanos. (Comentarios racistas y de referencia a monos son bienvenidos. No tengo problemas de identidad ni complejo de inferioridad) Not direct to you Ric.

Mofongo. Especialidad del restaurante. Relleno de mariscos es riquisimos. Es bueno si el restaurante usa chicharrones y esta servido caliente, no recalentado.

Luffy
10-29-2012, 04:24 PM
i went to a a half rican half mexican restaurant once i was trying to eat from the rican menu but nothing seemed to appetizing it was hard choosing and what i ended up getting tasted like **** what are the good dishes

Cleto_Reyes
10-29-2012, 05:00 PM
alot of fried bananas que no?

Slick Ric
10-29-2012, 05:53 PM
There is a show in Tru TV name Operation Repo. The big fat guy, Luis, is rican. He lives out there and considering how big that mofo is he might know. But you dont know the show, so no point.

ooh ok ok...never seen the show guess that's why it didn't make sense...hahah thanks

Slick Ric
10-29-2012, 05:54 PM
here's a link Ric. Enjoy sir! :D

http://www.ricanrecipes.com/

Well Ric, cause you are a cool cat, I asked a cousin that lives out there in LA. He told me Mofongo Restaurant. Here is a link to the website

http://www.mofongosrestaurant.com/

I saw it and it appears to be a legit. The menu have the food that you will find here. What you should eat?

Como aperitivos, Alcapurrias. Problem is that not everyone knows how to do a good one.

Arroz con gandules con lechon asado. This is a typical dish.

Pasteles. Very similar to Tamales. The difference is that pasteles are done with green bananas. Mexicanos que he conocido que probaron, no les gusta mucho. El menu de ustedes es maiz, el de nosotros guineos y platanos. (Comentarios racistas y de referencia a monos son bienvenidos. No tengo problemas de identidad ni complejo de inferioridad) Not direct to you Ric.

Mofongo. Especialidad del restaurante. Relleno de mariscos es riquisimos. Es bueno si el restaurante usa chicharrones y esta servido caliente, no recalentado.

sweet this is pretty much a good start point......thanks fellas......

codey
10-29-2012, 05:56 PM
your most welcome.

ELHURACAN58
10-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Finding rican food in California might be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Slick Ric
10-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Finding rican food in California might be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Im up for the task...............

JRM
10-29-2012, 08:37 PM
no you don't stop lying bra

Slick Ric
10-30-2012, 01:25 PM
no you don't stop lying bra

oh most def....why would I lie bout that....if their food is anything like they women im in!!!!!!!!!

bigsmoothh
10-31-2012, 01:55 PM

i always thought that big guy was mexican, i hope that loud minivan aint mexican either, lol

Slick Ric
10-31-2012, 02:17 PM
i always thought that big guy was mexican, i hope that loud minivan aint mexican either, lol

WTF.........this show sux.........just sayin......its fake as fuook........

bigsmoothh
10-31-2012, 07:11 PM
that storage wars looks fake too,

Slick Ric
10-31-2012, 07:23 PM
that storage wars looks fake too,

yup so do the pawn stars series..........IMO all "reality" TV is BS....entertaining yes...but BS nevertheless.......

kadyo
10-31-2012, 07:26 PM
When I read the thread title, I was thinking was it really a comida or ric wanted to eat a puerto rican girl.

Slick Ric
10-31-2012, 07:40 PM
When I read the thread title, I was thinking was it really a comida or ric wanted to eat a puerto rican girl.

I'd eat a puerto rican broad for sure.........well at least some of the ones I know....

ChiRock773
11-02-2012, 11:10 AM

oh damn that dude is Rican?? I always thought he was Mexican....any way yea I seen that heavy chick on that show washing her clothes in a launddry matt near where I live at when I went to pick up a pizza next to that place.......

There's a couple good Cuban spots out here but never seen any Rican ones....

-jose-
11-02-2012, 11:24 AM
if you ever in New Jersey hit me up I'll have my wife cook up a pernil,arroz y guandules meal. (real talk)

Slick Ric
11-02-2012, 12:11 PM
oh damn that dude is Rican?? I always thought he was Mexican....any way yea I seen that heavy chick on that show washing her clothes in a launddry matt near where I live at when I went to pick up a pizza next to that place.......

There's a couple good Cuban spots out here but never seen any Rican ones....

where is out here?????

Slick Ric
11-02-2012, 12:12 PM
if you ever in New Jersey hit me up I'll have my wife cook up a pernil,arroz y guandules meal. (real talk)

thanks brah...don't get it twisted I do like to travel and NY is in my "bucket list" so alomejor un dia de estos por ay te caigo hahaha....but on a dif note you in Jersey?? how you doing with the storm brah? you and your fam good? you must be if you can jump on line no?

-jose-
11-02-2012, 12:19 PM
thanks brah...don't get it twisted I do like to travel and NY is in my "bucket list" so alomejor un dia de estos por ay te caigo hahaha....but on a dif note you in Jersey?? how you doing with the storm brah? you and your fam good? you must be if you can jump on line no?

the storm was rough but my family and I were very fortunate compare to other homes around my block, we just got power restored this morning since Monday so everything going back to normal slowly, thanks for asking bro. appreciate that very much.

Slick Ric
11-02-2012, 01:14 PM
the storm was rough but my family and I were very fortunate compare to other homes around my block, we just got power restored this morning since Monday so everything going back to normal slowly, thanks for asking bro. appreciate that very much.

good to know dawgy on the real...hope ya'll get back to normal sooner than later....

-jose-
11-02-2012, 01:18 PM
good to know dawgy on the real...hope ya'll get back to normal sooner than later....

Gracias Hermano!

Slick Ric
11-02-2012, 03:46 PM
aight fellas imma try to hit up a PR joint on sunday...aver que sale....

ChiRock773
11-02-2012, 10:05 PM
where is out here?????

I live in San Fernando near Sylmar.......they're always shooting that show round here or they used to...yea I seen that Fat Chick in that show round here........I'm ChiTown but stay out here with my wife....there's El Floridita Cuban restaurant in Hollywood....and a couple other ones I seen....

Slick Ric
11-06-2012, 07:49 PM
I live in San Fernando near Sylmar.......they're always shooting that show round here or they used to...yea I seen that Fat Chick in that show round here........I'm ChiTown but stay out here with my wife....there's El Floridita Cuban restaurant in Hollywood....and a couple other ones I seen....

I dig Versailles for cuban food in the valley....it's pretty good....