View Full Version : Jonathan "Bomba"Gonzalez next Ivan Calderon....sort of?

ELHURACAN58
10-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Hey guys what do you think of the "Not to be confused with La Manteca" Gonzalez?

Been following him ever since he beat McWilliams Arroyo who was the world champ in the AM's back in 09. He just beat a tough opponent named Danny Flores in a step up fight, but he's got one more level to go up before thinking about a title match (Romero, Mayol level).

His power is for real thats for sure. Think he can be the next Calderon in the sense of being our face in the lower weights, or are the Arroyo brothers still the guys down there?

Hopefully Calderon retires and becomes his trainer, that would be a hoot.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wRloRYteKbk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

STREET CLEANER
10-21-2012, 10:38 AM
That lil dude was impressive to watch, I've heard of him but did not see him till now. He has fast wicked combos and uses his small size to his advantage

ELHURACAN58
10-21-2012, 12:22 PM
First three rounds of his last fight. You can clearly see his feet movement resembles Calderon's, not so much his head movement as he prefers to defend with his gloves up.

I would imagine his specialty is his uppercut, something he's had since the AM's and used against McWilliams Arroyo.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qLvQyZNNsK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Optimistic
10-21-2012, 08:51 PM
He's been in my top 3 current PR prospects for a while now.

He def has very quick hands, great power, nice footwork, very nice defense. He's just all around impressive.

I agree with you in him having the potential of taking up Calderon's spot in the lower weight classes for us.

I am expecting very good things from him.

Tha_Greatest
10-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Jonathan "Bomba"Gonzalez next Ivan Calderon....sort of? - Is this a good thing or a bad thing cause calderon was a superstar quitter that was expert in taking a knee(twice vs seguras gay azz), just like his boyfreind kneegel cotto did with margacheato(Luis Restos homie, rican inventer of the brick gloves) , lol, nyahahaha

boricuajr23
10-22-2012, 03:38 AM
He's been in my top 3 current PR prospects for a while now.

He def has very quick hands, great power, nice footwork, very nice defense. He's just all around impressive.

I agree with you in him having the potential of taking up Calderon's spot in the lower weight classes for us.

I am expecting very good things from him.

Dulorme, Carlos Velazquez, Bomba Gonzalez, Del valle & Pedraza are my Top 5 and have been for a while. I move them around though everytime. I think all 5 could be title holders. The Arroyo Brothers are slowly moving up in the ranks as well.

jtcs1981
10-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Lo unico que he escuchado de el, de los chamaquitos del barrio, es que el cabron pega fuerte. Nunca lo habia visto hasta ahora y le falta un mundo para mejorar su defensa. Calderon no cogia esos golpes. Se arriesga mucho pero contra golpea bien. Ya veremos

oc9979
10-22-2012, 04:19 PM
He fight very similar to Calderon and having more power than Calderon will help him more. I like the combination he used in his last fight.

AP♠
10-22-2012, 05:52 PM
He impressed me this past weekend.Good movement,good jab,and some nice counter combos.His defense is crabby and awkward in a good way,just not the Calderon wizard type defense.