View Full Version : I've noticed holmes and dundee really dislike tyson

Verstyle
12-20-2005, 03:24 PM
Holmes cant ever give tyson credit for ****. I saw when he was on ringside when they had the tyson marathon he was saying that on no oh no I was 38 he was fighting a 38yr old holmes every1 knows that.and he was tryin to say when tyson had him hurting and runnin like a lil ***** in the 4th round that he was tryin to set tyson up with an uppercut. ***** quit lying u was dizzy and confused.ahahaha.And angelo dundee jus seems like he hates him period he says he wasnt **** and he wasnt going to amount to nuttin he was going to stay the same. Maybe he says all this cause tyson distroyed his fighters in the 80s thats my guess and what ever dundee told his fighters to do it didnt work tryin to tell them to move like ali and **** pllllleaseeahaha To of the biggest names in boxing whining cause tyson was good and that he whipped there ass and there fighters ass perod!

Skydog
12-20-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't think Holmes disliked Tyson. Holmes said that about everyone. He said he should get credit for being the only man to stop Ali. Him and Bert Sugar got into a huge argument, Bert saying Ali was completely finished and looked horrible, Holmes saying that he had pulled off some incredible feat by beating a totally shot Ali. He also said that he was better than Foreman, Frazier, Ali, Dempsey, Marciano, Louis, etc. by saying that he was the greatest champ of-all time.

As for Dundee, I'm sure he disliked Tyson. He HATED Joe Frazier, who destroyed Ellis and beat Ali, two of Dundee's fighters. Angelo is just like that.

Frazier's 15th round
12-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Yeah, Dundee hates the fighters who beat his guys.

Dempsey 1919
12-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Holmes cant ever give tyson credit for ****. I saw when he was on ringside when they had the tyson marathon he was saying that on no oh no I was 38 he was fighting a 38yr old holmes every1 knows that.and he was tryin to say when tyson had him hurting and runnin like a lil ***** in the 4th round that he was tryin to set tyson up with an uppercut. ***** quit lying u was dizzy and confused.ahahaha.And angelo dundee jus seems like he hates him period he says he wasnt **** and he wasnt going to amount to nuttin he was going to stay the same. Maybe he says all this cause tyson distroyed his fighters in the 80s thats my guess and what ever dundee told his fighters to do it didnt work tryin to tell them to move like ali and **** pllllleaseeahaha To of the biggest names in boxing whining cause tyson was good and that he whipped there ass and there fighters ass perod!

he was trying to point out he was trying to set-up a combnation, but his hands were caught in the ropes, and when they played it back, you could see that his hands did actually get caught in the ropes when he raised them, most likely to try to throw a punch or a combination.

Verstyle
12-20-2005, 09:27 PM
he was trying to point out he was trying to set-up a combnation, but his hands were caught in the ropes, and when they played it back, you could see that his hands did actually get caught in the ropes when he raised them, most likely to try to throw a punch or a combination.

like it would have mattered :rolleyes:

Tony Blitz
12-20-2005, 09:34 PM
like it would have mattered :rolleyes:
:lol1: So true.

Dempsey1238
12-20-2005, 11:10 PM
Holmes was doing pretty good in the first 3 rounds, who knows??
Maybe had his hand not been caught in the ropes, he may have made it to the latter rounds.
Holmes was outboxing Tyson, until Holmes got caught.

Brassangel
12-21-2005, 01:23 AM
Holmes wasn't winning on the cards, but he did look pretty good. He even started doing an Ali shuffle in the early parts of round 4. Tyson was just too much for the old man...period.

Gavilan1
12-21-2005, 02:44 AM
Holmes was 38, had no motivation, AND had 2 months of training under his belt which is hardly a good amount considering He was facing Tyson.

Don King came rolling up to Holmes and offered 3 million, and Holmes JUMPED at the chance. He had no motivation for this fight, thus He lost.

Verstyle
12-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Holmes was doing pretty good in the first 3 rounds, who knows??
Maybe had his hand not been caught in the ropes, he may have made it to the latter rounds.
Holmes was outboxing Tyson, until Holmes got caught.

good the first three rounds??? my ass u need to watch that fight again. unless u consider tryin to get 1 punch of and movin out the way good.

Verstyle
12-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Holmes was 38, had no motivation, AND had 2 months of training under his belt which is hardly a good amount considering He was facing Tyson.

Don King came rolling up to Holmes and offered 3 million, and Holmes JUMPED at the chance. He had no motivation for this fight, thus He lost.

even if he had motivation he still would of lost. and i think the movitation part if bull**** cause tyson wasnt a ordinary fighter when they fought. so if holmes would have beaten him theat would have been a big thing really big

catskills23
12-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Holmes lost the first 3 rounds he was by no means outboxing tyson at any point in the fight .

paul750
12-21-2005, 01:52 PM
The bottom line is Tyson didn't beat a Larry Holmes in the prime of his career, he didn't even beat a Larry Holmes who had some tune ups, it's a good name on his record, but it's decieving.

Verstyle
12-21-2005, 01:56 PM
The bottom line is Tyson didn't beat a Larry Holmes in the prime of his career, he didn't even beat a Larry Holmes who had some tune ups, it's a good name on his record, but it's decieving.

but aint it larry's fault for takin the fight. he knew what he was up against. tyson shouldnt be takin lightly in any part of his career especially his prime :eek:

Brassangel
12-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Larry Holmes was his own motivation. During several interviews when Tyson was up-and-coming in the ranks, Holmes was quoted several times saying things like, "He's just a punk kid son of a ***** who hasn't fought anyone experienced..". Holmes repeatedly said that his own experience in the ring would take the younger fighter to school. Well, it ended up a playground for Tyson and he destroyed Holmes. He was winning on points, on style, and on stamina. Regardless of what age Holmes was, he wanted this fight to happen and instigated a lot of trouble for himself. Afterwards, Holmes stated of Tyson, "...this kid is a great champion." I think his mind was changed when it got scrambled in round 4. I normally don't do this much defense work for Tyson, but Holmes is an incredibly arrogant man, despite how great he was, and he had it coming.

Even so, I still have Larry Holmes ranked higher on my all-time list than Tyson. :boxing:

Hydro
04-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Dundee used to be very complimentary of Tyson, early on., when he beat Berbick. I guess he got bitter that Tyson was beating his fighters.

Holmes doesn't like Tyson. Probably because that lisping nut (Tyson) beat his ass. That lisping **** (Holmes) could probably challenge Hagler as most bitter ex-champion ever.

Verstyle
04-04-2006, 01:29 AM
Dundee used to be very complimentary of Tyson, early on., when he beat Berbick. I guess he got bitter that Tyson was beating his fighters.

Holmes doesn't like Tyson. Probably because that lisping nut (Tyson) beat his ass. That lisping **** (Holmes) could probably challenge Hagler as most bitter ex-champion ever.

dont forget pinklon thomas also.another of his fighters

+= El Jefe=+
04-04-2006, 01:36 AM
if you really look close, you will realize only fans give tyson credit, not many trainers promoters and those "insiders" in boxign give tyson any credit. :rolleyes:

Verstyle
04-04-2006, 01:38 AM
if you really look close, you will realize only fans give tyson credit, not many trainers promoters and those "insiders" in boxign give tyson any credit. :rolleyes:

credit for what :confused:

Heckler
04-04-2006, 03:10 AM
Ive only ever heard dundee praise Frazier, i can't understand why he'd dislike him.. considering Ali himself always liked Frazier.