Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Klitschkos Fought in the 60s-70s.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Klitschkos Fought in the 60s-70s.

How would the Kbros fare if they fought in the 60s-70s?

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    How would the Kbros fare if they fought in the 60s-70s?
    I'm sure I'm in the minority viewpoint here, but they'd have done very well. They would have some losses, but they'd also do plenty of damage too. The giant heavyweights back then were mostly clumsy and surprisingly powerless too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      I'm sure I'm in the minority viewpoint here, but they'd have done very well. They would have some losses, but they'd also do plenty of damage too. The giant heavyweights back then were mostly clumsy and surprisingly powerless too.
      what he said

Comment

Ali would probably at least have a shot at beating Wladimir though.

Comment

I think both would lose lopsided decisions to Ali, based on coordination and hand/foot speed plus Ali had a great chin. I think the brothers beat everyone else, unless Joe or George could land a big punch on Wlads weak chin

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
            I think both would lose lopsided decisions to Ali, based on coordination and hand/foot speed plus Ali had a great chin. I think the brothers beat everyone else, unless Joe or George could land a big punch on Wlads weak chin
            I think Vitali could cause Ali fits. But that's my opinion. I think Ali would find a way to stop him most likely though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              I'll raise you and claim Vitali would be the best fighter of the 70s. Wlad would get some wins but probably have two or three meltdowns too.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                I think Vitali could cause Ali fits. But that's my opinion. I think Ali would find a way to stop him most likely though.
                Why Vitali rather than Vlad? Ali by all logic seems like an absolute nightmare for Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                  Why Vitali rather than Vlad? Ali by all logic seems like an absolute nightmare for Vitali.
                  Ali sometimes had problems with unorthodox fighters (Norton, Bonavena, etc.). Vitali has a unique style while Wladimir is much more by the numbers.

Comment

Where would these fights that Vitali would hold court be...........Disney Land?
                    The guy is a robot and has no fluid motion of any kind. His legs look like their automated. When you get a combination out of him he looks to react back in case theirs punches coming at him. If you knew what you were talking about I'll suggest looking at him in the 10th round with Holmes! Holmes got better and had tremendous determination as the fights went on. Big George would walk right to them (bros) and dispatch them, they have nothing to compare to George's power, NOTHING!
                    Ali
                    Holmes
                    Foreman
                    Shavers
                    Frazier
                    Norton
                    Liston
                    Williams
                    .etc..............how would they (Bros.)fare against fighters that wouldn't stay on the outside and box THEM? How about men who could actually pressure them and remember pressuring fighters is how they fight not some boxer trying to go inside but men who fought this way all the time. Dempsey and Marciano and a Young Tyson WOULD get in. Don't think the robot guy has the skills to pick them off as they come!!! He doesn't!! He will back up and then you'll see a side that you've never seen and that he doesn't want to be in because he hasn't the skill to cope with pressure. His era opponents don't have the skills that the great pressure fighters had.
                    I give Vitali credit for doing what he's done but leave him in his era, its safer for him. You actually discredit him by saying silly things like he would dominate the 60s thru 70s. I wouldn't mind seeing him navigate through those fighters but I think he'd fare better against the guys he fights now. You know the guys that are just happy to get paid! Ray.

whats next he could beat Joe Louis????? HA!!!
                    Last edited by Ray Corso; 09-05-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X