View Full Version : Favorite Latino fighters' styles

Perro
08-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Who are yours? :boxing::boxing:

Gotta love Marquez' everything, everything he does is amazing. One thing that obviously stands out is his combination punching, which is fantastic. He has a great uppercut with both hands.

Also a big fan of Chavez Jr's body work and hooks upstairs after working the body, mixing it up.

Big fan of Rios' brawling style, he can pack a punch.

Canelo is another favorite, he's getting better and better each time he gets in the ring, and he has very hard punching power.

Prime Miguel Cotto was another style I really liked, he's still enjoyable to watch with his newer style now.

Cleto_Reyes
08-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Marquez or course. Beautful counter punching with those perfect combos and a wicked uppercut.

Jose benavidez jr. Lightning fast with a nice over hand right.

Mikey garcia. Dude doesnt waste a punch he's one of the most accurate punchers ive seen in a while. He also has a deadly over hand right that would put anyone to sleep

Cleto_Reyes
08-30-2012, 03:26 PM
i guess that why those are my 3 top favorites lol

Perro
08-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Marquez or course. Beautful counter punching with those perfect combos and a wicked uppercut.

Jose benavidez jr. Lightning fast with a nice over hand right.

Mikey garcia. Dude doesnt waste a punch he's one of the most accurate punchers ive seen in a while. He also has a deadly over hand right that would put anyone to sleep

Oh yeah Mikey is the **** too.

Perro
08-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Margarito comes to mind, always pushing forward breaking you down physically and mentally, taking your hardest shots and giving you crushing blows and uppercuts.

Was a fan of Oscar's style too.

Cleto_Reyes
08-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Sal Sanchez. Had a great style. He was a genius in the ring at only 23 years of age. Already fighting like a legend

-Johannes-
08-30-2012, 06:47 PM
The obvious ones like JMM's countepunching and those 4-5 punch combinations are a delight. Sanchez' legenday stamina, that pressure, that power, that chin. He was complete and in my opinion the best Mexican fighter ever.

I like Cristian Mijares' style when he was prime. He had everything but power, he was like a Mexican Whittaker. For those of us that enjoy watching boxing from a defensive perspective, that fight against Jose Navarro was just great. So many ways of evading a shot, good combinations and accuracy.

I also liked prime Margarito, beast stamina to throw 1100+ punches, them triple uppercuts, that granite chin, that pressure, the guy was a badass in and out of the ring.

TX_BOXNG
08-30-2012, 06:48 PM
juan manuel marquez
baby bull diaz
israel vasquez
chavez jr
mikey garcia
sergio martinez
mares
.... a bunch

most latinos have a big heart n entertaining fights

TX_BOXNG
08-30-2012, 06:50 PM
i still feel a prime miguel cotto would of give moneymay a lot of problems he was a smart aggresive body puncher

dj Calleti
08-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Antonio Margarito.

No quit, adelante cabron!

RIZO24
08-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Juan Manuel Marquez, beautiful boxing skills. Julio Cesar Chavez Sr., Great power and skill, that left hook to the body was deadly. Finito Lopez, One of the greatest Mexican fighters of all time,Finito was very technical and had great ring movement. Erik Morales in his prime, He was a beast! Antonio Margarito, The Tijuana Tornado! Threw punches in bunches and his chin was made of steel, he was a scary mother****er!!

JRM
08-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Juan Manuel Marquez, beautiful boxing skills. Julio Cesar Chavez Sr., Great power and skill, that left hook to the body was deadly. Finito Lopez, One of the greatest Mexican fighters of all time,Finito was very technical and had great ring movement. Erik Morales in his prime, He was a beast! Antonio Margarito, The Tijuana Tornado! Threw punches in bunches and his chin was made of steel, he was a scary mother****er!!

great post

apocalypto
08-31-2012, 02:27 AM
Fan of arce style. He just doesnt give a fck. He goes in their to fight not box. He thrives on the smell of blood. Another person who cones to mind is angulo. He goes in there to knock your head off not run around. Anoter of my favorites is tyson marquez. Great combos good power and good boxing skills. Loved how he brawel with conception and then in the middle of the fight he started boxing his ears off.

LeG00N
08-31-2012, 09:27 AM
Juan Manuel Marquez....porque es mi faborito de todos tiempos

Erik Morales - puros huevos, y tecnica

Abner Mares - su estilo de boxear, sin miedo

Jorge Arce - tiene huevos, y pelea como si nada le importara

Sergio Martinez - me gusta su estilo

Wilfredo Vazquez jr - me gusta como pelea y tiene mucho corazon

Brandon Rios - tiene huevos

Marcos Maidana - tiene huevos

Rafael Marquez - razones obvias

Perro
08-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Juan Manuel Marquez....porque es mi faborito de todos tiempos

Erik Morales - puros huevos, y tecnica

Abner Mares - su estilo de boxear, sin miedo

Jorge Arce - tiene huevos, y pelea como si nada le importara

Sergio Martinez - me gusta su estilo

Wilfredo Vazquez jr - me gusta como pelea y tiene mucho corazon

Brandon Rios - tiene huevos

Marcos Maidana - tiene huevos

Rafael Marquez - razones obvias

Good post....

bigsmoothh
09-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Im a big fan of canelos style the guy can box and bang too.....