No announcement yet.

top 5 jr welters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top 5 jr welters

this is similar to my light heavey ratings allowing people that could have made the weight

1 duran
    2 armstrong
    3 benny leonard
    4 wilfred benitz
    5 arron pryor

I also thought about putting jose napoles there because he fought lw and is rumored to have no issues making jw limit

If I were to make a list I would probably include Chavez Sr. and Nicolino Locche. Barney Ross too but many would rank him in other divisions like Duran who really didn't do much at this weight. Antonio Cervantes did quite a bit at 140.

Comment

JCC
      Aaron Pryor
      Nicolino Rocche
      Barney Ross
      Antonio Cervantes

Comment

Too many!

If you go back and look at all the guys that could have made it, or guys that actually fought at a weight in many of their fights that would have qualified for JWW, this could get well over crowded.

Duran if he had stopped off before WW would have beat Pryor and dominated the division, but would have had no one else after Pryor to fight, I don't see anyone that fought officially at JWW beating duran at the weight.

I don't see anyone But Thomas Hearns beating Duran that never fought there, Hearns moved from LW to WW, so you have to add him then, So I say Hearns, then Duran for the guys that were no JWW.

You could have added many of the top 15 LW fighters of all-time to this List, as most fought many fights at or near this weight.

Comment

Working...
        X