View Full Version : I am becoming bored with boxing.

piojo del norte
08-09-2012, 10:19 PM
After following boxing for so long I am at a point where I find myself bored and uninterested with boxing..

The fights I (as well as others) want to see are not being made. The point of boxing is to entertain the fans who buy the events and what has been going on is not cutting it for me.

Things that turn me off from the sport include, promotional disputes, robberies, so many titles and belts as well as others that don't come to mind.

There is no fight I look forward to anymore and the outcome doesn't matter to me. Just last year every month I was pumped for a fight but not anymore.

Hope things get better in the sport of boxing or I might have to call it quits to our relationship.

Oh and TMT??? Do we need more promotional companies who will just block fights from happening....?.

saludos a todos

dj Calleti
08-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Watch football and F1.

I agree, boxing sucks these days.

STREET CLEANER
08-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Makes me wonder how long you have been watching boxing. You get the fights they give and every once in a while you get the super fight. Any fight can be a barn burner, it don't have to be the top tier of the sport to be entertaining.

I watch as much as I can what ever they are showing. If the top guys would fight each other right away they will be no build up

Band-Aid
08-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Watch football and F1.

I agree, boxing sucks these days.

theres too much diving in futbol bro

Dickie Smalls
08-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Yeah boxing needs more evenly matched wars like Corrales-Castillo, Ward-Gatti etc.

These days, big name fighters just duck and hand-pick fights to improve their stats. There are too many belts in each division; too many "world champions". People need to know who's the real king and the king needs to face quality challengers chosen by the fans who fund the whole damn game.

And the judges need to be constantly monitored and reviewed to try and rid boxing of corruption. Sh*t decisions get fans pissed and make them not want to buy PPV again.

Alot of sh*t needs sorting, but there's just so much politics in the boxing game, where can we start?...

Band-Aid
08-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Yeah boxing needs more evenly matched wars like Corrales-Castillo, Ward-Gatti etc.

These days, big name fighters just duck and hand-pick fights to improve their stats. There are too many belts in each division; too many "world champions". People need to know who's the real king and the king needs to face quality challengers chosen by the fans who fund the whole damn game.

And the judges need to be constantly monitored and reviewed to try and rid boxing of corruption. Sh*t decisions get fans pissed and make them not want to buy PPV again.

Alot of sh*t needs sorting, but there's just so much politics in the boxing game, where can we start?...
hell yeah man, I love JCC Jr but even I don't feel inclined to buy his PPV, and I'll probably end up watching it on an HD stream....

if it were a few years ago I'd be proud to buy any boxing PPV... now I'm hesitant to even buy them from my favorite fighters. The sport is definitely heading the wrong direction

Capo Loko
08-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Yep, I know what you mean, carnal. Back then (a couple yrs) **** was more exciting. A couple of nights ago on SHOTIME, they replayed Marquez vs. Vasquez I & II, and I was like "wow"... speechless. Now, motherphuckers don't wanna fight each other 'cause they're afraid to lose or 'cause of feria!

Sucks too, 'cause a lot of my friends and fam are not watching it anymore like we used to... all 'cause of bow**** robberies, or fighters not being respectful (not making weight, catch weights, etc)

JR vs Martinez
Rios vs. Alvarado
Cotto vs. TBA
will probably be the only fights I watch. Not really feeling the rest.... canelo vs. josesito?!?!?! pfft!

Band-Aid
08-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Yep, I know what you mean, carnal. Back then (a couple yrs) **** was more exciting. A couple of nights ago on SHOTIME, they replayed Marquez vs. Vasquez I & II, and I was like "wow"... speechless. Now, motherphuckers don't wanna fight each other 'cause they're afraid to lose or 'cause of feria!

Sucks too, 'cause a lot of my friends and fam are not watching it anymore like we used to... all 'cause of bow**** robberies, or fighters not being respectful (not making weight, catch weights, etc)

JR vs Martinez
Rios vs. Alvarado
Cotto vs. TBA
will probably be the only fights I watch. Not really feeling the rest.... canelo vs. josesito?!?!?! pfft!
damn i can't believe i missed those! damn you 3 free months of HBO and Showtime on direcTV running out...

THE REED™
08-10-2012, 01:16 AM
See ya later...

led
08-10-2012, 01:51 AM
Boxing nowadays is pretty unexciting but to say you lost interest of it because of such reason is like telling us that you treat boxing as one of those bandwagon sports.

Optimistic
08-10-2012, 02:32 AM
I can see where youre coming from, hermano.

Alot of bull**** nowadays is making it difficult to enjoy the sport.

I could never imagine myself ever not watching this sport tho.

I love it too much.

We got some great fights coming up too.

Just hang in there. :boxing:

chiguy91
08-10-2012, 02:44 AM
Boxing nowadays is pretty unexciting but to say you lost interest of it because of such reason is like telling us that you treat boxing as one of those bandwagon sports.

truth. i love boxing, and even though i seriously got into like in late 08, there's always something to look forward to. going to live shows is always dope, regardless if it is local stuff or televised shows like espn or hbo. doing it is great too, i need to get on that more tbh. the robberies and protecting of fighters does damage to the sport and takes a little bit out of big fights to fully enjoy cause the possibility of a robbery, but the only thing i can find "boring" in boxing is probably forums like these, at times. there's sometimes too many repetitive threads discussing the same thing and the flock of trolls/alts/fanboys makes it annoying to actually try and discuss actual boxing. but overall it's dope, i wouldn't want to be off this place for good or on another site. i agree with led though, boxing isn't like any other sport.

bigsmoothh
08-29-2012, 08:52 PM
welcome to the club.................

Cleto_Reyes
08-29-2012, 08:56 PM
i will always love the sport. Dont get the Sport mixed with the Politics of boxing. We all hate that

JRM
08-30-2012, 03:00 AM
I can't lie it has slowed down quite a bit lately.