View Full Version : JCC Jr Vs Serg Maravilla...who you got?

RavshinRicRude
06-18-2012, 12:17 PM
I saw Jr do work over the weekend...I've been telling the haters all along that this kid may not ever be his dad (but who will) but the kid is good...and then some...sure Andy Lee is NOT the top of the food chain but any dude they put in front of him Jr has done work....and he sure as hell did work on this kat....

now comes............Sept 15 ....Serg MARAVIALLA Martinez...Im a fan of the dude not gonna lie....and unlike Lee Serg IS the top of the food chain....Jr is gonna have to have an out of body experience to beat this man (IMO) but so far Jr has risen up to expectations...I won't be the one to say IT CAN'T BE DONE!!!

so who you got ???

Cleto_Reyes
06-18-2012, 12:56 PM
no doubt Chavez jr has been progressing with each fight. He has a good skill set . Good chin and decent defense. Maravilla is too much for Jr though. Jr can hadle somone that gives angles like sergio. He will struggle with the fact that sergio is a southpaw and has good power. Maravilla UD12

Optimistic
06-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Gonna have to go with Maravilla.

Chavez showed some improvements in his last bout, but I still think Sergio is too much for Chavez.

Hopefully this fight actually happens.

RavshinRicRude
06-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Gonna have to go with Maravilla.

Chavez showed some improvements in his last bout, but I still think Sergio is too much for Chavez.

Hopefully this fight actually happens.

jebuz christ that nalga drives me crazy every time.....:luvbed:

RIZO24
06-18-2012, 02:25 PM
MArtinez is so good, but he is a small middleweight.. I think Cahvez will make it difficult just becasue of his size..I still think MArtinez might outbox him but not before going through hell and back..

RavshinRicRude
06-18-2012, 03:40 PM
MArtinez is so good, but he is a small middleweight.. I think Cahvez will make it difficult just becasue of his size..I still think MArtinez might outbox him but not before going through hell and back..

I wonder what weight Jr came in at for the lee fight......anyone know?

jtcs1981
06-18-2012, 03:56 PM
I bet Chavez can take Cloud and Pascal shots. The kid is strong and too damn big for Martinez. He will catch up with him eventually and TKO him. And he has improve a lot. This JCC Jr is not the same kid who fought Vanda. This kid is not taking breaks during the round. He will clean that division and maybe a guy like Dirrell can beat him in 168. A fight against Froch will be a war.

No sere su fanatico jamas, pero el chamaco esta mejorando y hay que reconocerlo. Y esta haciendo lo mismo que su papa, que peleo con 40 y tantos taxistas y cuando subio a otro nivel, mejor grandemente.

chiguy91
06-19-2012, 02:04 AM
martinez, of course. i think i'm going to be rooting for him until he retires. i really don't like chavez either. i acknowledge he's improving at a good rate and they're handling his career nicely, but all the shady **** is what i can't get past. skipping drug tests, using kid sized rings, and working with scumbags like bob arum and freddie roach.
plus his fans are retarded as ****. accepting that this dude skips out on tests, weighs 20+ lbs the next day and don't even question it. most might be trolls (especially the ones claiming him to be the next atg). i know martinez knows he can't let it go to a decision, but i hope he really tries to stop him and not fight so calm like he did in his last two fights. i never intend or do wish pain or hurt upon someone else, but in this fight, i really hope martinez bashes this guy's skull in. i just can't stand him, his fanbase, his dad, his trainer, pretty much anything. and i don't care if he's mexican like me, in sports and general tbh, i don't let **** like that get in the way of my views.

MANIAC310
06-19-2012, 03:24 AM
I like both, and i've always thought the fight would be closer than people thought. This was reinforced by Martinez's recent lackluster performances and Chavez's increasing ability ...

I'll probably be rooting for Maravilla .....

RavshinRicRude
06-19-2012, 11:47 AM
I live both these kats.......I think Maravilla takes it but ill be rooting for the upset by Jr

-jose-
06-19-2012, 01:48 PM
always thought Maravilla would have an easy win against Junior but after seeing Juniors last impressive performance it doesn't change my mind Maravilla will win but it definitely takes the word easy away from the fight...

RavshinRicRude
06-20-2012, 12:36 PM
always thought Maravilla would have an easy win against Junior but after seeing Juniors last impressive performance it doesn't change my mind Maravilla will win but it definitely takes the word easy away from the fight...

so far it looks like most here agree with you.....

RavshinRicRude
06-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Maravilla but chavez has a shot

gonna be a barn burner for sure!

Suavecito80
06-21-2012, 03:13 PM
IF the fight happens I think Maravilla takes it. Jr. will do a little better than people expected but I see him getting sliced up by Martinez. UD or possibly late round stoppage.

RavshinRicRude
06-21-2012, 04:13 PM
IF the fight happens I think Maravilla takes it. Jr. will do a little better than people expected but I see him getting sliced up by Martinez. UD or possibly late round stoppage.

Sounds to me like its a done deal....

Suavecito80
06-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Sounds to me like its a done deal....

It will be a done deal to me when they are announcing Maravilla's record in one corner with Jr. in the other corner. Until then nothing is a done deal...

RavshinRicRude
06-21-2012, 06:05 PM
It will be a done deal to me when they are announcing Maravilla's record in one corner with Jr. in the other corner. Until then nothing is a done deal...

true dat true dat......

bigsmoothh
06-22-2012, 08:54 PM
bueno, pienso que cada uno tiene su estilo muy bueno. maravilla boxea y se mueve bien pero chavez trabaja el cuerpo y tira demasiado. en esta pelea yo pienso que chavez jr vence a maravilla por ko en 9 asaltos.

chiguy91
06-25-2012, 12:06 AM

yeah, i won't believe it until they are in the ring together. pressers and faceoffs will get me hyped, but we've seen chavez pull out last minute due to "flus" and ceiling fan injuries". i think he will go through with it though if all the pressers, faceoff, and 24/7s happen.

RavshinRicRude
06-25-2012, 04:33 PM
yeah, i won't believe it until they are in the ring together. pressers and faceoffs will get me hyped, but we've seen chavez pull out last minute due to "flus" and ceiling fan injuries". i think he will go through with it though if all the pressers, faceoff, and 24/7s happen.

ahhahahahhahaha.............

Suavecito80
06-25-2012, 06:28 PM

wtf hahahahahaha did I miss something????

RavshinRicRude
06-25-2012, 06:33 PM
wtf hahahahahaha did I miss something????

WBO middleweight titleholder Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. has a large, red welt between two of the knuckles on his swollen right hand where stitches were required stitches to close a cut sustained during an accident with a ceiling fan a little more than two weeks ago.

During that time, the unbeaten 25-year-old has mad vane attempts to use that fist during sparring sessions, determined to defend his belt against Ronald Hearns in Chavez's native Culiacan, Mex., on Sept. 17.

But Chavez's manager, Billy Keane, has seen the damaged fist, and says Chavez-Hearns simply can not happen.

Primera
06-25-2012, 06:40 PM
so many votes for Chavez Jr...

it's a 50/50 fight imo.

Martinez has the power/precision and Chavez Jr has that body work

Suavecito80
06-25-2012, 07:10 PM
WBO middleweight titleholder Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. has a large, red welt between two of the knuckles on his swollen right hand where stitches were required stitches to close a cut sustained during an accident with a ceiling fan a little more than two weeks ago.

During that time, the unbeaten 25-year-old has mad vane attempts to use that fist during sparring sessions, determined to defend his belt against Ronald Hearns in Chavez's native Culiacan, Mex., on Sept. 17.

But Chavez's manager, Billy Keane, has seen the damaged fist, and says Chavez-Hearns simply can not happen.

you could not make that **** up. smh :stooges:

RavshinRicRude
06-25-2012, 07:13 PM
you could not make that **** up. smh :stooges:

oh but im sure THEY could hahahhaha

Suavecito80
06-25-2012, 07:55 PM
oh but im sure THEY could hahahhaha

Right what was I thinking? LOL!!

Primera
06-26-2012, 02:14 AM
i got money on jcc jr winning this

bigsmoothh
06-26-2012, 03:12 AM
4 to 19 lmfao..... cant wait for this fight to happen, itll be good while it last but always remember my friends youth and power always prevail

Coyotefury
06-26-2012, 10:13 AM
4 to 19 lmfao..... cant wait for this fight to happen, itll be good while it last but always remember my friends youth and power always prevail

tell that to juan diaz

Cuauhtémoc1520
06-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Martinez kills this kid. I don't know why people think any different. Martinez movement, boxing and speed would pick Jr apart. I understand he's bigger and stronger but Martinez is on another level Jr has never seen.

Jr takes a beating for 12 rounds.

Suavecito80
06-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Martinez kills this kid. I don't know why people think any different. Martinez movement, boxing and speed would pick Jr apart. I understand he's bigger and stronger but Martinez is on another level Jr has never seen.

Pretty much how I see it. On top of that Maravilla has wanted this for a loooooooonnnggg time so you know he is going to try to be extra sharp and this is going on PPV. War Maravilla.

RavshinRicRude
06-26-2012, 01:12 PM

tell that to Josesito Lopez..........

jtcs1981
06-26-2012, 01:57 PM

But Jr takes the decision. Unless is a stoppage or a TKO, se la dan a Chavez.

RavshinRicRude
06-26-2012, 02:55 PM

you thinking pac bradley status?

jtcs1981
06-26-2012, 02:57 PM
you thinking pac bradley status?

You dont mess with La Vaca de Dinero

RavshinRicRude
06-26-2012, 04:53 PM
You dont mess with La Vaca de Dinero

hmmmmmmmm.........interesting take..........

bigsmoothh
06-26-2012, 09:00 PM

good post, the reason i think chavez beats martinez is by two major reasons jr works the body and has decent power. jrs chin is as others might say very durable. martinez never faced a fighter like chavez recently last time he fought someone similar to chavez well we all know how that turned out. Another reason i might add to favor chavez is the age difference am i the only one who sees this?

chiguy91
06-26-2012, 11:46 PM

yeah, i wouldn't put anything past top prank. rios/abril and pacquiao/bradley. both set ups. not to mention chavez has received gifts before, against molina twice, vanda in their first fight and imo i thought zbik outdid him. last one wouldn't be considered a gift since it was a fairly close fight.

good post, the reason i think chavez beats martinez is by two major reasons jr works the body and has decent power. jrs chin is as others might say very durable. martinez never faced a fighter like chavez recently last time he fought someone similar to chavez well we all know how that turned out. Another reason i might add to favor chavez is the age difference am i the only one who sees this?

last time martinez faced someone like chavez? you honestly trying to say margarito? back in 2000 when martinez was nowhere near world class level like he is now? come on man. he faced a tough and heavier pavlik. someone who i'm sure hits harder than chavez jr. paul williams, height and activity trumps chavez. not sure about power cause chavez is basically a light heavyweight squeezing down to 160. and martinez bends at the waist. how many times have you seen people get to his body or put work on him?
i think chavez will have his moments in the fight and can possibly get martinez up against the ropes, but if he's really on like he was in his fights with williams and dzinziruk, chavez isn't going to be able to get to his body like he expects. martinez' age is concerning when i think about it, but he takes care of himself so i don't think that should play into it. maybe a year or so from now but i think he's still good to go. chavez' size on fight night is a bit more concerning to me. i really hope they test him thoroughly

ny123
06-26-2012, 11:49 PM
If Chavez is tested using the best testing than Martinez taxes that ass. Since he wont be i think he might be strong enough to lose a dec in a fight he makes interesting at times.

PAC-BOY
06-26-2012, 11:52 PM
i think it will be a breath of fresh air ...a good azz match up. What we need more of in this sport. i like both

bigsmoothh
06-27-2012, 01:26 AM
yeah, i wouldn't put anything past top prank. rios/abril and pacquiao/bradley. both set ups. not to mention chavez has received gifts before, against molina twice, vanda in their first fight and imo i thought zbik outdid him. last one wouldn't be considered a gift since it was a fairly close fight.

last time martinez faced someone like chavez? you honestly trying to say margarito? back in 2000 when martinez was nowhere near world class level like he is now? come on man. he faced a tough and heavier pavlik. someone who i'm sure hits harder than chavez jr. paul williams, height and activity trumps chavez. not sure about power cause chavez is basically a light heavyweight squeezing down to 160. and martinez bends at the waist. how many times have you seen people get to his body or put work on him?
i think chavez will have his moments in the fight and can possibly get martinez up against the ropes, but if he's really on like he was in his fights with williams and dzinziruk, chavez isn't going to be able to get to his body like he expects. martinez' age is concerning when i think about it, but he takes care of himself so i don't think that should play into it. maybe a year or so from now but i think he's still good to go. chavez' size on fight night is a bit more concerning to me. i really hope they test him thoroughly

and did you honestly think that pavlik stood a chance against martinez? a guy who was already destroyed and broken down by hopkins and booze? cmon man even the matt mackin kid had his moments with martinez who didnt looked to impressive in that fight. the only thing that concerns me is martinez health atm....

RavshinRicRude
06-27-2012, 11:51 AM
i think it will be a breath of fresh air ...a good azz match up. What we need more of in this sport. i like both

What's good bruh....good to see ya out in these parts....still sportin the siggy I see....:boxing:

Suavecito80
06-27-2012, 12:07 PM
and did you honestly think that pavlik stood a chance against martinez? a guy who was already destroyed and broken down by hopkins and booze? cmon man even the matt mackin kid had his moments with martinez who didnt looked to impressive in that fight. the only thing that concerns me is martinez health atm....

I dont remember him being destroyed and that comparison is garbage it makes not sense. Macklin had his moments? You mean him completely changing his style when he fought Martinez? What happened after Maravilla adjusted again? Refresh my memory. Jr. gets hit A LOT!! This fight will be no difference.

dr.archives
06-27-2012, 12:22 PM
I think it will be a good competitive fight but I have to go with a Sergio win. Chavez has gotten a lot better but there is a world of difference between Andy Lee (a fight in which JCC jr. was behind on the scorecards) and Martinez. Don't get me wrong, the Lee win was great but he's hardly an 'A' fighter.

RavshinRicRude
06-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I think it will be a good competitive fight but I have to go with a Sergio win. Chavez has gotten a lot better but there is a world of difference between Andy Lee (a fight in which JCC jr. was behind on the scorecards) and Martinez. Don't get me wrong, the Lee win was great but he's hardly an 'A' fighter.

true dat true dat........

bigsmoothh
06-27-2012, 11:57 PM
I dont remember him being destroyed and that comparison is garbage it makes not sense. Macklin had his moments? You mean him completely changing his style when he fought Martinez? What happened after Maravilla adjusted again? Refresh my memory. Jr. gets hit A LOT!! This fight will be no difference.

so loosing to a 46 year old senior and months af alcohol abuse didnt take thier poll on pavlik is that what your tellin me? since macklin was sooo easy why did it take sexy sergio 11 rds to get him out of there? I guess it must of taken maravilla 11 rds to adjust lmfao..........

chiguy91
06-28-2012, 12:24 AM
so loosing to a 46 year old senior and months af alcohol abuse didnt take thier poll on pavlik is that what your tellin me? since macklin was sooo easy why did it take sexy sergio 11 rds to get him out of there? I guess it must of taken maravilla 11 rds to adjust lmfao..........

:lol1: you must have not seen the fight, have you? in the seventh round where macklin got a bogus knockdown, that's when martinez went into second gear. he realized macklin clearly stole a round and then that's when martinez really started breaking macklin down. regardless of it taking 11 rounds, did any round show martinez in serious trouble or completely outboxed? perhaps you should actually watch the fight to see what happened instead of looking at boxrec to see how many rounds the fight went.
yeah, and after losing to an atg 2 weightclasses above where he was champ, he came back down and defended his belts twice. one was against rubio where he stopped him. pavlik, drinking problems or not, still had pop. i'm sure a boozed up pavlik still hits harder than chavez. even going into the fight him and his trainer were saying they had a great training camp and were ready to fight. people on here were even picking pavlik to win. just after he lost he wanted to go out and blame it all on his drinking problem. yeah he might not have been at his best, but you honestly think a rematch or any other night would be any different? with him being sober and working with garcia now.

dj Calleti
06-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Bum ass posters.

Been saying El Gran Vaca de Dinero stops Martinez for ages now. It's till now you all realize his greatness. I remember telling you clowns Vaca owns Cotto and Martinez the same night and was laughed at.

Now you clowns know I mean business. In other words, respect my predictions cause I don't respect yours.

Wankers.

bigsmoothh
06-28-2012, 02:55 AM
:lol1: you must have not seen the fight, have you? in the seventh round where macklin got a bogus knockdown, that's when martinez went into second gear. he realized macklin clearly stole a round and then that's when martinez really started breaking macklin down. regardless of it taking 11 rounds, did any round show martinez in serious trouble or completely outboxed? perhaps you should actually watch the fight to see what happened instead of looking at boxrec to see how many rounds the fight went.
yeah, and after losing to an atg 2 weightclasses above where he was champ, he came back down and defended his belts twice. one was against rubio where he stopped him. pavlik, drinking problems or not, still had pop. i'm sure a boozed up pavlik still hits harder than chavez. even going into the fight him and his trainer were saying they had a great training camp and were ready to fight. people on here were even picking pavlik to win. just after he lost he wanted to go out and blame it all on his drinking problem. yeah he might not have been at his best, but you honestly think a rematch or any other night would be any different? with him being sober and working with garcia now.

ive seen the fight and honestly was not impressed by sergio at all......

elgranluchadore
06-28-2012, 04:01 AM
Chavez ha sido protegido toda su carrera, jamas se a enfrentado a alguien tan rapido o con tan fuerte pegada como Martinez y ni hablar de la defensa del maravilla , la unica esperanza de chavez es aguantar la distancia y esperar que le den una decision

Sergio puede que empieze lento y chavez pueda aprovechar eso pero una vez que se meta en la pelea va a conectar con todos sus golpes ya que la defensa de chavez es muy rudimentaria, pienso que Papa Chavez para la pelea en el octavo round

Coyotefury
06-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Sergio has been holding back on purpose to lure Chavez out. He hasn't looked amazing in his recent fights on purpose, because he knew if he just went in and blasted his opponents Chavez would never even want to step foot in the ring with him. You ever wonder or notice how Sergio all of a sudden just seems to flip a switch or step into a second gear and from then on he dominates or finishes his opponents within the next 2 rounds. Now you have people thinking, well Sergio already got old over night, now Chavez jr is probably thinking the same thing that's why he is finally going to step foot in the ring with him. But come fight night Chavez jr will be in a world of hurt when he realizes that Martinez has been playing possum all along.

Suavecito80
06-28-2012, 08:55 AM

This. I need not add any more.

-DSG-
06-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Maravilla!!!!!!

pablo1
06-30-2012, 12:48 AM
No me impresiono Chavez Jr. en su pelea contra Lee, creo que Sergio lo detiene en las ultimas rondas.

EdMon917
06-30-2012, 12:58 AM
If JR has his way which seems like he will and has no testing then I'm sure he can last 12 rounds where he will be given a decision win. Martinez only chance to beat Chavez JR is by knockout and I don't see that as a likely outcome.

RavshinRicRude
07-02-2012, 07:54 PM
If JR has his way which seems like he will and has no testing then I'm sure he can last 12 rounds where he will be given a decision win. Martinez only chance to beat Chavez JR is by knockout and I don't see that as a likely outcome.

What's with this no testing??? he gets urine tested right?