View Full Version : Fights

cms
01-04-2005, 10:07 PM
In fights i always get very VERY nervous before them , but when i spar , i spar ppl bigger then me and when i spar i dont get nervous at all anything that could help me not be so nervous fo fights? :confused:

Dyl-G
01-04-2005, 10:39 PM
i donno, but is that you in your avatar, which one is you?

spinksjinx
01-04-2005, 11:01 PM
In fights i always get very VERY nervous before them , but when i spar , i spar ppl bigger then me and when i spar i dont get nervous at all anything that could help me not be so nervous fo fights? :confused:

Could it be the spectators and knowing that when stepping in for a fight it actually counts?

Floydmayweather
01-05-2005, 12:34 AM
I just close my eyes and picture knocking my oppenent out the crowd just seems to disappear.

spinksjinx
01-05-2005, 06:21 AM
I just close my eyes and picture knocking my oppenent out the crowd just seems to disappear.

That seems like the wrong mentality when getting in the ring from the start.

cms
01-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Could it be the spectators and knowing that when stepping in for a fight it actually counts?
excacly lol

cms
01-05-2005, 04:47 PM
i donno, but is that you in your avatar, which one is you?
ya dats me in the avatar im the one in da blue

boxer2k5
01-05-2005, 04:57 PM

you mean you have your eyes closed while in the ring

whats your record 0-12-0

ShotgunSeanK
01-05-2005, 05:39 PM
how many bouts have you had and how many wins, CMS?

Dyl-G
01-05-2005, 06:45 PM
ya dats me in the avatar im the one in da blue

sweetness dude man bro

cms
01-05-2005, 07:46 PM
how many bouts have you had and how many wins, CMS?

ive had 5 bouts my recs 2-3, but i think i got ripped on my last loss , but **** happens lol :D

riz
01-05-2005, 08:01 PM
i kno wat its like to get nervous

Hunna
01-08-2005, 12:09 AM
remember, everyone gets nervous, if u dont get nervous ur not human or an alien and shouldnt be in the ring. Even if ur nervous ,try to look relaxed, smile chat with a good mate or have alight-hearted convo. Also, having a quick powernap b4 ya fite clears ya mind!
If u looked relaxed infront of ur opponent, your opponent ****
himself. When u get heaps more experience it wont matter. One of my mates spews before most fightsand lost his first 5. 50 fights later he rep. his country and went to world amateur titles.

cms
01-08-2005, 12:14 AM
remember, everyone gets nervous, if u dont get nervous ur not human or an alien and shouldnt be in the ring. Even if ur nervous ,try to look relaxed, smile chat with a good mate or have alight-hearted convo. Also, having a quick powernap b4 ya fite clears ya mind!
If u looked relaxed infront of ur opponent, your opponent ****
himself. When u get heaps more experience it wont matter. One of my mates spews before most fightsand lost his first 5. 50 fights later he rep. his country and went to world amateur titles.

thanx that helps me , seriously that helps me a lot

Dyl-G
01-08-2005, 01:26 AM
yeah that helped me a lotand im far away fromfighting

Floydmayweather
01-20-2005, 12:56 AM
no not when im in the ring smart ass before i enter it and i have not lost a fight.

Mr. Ryan
01-20-2005, 02:40 PM
What makes me nervous is everything. You see the ring, and it's much nicer than the one you spar in at your gym. You see the trunks, and they're shiny and clean. You see the people and they're eating pizza and chilling. Everybody is just having a good time waiting for you to perform. It's very nerve wrecking, I still haven't gotten used to it. But the cleaness and neatness of the ring is what gets to me for some reason. Makes me nervous.

Mr. Ryan
01-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Also, having a quick powernap b4 ya fite clears ya mind!
I tried to nap before my first fight and that was the worst experience of my life. I felt like I was on death row waiting for the guy to come and put me in the chair. I was ****ting bricks waiting downstairs in the basement while everyone was warming up. I tried to listen to music to relax me, that helped some.
While walking to the ring for the fight, I had this nervous smile on my face, trying to front like I was happy to fight. I wanted to turn around and run, but knew this was not the time to reneg. The funny part is that I'm not afraid of taking a beating, it's looking bad in there that worried me.
A minute before the fight, my trainer Lucky said "Look good for the girls out there, kid." That relaxed me abit because I knew I had a competent guy in my corner who makes me laugh. I went out there and dominated this 14 year old kid after a little bit of a shaky start, and won a 3 round decision.

Floydmayweather
01-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Spinksjinx if u are thinking about the crowd u are not ready to fight. U have to have one focus to dispose of your oppenenent i never hear the crowd i just get in the zone. Mental imagery works great for all sports and boxing included. Im just saying i close my eyes for a second to re focus some of the nervous energry.