View Full Version : Victor Ortiz vs. Erislandy Lara???

piojo del norte
05-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Lara has been calling out everyone and has just resently called out vic ortiz at a weight of 150. I don't see why this fight should not be made.

Lara should calm down a second, take a seat and just relax for the moment, he will get his shot soon.

RIZO24
05-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Lara has been calling out everyone and has just resently called out vic ortiz at a weight of 150. I don't see why this fight should not be made.

Lara should calm down a second, take a seat and just relax for the moment, he will get his shot soon.

Why dont he call out Molina? Dude is calling out a 147 fighter. **** him let him get in line for Canelo..

AztecWanker
05-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Why dont he call out Molina? Dude is calling out a 147 fighter. **** him let him get in line for Canelo..

DeCubas manages both Lara and Molina and wants to build them up separately. They'll only fight again if there's $$$ involved.

RavshinRicRude
05-23-2012, 01:33 PM

and he just moved up to 147 no too long ago either.........weak

Underboss
05-23-2012, 02:34 PM
I like Lara but this guy is getting full of himself. What he needs to do is call out Williams for a rematch and THEN go for the big fish.

Luffy
05-23-2012, 04:07 PM
ortiz..........

MalikKnucklez
05-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I like Lara but this guy is getting full of himself. What he needs to do is call out Williams for a rematch and THEN go for the big fish.

They called for a rematch with Paul Williams right after the first fight and PWill's team acted like they had bigger fish to fry.

I think at this point Lara is just desperate for a big named fight, and rightfully so.

DeCubas already stated he wasn't interested in setting a rematch up with Molina & Lara. It's clear that the only reason he pinned both of his fighters against each other in the first place was to set them up for bigger fights.

AztecWanker
05-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Why did piojo del norte get banned?

RIZO24
05-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Why did piojo del norte get banned?

Que le paso el Piojoso??

chiguy91
05-28-2012, 02:29 AM
They called for a rematch with Paul Williams right after the first fight and PWill's team acted like they had bigger fish to fry.

I think at this point Lara is just desperate for a big named fight, and rightfully so.

DeCubas already stated he wasn't interested in setting a rematch up with Molina & Lara. It's clear that the only reason he pinned both of his fighters against each other in the first place was to set them up for bigger fights.

yeah, and it kind of worked with both of them getting hbo and showtime fights. that's def why the rematch won't happen now. they already made their mark within the premium networks and division, now they just need fighters to man up and fight them.
williams ain't giving lara a rematch, and i doubt kirkland will give molina the rematch either. too bad neither of them can get their hands on trout or martirosyan, those would be great fights for either guy. we'll see what happens, i hope they both get names or relatively known names in their next fights.
as for this fight, ortiz/lara, lara beats him. i think he's smarter and a bit stronger. it'd be a good fight but i think lara wins in the end, possible stoppage. can't be mad at lara for trying though, every fight around him that is doable to make ain't happening.

bigsmoothh
06-01-2012, 05:04 AM
seems that this guy has taken antonio margaritos "most avoided man" theme........

Cleto_Reyes
06-01-2012, 11:41 AM
LAra gives trouble to anyone. He's is a high risk fight

AntonTheMeh
06-01-2012, 11:51 AM
vic's one of my favs, but he gets sparked out right now. i don't like this fight at all. i think vic's the future at 147, and lara seems like a career jr, so they'll still be abe to meet down the line.

the_ilest
06-01-2012, 12:06 PM
i would rather see lara vs canelo.

Cleto_Reyes
06-01-2012, 02:37 PM
i would rather see lara vs canelo.

Lara wins this one as well....

bigsmoothh
06-01-2012, 10:08 PM
lara vs canelote? yo digo que el nelo le parte la madre al lara.................

Capo Loko
06-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Lara is a joke... Along with his Cuban fans who keep disrespecting the new cash cow - Canelo- (they're the reason I got banned for a week)

Lara is a nobody, he got whooped and exposed by Molina. Motherphucker should call out Molina again. Seriously, who the phuck is he to even mention Canelo?

The guy is not a draw, boring, and has no fans. Fight Molina first, then Kirkland, then maybe... Maybe you can call out Canelo. For now, you and your hating Cuban fans can stfu, and take a seat.

Capo Loko
06-04-2012, 04:59 PM
... Oh, and Victor Ortiz sparks him out in 1 round. True story.

JRM
06-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Not really interested in this fight.

Victor Ortiz is weird.

I rather see Canelo vs. Lara

I think Canelo wins this by Split Decision.

MalikKnucklez
06-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Lara is a joke... Along with his Cuban fans who keep disrespecting the new cash cow - Canelo- (they're the reason I got banned for a week)

Lara is a nobody, he got whooped and exposed by Molina. Motherphucker should call out Molina again. Seriously, who the phuck is he to even mention Canelo?

The guy is not a draw, boring, and has no fans. Fight Molina first, then Kirkland, then maybe... Maybe you can call out Canelo. For now, you and your hating Cuban fans can stfu, and take a seat.

Lolol...why u so agitated? Name the Cubans that disrespected Canelo in route to crediting Lara? There are like 4 Cubans on this board...and only two of them are Lara fans :lol1:

And Molina didn't "expose" anybody...he went balls out on a fight he arguably won by one or two rounds. He dominated the early rounds (simply by throwing more), began getting countered & tagged cleanly mid-fight and then outworked Lara in the final rounds. The reason why the rematch hasn't been made has been stated on here countless times.

U over here making straw man arguments and arguing with yourself lol....u corny...stop it...

CubanGuyNYC
06-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Lolol...why u so agitated? Name the Cubans that disrespected Canelo in route to crediting Lara? There are like 4 Cubans on this board...and only two of them are Lara fans :lol1:

And Molina didn't "expose" anybody...he went balls out on a fight he arguably won by one or two rounds. He dominated the early rounds (simply by throwing more), began getting countered & tagged cleanly mid-fight and then outworked Lara in the final rounds. The reason why the rematch hasn't been made has been stated on here countless times.

U over here making straw man arguments and arguing with yourself lol....u corny...stop it...

Does predicting a Lara victory over "Canelo" count as "disrespect"? lol

The clamor over Lara-Molina just dosn't go away, does it? I've watched the fight twice. The second time the draw made more sense to me. I think Carlos did enough to get the nod, but it was a closer fight than many will concede. The outcome probably falls under the category of "bad decision." It certainly wasn't the robbery Lara fell victim to against Williams.

Landy has been making a lot of noise for a long time in search of fights. Even if DeCubas weren't in the way, Lara would probably look past Molina anyway. He's interested in furthering his career and making money, not "proving" anything against an overachieving fighter.

Ortiz is probably a little too small for Erislandy, even at a catchweight of 150. Victor is in Lara's crosshairs simply because he has a name. I think Landy would fight Pacquiao at a catchweight of 140 if given the chance. lol

Capo Loko
06-04-2012, 09:30 PM

4 cubans on BS? you're a noob! Just read every Canelo article, and the Cubans come out and start disrespect the new cash cow- Canelo- (reminds me of the hating ricans that would talk shyt about mexican fighters, but when they lost, they would disappear for a long time)
They [Cubanos] go running wild, and start talking smack about how Cash Cow is a "coward" cos' he won't fight this bum, Lara.
Let's not even go there with this "coward" crap... cause i don't need to remind you folks about Cantboa and Bam Bam.

Like I said... Lara got exposed! I know it, you know it, we know it, and Lara knows it... that's why he's ducking Molina for a rematch:boxing:
Molina is the new "Most Feared Man in Boxing"

Anywho, Canelo would spark Lara out in less than 2 minutes! Believe that, baby!!!!

Good day.

Bossy
06-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Vanes Martirosyan was saying that they are trying to sign a fight with him and Lara, he doesn't seem to want to take it, he's begging for Canelo on Twitter.

Luffy
06-05-2012, 03:43 AM
Vanes Martirosyan was saying that they are trying to sign a fight with him and Lara, he doesn't seem to want to take it, he's begging for Canelo on Twitter.

that **** just got real if its on twitter

El Angel
06-05-2012, 04:42 AM

They tried to make Lara and Vanes a little while back and Vanes *****ed out like he always does. Vanes doesn't deserve a fight with Canelo IMO. He got his chance with Angulo and backed out. Just fight the Saul Romans of the world and tweet Vanes, it's all your good at.

jtcs1981
06-05-2012, 11:56 AM

Why you even bother to follow that idiot of Vanes? He is another loudmouth. He wants an easy fight to get a title. He didnt want to face Angulo, nor Kirkland, and now he said no to Lara. He is a joke.

Bossy
06-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Why you even bother to follow that idiot of Vanes? He is another loudmouth. He wants an easy fight to get a title. He didnt want to face Angulo, nor Kirkland, and now he said no to Lara. He is a joke.

Oh I wanted to ask him a question and he only responds if you follow him. I have no interest in him whatsoever.

MalikKnucklez
06-05-2012, 02:56 PM
4 cubans on BS? you're a noob! Just read every Canelo article, and the Cubans come out and start disrespect the new cash cow- Canelo- (reminds me of the hating ricans that would talk shyt about mexican fighters, but when they lost, they would disappear for a long time)
They [Cubanos] go running wild, and start talking smack about how Cash Cow is a "coward" cos' he won't fight this bum, Lara.
Let's not even go there with this "coward" crap... cause i don't need to remind you folks about Cantboa and Bam Bam.

Like I said... Lara got exposed! I know it, you know it, we know it, and Lara knows it... that's why he's ducking Molina for a rematch:boxing:
Molina is the new "Most Feared Man in Boxing"

Anywho, Canelo would spark Lara out in less than 2 minutes! Believe that, baby!!!!

Good day.

Who went there with the "coward" s**t? LOL...again...only you did...who made this a Cuban/Mexico thing?....only you did....I simply stated name those Cubans...since ur a "vet" on the board...and u couldn't name one lol...

Stating Lara has a chance of beating Canelo doesn't imply any natonalism...I'ma Canelo fan...I'm not a Lara fan...and I believe Lara has a very good chance of beating Canelo..the same way any exceptional boxer-puncher with above average movement has a chance at beating canelo in my eyes...I just prefer watching Canelo cuz i enjoy the way he fights...

I just revisited two threads(NSB) within the last 2 months that including Lara & Canelo and only Americans were saying Lara was gonna beat Canelo...and even some Mexicans the same way some Mexicans on THIS thread think Canelo would lose to Lara LOL...why you not going at them?

You tryna turn this into a nationalistic thing and failing at it horribly lol...u got ya own little personal opinions & thoughts that reach beyond boxing and that's cool...just keep that bulls**t to yourself, keyboard warrior lol...we here to talk boxing. And LOL at u mentioning Gamboa and BamBam...that horse has been beat half to death without "the facts"...knowin well BamBam would've got sparked...the same way he got sparked against a C-level cuban in Abril who can't even beat the Cubans in the gyms down here in Miami LOL....it seems u still a little salty about that....

and go somewhere with that "styles makes fights" s**t...ANY developed style on a legitimate contender outside of "stand there and take punches to the head" can beat Brandon Rios lol.....>>>>

RIZO24
06-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Who went there with the "coward" s**t? LOL...again...only you did...who made this a Cuban/Mexico thing?....only you did....I simply stated name those Cubans...since ur a "vet" on the board...and u couldn't name one lol...

Stating Lara has a chance of beating Canelo doesn't imply any natonalism...I'ma Canelo fan...I'm not a Lara fan...and I believe Lara has a very good chance of beating Canelo..the same way any exceptional boxer-puncher with above average movement has a chance at beating canelo in my eyes...I just prefer watching Canelo cuz i enjoy the way he fights...

I just revisited two threads(NSB) within the last 2 months that including Lara & Canelo and only Americans were saying Lara was gonna beat Canelo...and even some Mexicans the same way some Mexicans on THIS thread think Canelo would lose to Lara LOL...why you not going at them?

You tryna turn this into a nationalistic thing and failing at it horribly lol...u got ya own little personal opinions & thoughts that reach beyond boxing and that's cool...just keep that bulls**t to yourself, keyboard warrior lol...we here to talk boxing. And LOL at u mentioning Gamboa and BamBam...that horse has been beat half to death without "the facts"...knowin well BamBam would've got sparked...the same way he got sparked against a C-level cuban in Abril who can't even beat the Cubans in the gyms down here in Miami LOL....it seems u still a little salty about that....

and go somewhere with that "styles makes fights" s**t...ANY developed style on a legitimate contender outside of "stand there and take punches to the head" can beat Brandon Rios lol.....>>>>

I agree that Lara has a chance of beating Canelo because of his superior boxing skills. Will that happen? I dont know becasue in boxing nothing is written in stone. While Lara is the superior in boxing, Canelo is young, strong and hungry. Canelo might just hurt Lara and finish him. Who knows, I guess we will know if and when it happens.
I do not agree with you about Bam Bam being beat by any above average boxer/contender. Peterson and Acosta were better boxers than Rios, yet Rios imposed himself on them and beat them to a pulp. Actually Peterson was favored to beat Rios and was highlighted before the fight as a young up and coming American prospect. IMO Abril had the right plan to beat Bam Bam, which was to box and clinch excessively and frustrate Bam Bam. I give Abril credit for doing what he did to out point Rios. Did I like the fight? Hell no! It was so boring to watch and I bet most people would not like to see Abril fight like that again. Just like Molina! Im Mexican and I hate the way Molina fights. Too much ****en clinching for my taste. I enjoy good boxing , ring movement, side to side and counter punching techniques but excessive clinching is illegal and should not be allowed Also take in consideration that Rios was weight drained and was being stupid by continuing to try and make the 135 limit that he outgrew awhile ago. We will soon see how Rios fights in his next upcoming fights and how good he does in his career but i am almost certain that he will not look as horrid as he did in his Abril fight, unless he fights Abril again. LMAO

El.Naranjito707
06-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Wouldnt mind seeing it but how bout the Molina rematch.