View Full Version : Bader vs Machida set for UFC on Fox 4.

kaps
05-01-2012, 03:08 AM
The UFC announced former light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida will battle Ryan Bader at “UFC on FOX 4.”

The organization is still trying to secure a venue to host the August 4th shindig, but the show is expected to take place somewhere in Southern California.

“The Dragon” was last seen unconscious on the Octagon canvas after getting choked out by reigning champ Jon Jones at UFC 140 in December.

Ryan Bader cruised to a unanimous decision victory over Quinton “Rampage” Jackson in his most recent foray to the cage.

5thRound.com (http://www.5thround.com/113823/lyoto-machida-battles-ryan-bader-at-ufc-on-fox-4/)

kaps
05-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Machida desperately needs a win. I don't think Bader will be able to figure out the mystery...

Snake...
05-01-2012, 03:16 AM
this will end bad for bader

SirChaelSonnen
05-01-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm surprised man, thought Lyoto would drop to 185 after the Bones fight, 'cos he got no chance of getting dat belt back again while Bones is about, n he's a greedy money grabbin little ****er still, asking for Anderson Silva money to fight Rashad on short notice last year...

MARKBNLV
05-01-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm surprised man, thought Lyoto would drop to 185 after the Bones fight, 'cos he got no chance of getting dat belt back again while Bones is about, n he's a greedy money grabbin little ****er still, asking for Anderson Silva money to fight Rashad on short notice last year...

Evans on short notice would be a tough fight,i understand where Lyoto was coing from.

SirChaelSonnen
05-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Evans on short notice would be a tough fight,i understand where Lyoto was coing from.

Tito took it though enit, on his usual money and 1 month after a fight wid Bader! Took him a few days to accept it but still....
I do also understand it would have been tough

$ LegenD $
05-02-2012, 11:36 AM
machida should win and should lead to rematches with shogun n evans....

Boxingtech718v2
05-02-2012, 12:09 PM
I hope Bader has been working on his standup or he's toast.

Willy Wanker
05-02-2012, 07:57 PM

Machida won't move to 185, as long as his best buddy Anderson is still the champion.

Anyways, I see Machida knocking the hell out of Bader after about 10 unsuccessful takedown attempts.

Anthony342
05-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Yeah it probably depends on if Bones ever moves up to heavyweight, then Machida might have a shot at winning the belt back or maybe he waits until Silva retires, then moves down to middleweight.

SirChaelSonnen
05-02-2012, 09:30 PM
And Bones ent gonna be moving up to Heavyweight anytime soon either, At Least another 3 fights to beat Tito's record is what Bones is after, He also wants to be the most dominant Champion in history, he ent gonna be dat if he goes up to Heavyweight...

N Yeah Lyoto won't go down to 185 until Silva leaves, n dat could be sooner than people think

Boxingtech718v2
05-03-2012, 04:43 PM
And Bones ent gonna be moving up to Heavyweight anytime soon either, At Least another 3 fights to beat Tito's record is what Bones is after, He also wants to be the most dominant Champion in history, he ent gonna be dat if he goes up to Heavyweight...

N Yeah Lyoto won't go down to 185 until Silva leaves, n dat could be sooner than people think

I don't think Jones moves up to HW soon he doesn't seem to have than HW KO power in his punches to me. Now that might be because he doesn't look like he's sitting down on his punches but I see him staying at LHW for at least 5-10 more fights.

kaps
05-03-2012, 09:53 PM
I don't think Jones moves up to HW soon he doesn't seem to have than HW KO power in his punches to me. Now that might be because he doesn't look like he's sitting down on his punches but I see him staying at LHW for at least 5-10 more fights.

And fighting who?

Boxingtech718v2
05-03-2012, 10:40 PM
And fighting who?

He's got Hendo, Gustafasson, King MO, Feijao, A. Silva, Mousasi, and some other up and comers. I can also see some HW dropping down to 205 to test the waters like Cormier or Nelson if they drop the beer guts.

kaps
05-03-2012, 10:46 PM
He's got Hendo, Gustafasson, King MO, Feijao, A. Silva, Mousasi, and some other up and comers. I can also see some HW dropping down to 205 to test the waters like Cormier or Nelson if they drop the beer guts.

Hendo is really the last challenge at 205. Gustafasson is still green, a couple fights away from a title shot. King Mo was cut by Zuffa, A. Silva is likely done after his next fight, the rest are Strikeforce fighters. After Hendo, it's time for him to move up. Dana don't want it though, he'll go on about how guys like Gustafasson are actual contenders so Bones looks great when he destroys them and the sheep will believe every second of it. After Jones is done with Hendo, there is literally nobody else at 205lbs I would even be remotely interested in watching him fight.....

Big BRICKS
05-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Hendo is really the last challenge at 205. Gustafasson is still green, a couple fights away from a title shot. King Mo was cut by Zuffa, A. Silva is likely done after his next fight, the rest are Strikeforce fighters. After Hendo, it's time for him to move up. Dana don't want it though, he'll go on about how guys like Gustafasson are actual contenders so Bones looks great when he destroys them and the sheep will believe every second of it. After Jones is done with Hendo, there is literally nobody else at 205lbs I would even be remotely interested in watching him fight.....

That being said, there are always rematches with a healthy Shogun or Machida, though it's not likely to happen, either one of those guys has the ability to stop Jones. Also can't forget the talks about Nelson making the move to LHW.

kaps
05-03-2012, 10:57 PM
That being said, there are always rematches with a healthy Shogun or Machida, though it's not likely to happen, either one of those guys has the ability to stop Jones. Also can't forget the talks about Nelson making the move to LHW.

Nelson still has a ways to go, he is getting in better shape but if he keeps getting pounded by heavyweights he might not make it to 205 before Parkinson's sets in....

SirChaelSonnen
05-03-2012, 11:17 PM

Everyone who steps in the octagon has the ability to stop their opponent bro. The likelihood of Machida or Shogun stopping Jones though is poor... Everyone said Evans could stop Jones, never even came close... and Sonnen has the ability to stop anyone like he did Stann, but how often has that happened in his career??
Jones is Next level compared to anyone at LHW... Only person now i'd give a chance to is Davis if he improves massively over the next couple years.
Another ting, Everyone seems to be putting their P on Bisping beating Boetsch, Me being one of dem, but i reckon Boetsch could definitely knock him out! Unlikely still, but the most likely ting is Bisping is up 2 rounds to 0 goin into the 3rd, same situation as the Boetsch vs Okami fight, I'd put money on bisping winnin, but not ****in much though

SirChaelSonnen
05-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Nelson still has a ways to go, he is getting in better shape but if he keeps getting pounded by heavyweights he might not make it to 205 before Parkinson's sets in....

Nelson don't like dieting man, period.
He might have lost a few pounds 'cos Rogan and Dana and everyone's been calling him fat, but dats all it is, a few pounds...
Dana's been on to him 4 Tiiiiime about losin weight n dropping to 205, but Nelson just don't listen, or he doesn't do nuttin about it at least. In the last press conference i saw him in (It was either 146 pre fight presser or after the Werdum fight) he said he is happy at HW n kinda brushed off the questions about droppin down... He ent interested man