View Full Version : Should Jones embrace the hate?

kaps
04-22-2012, 02:18 AM
I think Jones could become one of the biggest draws in MMA if he quit with the fake nice guy attitude and embraced the hate like Koscheck, Sonnen, and Rashad have done. People love to hate those guys, people just simply hate Jones. Which is sad because he is an exciting dominant fighter most of the time. (Hope tonight was an exception, not a glimpse of what's to follow.) If you're fighting Rashad Evans, and you get more boos than he does, its just a gold mine waiting to be uncovered. I say embrace the hate Jon, become the ultimate heel....

SirChaelSonnen
04-22-2012, 02:30 AM
I think Jones could become one of the biggest draws in MMA if he quit with the fake nice guy attitude and embraced the hate like Koscheck, Sonnen, and Rashad have done. People love to hate those guys, people just simply hate Jones. Which is sad because he is an exciting dominant fighter most of the time. (Hope tonight was an exception, not a glimpse of what's to follow.) If you're fighting Rashad Evans, and you get more boos than he does, its just a gold mine waiting to be uncovered. I say embrace the hate Jon, become the ultimate heel....

I reckon he is embracing it already, like he has said, his fans love him n his non fans hate him, n it is what it is...
I don't reckon he is fake either, i think like he said again, 'Bones' Jones is a different animal to Jon Jones, Jones the fighter is becoming ****y and super confident in his ability, but Jon Jones is still the same geezer really, just much more rich.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uYCTmyDyruA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's his brother Arthur dats the muppet!!

Fcuk the haters anyway, i'm sure he don't care dat much as he's got more fans than haters probably. Koscheck said on his Twitter not long ago dat everyones dickheads to him on twitter n barrages him wid hate mail, but they all suck his d1ck when they see him in the street...

G A M E
04-22-2012, 02:30 AM
he might aswell... since i dont think anyone will be able to get in his 84inch reach at 205lbs.

the more heat he gets.. Money Mayweather anyone?

kaps
04-22-2012, 02:36 AM
he might aswell... since i dont think anyone will be able to get in his 84inch reach at 205lbs.

the more heat he gets.. Money Mayweather anyone?

That's what I'm sayin, he keeps talking about wanting to be so much like Ali, but Ali was hated in his hay day, more hate more money....

kaps
04-22-2012, 02:38 AM
I reckon he is embracing it already, like he has said, his fans love him n his non fans hate him, n it is what it is...
I don't reckon he is fake either, i think like he said again, 'Bones' Jones is a different animal to Jon Jones, Jones the fighter is becoming ****y and super confident in his ability, but Jon Jones is still the same geezer really, just much more rich.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uYCTmyDyruA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's his brother Arthur dats the muppet!!

Fcuk the haters anyway, i'm sure he don't care dat much as he's got more fans than haters probably. Koscheck said on his Twitter not long ago dat everyones dickheads to him on twitter n barrages him wid hate mail, but they all suck his d1ck when they see him in the street...

Jones does not have more fans than Haters, was your computer on Mute tonight? Jones fans love him and everyone else just hates him, make them hate you more Jon, give up the nice guy act and be a ****y sonova*****. In reality, I'd probably like him more if he where more honest about who he is......

SirChaelSonnen
04-22-2012, 02:51 AM
Jones does not have more fans than Haters, was your computer on Mute tonight? Jones fans love him and everyone else just hates him, make them hate you more Jon, give up the nice guy act and be a ****y sonova*****. In reality, I'd probably like him more if he where more honest about who he is......

I heard bare booing but dat was for the fight bro, couldn't all be for Jones could it...
Same wid Mayweather, his fans r fools man, he got as many fans as he has haters, but Mayweather is just a pr1ck and always has been! I reckon he's on steroids as well!! he knows to much about them, his family are all drug dealers and how can he accuse Khan of taking steroids when he is skinny as a rat? He knows to much about them man i swear down.

kaps
04-22-2012, 02:58 AM
Re watch the weigh ins, entrances, and post fight interviews. He was booed more than Rashad!

Virgil Caine
04-22-2012, 05:59 AM
He could attempt to learn from Floyd Mayweather.

But I think he's too big of a douche.

Virgil Caine
04-22-2012, 06:00 AM
He's also flawed as can be, if a guy who is a good striker comes a long Jones will lose. Machida came fairly close. Hendo may well sop him. There's no one else on the horizon now, so he may rule for a while, but his striking sucks.

Virgil Caine
04-22-2012, 06:01 AM
No power, just paddy cake shots. Bad fundamentals, like leaving the left hand low and lazy jabs. Throwing wild shots with no purpose. Etc.

BKM-2010
04-22-2012, 08:53 AM
I don't think he wants anymore pressure than he already has(which is immense at this point).

Boxingtech718v2
04-22-2012, 09:32 AM

He could but then it could interfere with his sponsorship money. Companies like Nike, Coca Cola etc want smiling faces, not snarling baddies.

*Boss*
04-22-2012, 11:39 AM
He's also flawed as can be, if a guy who is a good striker comes a long Jones will lose. Machida came fairly close. Hendo may well sop him. There's no one else on the horizon now, so he may rule for a while, but his striking sucks.

So because Machida landed a few punches he came close of winning ??

*Boss*
04-22-2012, 11:42 AM

but still dominating everyone.

Virgil Caine
04-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Fanboys aren't worth talking to.

Read my comments for what they are.

If you have anything substantive feel free to post.

BEDROOM BULLY
04-22-2012, 01:10 PM

What fight did u watch were machida came fairly close to beating jones? Shading a fairly uneventful first round? If anything jones worked him out and put it on him in the second.

Virgil Caine
04-22-2012, 01:35 PM
What fight did u watch were machida came fairly close to beating jones? Shading a fairly uneventful first round? If anything jones worked him out and put it on him in the second.
I am aware that almost everyone on any MMA forum is desperately trying to suck Jones' ****.

I'm sorry, as I know it makes me a dick for saying that, but it's more or less true.

Not that you fit in that category.

But MMA fans are all idiots. It's almost pointless to talk on an MMA forum.

Let me just ask you, who do you rank in the top ten for heavyweights? A serious question, seeking a serious answer. And it isn't irrelevant, just asking.

Machida did have Jones in trouble though. What fight were you watching?

Jones overwhelmed him, great for him. Jones is probably the best LHW in the world. But he has flaws (as all fighters do, his are quite obvious though).

- v e t -
04-22-2012, 01:43 PM
why should he have to embrace anything? im sure dana will **** up the course of whatever is in play anyway...

jones, be yourself and keep fighting, that is all

Boxingtech718v2
04-22-2012, 01:45 PM

He is flawed and still very raw. He hasn't put it together yet where his offense looks smooth and fluid yet. He still looks like a kid that just spams a bunch of moves. His pure athleticism and physical traits allow him to get away with things others couldn't. But he also improves every fight and every training session.
The fact that he is the champ smashing on proven guys with holes in his game is impressive.

- v e t -
04-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Fanboys aren't worth talking to.

Read my comments for what they are.

If you have anything substantive feel free to post.

the only person in this thread sounding like a fanboy is you....

BEDROOM BULLY
04-22-2012, 02:36 PM
I am aware that almost everyone on any MMA forum is desperately trying to suck Jones' ****.

I'm sorry, as I know it makes me a dick for saying that, but it's more or less true.

Not that you fit in that category.

But MMA fans are all idiots. It's almost pointless to talk on an MMA forum.

Let me just ask you, who do you rank in the top ten for heavyweights? A serious question, seeking a serious answer. And it isn't irrelevant, just asking.

Machida did have Jones in trouble though. What fight were you watching?

Jones overwhelmed him, great for him. Jones is probably the best LHW in the world. But he has flaws (as all fighters do, his are quite obvious though).

I don't think he had him in serious trouble.. I'd like to point out that I am not a jones fan.. Wanted rashad to win. Jones is just reaching mayerather status in that when he loses a round it's a shock

His reach and awkwardness is what makes his striking so dangerous.. Fundamentally he may not be that great.

Jds
Cain
Barnett
Mir
Cormier
Kharintiv
Big foot
Carwin
Fedor

The division is god dam weak lol apart from the first 4 or 5 I struggled.. What's your point? He'd struggle to beat any of them? At this stage I'd agree maybe he could beat fedor/Cormier

kaps
04-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Machida won the first round against him....

BEDROOM BULLY
04-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Machida won the first round against him....

I don't see anyone debating this???

My point was he shaded it and jones didn't look in trouble

I even watched it again the other day after joneses : "I dominated the first round" comments

SirChaelSonnen
04-22-2012, 05:47 PM
My Top Ten (12) is ;

JDS
Overeem
Velasquez
Werdum
Hunt
Cormier
Barnett
Carwin
Browne
Fedor
Mir
Russow

Jay Volcano
04-23-2012, 10:32 AM
I want him to stop with all this positivity and seeking God's love nonsense. It's really childish stuff and it makes him look brainless. If embracing the hate it's the answer then so be it!