View Full Version : Jon Jones has what it takes to become a 2 div Champ and the greatest of all time

Mohammedini
04-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Jon Jones is the complete package.
This guy has established himself as the greatest LHW ever already.
Who has a better resume in LHW?
Who?
The way he has destroyed and dominated every opponent is unreal.

I'm telling you right now,
If Jon Jones chin can handle it he will no doubt be future HW champ.

3-4 more defenses of the LHw belt than Hw...

Dan Henderson, Alexander Gustafsson and maybe a rematch with one of his victims...

Check_hooks
04-22-2012, 12:50 AM
He looked good tonight, no doubt about it

Joeyzagz
04-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Dan Henderson beat frickin FEDOR Emaleinenko

No light heavyweight is even close to him in raw power or striking.

BKM-2010
04-22-2012, 12:55 AM
The guy is freaking amazing. outclassing so many great fighters in such a short period of time, and he still has Hendo left for another win over a legend. I just hope he doesn't burn out quickly but at the rate he's going(taking no damage) he has a very bright future.

F l i c k e r
04-22-2012, 12:57 AM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2585760/138_Alistair_Overeem_large.jpg

I genuinely laugh at that **** when thinking about this guy. :rofl:

WARQUEZ
04-22-2012, 12:59 AM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2585760/138_Alistair_Overeem_large.jpg

Death by Uberknee. :rofl:

-Swizzy-
04-22-2012, 01:08 AM
As dominant as Jones is at LHW, I honestly don't see him doing the same things at HW. He's not gonna get away with those shinanigans with the big guys. I also don't think he has the strength or punching power to finish anyone at HW. If he wins, it'll only be by deicision.

kaps
04-22-2012, 01:13 AM
We'll see if he's still got the fire when fighting dudes his own size...

Boxingtech718v2
04-22-2012, 01:13 AM
Jones will have to roid up like Reem to move to HW. Without steroids he would have to sit out at least six months to bulk up to HW and feel comfortable.

Elie
04-22-2012, 01:14 AM
At heavyweight he won't have the ridiculous size advantage.

kaps
04-22-2012, 01:16 AM
He walks at 230 or 240 now. It's not a stretch, but like Elie said, he wont have that size advantage...

Boxingtech718v2
04-22-2012, 01:20 AM
He walks at 230 or 240 now. It's not a stretch, but like Elie said, he wont have that size advantage...

Size doesn't mean much, that one scrub in Rashad's camp what's his face. The black guy who used to fight at WW but now fight at MW. He walks around at 200 plus but can't dominate. If Jones can maintain speed, stamina, and add power he should be a top contender at HW.

kaps
04-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Size doesn't mean much, that one scrub in Rashad's camp what's his face. The black guy who used to fight at WW but now fight at MW. He walks around at 200 plus but can't dominate. If Jones can maintain speed, stamina, and add power he should be a top contender at HW.

I think he could do well, but I don't know if he can handle the top strikers in the HW division. Remember he'll be fighting good strikers with excellent wrestling that he doesn't have a 10 inch reach advantage over....

Boxingtech718v2
04-22-2012, 01:28 AM
I think he could do well, but I don't know if he can handle the top strikers in the HW division. Remember he'll be fighting good strikers with excellent wrestling that he doesn't have a 10 inch reach advantage over....

It's a good thing his base is wrestling then. He can always rely on that at the higher weights and he is good at submissions.

F l i c k e r
04-22-2012, 01:29 AM
Jon Jones
6'3"
205 lbs (230-240 natural)
86.5 in reach.

Alistair Overeem
6'5"
265 lbs
81.5 in reach

Shane Carwin
6.9"
254 lbs
80 in reach

Junior Dos Santos
6'4"
240 lbs
77 in reach

What made him so special at 205. Makes him look about average at HW and trust, he won't keep those attributes if he packs on muscle to fit in the division.

kaps
04-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Jon Jones
6'3"
205 lbs (230-240 natural)
86.5 in reach.

Alistair Overeem
6'5"
265 lbs
81.5 in reach

Shane Carwin
6.9"
254 lbs
80 in reach

Junior Dos Santos
6'4"
240 lbs
77 in reach

What made him so special at 205. Makes him look about average at HW and trust, he won't keep those attributes if he packs on muscle to fit in the division.

Shane would be a good first fight for him in the HW division if he decided to move up. Good wrestler with powerful fists. He'd have to run and gun all night...

F l i c k e r
04-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Shane would be a good first fight for him in the HW division if he decided to move up. Good wrestler with powerful fists. He'd have to run and gun all night...

Definitely. He's an ectomorph. If he is that skinny and his natural weight is about 230. (there is a video of him doing the dougie with Faber and he was about natural size). Then you look at those dudes. I don't think he'd have many advantages over them.

I can't imagine him stopping one of their takedowns. Let alone getting hit with those 5xl fists. At worse I would expect them to just bum rush takedown him. :dunno:

Virgil Caine
04-22-2012, 06:52 AM
Jon Jones is the complete package.
This guy has established himself as the greatest LHW ever already.
Who has a better resume in LHW?
Who?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who?

This is the greatest LHW of all time.
http://vigilantemma.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/wand2.jpg

Who else?

This guy is also well above Jones.
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Mauricio-Shogun-Rua1.jpg

Jones has a ways to go, he may not even get past Henderson. If he does, not a lot of challengers on the horizon so he could reign for a while.

Virgil Caine
04-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Jones is arguably behind Henderson (the most decorated MMA fighter of all time) and Rampage as well. And Liddell, for that matter.

Mohammedini
04-22-2012, 09:53 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who?

This is the greatest LHW of all time.
http://vigilantemma.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/wand2.jpg

Who else?

This guy is also well above Jones.
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Mauricio-Shogun-Rua1.jpg

Jones has a ways to go, he may not even get past Henderson. If he does, not a lot of challengers on the horizon so he could reign for a while.
Wanderlei??
Are you fuc'king kidding me?
His whole pride career was a bumfest, His best wins was against Rampage, He lost to Arona and never faced Shogun, ducked guys in pride.
You got to be honestly stupid or completely blinded by hate to even put Wanderlei close to Jon Jones achievements.

Shogun?
You know how many bums he fought in Pride?

Let compare his best win to Jon Jones....
Shogun's best wins (Reem was a bum at LHW so those wins don't rank high):
Arona,

Rampage (rib injury and a guy who barely trained for the fight showing up just for the paycheck)

Lil Nog, a fight that was extremely close and some felt he lost.

Lyoto Machida, He did win the first fight and get robbed and KO'd Lyoto in the rematch, I'll give him props.

Now Jon Jones:

Shogun, In a slaughter, absolute destruction! Jones humiliated shogun, made him tap to strikes after Herb Dean pulled Jones off him. Shogun didn't win a second of that fight.(I guess this is the source to your butt hurtness)

Machida, dropped him and Put him to sleep

Rampage: He dominated a highly motivated Rampage and subbed him, something only Sakuraba had done before

Rashad Evans, utterly dominating the best guy in the div by far, toying with him, playing with him.

.........http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvm437bgp71r75coao1_500.gif

Big BRICKS
04-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Wanderlei is still the 205 GOAT in my eyes, his streak in Pride when it was the top organization is untouchable.

As far as Jones goes, with his frame as he gets older it will be tougher and tougher to make 205lbs, he's massive for the division. When he starts swinging in a division where nearly everyone is his size or bigger, he'll look a lot more human. I could see Jones getting knocked out of his moccasins by quite a few heavyweights.

Mohammedini
04-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Jones is arguably behind Henderson (the most decorated MMA fighter of all time) and Rampage as well. And Liddell, for that matter.
Rampage???????????
HAHAHAHAHAHA
He got destroyed by Wanderei twice, Shogun, Lost to Ninja Rua(ninja got robbed).
He's best career wins was against Chuck Liddel(twice) and Dan henderson, which I have to give him props for but his achievements don't come close to Jon Jones.

Jon jones has defended the belt 3 times, Rampage defended it once...

Jon Jones Championship reign takes a big crap on Chucks, sorry to say that but it does.

Chuck defended the belt 4 times against Babalu, Jeremy Horn, Tito Ortiz Rubber match with Randy.
Randy was already on his way out, not to mention he was already Glassjawed by the time they had the rubber match.

Anyone who dispute that Jones title defenses have been against better fighters than what Chuck defended against are blind haters.

Dan henderson?
Sure he is more accomplished that is true...
It won't take much for Jones to surpass Henderson.
Infact I think Jones best wins trumps Dan Henderson's, It's just that Henderson have had so many more fights.

Boxingtech718v2
04-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Rampage???????????
HAHAHAHAHAHA
He got destroyed by Wanderei twice, Shogun, Lost to Ninja Rua(ninja got robbed).
He's best career wins was against Chuck Liddel(twice) and Dan henderson, which I have to give him props for but his achievements don't come close to Jon Jones.

Jon jones has defended the belt 3 times, Rampage defended it once...

Jon Jones Championship reign takes a big crap on Chucks, sorry to say that but it does.

Chuck defended the belt 4 times against Babalu, Jeremy Horn, Tito Ortiz Rubber match with Randy.
Randy was already on his way out, not to mention he was already Glassjawed by the time they had the rubber match.

Anyone who dispute that Jones title defenses have been against better fighters than what Chuck defended against are blind haters.

Dan henderson?
Sure he is more accomplished that is true...
It won't take much for Jones to surpass Henderson.
Infact I think Jones best wins trumps Dan Henderson's, It's just that Henderson have had so many more fights.

The hate for Jones is strong.
I'd personally like to see Jones face Hendo, Gustafasson, King Mo, Fedor, in that order.

Mohammedini
04-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Wanderlei is still the 205 GOAT in my eyes, his streak in Pride when it was the top organization is untouchable.

As far as Jones goes, with his frame as he gets older it will be tougher and tougher to make 205lbs, he's massive for the division. When he starts swinging in a division where nearly everyone is his size or bigger, he'll look a lot more human. I could see Jones getting knocked out of his moccasins by quite a few heavyweights.
Streak? streak of bums!
He was protected by Pride, they kept Lil Nog from fighting him, they kept Arona waiting for years.
Shogun would, should and could have beat pride Wanderlei with ease but they never fought do to friendship.
Wanderlei had a couple of good wins littered over his streak of bums.
Sorry, but it's the truth

Mohammedini
04-22-2012, 10:17 AM
You assume Jones would stay the same size.
Jones could easily put on mass and go up to 250.
Right now he is kept from doing so due to him needing to make the 205 limit.

I see him growing into his lenghty frame.
The guy is already strong as fuc'k, he is literally throwing people around with ease.

As i said on my OP, IF Jones has a good chin he could take the HW title.
Lets not forget how young jones is, his skills are improving very fast.

I believe Jones let Rashad off the hook through out the fight.
He could ahve finished it many times through out fight but he let Rashad off.
He carried Rashad.

Mohammedini
04-22-2012, 10:21 AM

You mean a bum who cheated his way to Elite lvl?
Reems best win in mma?
What, Lesner?

Let Jones take Reem juice and we'll see how well Reem does.

Too Bad Overroid failed his drug test, JDS would have put Reem In REM sleep

Ether
04-22-2012, 10:34 AM
I don't like Jones but I said it long ago, he's gonna clean out LHW and not lose til he moves up.

As for him vs Hendo, it's either gonna be a super quick win for Jones or a super quick win for Hendo.

Virgil Caine
04-22-2012, 10:50 AM
The hate for Jones is strong.
I'd personally like to see Jones face Hendo, Gustafasson, King Mo, Fedor, in that order.

No one hates Jones.

Some people just prefer things be placed in proper perspective.

MMA isn't a 2 year old sport, unlike the length that most fanboys have been following it.

Jones could become a top 1 or 2 or 3 LHW of all time, but he is certainly not there yet.

New England
04-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Jones will have to roid up like Reem to move to HW. Without steroids he would have to sit out at least six months to bulk up to HW and feel comfortable.

sit out?

no way

fight some no hopers?
sure. for at least a year

i could see him getting completely stretched by guys he would defeat easily if he's allowed to grow

the guy has a big frame. he can fill out but it's going ot take a while

BKM-2010
04-22-2012, 11:23 AM
What Jones lacks in longetivity he makes up for it with his great resume with no can wins and no losses/fights where he was smashed. One guy has 5 dominating wins in a row almost all finishes against top level comp, with atleast 2 of those being legends and the other 2 are also former champions..comparing that record with a guy who has a great win or two like that but has been fighting for years and built up a somewhat consistent record..It's hard to choose.