View Full Version : [HOLY S**T!] Dana White to fire Anderson Silva if he doesn't move fight to Vegas

WARQUEZ
04-21-2012, 03:36 AM
This is all from @FrontRowBrian and his sources are almost always legit.

"Major story breaking in Atlanta. Anderson Silva has told Dana White he NOT fight Chael Sonnen unless it's in Brazil."

"UFC147 presser in Rio on 4 Tues. Anderson will be present. Dana will announce date change to Vegas. Dana will fire AS if he declines fight"

"Should Anderson be fired, Sonnen v. @Bisping II is the back up plan for July 7 for the belt"

"Uncle Dana is beyond frustrated with Anderson. Let's see if he can convince Anderson to fight in Vegas. Dana playing hardball"

ƒallenloki
04-21-2012, 03:43 AM
definitely seems like uncle fester/dana has been losing it lately

kaps
04-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Dana White ***8207; @danawhite

Retweet
Favorite
ˇ Open

And whatever jackass said Anderson silva would be stripped of his title is a liar. He is fighting Chael and there has been no issue at all!!

https://twitter.com/#!/danawhite

kaps
04-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Dana White ***8207; @danawhite

Retweet
Favorite
ˇ Open

And whatever jackass said Anderson silva would be stripped of his title is a liar. He is fighting Chael and there has been no issue at all!!

https://twitter.com/#!/danawhite

F l i c k e r
04-21-2012, 01:41 PM

"Major story breaking in Atlanta. Anderson Silva has told Dana White he NOT fight Chael Sonnen unless it's in Brazil."

"UFC147 presser in Rio on 4 Tues. Anderson will be present. Dana will announce date change to Vegas. Dana will fire AS if he declines fight"

"Should Anderson be fired, Sonnen v. @Bisping II is the back up plan for July 7 for the belt"

"Uncle Dana is beyond frustrated with Anderson. Let's see if he can convince Anderson to fight in Vegas. Dana playing hardball"

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1312372233754.gif

Eff Pandas
04-21-2012, 02:08 PM
That makes sense. Fire the best fighter in the sport :crazy:

I think FRB has some less then solid sources sometimes or has some troll tendencies in him.

-Swizzy-
04-21-2012, 02:35 PM

wtf is this? they hype up a stadium fight between Sonnen and Silva for months and now they just wanna cancel that ****? Obviously Silva is gonna be mentally shocked from that. You can't just change your mindset on a dime.

I'm guessing Dana is looking out for Sonnen's saftey but lets be real, Sonnen deserves what he gets cuz he's been mouthing off like a ***** about Brazil. Chael was even given a chance to back out of the hostility he was gonna get in Brazil, and all he did was add on to it during the Q&A.

Why cancel the fight because of that? If anything, Sonnen should be the one replaced even if that is the fight everyone wants to see.

Clegg
04-21-2012, 03:24 PM
No idea if it's true or not, but I was reading a few days ago that the event would've happened around the same time as a major UN meeting in the city, which would've affected travel and hotel arrangements.

Someone was saying that the UN may not be keen on having Rio put on a major cage fighting event while they're in town talking endlessly about world peace and non-violence and so maybe someone put pressure on some influential Brazilian politicians or something.

Even if all of that is true though I don't see why they wouldn't just postpone it by a week or two.

McAlister
04-21-2012, 03:33 PM
**** that you amped up a fight in brazil, in this stadium... now u wanna just change it to vegas, get outta here....

Eff Pandas
04-21-2012, 04:10 PM
No idea if it's true or not, but I was reading a few days ago that the event would've happened around the same time as a major UN meeting in the city, which would've affected travel and hotel arrangements.

Someone was saying that the UN may not be keen on having Rio put on a major cage fighting event while they're in town talking endlessly about world peace and non-violence and so maybe someone put pressure on some influential Brazilian politicians or something.

Even if all of that is true though I don't see why they wouldn't just postpone it by a week or two.

This is what I've seen also about the UN stuff.

I'm assuming booking a giant ass stadium like this one could be an issue even for the UFC. I'd assume its in much demand + there is the normal issues with the UFC making dates they need to make too so its probably not easy just to flip it to a week earlier or later.

dough401
04-21-2012, 05:36 PM
I highly doubt that Anderson get fired for anything but as for this fight. I dont think for all the reason staed Chael should be fighting down there granted its his own fault 100% without a doubt and with them fighting there it reduces Chael chance to win this could be a WAR if it was in Vegas ah well just gotta wait and see.

ƒallenloki
04-21-2012, 06:34 PM
I doubt Anderson would care. He's tried retiring already.

Umm... also, since when did "Dana White says" mean anything?

NearHypnos
04-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Silva probably stands a lot to lose in endorsements, etc if it's not in Brazil as well (like it was supposedly going to be).

Then there's also the fact that he's been doing work for years and I think he'd like to be tossed a bone every once in a while. Let's not act like he hasn't been disrespected as a champion at times...fighting in his challenger's home towns at times -cough-RichFranklin-Cough-

Give that guy a break. He's fighting a guy who's on that same trt as we assume Overeem is on, yet nobody seems to be mentioning that...yet Overeem gets crucified for that ish and nobody says things about Hendo or Sonnen. :|

The UFC and Dana to a point has never really loved Silva imo. That mofo plays favorites...one of the things I don't like is how the politics work and it's still such a "young" sport if you can call it young.

Mars Volta
04-21-2012, 07:02 PM
I hope Anderson just fights in vegas and wins

chiguy91
04-21-2012, 07:05 PM
just saw this last night, chael seems to be okay with fighting in brazil. i have no clue why they would suddenly move it, unless that UN thing does affect it.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/otDKEJkBb5w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/otDKEJkBb5w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Mars Volta
04-21-2012, 07:08 PM
just saw this last night, chael seems to be okay with fighting in brazil. i have no clue why they would suddenly move it, unless that UN thing does affect it.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/otDKEJkBb5w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/otDKEJkBb5w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

that was awful.......most xenophobic crowd i've seen yet

NearHypnos
04-21-2012, 07:09 PM

They should still appease Silva though. Dude's been nothing but a good sport about this and this is all he seems to be asking for.. It'd be nice for him to fight out here of course, especially for people who want to go see him. But it would clearly mean more to him and his people out in Brazil to have him there against Chael, who's like his arch nemesis..even though he already beat him lol

BKM-2010
04-21-2012, 07:31 PM
I think it's a shame that it won't be held in Brasil and I feel sorry for Anderson. I truly believed that his plan was to destroy Sonnen in Brasil and retire right there. Would be the perfect ending going 15-0 with 10 title defenses and 7 year domination. He's had to put up with a lot, and has only been able to fight in his own country 1 time.

I also suspect that Sonnen has something to do with this as well. As we all know he's a liar, and I can easily picture him going on his knees for Dana begging him not to fight in Rio. Absolutely nothing he says should be taken seriously. I think he's scared of the whole idea.

Ether
04-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Personally think Silva is gonna destroy Sonnen with ease in the rematch, first round KO.

dough401
04-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Personally think Silva is gonna destroy Sonnen with ease in the rematch, first round KO.

Really? even tho I dont see Sonnen winning in Brazil and if he does he just might get killed lol but I"d be willing to bet 1billion he doesnt get KO'd in the first bruh come come on the guy is tough as hell.

Russian Crushin
04-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Why does he wanna move it to vegas?