View Full Version : RASHEED EVANS what's the deal?

Dudley
04-09-2012, 05:24 PM
I've been watching this guy for a few years now. And with the Fight with Jones around the corner. I just don't get his attitude.

Honestly, Anyone in Jones place would do the same thing, meaning take the fight for the championship and fight all comers. This happenes in boxing all the time! And yet Rasheed makes a huuuuuuuuuuge deal about it. And would EVEN respect Jones, which i also don't know how or why there is so much dislike of him.

Dude goes out 200% and delivers. I have never seen a bad Jones fight. Have you?

Rasheed with the build up to all of his fights sounds whiny. It's like against any black fighter he just hates on so hardcore. I know that sounds bad but look at it. Rampage is an "Uncle tom" wtf?!! Then you Have Davis who he was going to molest ftw!?!? And now Jones who is a faker and doesn't respect him as a person!?!?!

FYI Jones is 24 don't act like a **** off and koes dudes and makes for action fights!

What the **** is with this boner anyways. Rasheed Evans, to me, needs to check his ****. Thoughts opinions? Am i wrong? Shoot!

ps and dude should NOT have the moniker suga what like sugar ray robinson? or even Shane mosley? Rasheed is no where near as accomplished as those fighters. Suga please son, pinch your nipples someplace else.

Ether
04-09-2012, 05:35 PM
They don't like each other, they used to train together. they have a history and there's more to it than what you see.

Unknown Champ
04-09-2012, 05:39 PM
I've been watching this guy for a few years now. And with the Fight with Jones around the corner. I just don't get his attitude.

Honestly, Anyone in Jones place would do the same thing, meaning take the fight for the championship and fight all comers. This happenes in boxing all the time! And yet Rasheed makes a huuuuuuuuuuge deal about it. And would EVEN respect Jones, which i also don't know how or why there is so much dislike of him.

Rasheed with the build up to all of his fights sounds whiny. It's like against any black fighter he just hates on so hardcore. I know that sounds bad but look at it. Rampage is an "Uncle tom" wtf?!! Then you Have Davis who he was going to molest ftw!?!? And now Jones who is a faker and doesn't respect him as a person!?!?!

FYI Jones is 24 don't act like a **** off and koes dudes and makes for action fights!

What the **** is with this boner anyways. Rasheed Evans, to me, needs to check his ****. Thoughts opinions? Am i wrong? Shoot!

ps and dude should NOT have the moniker suga what like sugar ray robinson? or even Shane mosley? Rasheed is no where near as accomplished as those fighters. Suga please son, pinch your nipples someplace else.

Rasheed Evans??? Really?? It's Rashad Evans. This generation of kids is so utterly dumb it is mind numbing. :stupid:

Dudley
04-09-2012, 05:40 PM
They don't like each other, they used to train together. they have a history and there's more to it than what you see.

Fair enough.

I still think he needs to be allot more respectful in general dude is just so hateful. and honestly he's not THAT good to be saying and acting the way that he does. Dudes is fool.

Dudley
04-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Rasheed Evans??? Really?? It's Rashad Evans. This generation of kids is so utterly dumb it is mind numbing. :stupid:

Alright my bad.

But intelligence is defines by how you think not what you know. Memorizing **** and spewing it off like a parrot isn't intelligence.

I didn't Know RARA was your boy.

Unknown Champ
04-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Alright my bad.

But intelligence is defines by how you think not what you know. Memorizing **** and spewing it off like a parrot isn't intelligence.

I didn't Know RARA was your boy.

Alright maybe I came off like a prick, so my bad.

Let's get passed that.

Rashad is always hatin on Jones just like most mma fans, and I can't figure out why?? So in a sense I agree with you.

Big BRICKS
04-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Fair enough.

I still think he needs to be allot more respectful in general dude is just so hateful. and honestly he's not THAT good to be saying and acting the way that he does. Dudes is fool.

The dude has been fighting in the UFC for most of his career, not to mention that almost all of his fights are against either title holders or contenders. Rashad is an ATG at 205.

hayZ
04-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Basically, Rashad Evans trained at Greg Jacksons gym and Greg wanted to bring Jon Jones in who was unknown to all but Greg who saw potential in him, Rashad said no because he didn't want another LHW in the gym because it would cause problems. Greg kept pushin it on him, so Rashad eventually said ok and started training with Jon Jones quite a bit. Rashad got injured when he was training to fight Shogun Rua for the LHW Title and Jon Jones took his spot to fight for it, he was asked would you fight Rashad? Jon Jones said Yeah I would if we had to, we're both professionals and then said if Dana White says it happens, it has to happen.

So thats where Rashad didn't like him from, because he went on camera and indirectly said he would be up for fighting him, whereas Rashad saw him as a brother who he would never fight no matter what. Greg Jackson sided with Jon Jones, though he says he didn't side with anyone, Rashad says he did because he didn't tell him to leave basically or he didn't back up Rashad.

Virgil Caine
04-10-2012, 12:03 AM
The dude has been fighting in the UFC for most of his career, not to mention that almost all of his fights are against either title holders or contenders. Rashad is an ATG at 205.

Woh, slow down buddy.

But he is a very good fighter.

I don't see him beating Jones. Of course, styles make fights and you just never know, he could have the right style. I sort of doubt it though. But his superior wrestling experience and more orthodox striking just might bode well.

shadeyfizzle
04-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Woh, slow down buddy.

But he is a very good fighter.

I don't see him beating Jones. Of course, styles make fights and you just never know, he could have the right style. I sort of doubt it though. But his superior wrestling experience and more orthodox striking just might bode well.

Ill bet you 10mil evans beats jones.

For a kid of his calibre jones has massive conditioning issues that someone familiar with his style and can survive his explosiveness can exploit.

Virgil Caine
04-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Ill bet you 10mil evans beats jones.

For a kid of his calibre jones has massive conditioning issues that someone familiar with his style and can survive his explosiveness can exploit.
I'm not going to be shocked at all if Evans wins, but sure I guess so.

I'll still be backing Evans. I just can't stand Jone's fake ass persona;)

Dudley
04-10-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm not going to be shocked at all if Evans wins, but sure I guess so.

I'll still be backing Evans. I just can't stand Jone's fake ass persona;)

I know your joking i think but like... how is it so fake? I mean people try stuff all the time to be successful the last place people try is to change themselves. And i think if someone is trying to do things deliberately differently to get something new out of life why knock it?

To me i think Evans is jealous. The dynamic is Evans talks **** about jones jones talks good about himself and what he wants to accomplish. Evans doesn't say anything about himself, he only concentrates on trying to put someone else down and has a history of it doing it to fighters of colour. fact.

I just think, if your in the fight game, you fight. Everyone would be complaining if they didn't. And they are not brothers Evans doesn't pay Jones's bills or cares for his family's well being.

Evans needs to stop being a punk a.ss and just go out and fight. Let the best person win. If he wins he will have to go threw Heaven and Hell with Rua, Machida again and Jones just walked threw those dudes. In the worst way! What makes him think he will do any better, the fact he sparred with 'em if Evans thinks jones has weaknesses. Jones knows Evans has weaknesses. I think it will just make for a good fight. I hope Evans get's humbled cause he talks stupid shi.t.

Virgil Caine
04-10-2012, 12:29 PM
^^

What gives you the idea I'm joking?

-Swizzy-
04-10-2012, 12:36 PM
what happened is this...

Rashad recognized Jones as the next big thing in MMA. So he tried to destroy him before he got big. He tried to get him out of Greg Jackson early on so he could go train somewhere else with a lesser training center. But Jackson refused to cut Jones.

So then Rashad befriends Jones. Rashad makes a pact with Jones to never fight each other. This is when Rashad was champ and up until the Shogun fight when Rashad was still higher up on the ladder.

But then Rashad got injured and replaced by Jones for the Shogun fight. Jones beat Shogun and won the title. And thats where Rashad changed his tune. He didn't want anything to do with that pact anymore because that would mean he wouldn't get a title shot, so instead of feeling guilty about it, he tried to make Jones out to be the bad guy. Saying that Jones is the one who betrayed him even though Jones never called him out or anything.

Rashad is the real back-stabber and liar.

Marchegiano
04-10-2012, 02:05 PM
JJ's a great fighter, but he's such a punk ass in the press I'd love to see him get KTFO. Or be caught smoking a dirty blunt.

Dudley
04-10-2012, 11:40 PM
what happened is this...

Rashad recognized Jones as the next big thing in MMA. So he tried to destroy him before he got big. He tried to get him out of Greg Jackson early on so he could go train somewhere else with a lesser training center. But Jackson refused to cut Jones.

So then Rashad befriends Jones. Rashad makes a pact with Jones to never fight each other. This is when Rashad was champ and up until the Shogun fight when Rashad was still higher up on the ladder.

But then Rashad got injured and replaced by Jones for the Shogun fight. Jones beat Shogun and won the title. And thats where Rashad changed his tune. He didn't want anything to do with that pact anymore because that would mean he wouldn't get a title shot, so instead of feeling guilty about it, he tried to make Jones out to be the bad guy. Saying that Jones is the one who betrayed him even though Jones never called him out or anything.

Ahhh ok.

that makes perfect sense.

Thanks!

BoxingGenius27
04-11-2012, 12:15 AM

Do you even know what their beef is actually about?

It's about Jones saying in an interview that he would fight Rashad. It has nothing to do with Jones accepting the title shot when Rashad got hurt.

Everything else that escalated after they agreed to fight is simply fight hype; nothing else.

kaps
04-11-2012, 12:39 AM
what happened is this...

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb34/TheGambler13/arnold_not_sure_if_serious_gif.gif

-Swizzy-
04-11-2012, 01:39 AM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb34/TheGambler13/arnold_not_sure_if_serious_gif.gif

of course I'm being serious. Is anything I said false?

Rashad's whole hatred of Jones is fabricated. Jackson never picked Jones over Rashad. GJ said that he wouldn't coach either fighter if they ever fought each other. When Rashad left, Jackson was stunned. Rashad is just a cry baby that knows he isn't the big dog anymore.

You don't see Condit and GSP ripping Greg Jackson because they're gonna fight each other next. They still respect each other and still respect Jackson. Like smart humans, they understand the business they're in and that you can't just keep fighting guys that aren't in your training camp.

I realize its hard to fight someone you know, but this isn't battle of the gladiators. They aren't exactly fighting to the death. They might come out of it with a few cuts and bruises but nothing that won't heal over a few weeks. This whole childish thing of not fighting someone in your own camp is getting ridiculous.

kaps
04-11-2012, 02:35 AM

Rashad's whole hatred of Jones is fabricated. Jackson never picked Jones over Rashad. GJ said that he wouldn't coach either fighter if they ever fought each other. When Rashad left, Jackson was stunned. Rashad is just a cry baby that knows he isn't the big dog anymore.

You don't see Condit and GSP ripping Greg Jackson because they're gonna fight each other next. They still respect each other and still respect Jackson. Like smart humans, they understand the business they're in and that you can't just keep fighting guys that aren't in your training camp.

I realize its hard to fight someone you know, but this isn't battle of the gladiators. They aren't exactly fighting to the death. They might come out of it with a few cuts and bruises but nothing that won't heal over a few weeks. This whole childish thing of not fighting someone in your own camp is getting ridiculous.

hayz version is spot on. Yours, well yours is off base. Nice spin though. GSP and Condit rarely ever trained together, plus GSP is no longer at Jackson's. Jackson is also not cornering Condit for the fight. Jackson is a piece of ****...

-Swizzy-
04-11-2012, 02:41 AM
hayz version is spot on. Yours, well yours is off base. Nice spin though. GSP and Condit rarely ever trained together, plus GSP is no longer at Jackson's. Jackson is also not cornering Condit for the fight. Jackson is a piece of ****...

hayz version = rashad's version = bs

if GSP wasn't with Jackson, then why isn't Jackson cornering Condit? GSP is still training with Greg Jackson just not for this fight.

Also, I'm not a fan of Jon Jones or Greg Jackson. I don't enjoy watching Jones fight. His fights intrigue me as well as bore me for some reason. Don't feel like I'm watching real mma. Just a superior athlete overpowering an actual mma fighter. Had to clear that up cuz I know whats coming next.

kaps
04-11-2012, 03:17 AM
GSP has officially moved to Tristar or some**** like that. Rashad's version has all been confirmed by everyone including Jackson. Jones caused the the problem by saying he'd fight Rashad. Rashad took that as an insult and the rest is history...

backerman7
04-11-2012, 05:19 AM
http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpgI have never seen a bad Jones fight. Have you?

Anthony342
04-11-2012, 05:51 AM
But why did Jones say he'd fight Rashad? Did someone ask him, if given the opportunity, would he accept a match with Rashad? And if so, can you blame him? What is he supposed to say? No, I won't fight him? WTF, they're both light heavyweights in the UFC, they were bound to fight each other eventually. Why should Jones sound like a ducker? And I like Jones, from what I've seen of his fights and his appearance on Leno.

shadeyfizzle
04-11-2012, 06:10 AM
But why did Jones say he'd fight Rashad? Did someone ask him, if given the opportunity, would he accept a match with Rashad? And if so, can you blame him? What is he supposed to say? No, I won't fight him? WTF, they're both light heavyweights in the UFC, they were bound to fight each other eventually. Why should Jones sound like a ducker? And I like Jones, from what I've seen of his fights and his appearance on Leno.

mma has a strong emphasis on teams. The fighters you train with are your brothers that are there to help you improve. Not cut you down.

There's a reason why you will never see jake shields and nick diaz fight each other. A reason why jon fitch publicly said he would vacate his title shot if josh koscheck beat gsp.

The_Sandman
04-11-2012, 08:52 AM
I don't know. But maybe Rashad is like a lot of my friends. When I asked my friends why they hated Jon Jones so much, they said "to be honest, he's a darn good fighter, but he's just beating up all the old heads and I grew up watching those guys. I just want someone to kick his asss." I mean, let's face it. Jon Jones is a legend killer. He's going to have a lot of enemies. And I know Jon Jones is going to beat Rashad Evans to. I hope Anderson Silva moves up to light heavyweight. Jones vs Silva. Now that's a fight.

BoxingGenius27
04-11-2012, 10:07 AM

How people miss this is beyond me. "Oh, Rashad isn't an ATG at 205 because he's boring". That's the typical response, which is silly.

Rashad has been fighting in the UFC, which has the most elite fighters in the world, for his entire career except for 3 years or so. He managed to not only fight in the UFC, but the UFC's most competitive division, while only having 1 loss.

He's never ducked or dodged anybody. He's fought everyone put in front of him and beat them.

He has a boxing record, while being a Mixed Martial Artist. Besides Jon Jones, you aren't seeing these type of records in MMA. Hell, I've seen guys with like 15 losses be considered the GOAT. I've seen guys get KO'd several times in their prime and still be considered an ATG; then people are saying Rashad with only 1 defeat isn't an ATG?

Why? because, according to some, he's boring?

Why? Because he hasn't been KO'd several times?

Dudley
04-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Basically, Rashad Evans trained at Greg Jacksons gym and Greg wanted to bring Jon Jones in who was unknown to all but Greg who saw potential in him, Rashad said no because he didn't want another LHW in the gym because it would cause problems. Greg kept pushin it on him, so Rashad eventually said ok and started training with Jon Jones quite a bit. Rashad got injured when he was training to fight Shogun Rua for the LHW Title and Jon Jones took his spot to fight for it, he was asked would you fight Rashad? Jon Jones said Yeah I would if we had to, we're both professionals and then said if Dana White says it happens, it has to happen.

So thats where Rashad didn't like him from, because he went on camera and indirectly said he would be up for fighting him, whereas Rashad saw him as a brother who he would never fight no matter what. Greg Jackson sided with Jon Jones, though he says he didn't side with anyone, Rashad says he did because he didn't tell him to leave basically or he didn't back up Rashad.

Question how fragile is Evans psyche if some "indirectly" comments that he would fight him. Fans want to see it. Plus I think it makes a fighter look like they are dodging , when their job is to fight. Man the more I hear this back story, Evans sounds more and more like an insecure baby.

Dudley
04-11-2012, 11:11 AM

EXACTLY! :fest30:

King of Anal
04-11-2012, 12:56 PM
I can see Jones ruling for a while now , like the Klits...

I think people realise that Jones is going to kill the LH division in UFC with really one sided fights

kaps
04-11-2012, 01:06 PM

They agree'd not to fight after Jones started training at Jacksons. Then Jones flipped it on him. Jones already ducked Rashad before too...

-Swizzy-
04-11-2012, 01:39 PM
GSP has officially moved to Tristar or some**** like that. Rashad's version has all been confirmed by everyone including Jackson. Jones caused the the problem by saying he'd fight Rashad. Rashad took that as an insult and the rest is history...GSP has ALWAYS been in Tristar, but he trains at Jacksons just as much as tristar. He has better sparring partners there so he goes there for every fight. He pretty much travels to like 3-4 different camps in the course of his training. He just wont' be going to Jacksons cuz Condit is there. He'll be going back to jacksons for his next fight after Condit.

Ariel Helwani asked him if he would ever fight Rashad and this is pretty much what he said.

Jones: "Well this is Dana White's world, so if he wants us to fight we have no choice. If thats the fight Dana puts together than I would have to fight Rashad."

Rashad turned that into being called out. lol

kaps
04-11-2012, 01:47 PM
I guess loyalty and friendship is more important to some people than others. It says a lot about someones character when they'd rather have a belt than a best friend and training partner that was part of the reason they became so good in the first place. The real winner in this is Dana White. He finally got his wish and tore apart a team. Even though I hate AKA I gotta give them props, at least they're loyal...

Marchegiano
04-11-2012, 01:58 PM
how does one hate AKA?

kaps
04-11-2012, 02:02 PM
how does one hate AKA?

How does someone hate Team Blanket?

kaps
04-11-2012, 02:03 PM
GSP has ALWAYS been in Tristar, but he trains at Jacksons just as much as tristar. He has better sparring partners there so he goes there for every fight. He pretty much travels to like 3-4 different camps in the course of his training. He just wont' be going to Jacksons cuz Condit is there. He'll be going back to jacksons for his next fight after Condit.

Ariel Helwani asked him if he would ever fight Rashad and this is pretty much what he said.

Jones: "Well this is Dana White's world, so if he wants us to fight we have no choice. If thats the fight Dana puts together than I would have to fight Rashad."

Rashad turned that into being called out. lol

Josh Koscheck was asked right in front of Dana if he'd ever fight Jon Fitch and he said "No, never, not for any belts or money, if we did fight it'd be in the gym."

Unknown Champ
04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
I guess loyalty and friendship is more important to some people than others. It says a lot about someones character when they'd rather have a belt than a best friend and training partner that was part of the reason they became so good in the first place. The real winner in this is Dana White. He finally got his wish and tore apart a team. Even though I hate AKA I gotta give them props, at least they're loyal...

Really Kaps??? Man f^ck friends and I sincerly mean that. I pay my bills, I feed my family, I back me up, I care about my family more than any damn friend. You're older then these young cats kaps, friends?? Wow Like Jones said, "Friends is something I can do without but you will respect me."

I liked Rashad until he started hatin on the kid.

Bottom line Rashad is jealous and MMA fans are jealous of a: Read sig

Like a bunch of brats god damn:spank:

Unknown Champ
04-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Josh Koscheck was asked right in front of Dana if he'd ever fight Jon Fitch and he said "No, never, not for any belts or money, if we did fight it'd be in the gym."

That's because Kos has never been or will be the champ.

kaps
04-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Really Kaps??? Man f^ck friends and I sincerly mean that. I pay my bills, I feed my family, I back me up, I care about my family more than any damn friend. You're older then these young cats kaps, friends?? Wow Like Jones said, "Friends is something I can do without but you will respect me."

I liked Rashad until he started hatin on the kid.

Bottom line Rashad is jealous and MMA fans are jealous of a: Read sig

Like a bunch of brats god damn:spank:

Like Jones wouldn't of got fights or made money without being champ? Even after he became champ Rashad wasn't going to fight him, then he started saying he would fight Rashad. He wouldn't be making the money to feed his family without the help of training partners and friends. If you depended on your friends and training partners to help you "pay yo bills feed yo family" Then you'd be singing a different tune.

I like Jones until I found out what a backstabbing piece of trash he was.

Nobody is Jealous of Jones, they just don't like his fake ass....

Unknown Champ
04-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Like Jones wouldn't of got fights or made money without being champ? Even after he became champ Rashad wasn't going to fight him, then he started saying he would fight Rashad. He wouldn't be making the money to feed his family without the help of training partners and friends. If you depended on your friends and training partners to help you "pay yo bills feed yo family" Then you'd be singing a different tune.

I like Jones until I found out what a backstabbing piece of trash he was.

Nobody is Jealous of Jones, they just don't like his fake ass....

In the end isnt Jones giving Rashad a chance to make a career high payday in this fight or close to it???

Rashad is a competitor, of course he would have fought anyone who was the LHW Champ!!! Regardless of his words and you know that. It's about legacy for both fighters not about being friends or foes.

I owe nothing to my training partners but to help each other out with training nothing more nothing less. Doesnt mean I have to be prick towards them, it just means we train and each persons career is in their own hands, this isn't a team sport believe it or not. You fail to mention that Jones helped Rashad get better as well, it is a 2 way street bruh.

Rashad is jealous because he is not the man, period. Backstabbing?? You act like Jones f^cked his wife or talked mad sh1t on Rashad. Rashad is a straight pu$$y when it comes to Jones and is ridiculously jealous just like most sensitive ass mma fans, i am truly baffled with peoples attitudes towards Jones, wtf??

F l i c k e r
04-11-2012, 04:15 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/fuk%20you/grand/this_thread_is_gay_gif.gif

Unknown Champ
04-11-2012, 04:36 PM

haha green k

Dudley
04-11-2012, 06:42 PM

Haha nice!

Who's the dude in you avi?

F l i c k e r
04-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Haha nice!

Who's the dude in you avi?

Dudley......

Anthony342
04-11-2012, 08:56 PM
mma has a strong emphasis on teams. The fighters you train with are your brothers that are there to help you improve. Not cut you down.

There's a reason why you will never see jake shields and nick diaz fight each other. A reason why jon fitch publicly said he would vacate his title shot if josh koscheck beat gsp.

I'm sorry, but that just sounds ridiculous to me. It's fine if guys are friends, but they're still fighters and the best are supposed to fight each other, not avoid each other. That's the one thing MMA is supposed to have over boxing, that the best fight each other. That kind of thinking just denies the fans some good or even great potential fights. Well that, and the idea that a fighter can use any style to win a fight.

-Swizzy-
04-11-2012, 09:10 PM

yup. It became far less important to Rashad when Jones became champ.

Rashad sat out for over a year just to get a title shot. you don't think Rashad is hungry to be champ? you're nuts.

You didn't see Jones calling Rashad out when Rashad was champ, did you?

shadeyfizzle
04-11-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm sorry, but that just sounds ridiculous to me. It's fine if guys are friends, but they're still fighters and the best are supposed to fight each other, not avoid each other. That's the one thing MMA is supposed to have over boxing, that the best fight each other. That kind of thinking just denies the fans some good or even great potential fights. Well that, and the idea that a fighter can use any style to win a fight.
On a professional level its quite disrespectful for teammates to fight each other and ill paint you a picture why.

You're jon jones training to defend your belt against rashad evans. You're going to be forced to either train with rashad 15ft away from you able to see everything you do and vice versa OR you're going to force the entire gym staff and training partners to do 2 separate workouts everyday with the same intensity for an entire 8 weeks all while remaining neutral.

Its the same reason why boxers with the same trainer don't fight each other. I thought it would be common sense for fight fans but I guess not.

Unknown Champ
04-11-2012, 11:49 PM
On a professional level its quite disrespectful for teammates to fight each other and ill paint you a picture why.

You're jon jones training to defend your belt against rashad evans. You're going to be forced to either train with rashad 15ft away from you able to see everything you do and vice versa OR you're going to force the entire gym staff and training partners to do 2 separate workouts everyday with the same intensity for an entire 8 weeks all while remaining neutral.

Its the same reason why boxers with the same trainer don't fight each other. I thought it would be common sense for fight fans but I guess not.

I cant take a poster w a pic of Juan ma serious, seriously. :rofl:

kaps
04-12-2012, 01:07 AM

I think the people who are nay saying don't have friends or training partners....

Anthony342
04-12-2012, 02:20 AM

So why not just train somewhere else for one fight? Or one guy could always choose a different trainer or gym temporarily or for the rest of his career. I thought it would be common sense for fans to want to see the best face each other in the ring or cage. There's no reason why friends can't train in separate places, compete against each other and still be friends afterwards.

This is why we'll never see the Klitschkos fight each other or Amir Khan fight Pacquiao. I understand what you're saying, but as a fan, it still sucks that we're denied potentially great matchups. I don't see a problem with Jon Jones wanting to defend his title against every top contender. It's also why we had to wait a lot longer than necessary to see Chuck Lidell fight Tito Ortiz.

And no, the people who are disagreeing or "naysaying" are fans that want to see two of the best light heavyweights out there face each other in the cage.

Unknown Champ
04-12-2012, 02:28 AM
So why not just train somewhere else for one fight? Or one guy could always choose a different trainer or gym temporarily or for the rest of his career. I thought it would be common sense for fans to want to see the best face each other in the ring or cage. There's no reason why friends can't train in separate places, compete against each other and still be friends afterwards.

This is why we'll never see the Klitschkos fight each other or Amir Khan fight Pacquiao. I understand what you're saying, but as a fan, it still sucks that we're denied potentially great matchups. I don't see a problem with Jon Jones wanting to defend his title against every top contender. It's also why we had to wait a lot longer than necessary to see Chuck Lidell fight Tito Ortiz.

And no, the people who are disagreeing or "naysaying" are fans that want to see two of the best light heavyweights out there face each other in the cage.

I agree w the Brothers not fighting and can respect that. Friends at the gym are not my brother, sorry. Great convo gentlemen, even the ones I dont agree with.

shadeyfizzle
04-12-2012, 05:02 AM

Ok well who's to decide who stays and who goes??? A change in camps whether temporary or not could be a legitimate excuse for a loss that wouldnt otherwise happen.

Take james kirkland for example. And he didnt even fight someone who knew everything there was to know about him beforehand.

On a side note we're taking about training partners and/or fighters with the same trainer here. The klitschkos have different trainers. As did lidell and ortiz.

Dudley
04-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Dudley......

Hahaha! Nice change up.

Alright she's a 'lil hotter...

Boxingtech718v2
04-12-2012, 11:19 AM
I think it's unrealistic to say that you will never fight your training partner if you two are in the same weight class.
There can only be one champ at any given time and everybody is striving for that.
There is no team when it comes to winning that belt.
I think Jones is going to beat the hell out of Rashad in the clinch and wear him out. I'm aching to see Jones vs Hendo so I'm rooting for Jones all the way.

-Swizzy-
04-12-2012, 01:24 PM
I think the people who are nay saying don't have friends or training partners....

lol always with these off base comments.

you must be a regular at sherdog.

kaps
04-12-2012, 02:51 PM
lol always with these off base comments.

you must be a regular at sherdog.

Last post at Sherdog was around June 2007. This isn't ping pong, it's a fight, the point of the fight is to hurt the other person until they give up or go unconscious. If you really don't have a problem punching your friend in the face as hard as you can good for you I guess....

Anthony342
04-12-2012, 04:06 PM
I'd say flip a coin or rock/paper scissors myself. Unless they want to let the trainer decide.

And yeah, the Klitschkos have different trainers, but I mentioned them as an example of a potentially good fight that will never happen. I mentioned Liddell and Ortiz because Ortiz ducked Liddell as long as he could because he said he didn't want to fight Liddell because they were friends, so it goes back to what you were saying about friends. And Liddell, like the true fighter and man he is, wanted to fight Ortiz for the title when he became number one contender. Funny how Oritz was quick to change his tune when he was no longer the guy holding the belt, by the way.

kaps
04-12-2012, 04:26 PM
I'd say flip a coin or rock/paper scissors myself. Unless they want to let the trainer decide.

And yeah, the Klitschkos have different trainers, but I mentioned them as an example of a potentially good fight that will never happen. I mentioned Liddell and Ortiz because Ortiz ducked Liddell as long as he could because he said he didn't want to fight Liddell because they were friends, so it goes back to what you were saying about friends. And Liddell, like the true fighter and man he is, wanted to fight Ortiz for the title when he became number one contender. Funny how Oritz was quick to change his tune when he was no longer the guy holding the belt, by the way.

Ortiz believed they where friends, Chuck has always maintained that they where not friends. Ortiz was ducking Chuck because he was scared. Nothing more nothing less...

shadeyfizzle
04-12-2012, 05:22 PM

That perspective is exactly what makes these situations so delicate and puts unspoken etiquette in its place.

As a professional in any occupation the worst possible place to be is to have your fate decided by a cointoss or have your boss/trainer blatantly take sides against you.

And once again I emphasize fighters with the same trainer because I agree that professionals should put friendship aside if needbe and there are plenty of examples of it.

Mosley /dlh
Shamrock/ le

But professionally if you have 2 top fighters with the same trainer there are obviously conflict of interest that prevent it from happening on a professional, not personal level. The decision to leave said camp in pursuit of a new direction must come from the fighters. Not a cointoss or the betrayal of a trainer to 1 of the fighters.

-Swizzy-
04-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Last post at Sherdog was around June 2007. This isn't ping pong, it's a fight, the point of the fight is to hurt the other person until they give up or go unconscious. If you really don't have a problem punching your friend in the face as hard as you can good for you I guess....

so I guess they must not punch and hurt each other during sparring. lol

F l i c k e r
04-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Ortiz believed they where friends, Chuck has always maintained that they where not friends. Ortiz was ducking Chuck because he was scared. Nothing more nothing less...

Ortiz thought they were friends because they got in an alley fight against some guys and they were on the same side. lol

On topic: I don't get the dislike for what Evans was feeling. He was with Jackson for much longer than Jones.

He even talked to Jackson about Jones and Jackson promised him to his face that they wouldn't have to fight each other and also promised him that even if they did, he would be on Rashad's side.

Rashad is justified in his anger and dislike for Jones and the Jackson camp. Jones came in and disrupted his home. Jackson then went back on his word with Rashad. Completely justified.

I like Rashad without him anyways, he seems like a more complete fighter now. Not a sloppy slugger or lay and pray artist.

Anthony342
04-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Well if that's the real and whole story, then yeah, I can understand Rashad's anger. I'm still glad, as a fan, that this fight is happening though.

kaps
04-13-2012, 02:36 AM
I think it's unrealistic to say that you will never fight your training partner if you two are in the same weight class.
There can only be one champ at any given time and everybody is striving for that.
There is no team when it comes to winning that belt.
I think Jones is going to beat the hell out of Rashad in the clinch and wear him out. I'm aching to see Jones vs Hendo so I'm rooting for Jones all the way.

Unrealistic? Shogun and Wandy where both in the MW GP in 05 while they where both at Chute Boxe. They made an agreement before the tourny that if they where to face each other in the finals, that they'd put on a show, not hurt each other, and that Wanderlei would win the fight. It wasn't needed though because Silva lost to Arona in the semi's....

so I guess they must not punch and hurt each other during sparring. lol

You got full bore when you're sparring? You spar without pads and a helmet? You crank your training partners arms as hard as you can while rolling? If so you're a piece of ****. I don't know of any gyms that would put up with such assholish behavior....

-Swizzy-
04-13-2012, 02:39 AM
Jones slapped Rashad with the cold hard truth.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nueL7-sE45g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pretty much said everything that I've been saying in this thread.

kaps
04-13-2012, 02:46 AM
Jones slapped Rashad with the cold hard truth.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nueL7-sE45g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pretty much said everything that I've been saying in this thread.

All I seen was him whining about kids and getting put in his place for pretending to know the history that Rashad built...

kaps
04-13-2012, 02:52 AM
This dude is so fake that I'm actually rooting for Rashad Evans to win a fight. What a crazy year, first I root for Bisping in his last 2 fights and now Rashad. :nonono:

-Swizzy-
04-13-2012, 03:46 AM
All I seen was him whining about kids and getting put in his place for pretending to know the history that Rashad built...

dude, Jones said it straight up. He(Jones) had the belt, why would HE be the one calling out Rashad? Since when do champs call out other fighters. What does Jones have to gain from that? Its Rashad who wants to fight Jones and doesn't want to look like the bad guy, so he's turning little things into call outs. I've never heard of a champ calling out contenders, lol thats silly. Especially when contenders didn't instigate any fight. Rashad started acting all sour grapes when Jones became champ. he wants the belt and he doesn't care about no loyalty and friendship. Thats the truth.

dbonelli80
04-13-2012, 05:08 AM
http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpgI know that sounds bad but look at it. Rampage is an "Uncle tom" wtf?!! Then you Have Davis who he was going to molest ftw!?!? And now Jones

kaps
04-13-2012, 05:08 AM
dude, Jones said it straight up. He(Jones) had the belt, why would HE be the one calling out Rashad? Since when do champs call out other fighters. What does Jones have to gain from that? Its Rashad who wants to fight Jones and doesn't want to look like the bad guy, so he's turning little things into call outs. I've never heard of a champ calling out contenders, lol thats silly. Especially when contenders didn't instigate any fight. Rashad started acting all sour grapes when Jones became champ. he wants the belt and he doesn't care about no loyalty and friendship. Thats the truth.

Jones said he would fight Rashad. Rashad took it as an insult and betrayal. That's the truth...

Jay Volcano
04-13-2012, 08:19 AM
This dude is so fake that I'm actually rooting for Rashad Evans to win a fight.
This. He must think he's Jon of God or something. The quotes he posts on Twitter are so annoying and it makes him look like an idiot.

Boxingtech718v2
04-13-2012, 10:33 AM
This dude is so fake that I'm actually rooting for Rashad Evans to win a fight. What a crazy year, first I root for Bisping in his last 2 fights and now Rashad. :nonono:

Jones is "fake" because he doesn't act like a douche bag, actually shows up for his pressers, He doesn't piss off his boss, and he doesn't act like a fake thug.
People hate on anybody that seems better than they are. Because they seem too good to be true they must be fake.
All I know is that Jones actually finishes fights and always performs well. Why do people hate that?

kaps
04-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Jones is "fake" because he doesn't act like a douche bag, actually shows up for his pressers, He doesn't piss off his boss, and he doesn't act like a fake thug.
People hate on anybody that seems better than they are. Because they seem too good to be true they must be fake.
All I know is that Jones actually finishes fights and always performs well. Why do people hate that?

It's pretty pathetic when you go on attacking a fighter that has nothing to do with who we're discussing because you're butthurt. Jones is fake because he can't decide if he wants to be ****y or humble. Their is a difference between ****yness and confidence too. A confident Humble guy is someone like GSP, a ****y fake douchebag is some one like Jones, who has to be told, "JON JONES, go check on Machida to get some fans!". I have no beef with Jones as a fighter, he's a talented dude and puts on an exciting fight, most of the time. Just not a fan of the whole "I'm greatful for this oppertunity/I'M THE BADDEST DUDE WHO EVER LIVED I DESERVE EVERYTHING." Attitude. Pick a personality and stick with it. Atleast Rashad has always been a ****y prick.

By the way, if you think Nick is fake, feel free to drop by Cesar Gracie's gym and tell him so...

-Swizzy-
04-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Jones said he would fight Rashad. Rashad took it as an insult and betrayal. That's the truth...

nope, he said if Dana put that fight together he would have no choice. If Ariel asked him "if it was up to you, would you fight him" I'm sure he would say "no".

As Jones said, Rashad tried to start **** even BEFORE that interview with Ariel. There was an interview before that when Jones actually said "I wouldn't fight Rashad." And Rashad still got butthurt and said "Jon should have called me about that." And they sat down and talked about it and Rashad tried to start something but Jones was too apologetic so it was settled. lol, Jon even had to apologize for saying "I wouldn't fight Rashad". lol

Rashad is fake as they come and he's trying to make Jones look fake.

Boxingtech718v2
04-13-2012, 02:22 PM
It's pretty pathetic when you go on attacking a fighter that has nothing to do with who we're discussing because you're butthurt. Jones is fake because he can't decide if he wants to be ****y or humble. Their is a difference between ****yness and confidence too. A confident Humble guy is someone like GSP, a ****y fake douchebag is some one like Jones, who has to be told, "JON JONES, go check on Machida to get some fans!". I have no beef with Jones as a fighter, he's a talented dude and puts on an exciting fight, most of the time. Just not a fan of the whole "I'm greatful for this oppertunity/I'M THE BADDEST DUDE WHO EVER LIVED I DESERVE EVERYTHING." Attitude. Pick a personality and stick with it. Atleast Rashad has always been a ****y prick.

By the way, if you think Nick is fake, feel free to drop by Cesar Gracie's gym and tell him so...

Jones doesn't have to be either one or the other he can be himself his own man. It's not a black or white world there are plenty of grey areas in between. People like you just want to place somebody in a box so they feel like they understand them. I brought up Diaz because I find it hilarious somebody can talk trash a bout a humble kid like Jon but nutthug a total douchebag like Nick Diaz.

kaps
04-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Jones doesn't have to be either one or the other he can be himself his own man. It's not a black or white world there are plenty of grey areas in between. People like you just want to place somebody in a box so they feel like they understand them. I brought up Diaz because I find it hilarious somebody can talk trash a bout a humble kid like Jon but nutthug a total douchebag like Nick Diaz.

Jon Jones isn't Humble, he's not even the grey area you're talking about, he flips it like some bi-polar *****. Pick one, be a humble respectful dude or be a ****y prick. Sometimes he does both in the same sentence. Nick's attitude is the same as pretty much anyone who grew up here. He's not a criminal, he's not a gangster, and he's 100% real and honest about everything. This dude will talk to anybody about training, fighting, nutrition, whatever for hours. He's about as real as it gets, if you disrespect you get disrespected back. How's that douchey?

kaps
04-13-2012, 02:34 PM
nope, he said if Dana put that fight together he would have no choice. If Ariel asked him "if it was up to you, would you fight him" I'm sure he would say "no".

As Jones said, Rashad tried to start **** even BEFORE that interview with Ariel. There was an interview before that when Jones actually said "I wouldn't fight Rashad." And Rashad still got butthurt and said "Jon should have called me about that." And they sat down and talked about it and Rashad tried to start something but Jones was too apologetic so it was settled. lol, Jon even had to apologize for saying "I wouldn't fight Rashad". lol

Rashad is fake as they come and he's trying to make Jones look fake.

If it's a fakery contest I say Jones takes it. Rashad has always been an *******. I'll believe the guy who is consistent before the one who changes his personality on a whim...

MARKBNLV
04-13-2012, 03:34 PM
He is going to break Jones skinny little chin i cant fcking wait.

-Swizzy-
04-13-2012, 03:48 PM
If it's a fakery contest I say Jones takes it. Rashad has always been an *******. I'll believe the guy who is consistent before the one who changes his personality on a whim...

whats fake about him? he's the same lame, fruity guy that has confidence in himself that I first saw 3 years ago.

do I see emotional changes like when he's happy before a fight or pissed when someone like Rashad gets under his skin? yes. but thats not changing of personality, thats just a mood change.

I don't see any changes in his personality. he's always been that same guy.

GreatestIam
04-13-2012, 04:21 PM
fact is, Jon Jones is champ Rashad isnt, Jones has defended his belt more and Rashad is pissed, because they should have fought months ago... The bad blood has been brewing for some time now... and as much as i love Jones i know its not a good thing to get a SUGAR angry... i got Rashad by 2nd round submission.....

kaps
04-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Everyone seems to forget that this fight should've happened last year but Jones ducked Rashad....

F l i c k e r
04-13-2012, 09:44 PM
It's pretty obvious Jones isn't 100% with the media. He may be a good guy but he obviously evades certain questions, and speaks deliberately so he can appear humble for PR reasons.

I'm going for Rashad in this one. He could easily lose but meh, I just don't feel that Jones' chin is durable. Will he ever get it tested? Maybe not. But I gotta role with the guy I've been rooting for longer.

And I don't blame Rashad for being angry. If your word means ****, how good of a person are you really? He's justified in his anger towards them in my opinion.

Even Big Foot Silva left Blackzilians to avoid training with Overeem for fight reasons. Come on now.

MARKBNLV
04-13-2012, 10:22 PM
fact is, Jon Jones is champ Rashad isnt, Jones has defended his belt more and Rashad is pissed, because they should have fought months ago... The bad blood has been brewing for some time now... and as much as i love Jones i know its not a good thing to get a SUGAR angry... i got Rashad by 2nd round submission.....

No submission 1st rd ko.

Virgil Caine
04-14-2012, 06:53 AM
There is nothing wrong with fighting a friend.

MMA is not a team sport. But, it is a team sport in the sense that you do have to have a good team to be successful.

There is nothing wrong with choosing not to fight a friend.

Both guys are egomaniacs.

Both guys are very talented fighters.

Jones is a better natural athlete.

Rashad is more experienced.

Jones is a clear favorite.

Both guys are egomaniacal.

Both guys come off as douche bags sort of, but I personally find Jones a bit more noxious, but it's probably just a matter of personal taste.

Fighting is also not like other sports. You put your life on the line every time out. (I would say, that sports like Rugby, American football, and the like are very analogous, as is say downhill skiing--you get the point--but this is a competitive aspect of fighting, and it has to factor in when it comes to this type of thing).

Anyway, a lot of you guys are seeing things too black and white.

And also, I personally think they must fight. There aren't that many more interesting fights out there (I mean from a competitive basis, not talking about the controversy or anything like that).

Oh, and yes, Jones did duck Evans once (or it looked like it at least). That was when he pulled out of the fight to have surgery on his thumb, which miraculously recovered as soon as the fight was off.

Boxingtech718v2
04-14-2012, 04:24 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/kgpimp21/r3.jpg
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/23wmRTLwdWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
People talking about Jones chin still haven't been tested are just fooling themselves. We know Rashad has a suspect chin however. Remember this face?
People seem to have forgotten that Jones has run through all of Rashad's rivals with no troubles.
Jones will smash Evans then possible lose to Hendo who has the one punch KO power to test Jones chin.

Bacatit
04-15-2012, 10:08 PM

I have not been here in over a month but you are sorely mistaken. I won't argue but Rashad is the gentlemen in this situation and Jones is the big kid who needs to be humbled. I love Jones and I have backed him up until he allowed his beef with Rashad to escalate.
Rashad gave him the chance to calm the situation and Jones rejected the opportunity.

Bacatit
04-15-2012, 10:12 PM
GSP has officially moved to Tristar or some**** like that. Rashad's version has all been confirmed by everyone including Jackson. Jones caused the the problem by saying he'd fight Rashad. Rashad took that as an insult and the rest is history...

Don't get caught up with this dude he is just picking sides without rationale. If somebody did him like Jones did Evans it would be a problem and he knows it.

Bacatit
04-15-2012, 10:16 PM

That's what Rashad thought was going on between him and Jones. I'm done here your holding it down. If they choose to see other wise then that's just the kind of people they, which is exactly why I hope Evans wins the title again and humiliates Jones in the process.

BTW Evans is the only guy I would root for against Jones besides A.Silva and it's strictly character based.

kaps
04-15-2012, 10:53 PM
That's what Rashad thought was going on between him and Jones. I'm done here your holding it down. If they choose to see other wise then that's just the kind of people they, which is exactly why I hope Evans wins the title again and humiliates Jones in the process.

BTW Evans is the only guy I would root for against Jones besides A.Silva and it's strictly character based.

Pretty much the same thing here. I think Jones will probably win but I dislike him personally more than I do Rashad...

*Boss*
04-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Rashad wont be able to handle that monster that Jones is. Jones wins via domination , as usual.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lz_qqM9jb6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[ DUBBZZ ]
04-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Rashad is pissing in his pants right now.

Jay Volcano
04-18-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm curious what quotes will Jones post on Twitter if he'll lose against Evans.

Boxingtech718v2
04-18-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm curious what quotes will Jones post on Twitter if he'll lose against Evans.

Probably call for an immediate rematch. If Rashad wins it will most likely be by LnP.

-Swizzy-
04-19-2012, 02:22 PM

I can say the same BS. If you chose to take Rashad's side, then you're just as fake and weasley as he is.

Jones is real and is the champion. he doesn't need to fight Rashad. Rashad is the one who needs to fight Jones. Thats just logic and rationality. Jones could go his whole career and not fight Rashad and still accomplish big things. Rashad NEEDS to fight Jones if he ever wants to get to the top again. Why would Jones pick a fight with Rashad? I garuantee you that had Jones not won the title, this whole situation would not have happened cuz Rashad would try his best to avoid a fight with Jones so he would have stayed friends with him and would have stayed with jacksons. Thats the way Rashad thinks. And if you don't see that, than you're just a hater and easily influenced by Rashad's words and chose to ignore the truth.

I could careless for either fighter in this fight. I'm just telling it like it is.

Jay Volcano
04-19-2012, 03:45 PM
@Boxingtech718v2
I was talking about the inspirational quotes he often posts on Twitter. You know that all "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" bull****.

Although that would probably not be the case because Jones will most likely win the bout. I want Rashad to win it but it will be difficult.

Boxingtech718v2
04-19-2012, 04:59 PM
@Boxingtech718v2
I was talking about the inspirational quotes he often posts on Twitter. You know that all "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" bull****.

Although that would probably not be the case because Jones will most likely win the bout. I want Rashad to win it but it will be difficult.

That's all marketing BS that Jones team and the UFC comes up with to try to make his personality likeable. But when I look at Jones all I see is a kid that's happy to be where he is. He's going to clear out the LHW div then move up. To me that's where we will see Jones really get challenged.

Addition
04-20-2012, 09:33 PM

Really? That's lame imo.

Evans is a UFC fighter and should step up to fight whoever, I mean isn't that what UFC is all about?

Boxingtech718v2
04-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Really? That's lame imo.

Evans is a UFC fighter and should step up to fight whoever, I mean isn't that what UFC is all about?

Exactly Jon Jones has a wife and children to provide for. Evans is a grown man wanting Jon to hold his hand and shiet. A man's wife and kids have to come first. If the boss says it has to go down then that's what it has to be. Rashad took it the wrong way in my opinion.

kaps
04-21-2012, 12:09 AM
http://blog.chron.com/fighting/files/legacy/rashadnipples.jpg.gif

Bacatit
04-21-2012, 12:35 AM
I can say the same BS. If you chose to take Rashad's side, then you're just as fake and weasley as he is.

Jones is real and is the champion. he doesn't need to fight Rashad. Rashad is the one who needs to fight Jones. Thats just logic and rationality. Jones could go his whole career and not fight Rashad and still accomplish big things. Rashad NEEDS to fight Jones if he ever wants to get to the top again. Why would Jones pick a fight with Rashad? I garuantee you that had Jones not won the title, this whole situation would not have happened cuz Rashad would try his best to avoid a fight with Jones so he would have stayed friends with him and would have stayed with jacksons. Thats the way Rashad thinks. And if you don't see that, than you're just a hater and easily influenced by Rashad's words and chose to ignore the truth.

I could careless for either fighter in this fight. I'm just telling it like it is.

Both Evans and Rashad came from wrestling backgrounds not boxing and if you know anything about the camaraderie these guys were raised with you'd understand where I'm coming from.
In boxing Cotto would not have the opportunity to spar with Floyd where as MMA is young and more team based than boxing.
Rahad allowed Jones to join the team and was convinced by his coach that there would be none of this.
Imagine if Roger convinced Floyd that he should allow Pac to train and spar with him and they would never fight ... don't be so naive...

Bacatit
04-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Exactly Jon Jones has a wife and children to provide for. Evans is a grown man wanting Jon to hold his hand and shiet. A man's wife and kids have to come first. If the boss says it has to go down then that's what it has to be. Rashad took it the wrong way in my opinion.

Bottom line is Jones would not have had the help of Greg Jackson or Rashad if Rashad knew he would be sold out. Not saying Jones v Evans would not be occurring tomorrow it's just that Jones and Evans would be clueless as to each others pro's and cons other than visual.

Rashad was the #1 contender and former champ, Jones was looking for a home. If Jones was this confident before training with Shad he should have joined another camp anybody would have taken him.

I don't blame Jones as much as Greg Jackson's greedy ass but there has to be a line drawn somewhere when somebody allows you a place to sleep in their home, being homeless and all.

Kind of like Pac and Biggie. If you don't understand Shad you don't understan Pac or why "Who Shot Ya" would infuriate him after allowing Big to sleep on his damn couch !!!

Y'all are phony as Koni

Rjj and Hop both back Evans,,,the real win/lose/draw

kaps
04-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Rashad has said multiple times that after Jones won the title he was preparing to drop to 185lbs. Until Jones started saying he would fight Rashad. That's it, the truth, it's all out there. Quit believing Greg Jackson's bull****.

Bacatit
04-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Rashad has said multiple times that after Jones won the title he was preparing to drop to 185lbs. Until Jones started saying he would fight Rashad. That's it, the truth, it's all out there. Quit believing Greg Jackson's bull****.

Kaps most of these dudes don't follow mma or they are just phony, I'm done wasting my time.

You see how phony Jones is as a person and business ain't everything. THese guys are just caught up in the highlight reel. We both know Jones is a beast and will be headed to Hw real soon but that's not the point.

They think we want to hate on Jones because he is good, that's why politics is so screwed up now, people only respect the star status and not the work or loyalty that goes into it .

Boxingtech718v2
04-21-2012, 03:55 AM
Bottom line is Jones would not have had the help of Greg Jackson or Rashad if Rashad knew he would be sold out. Not saying Jones v Evans would not be occurring tomorrow it's just that Jones and Evans would be clueless as to each others pro's and cons other than visual.

Rashad was the #1 contender and former champ, Jones was looking for a home. If Jones was this confident before training with Shad he should have joined another camp anybody would have taken him.

I don't blame Jones as much as Greg Jackson's greedy ass but there has to be a line drawn somewhere when somebody allows you a place to sleep in their home, being homeless and all.

Kind of like Pac and Biggie. If you don't understand Shad you don't understan Pac or why "Who Shot Ya" would infuriate him after allowing Big to sleep on his damn couch !!!

Y'all are phony as Koni

Rjj and Hop both back Evans,,,the real win/lose/draw

First of all last I checked it was Greg Jackson's gym not Rashad's. Jones asked Greg to join and he said yes. If Rashad didn't like it he could have left at anytime like he later did. Jackson is in the fight game to make money make no mistake, not to be your daddy.
Also Jones never said definitively that he wanted to fight Rashad. I watched that interview and after being asked he said he would fight Rashad if the boss forced it. If you have a family or kids you always put that first period.
Rashad basically used the interview as a scapegoat to challenge Jones for the title. No way was he ever going to realistically drop down or go up to HW. Jon should win Sat night but after the weight in I'm a little worried. I've never seen Jon mad and he looked genuinely angry during the staredown. Rashad might be in his head. Only time will tell if that will mean a more focused Jones or distracted Jones.
I hope Jon puts on another highlight reel KO and shows us something new.

WARQUEZ
04-21-2012, 04:24 AM

Jones is real

Get out. That's some imbecile **** right there. Rashad has never hid who he was. He has always embraced who he was. He's no where near fake, and too say that really shows your buffoonery.

Jones is real right? You like Jones because he's a classy guy right? He's humble and gracious huh?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bgHg24Ti9kQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the words of Mr. Jones himself "Is this the guy you want to be champion?" a guy who's ordered to go check on a fighter's health to earn some fans?

Classy.

Bacatit
04-21-2012, 04:28 AM
First of all last I checked it was Greg Jackson's gym not Rashad's. Jones asked Greg to join and he said yes. If Rashad didn't like it he could have left at anytime like he later did. Jackson is in the fight game to make money make no mistake, not to be your daddy.
Also Jones never said definitively that he wanted to fight Rashad. I watched that interview and after being asked he said he would fight Rashad if the boss forced it. If you have a family or kids you always put that first period.
Rashad basically used the interview as a scapegoat to challenge Jones for the title. No way was he ever going to realistically drop down or go up to HW. Jon should win Sat night but after the weight in I'm a little worried. I've never seen Jon mad and he looked genuinely angry during the staredown. Rashad might be in his head. Only time will tell if that will mean a more focused Jones or distracted Jones.
I hope Jon puts on another highlight reel KO and shows us something new.

I won't argue because at the end of the day it's all business but having an awsome champ that has no genuine character is like what happened to hip hop music.
It's all about the benjimen's, money hoes and clothes all a ***** knows
Bling Bling
Money Money Money
All I've got in this is an opinion...carry on !!!

-Swizzy-
04-21-2012, 05:12 PM
actions speak louder than words. he could say whatever he wants, but he didn't do any of that and never intended to. He tried to start **** with Jones a long time ago.

when Jones says something like "I would NOT fight Rashad" during an interview with ESPN, and Rashad still finds a way to turn that into a fight, you know what he's all about.

Once again, use your common sense. Jones has nothing to gain from fighting Rashad. Rashad has everything to gain from fighting Jones. Rashad is the one picking a fight.
Both Evans and Rashad came from wrestling backgrounds not boxing and if you know anything about the camaraderie these guys were raised with you'd understand where I'm coming from.
In boxing Cotto would not have the opportunity to spar with Floyd where as MMA is young and more team based than boxing.
Rahad allowed Jones to join the team and was convinced by his coach that there would be none of this.
Imagine if Roger convinced Floyd that he should allow Pac to train and spar with him and they would never fight ... don't be so naive...
Rashad "allowed" Jones to join the team? lol @ that. Rashad tried his best to keep Jones out of that camp cuz he was jealous of him.

Kaps most of these dudes don't follow mma or they are just phony, I'm done wasting my time.

You see how phony Jones is as a person and business ain't everything. THese guys are just caught up in the highlight reel. We both know Jones is a beast and will be headed to Hw real soon but that's not the point.

They think we want to hate on Jones because he is good, that's why politics is so screwed up now, people only respect the star status and not the work or loyalty that goes into it .
You're retarded for real.

Business means everything to Rashad buddy. Just look at his lifestyle. Jones never changed his tune about Rashad. Rashad changed his **** up when Jones won the title. Jones never called Rashad out when Shad was champ or when he was getting the title shot. Rashad is jealous to the core.

And I'm not caught up with anythign with Jones. I don't like his fights. I think he belongs in the HW division where his skills will be tested for real against guys HIS size. He's just picking on weaker smaller fighters atm. And his personality is annoying to me. But I don't think he's fake..... just awkward.

I also never accused you of hating on Jones "because he's good". lol You're just as phony as Rashad. Making **** up to make someone who doesn't agree with you, look bad.

Bacatit
04-22-2012, 04:26 AM
actions speak louder than words. he could say whatever he wants, but he didn't do any of that and never intended to. He tried to start **** with Jones a long time ago.

when Jones says something like "I would NOT fight Rashad" during an interview with ESPN, and Rashad still finds a way to turn that into a fight, you know what he's all about.

Once again, use your common sense. Jones has nothing to gain from fighting Rashad. Rashad has everything to gain from fighting Jones. Rashad is the one picking a fight.

Rashad "allowed" Jones to join the team? lol @ that. Rashad tried his best to keep Jones out of that camp cuz he was jealous of him.

You're retarded for real.

Business means everything to Rashad buddy. Just look at his lifestyle. Jones never changed his tune about Rashad. Rashad changed his **** up when Jones won the title. Jones never called Rashad out when Shad was champ or when he was getting the title shot. Rashad is jealous to the core.

And I'm not caught up with anythign with Jones. I don't like his fights. I think he belongs in the HW division where his skills will be tested for real against guys HIS size. He's just picking on weaker smaller fighters atm. And his personality is annoying to me. But I don't think he's fake..... just awkward.

I also never accused you of hating on Jones "because he's good". lol You're just as phony as Rashad. Making **** up to make someone who doesn't agree with you, look bad.

So I'm phony for giving an honest assesment of the situation. Rashad and GSP made the gym hot. Jones was looking for a home similar to Kieth Jardine. Greg convinced Rashad to let Jones join and that's not sying he wouldn't have screwed him anyway.
Greg did the same thing to Diego Sanchez when he brought GSP in GSP and Condit are in a similar situation but never trained together or sparred. Gsp and Rory are both training together at in Canada and Gsp said he would move up by the time Rory made it to the title.

GSP was speaking on the Rashad situation with Jones when he spoke of Rory and Condit and made it clear he would be cautious.
Post interview even Jones said if he learned anything h"he would not train with other elite 205'ers...Dumb **** ...look it up Youtube Ufc 145 Gsp then Diego Then Kieth Then Evans Jones camp issues.

Bacatit
04-22-2012, 04:31 AM
Here at Greg Jacksons we recruit the best of the best, train like a family and then screw #2.

Jones said he owed his victory to his team who were the same since Rashad left and all imitated Rashad a guy who the knew better than Jones including the guy that helped mold him into the former LHW champ he was.

Props to Rashad for holding your own. Props to Jones for handling business in the
octagon regardless of the opponent !!!

Boxingtech718v2
04-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Here at Greg Jacksons we recruit the best of the best, train like a family and then screw #2.

Jones said he owed his victory to his team who were the same since Rashad left and all imitated Rashad a guy who the knew better than Jones including the guy that helped mold him into the former LHW champ he was.

Props to Rashad for holding your own. Props to Jones for handling business in the

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/shortonlogik/waahmbulance.jpg

Dudley
04-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Get out. That's some imbecile **** right there. Rashad has never hid who he was. He has always embraced who he was. He's no where near fake, and too say that really shows your buffoonery.

Jones is real right? You like Jones because he's a classy guy right? He's humble and gracious huh?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bgHg24Ti9kQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the words of Mr. Jones himself "Is this the guy you want to be champion?" a guy who's ordered to go check on a fighter's health to earn some fans?

Classy.

If i'm not mistaken The dragon was dissing him during the fight. Let me ask you something, would you check on a dude that you just mopped the floor with and was dissing you during a fight. Be honest bro. ;)

Bacatit
04-22-2012, 03:27 PM
If i'm not mistaken The dragon was dissing him during the fight. Let me ask you something, would you check on a dude that you just mopped the floor with and was dissing you during a fight. Be honest bro. ;)

I've never known Machida to talk any kind of **** but there is a first time for a lot of things...I guess.

kaps
04-22-2012, 03:44 PM
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p302/shortonlogik/waahmbulance.jpg

He gave props to both fighters, do you just have a stockpile of these pics you're trying to use and he even though he didn't talk any **** you decided to pull it out anyway?

Boxingtech718v2
04-22-2012, 03:49 PM

Sounds like whining to me!
He gave props to both fighters, do you just have a stockpile of these pics you're trying to use and he even though he didn't talk any **** you decided to pull it out anyway?

Pure lies he threw his little jabs then begrudgingly gave a tiny bit of credit to offset his bitterness.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/237/988/ea3.gif (http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/237988-haters-gonna-hate)
[/URL]

Jay Volcano
04-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Another win for Jon Jones against a former UFC light-heavyweight champion. Those elbows were spectacular.

Harry Balls
04-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Evans is one of the greatest at 205 but his problem is lack of really important victories. Liddell? That's like rating Barrera for Amir Khan.
Rampage win is good but not what it could have been a couple of years earlier. Rampage has been lackluster since he lost to Griffin.

Davis could prove to be a great win but we don't know yet. Griffin is a great win, but the general opinion on Griffin is not great.

But yeah he's definitely a top10 lhw going by record alone.

I think he should drop to middleweight a more fitting weightclass for him. I don't put it past him to actually beat Anderson Silva which would be a win just as good as beating Jon Jones.

Jay Volcano
04-23-2012, 11:02 AM
His best win was against Lyoto Machida. I didn't expect Jones to pull it off.

Harry Balls
04-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Are we talking about Jon Jones? Rashad got his **** pushed in by Machida.

If Jon Jones, yes i agree. Machida is his best win even though one could argue the case for Shogun. I just don't think Shogun gave an honest fight with all the injuries and **** that has plagued him.
I still think Jones beats the best Shogun so not trying to make excuses.

Jon Jones could possibly have the best streak of wins out of any in lhw history.
Ruas 2005 comes close, but i think Jones past 1.5 year beats that.

BoxingGenius27
04-23-2012, 11:52 AM
I just wanted to say one thing regarding Jon Jones:

@ 0:05

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7lSvqCf4Xlw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That said, hail Rashad.

Now that I got that out my system, carry on.

Virgil Caine
04-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Are we talking about Jon Jones? Rashad got his **** pushed in by Machida.

If Jon Jones, yes i agree. Machida is his best win even though one could argue the case for Shogun. I just don't think Shogun gave an honest fight with all the injuries and **** that has plagued him.
I still think Jones beats the best Shogun so not trying to make excuses.

Jon Jones could possibly have the best streak of wins out of any in lhw history.
Ruas 2005 comes close, but i think Jones past 1.5 year beats that.

Good and fair analysis.

I still think that Shogun's run, and Wanderlei's run are superior to Jones so far. I think Liddell is still ahead of him too.

But Jones is knocking on the door.

I personally wouldn't say I see Jones beating prime Shogun though. I think it would be a hell of a fight. But Jones has enough flaws that I can say that a killer striker like Shogun would have a tremendous chance to beat him.

Jay Volcano
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
@Harry Balls
Yes, I was talking about Jon Jones.

SkillspayBills
04-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Alright maybe I came off like a prick, so my bad.

Let's get passed that.

Rashad is always hatin on Jones just like most mma fans, and I can't figure out why?? So in a sense I agree with you.

It's because he is the best. People ALWAYS hate on the person on top. ALWAYS.

Banderivets
04-23-2012, 11:15 PM
I dont think people genuinely hate on him. Its when his fans coming saying he is the GOAT when people get turned off...Happens all the time.

He is definitely the works, but you cant go out shouting GOAT just now...Give it time...

I mean I like the guy, he has a good personality, he can fight.....but when a bunch of retards come out screaming GOAT, best p4p.....that **** gets annoying hence the hate....

Boxingtech718v2
04-24-2012, 02:20 AM
I dont think people genuinely hate on him. Its when his fans coming saying he is the GOAT when people get turned off...Happens all the time.

He is definitely the works, but you cant go out shouting GOAT just now...Give it time...

I mean I like the guy, he has a good personality, he can fight.....but when a bunch of retards come out screaming GOAT, best p4p.....that **** gets annoying hence the hate....

I'm a Jones fan and I've never said he's the GOAT nor the greatest LHW of all time.
He's the champ right now and # 3 p4p MMA IMO. That's enough for me.
Annointing him GOAT right now says that he has no room for improvement and that is false. As good as he is right now he can improve a whole lot, scary.
I only get annoyed when fans of douche's and PED cheats tray to hate on Jones.
Jones is just a geeky kid that was blessed with good genes no reason to hate him.

Banderivets
04-24-2012, 02:26 AM
I'm a Jones fan and I've never said he's the GOAT nor the greatest LHW of all time.
He's the champ right now and # 3 p4p MMA IMO. That's enough for me.
Annointing him GOAT right now says that he has no room for improvement and that is false. As good as he is right now he can improve a whole lot, scary.
I only get annoyed when fans of douche's and PED cheats tray to hate on Jones.
Jones is just a geeky kid that was blessed with good genes no reason to hate him.

I agree man, but I've seen some fans jump the gun with overbearing comments. But hey that happens with everyone...