11-30-2005, 09:22 AM
post your favorite ali quote

Manfredo Jr
11-30-2005, 11:23 AM
His hands cant hit what his eyes dont see :D

VERSION1 (V1)
11-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
His hands can't hit what his eyes can't see.
Now you see me, now you don't

Da Iceman
11-30-2005, 06:05 PM
mines from his interview with howard cossel before the lyle fight
"and when the man rang the bell ima jump on the rope and slap cossel!"

i cant wait to hear butterfly's

Dempsey 1919
11-30-2005, 07:12 PM
"i am thee king of the world! i'm pretty! i'm a baaad man! i shook up da world! i shook up da world! i shook up da world! I AM THEE GREATEST!!!"

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/warehouse/aligreatest05gb-1.jpg

Skydog
11-30-2005, 07:30 PM
"Joe Frazier is definetly the best boxer of all-time. Besides me."

Skydog
11-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Don't have great Ali quotes, but here are 3 of the greatest boxing quotes ever, all from the Manassa Mauler.

When his wife asked him why he lost the first fight to Tunney, he replied: "Honey, I forgot to duck."

When asked why he hit Sharkey when he wasn't looking, he said: "What did you want me to do...send him a letter?"

When asked why he didn't just go to the neutral corner in the 2nd Tunney fight, he said: "I couldn't leave him there, I wanted to kill the son of a *****!"

LondonRingRules
11-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Actually his best quote was a question. He and Terrell stopped at an all black college in the South a couple of years before Ali won the title. He was lecturing the students, asking rhetorical questions, like:

"If you see a Chinaman, what country does a Chinaman come from, or a Canadian, what country does a Canadian come from? Now what country does a Negro come from? The Chinaman comes from China, and the Canadian comes from Canada, now what country is called Negro?

One of the students looks at Ali and says, "I don't know, but I don't know of no country called white folks neither."

Ali promptly grabbed Terrell in disgust and said "C'mon, let's get out of her."

Another time he was feeling ****y after boarding the plane and the stewardess came by to tell him to buckle his seat belt.

Ali: "Superman don't need no seatbelt."

Stewardess: "Superman don't need no plane."

Ali buckled.

Oasis_Lad
11-30-2005, 10:28 PM
"i Am The Astronaut Of Boxing. Joe Louis And Dempsey Were Just Jet Pilots. Im In A World Of My Own"

- Muhammad Ali

Oasis_Lad
11-30-2005, 10:29 PM
I Am The Greatest Not Only Do I Knock Them Out I Pick The Round

-muhammad Ali

Oasis_Lad
11-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Ill Beat Him So Bad He'll Need A Shoe Horn To Put His Hat On

-muhammad Ali

Da Iceman
11-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Actually his best quote was a question. He and Terrell stopped at an all black college in the South a couple of years before Ali won the title. He was lecturing the students, asking rhetorical questions, like:

"If you see a Chinaman, what country does a Chinaman come from, or a Canadian, what country does a Canadian come from? Now what country does a Negro come from? The Chinaman comes from China, and the Canadian comes from Canada, now what country is called Negro?

One of the students looks at Ali and says, "I don't know, but I don't know of no country called white folks neither."

Ali promptly grabbed Terrell in disgust and said "C'mon, let's get out of her."

Another time he was feeling ****y after boarding the plane and the stewardess came by to tell him to buckle his seat belt.

Ali: "Superman don't need no seatbelt."

Stewardess: "Superman don't need no plane."

Ali buckled.
you sure thats true? i heard he was scared of flying

random guy
11-30-2005, 10:50 PM
But if I ever was to get in the ring with Joe, here's what you might see. Ali comes out to meet Frazier, but Frazier starts to retreat. If Joe back up an inch farther, he'll wind up in a ringside seat. Ali swings with his left. Ali swings with his right. Just look at the kid carry the fight. Frazier keeps backin', but there's not enough room. It's only a matter of time before Ali lowers the boom. Ali swings with his right. What a beautiful swing. But the punch lifts Frazier clean out of the ring. Frazier still rising, and the referee wears a frown 'cause he can't start countin' till Frazier comes down. Frazier's disappeared from view. The crowd is getting frantic. But our radar stations done picked him up. He's somewheres over the Atlantic. Now, who would've thought, when they came to the fight, they was gonna witness the launching of a black satellite? But don't wait for that fight. It ain't never gonna happen. The onliest thing you can do is wonder and imagine

flipside
12-01-2005, 01:56 AM
But if I ever was to get in the ring with Joe, here's what you might see. Ali comes out to meet Frazier, but Frazier starts to retreat. If Joe back up an inch farther, he'll wind up in a ringside seat. Ali swings with his left. Ali swings with his right. Just look at the kid carry the fight. Frazier keeps backin', but there's not enough room. It's only a matter of time before Ali lowers the boom. Ali swings with his right. What a beautiful swing. But the punch lifts Frazier clean out of the ring. Frazier still rising, and the referee wears a frown 'cause he can't start countin' till Frazier comes down. Frazier's disappeared from view. The crowd is getting frantic. But our radar stations done picked him up. He's somewheres over the Atlantic. Now, who would've thought, when they came to the fight, they was gonna witness the launching of a black satellite? But don't wait for that fight. It ain't never gonna happen. The onliest thing you can do is wonder and imagine

hell yeah!LOL!

muhamad could've been a rapper if he was in our era... better than RJJ!

Da Iceman
12-01-2005, 10:05 AM
he couldve been a pimp

Imira
12-01-2005, 10:24 AM
I still like his conversation with Joe Louis;

Ali: Joe, do you think you coulda' beat me?

Louis: When I was champ, I went on the "bum-of-the-month" tour.

Ali: Joe, are you calling me a bum!?

Louis: You'd be on the tour.

Or his nicknames for other fighters:

Joe Louis = Slow Louis

Sonny Liston = Big Ugly Bear

Joe Frazier = The Gorilla

Earnie Shavers = Acorn

TheEvilSaint
12-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Reporter: This is Cassius Clay. Hes young, hes handsome...
(Ali interruptes): They know it!

Female Reporter: What's wrong with you? What are your faults?
Ali: Well, I have a lot of faults...
FR: What's the worst one?
Ali: I cant tell you my worst fault because I'm married.

My favorite: We blacks even use the same kinda soap as you white folks. Dove is a white bird. You dont see us using no 'Crow' soap, now do you?

(this one makes me kinda sad) ( Ali moves Mark Kram's hand over his forehead after his 3rd fight with Frazier, Kram feels all the bumps and Ali says) "Why I do this?"

Ali: Why should I go off and fight for you there when you won't even fight for me here?

Dempsey 1919
12-01-2005, 03:22 PM

Joe Louis = Slow Louis

Earnie Shavers = Acorn

Floyd Patterson = The Rabbit

Larry Holmes = The Peanut

Dempsey 1919
12-01-2005, 03:28 PM
cassius clay in 1962 when interviewed about fighting archie moore: "the way i see it, that old man couldn't go but, four rounds with me...man, why don't somebody give him a pension or something man, he's too old, man he's old enough to be my grandaddy!" lol!! :D

http://www.pathguy.com/cassius_clay.jpg

Imira
12-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Floyd Patterson = The Rabbit

Larry Holmes = The Peanut

LOL! I couldn't remember what he called Patterson.

Dempsey 1919
12-01-2005, 04:26 PM
LOL! I couldn't remember what he called Patterson.

yeah, he called him the rabbit, because that's how long he would take with a woman!

just kidding! lol! he called him that because ali felt that Patterson, like a rabbit ducked and dodged the top contenders. and while patterson was training to fight ali in 1965, ali walked onto to floyd's training camp with his entourage and was carrying a basket full of carrots, lettuce, and other stuff rabbits eat and gave it to patterson, as a publicity stunt! man that was funny!

http://www.float-like-a-butterfly.de/alipat.jpg

Yogi
12-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Ernie Terrell = The Octopus

George Chuvalo = The Washerwoman

Dempsey 1919
12-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Ernie Terrell = The Octopus

George Chuvalo = The Washerwoman

oh, yeah he did call chuvalo that! but i didn't know he called terrel that. why did he?

Da Iceman
12-01-2005, 06:07 PM

Joe Louis = Slow Louis

Earnie Shavers = Acorn
joe straight clowned him

Skydog
12-06-2005, 07:05 PM
One of the things I would give my life to see would be Ali making fun of Tyson. Jesus Christ, that would be funnier than every show that's ever made fun of him put together.

Kid Achilles
12-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Ali called Patterson a rabbit because of the way he froze up against Liston. Like a rabbit that is paralyzed by fear.

Gemini531
12-07-2005, 01:10 PM
"If god is with me cant nobody be against me." :boxing:
i love this one cause its very true. :boxing: :boxing:

Dempsey 1919
03-03-2006, 05:49 PM
here's one.

Liston's too ugly to be the heavyweight champ. The heavyweight champion should be pretty, like me!

Yogi
03-03-2006, 08:17 PM
post your favorite ali quote

I don't see you stipulating that it had to be said by Ali, so instead, I'm going to select a quote that was said in reference to him;

"He(Ali) would **** a snake if you hold it's head. You don't even have to hold the mother****er's head. Just give him the snake." - Larry Holmes

Zab06
03-03-2006, 09:00 PM
"I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world." - Ali

****y SOB :rofl:

RockyMarcianofan00
03-04-2006, 12:33 AM
I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.
Muhammad Ali---hard to believe he said that actually

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali --my favorite Ali quote

I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.
Muhammad Ali

My toughest fight was with my first wife.
Muhammad Ali

Yaman
03-04-2006, 08:23 AM
If Joe Louis said he was teh greatest a million times, people would call him the greatest too.

Southpaw Stinger
03-04-2006, 09:14 AM
If Joe Louis said he was teh greatest a million times, people would call him the greatest too.

Joe Louis was told to be quiet and humble to avoid hatred and resentment by white people. I can't imagine how Ali would be percieved if he were boxing in Louis's day.

Dempsey 1919
03-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Joe Louis was told to be quiet and humble to avoid hatred and resentment by white people. I can't imagine how Ali would be percieved if he were boxing in Louis's day.

he'd be another jack johnson.

sleazyfellow
03-07-2006, 10:34 PM
when he invaded listons camp..
"man i dont get hit, im the fastest thing on two feet.."
reporter:the champ said he pay u to spar with him 100 dollars..
clay:"ill make a better offer than that, ill fight the champ for nothing."

Heckler
03-08-2006, 05:01 AM
when he invaded listons camp..
"man i dont get hit, im the fastest thing on two feet.."
reporter:the champ said he pay u to spar with him 100 dollars..
clay:"ill make a better offer than that, ill fight the champ for nothing."

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - My favourite.

"Wars of nations are fought to change maps. But wars of poverty are fought to map change."

"Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights?"

"If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to my people, they wouldn't have to draft me, I'd join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I'll go to jail, so what? We've been in jail for 400 years."

"Aint no vietcong ever called me ******"

"I am America. I am the part you won't recognize. But get used to me. Black, confident, ****y; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me."

Kid Canada
03-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Being a huge Sugar Ray Roinson fan, my favorite Ali quote is when he said Pound for Pound, Sugar Ray Robinson is the greatest fighter who ever lived. He also called Sugar Ray My master my Hero.

Dempsey 1919
03-24-2006, 04:12 PM
here's an interview of young clay before he fights doug jones.

I'm not worried about Doug Jones. He is just another warm-up before I get to Liston. I'm not thinking about Doug Jones!
Doesn't seem like you really care about this fight.
This bum will fall in six, and I might cut it to three!
This fella Jones might upset you, though.
If he upsets me I will retire!

lol! :D

SnoopySmurf
03-24-2006, 04:31 PM
oh, yeah he did call chuvalo that! but i didn't know he called terrel that. why did he?

Chuvalo was hitting his opponent who had nearly fallen out of the ropes, so Chuvalo began to wallop downwards like a woman pushing a wet shirt down a washboard.

That's why he called him a washerwoman.

Ali was at ringside watching the fight, Chuvalo was to be his next opponent - IF he won that night. Ali was still skinny for a heavyweight and Angelo Dundee many years later acnkowledged that Ali wasn't quite ready for Chuvalo.

So....a few months later, when Ali was addressing the press about a fight (not against Chuvalo, he had decided against it), Chuvalo showed up dressed as a Washerwoman. He said that if Ali was too afraid to fight a George Chuvalo, he should fight him as a washwoman. :D

Dempsey 1919
03-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Chuvalo was hitting his opponent who had nearly fallen out of the ropes, so Chuvalo began to wallop downwards like a woman pushing a wet shirt down a washboard.

That's why he called him a washerwoman.

Ali was at ringside watching the fight, Chuvalo was to be his next opponent - IF he won that night. Ali was still skinny for a heavyweight and Angelo Dundee many years later acnkowledged that Ali wasn't quite ready for Chuvalo.

So....a few months later, when Ali was addressing the press about a fight (not against Chuvalo, he had decided against it), Chuvalo showed up dressed as a Washerwoman. He said that if Ali was too afraid to fight a George Chuvalo, he should fight him as a washwoman. :D

yeah, i knew clay didn't want to fight chuvalo at that time, cause he saw him pumelling that guy.