View Full Version : This man should replace Reem against JDS

kaps
04-04-2012, 11:40 PM
http://www.mmalinker.com/wiki/images/f/f1/3belts.jpg

He's waiting for a title shot anyway. Dana, make it happen...

F l i c k e r
04-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Lulz. That would actually be a great fight. Hendo's kinda up there in age but if he doesn't get tired too quickly, he can throw hands with JDS easily.

Virgil Caine
04-05-2012, 01:20 AM
Not the first place I've seen Hendo's name batted around today.

I doubt Zuffa would go for that, but it would be interesting.

My vote is for Hunto, but I don't think that'll happen either.

Most likely it'll be Mir I'm thinking (than again, I'm not sure if there'd be much buzz around that main event so who knows).

G A M E
04-05-2012, 05:49 AM
mmaaaaaakkkkk hhuunntttooooooo

the_ilest
04-05-2012, 01:40 PM
yeah that would be really bad ass.

ƒallenloki
04-05-2012, 03:07 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gqqqFTkZ-80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ƒallenloki
04-05-2012, 03:08 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L3_yc9yUGQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GreatestIam
04-05-2012, 04:08 PM
honestly cain v deserves the rematch, he was brutally embarassed by JDS and the fact he was coming off a year lay-off and is now slated to fight MIR... **** it let MIR fight Nelson and valesquez fight JDS... **** Silva

BoxingGenius27
04-05-2012, 04:09 PM
I say the winner of Barnett-Comier fight him.

BKM-2010
04-05-2012, 07:57 PM
I don't think Dan could stand with JDS at all just because he beat a washed up fedor who was at his smallest. He also got knocked down in all 3 of his last fights.

Right now I don't mind Mir getting titleshot. JDS will avenge his master for the second time in a row.

Clegg
04-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Am tired of Mir. Don't mind seeing him lose to Cain but him vs JDS isn't a good fight.

Good for Hunt if he gets the shot but I don't think he will.

-2 Scrappy-
04-06-2012, 02:02 AM
I think itd be hendos first ko loss junior would pick him apart but itd be exciting as hell.

-2 Scrappy-
04-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Mark hunt would be sick! Or winner of strikeforce grand prix

BEDROOM BULLY
04-06-2012, 06:49 AM
honestly cain v deserves the rematch, he was brutally embarassed by JDS and the fact he was coming off a year lay-off and is now slated to fight MIR... **** it let MIR fight Nelson and valesquez fight JDS... **** Silva

So Cain deserves the rematch because he got brutally destroyed? :lol1: right... Dudes last win was in 2010. I could understand if he was a dominant champ like silva/gsp but it was his first ****in defence lol

Mir deserves it.. The fight is a nightmare for him tho

dan_cov
04-06-2012, 08:11 AM
I like Hendo but noway not only his lack of size & though he is coming off some great wins I'm damn certain old age is catching up with him quite quickly.

Grand Prix winner would be cool!

Hunt would be brilliant as you can pretty much bank on it being a trade off.

Many will say no way but I wouldn't turn my nose up at the Chad Griggs vs Travis Browne winner!

Brownes a big lump with a lot of power coming off wins over Struve, the bear & I felt he beat Kongo a win over Griggs and I'd not deny the guy of a shot.

kaps
04-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Hendo beat the greatest Heavyweight of all time. He aint doin nothing and it wont **** with the rest of the card. Let him fight...

Virgil Caine
04-06-2012, 08:51 AM
All aboard the Hunt bandwagon.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23RallyForMarkHunt

MARKBNLV
04-06-2012, 10:58 AM
All aboard the Hunt bandwagon.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23RallyForMarkHunt

Mark Hunt is a fcking bum,how does he deserve anything over Hendo.

Virgil Caine
04-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Maybe because he's an actual heavyweight who has won 3 straight in the UFC heavyweight division. Plus he's already in preparation and on the card.

How is Hunt a bum? Just because he has an 8-7 record (in MMA that is) doesn't mean anything. Just look at who he fought.

Why a Hunt fight though? Because it's one of the more interesting fights out there. Hunt is far and away the best striker in the division and he will go out looking to bang and finish JDS (and there is a fair enough chance he could do so).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gqqqFTkZ-80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New England
04-06-2012, 12:38 PM

break .500

fight for the title

kongo was going to have to stand there and bang with hunto

better kickboxer with a better chin
how else was that fight going to end?

break .500
fight for the title

Virgil Caine
04-06-2012, 12:49 PM
break .500

fight for the title

kongo was going to have to stand there and bang with hunto

better kickboxer with a better chin
how else was that fight going to end?

break .500
fight for the title
You mean like Brock Lesnar who was 2-1 (1-1 in the UFC)?

Hunt has a streak at least, and has fought very stiff opposition throughout his career. Not to mention that he was a kickboxer fighting (and winning) under MMA rules before. Now he's training MMA fulltime and at ATT, and he's on a 3 fight winning streak.

BKM-2010
04-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Hunt doesn't deserve it, he didn't even deserve to be in the UFC if it wasn't for the contract issue. He came in with his horrible record and got submitted by McCorkle(who was recently destroyed by an unknown can) easily. He then beat the can of all cans Tuscherer, and his fight against Rothwell..I think everybody is forgetting how much backlash that fight got. It was a terrible, terrible fight. Very sloppy and both guys gassing, all around very unimpressive performance by Hunt.

Only his win over Kongo was impressive and excellent. One good win should not give you a title shot unless literally every other legit guy is injured/suspended etc. But Frank Mir is good to go, so hell no to Hunt getting a shot. I think he will get submitted by any great grappler at this point. He has yet to prove himself in that aspect.

Blackfoot
04-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Mir has to get the shot, Hunt is right in line after him but realistically any big heavyweight with takedowns still beats him at this point. Hendo needs to be kept healthy to challenge the 205 champ.

Virgil Caine
04-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Hunt doesn't deserve it, he didn't even deserve to be in the UFC if it wasn't for the contract issue. He came in with his horrible record and got submitted by McCorkle(who was recently destroyed by an unknown can) easily. He then beat the can of all cans Tuscherer, and his fight against Rothwell..I think everybody is forgetting how much backlash that fight got. It was a terrible, terrible fight. Very sloppy and both guys gassing, all around very unimpressive performance by Hunt.

Only his win over Kongo was impressive and excellent. One good win should not give you a title shot unless literally every other legit guy is injured/suspended etc. But Frank Mir is good to go, so hell no to Hunt getting a shot. I think he will get submitted by any great grappler at this point. He has yet to prove himself in that aspect.

The Rothwell fight wasn't a horrible fight for Hunt by any means. I think you're having some selective memory issues, I don't remember any backlash (maybe you saw something on Sherdog or something, I don't know what you're talking about though). Basically, Rothwell knew he couldn't stand with Hunt and was trying to take it to the ground, and Hunt fended it off and earned a decision.

And who gives a ****, I and a lot of other people would like to see the fight. I wouldn't argue that the fight should happen, except for the circumstances here. No one is saying that Hunt is a #1 contender currently, but they need a replacement, and it would make for an entertaining fight.

Also, a lot of people have been following Hunt for a long time, he has a cult following. Of course people who started watching in the TUF era wouldn't understand.

BKM-2010
04-06-2012, 04:37 PM
The Rothwell fight wasn't a horrible fight for Hunt by any means. I think you're having some selective memory issues, I don't remember any backlash (maybe you saw something on Sherdog or something, I don't know what you're talking about though). Basically, Rothwell knew he couldn't stand with Hunt and was trying to take it to the ground, and Hunt fended it off and earned a decision.

I think you should check out your own memory first pal. It was a sloppy slugfest with both guys gassing out very, very badly. That fight did nothing for Hunt's legitimacy as a serious top level fighter, in fact it did the opposite. It showed that he still has a weak ground game and anyone who is competent on the ground would finish him. Ask McCorkle, the guy who just brutally lost to an absolute nobody a few days ago.

And who gives a ****, I and a lot of other people would like to see the fight. I wouldn't argue that the fight should happen, except for the circumstances here. No one is saying that Hunt is a #1 contender currently, but they need a replacement, and it would make for an entertaining fight.

Frank Mir is the replacement. Anybody who would argue Hunt over Mir in this situation either knows nothing about the sport or goes to extreme lengths for his Pride fanboyism.

Also, a lot of people have been following Hunt for a long time, he has a cult following. Of course people who started watching in the TUF era wouldn't understand.

You're basicely admitting that people's support for Hunt is largely biased because they're big fans. He's lucky he got such favorable matchups lately. I can't stand Frank Mir but his 3 fight win streak consisting of submitting Nogueira for the first time ever, knocking out Cro Cop and and dominating Nelson standing and on the ground makes him the right replacement. hell, I would give Werdum the shot before Hunt in this case. damn, imagine if Hunt did win the title, he'd get submitted by any competent grappler the moment he faced one. The championship would become a joke.

G A M E
04-06-2012, 07:47 PM
You're basicely admitting that people's support for Hunt is largely biased because they're big fans. He's lucky he got such favorable matchups lately. I can't stand Frank Mir but his 3 fight win streak consisting of submitting Nogueira for the first time ever, knocking out Cro Cop and and dominating Nelson standing and on the ground makes him the right replacement. hell, I would give Werdum the shot before Hunt in this case. damn, imagine if Hunt did win the title, he'd get submitted by any competent grappler the moment he faced one. The championship would become a joke.

it is a joke... BROCK LESNAR WON IT, why not just follow through and give someone who actually FIGHTS a title shot? Its a more interesting match up than Frank Mir who would get sparked early which would be a bigger joke.

BKM-2010
04-06-2012, 08:01 PM
it is a joke... BROCK LESNAR WON IT, why not just follow through and give someone who actually FIGHTS a title shot? Its a more interesting match up than Frank Mir who would get sparked early which would be a bigger joke.

Atleast Frank Mir doesn't get sparked by Middleweights, he's actually well rounded and much more deserving. Brock Lesnar atleast brought a gigantic following to the UFC unlike Hunt and yes he shouldn't have gotten a shot. It would be a travesty to give a title shot to a guy with 1 good win and only like 17 months ago got submitted by McCorkle who isn't even in the UFC anymore and recently got crushed by a nobody.

Marchegiano
04-06-2012, 08:16 PM
MARK ****ING HUNTOOOOO!
K-1 champion
Atomic butt dropper
Harder, crisper fists.
Tighter guard.
Harder chin.

Styles make fights, and this is THE slugfest. There's no harder opponent for JDS standing up. Winning a boxing match with Hunt is a higher accolade than the UFC title. Hunt is a god damn upset institution. He's being proving people wrong for years. Make the MMA Cinderella Man.

Mark Hunt UFC HW Champion. I believe.

Marchegiano
04-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Who actually likes watching Frank Mir be KO'd? He's such a *****.....Frank Mir vs JDS is a lop sided matchup.

New England
04-06-2012, 08:30 PM
MARK ****ING HUNTOOOOO!
K-1 champion
Atomic butt dropper
Harder, crisper fists.
Tighter guard.
Harder chin.

Styles make fights, and this is THE slugfest. There's no harder opponent for JDS standing up. Winning a boxing match with Hunt is a higher accolade than the UFC title. Hunt is a god damn upset institution. He's being proving people wrong for years. Make the MMA Cinderella Man.

Mark Hunt UFC HW Champion. I believe.

jds via submission

hunt's the more experienced kickboxer but he'd tire quickly and be pretty damn hopeless on the ground.

jds isnt famous for his skills on the ground, but he's been training with the best (big men on the ground,) in the world for years and is light years beyond hunto

still, if anybody can bang with JDS, i want it to be hunto. that's a fight i'd love to see if they stood and banged.

hayZ
04-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Frank Mir will NOT be getting the shot against JDS, Dana White has announced that at least. In an ideal world it would be awesome if they brought in Fedor for the fight but Fedors already announced his next fights in June in Russia. What other SOLID heavyweight with good appeal can you put on this card against JDS? Mark Hunt probably doesn't deserve it but I would be looking forward to this fight eventhough JDS should be able to outpoint the **** out of him.

Overeem really disappointed me though....I was looking forward to this fight more than any other.

Virgil Caine
04-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Frank Mir will NOT be getting the shot against JDS, Dana White has announced that at least. In an ideal world it would be awesome if they brought in Fedor for the fight but Fedors already announced his next fights in June in Russia. What other SOLID heavyweight with good appeal can you put on this card against JDS? Mark Hunt probably doesn't deserve it but I would be looking forward to this fight eventhough JDS should be able to outpoint the **** out of him.

Overeem really disappointed me though....I was looking forward to this fight more than any other.
Hunt is the next best guy available. Complete seriousness.

Blackfoot
04-07-2012, 03:15 PM
If Frank isn't in it I would guess Hunt would be at the front of the line.. Well God damn.

jmt225
04-08-2012, 01:48 AM
If they don't bring in Fedor to get the shot (which I don't think they will), then I really hope Hunt gets it.

Not only is it a Rocky story, but Mark Hunt is awesome and would stand a legit shot at beating JDS as long as dos Santos didn't surprise everyone and take the fight to the ground. On the feet though, Hunt has a chance against ANYONE in the MMA Heavyweight Division.

Blackfoot
04-08-2012, 08:22 AM
If they don't bring in Fedor to get the shot (which I don't think they will), then I really hope Hunt gets it.

Not only is it a Rocky story, but Mark Hunt is awesome and would stand a legit shot at beating JDS as long as dos Santos didn't surprise everyone and take the fight to the ground. On the feet though, Hunt has a chance against ANYONE in the MMA Heavyweight Division.

Hunt has an advantage over everyone. If this fight goes through we will definitely see JDS' takedowns.

Big BRICKS
04-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Watch them give it to Werdum or something stupid. Hunt deserves it right after Mir.

Lol @ "a chance" Mark Hunt sparks anyone out that is stupid enough to stand with him.

BoxingGenius27
04-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Hunt has an advantage over everyone. If this fight goes through we will definitely see JDS' takedowns.

Nah man, I've seen Hunt get KO'd by a 185 lb'er. I forgot the kids name, but I think it was in PRIDE.

Hunt's standup is great in kickboxing. Not so much MMA. I don't know if it's the gloves or what.

JDS would smash Hunt.

Big BRICKS
04-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Nah man, I've seen Hunt get KO'd by a 185 lb'er. I forgot the kids name, but I think it was in PRIDE.

Hunt's standup is great in kickboxing. Not so much MMA. I don't know if it's the gloves or what.

JDS would smash Hunt.

Hunt was knocked out when he ran dead into Melvin Manhoef's right hand, I would wager money that he hits harder than Dos Santos can. Hunt's chin is still granite.

Blackfoot
04-08-2012, 11:48 AM

JDS would smash Hunt.

"Nah man"

Saying someone can't stand up because they got sparked out by Melvin Manhoef, haha. Hunt's chin is still light years ahead of anyone in the heavyweight division and there is a reason everyone tries to take him down.

You should stick to boxing, genius.

BoxingGenius27
04-08-2012, 01:40 PM
"Nah man"

Saying someone can't stand up because they got sparked out by Melvin Manhoef, haha. Hunt's chin is still light years ahead of anyone in the heavyweight division and there is a reason everyone tries to take him down.

You should stick to boxing, genius.

Why are you getting so defensive like a 6 year old because I disagree with you and think JDS would smash Hunt?

Hunt's been KO'd before, so me thinking this isn't like the world's coming to an end.

Hunt's good, but he never really made that transfer to MMA. Yes, he beat Congo and had a few victories in the UFC, but let's not jump the gun here and say that he stands a chance against JDS. Because put frankly, he doesn't.

Blackfoot
04-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Why are you getting so defensive like a 6 year old because I disagree with you and think JDS would smash Hunt?

Hunt's been KO'd before, so me thinking this isn't like the world's coming to an end.

Hunt's good, but he never really made that transfer to MMA. Yes, he beat Congo and had a few victories in the UFC, but let's not jump the gun here and say that he stands a chance against JDS. Because put frankly, he doesn't.

I agree, he probably wouldn't beat JDS, but he would spark Dos Santos out standing up.

BoxingGenius27
04-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I agree, he probably wouldn't beat JDS, but he would spark Dos Santos out standing up.

When I say JDS smashes him, I mean standing up. JDS doesn't really take fights to the ground. That's not his strength.

I think if they stand and bang and go toe to toe, JDS smashes him. If the fight is made, I'd be willing to bet all my points with you.

Sound good?

Harry Balls
04-08-2012, 02:34 PM
jds is a much better striker for mma than is Mark Hunt. But Mark Hunt will be more competitive with JDS than Frank Mir would be due to style.

People bringing up Manhoef, just don't. Hunt had serious issues and was grossly out of shape physically and mentally. He's not a worldbeater by any means, but he's a lot better now than he was during that period in his life.

Jds IS fighting. At least according to Dana White.
So, what are the options? Cain? Sure, but not a likely route as it's risky/expensive and a hard sell and eliminates any possibility of quickly rebuilding Cain to conquer the mexican market they desperately wants. (if he lose that is)

Frank Mir? On paper, he deserves it more than Hunt. But he's going to be destroyed so bad, so if anyone is against Hunt due to him being outclassed, the same should be said for Mir.

So, who is there? Fedor? yeah....

Big BRICKS
04-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Fedor comes on short notice and KTFOs JDS for 5mil, the biggest payday in MMA history

:fingersx:

jmt225
04-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Lol @ "a chance" Mark Hunt sparks anyone out that is stupid enough to stand with him.

Nothing has ever been a sure thing in the MMA Heavyweight Division. Anything can happen.

Besides, Hunt has been outstruck before, and he wasn't able to finish Ben Rothwell (and looked pathetic in the later rounds), so it wouldn't surprise me if JDS survived the first couple of rounds, then go on to work himself to a decision victory or eventually put Hunt away on the feet due to his exhaustion.

But, like I said, with Hunt's power and accuracy, he stand's a chance against anyone in the MMA Heavyweight division on the feet. That's a compliment, not an insult.

monaroCountry
04-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Hunt is a more proven and more experienced fighter, he would knock JDS's head clean off.

JDS isnt really proven in striking as much as Hunt and JDS really isnt outstanding on the ground so Hunt wouldnt need to concern himself with TDD that much.

Only idiots and noobs would say that JDS is a better/more proven striker.

BKM-2010
04-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Hunt is a more proven and more experienced fighter, he would knock JDS's head clean off.

JDS isnt really proven in striking as much as Hunt and JDS really isnt outstanding on the ground so Hunt wouldnt need to concern himself with TDD that much.

Only idiots and noobs would say that JDS is a better/more proven striker.

Oh yes, Hunt is in fact such a good striker that a Middleweight knocked him out in 18 seconds. Call me when that happens to JDS.

Big BRICKS
04-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Oh yes, Hunt is in fact such a good striker that a Middleweight knocked him out in 18 seconds. Call me when that happens to JDS.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/assets/images/fighters/Melvin-Manhoef.jpg

RIZO24
04-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Hendo is too old and small for JDS. Hendo is a small LH. Cain should get the rematch...

Marchegiano
04-10-2012, 02:10 PM
A full career worth of chin and cannon to argue with. Plus, Who can claim they've seen a bad or boring Mark Hunt fight? And for all you gays who reckon Mark's got no ground game. He's the only man to launch an Atomic Butt Drop. Suck it *****es.

Manhoef had Mark's number like Mark has Juniors. Mel's a damn good fighter too.