View Full Version : This is a question for jinx

Fistecles
01-03-2005, 09:06 AM
Hey Jinx, do you mind if I give people my 2 cents worth? I haven't been boxing for long, but I am a certified personal trainer. But most of my time was spent helping people with sport specific training. Most of it was for sprinting and powerlifting. But the exercises are great for boxing.

spinksjinx
01-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Hey Jinx, do you mind if I give people my 2 cents worth? I haven't been boxing for long, but I am a certified personal trainer. But most of my time was spent helping people with sport specific training. Most of it was for sprinting and powerlifting. But the exercises are great for boxing.

Dont mind at all, Spread your knowledge and inform others. It's great you have arrived at BoxingScene we can always use some great advice, the only way to learn is to learn from each other.

boxer2k5
01-03-2005, 08:23 PM
damn id dint know jinx was god here

hey jinx is it ok if i go and take a ****?
I need to know ASAP.

spinksjinx
01-03-2005, 10:09 PM
damn id dint know jinx was god here

hey jinx is it ok if i go and take a ****?
I need to know ASAP.

Not in the house, but the kennel is in the backyard watch out for the pitbulls though.

Ohh yeah here is a ziplock.

:D

boxer2k5
01-03-2005, 10:57 PM
ziplock what for

cant i jsut dig a hole and burry it there

too late i went in my boxing shoes anyway

Fistecles
01-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Punk, it's called respect. I don't step on toes. Just on throats.

boxer2k5
01-20-2005, 10:39 PM
why dotn you really be usefull and step on your own throat

Fistecles
01-21-2005, 08:17 AM
cause yours is softer like like your belly. And I think you should get your dislexia checked out. It makes you look simple

puppy_dogg
01-21-2005, 08:58 AM

drop some advice on me about sprinting and building stamina. whats the best way to do it?(or method). spinks is the ali about this stuff, gotta see your knowledge to. :p

spinksjinx
01-21-2005, 08:59 AM
drop some advice on me about sprinting and building stamina. whats the best way to do it?(or method). spinks is the ali about this stuff, gotta see your knowledge to. :p

Uphill sprints and then run backwards down them, Great stuff for the legs....

I occasionally did them for a while, I used 6 different hills and sprinted up each and sprinted backwards down them. Great for footwork.

Fistecles
01-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Try this.

Warm-up, and stretch-out.
5x100m sprints. jog back and go again, right away. The jog back is your rest period.
8x50m.jog 100m and start again.

And here is something that will really give you anaerobic stamina.
It's called temporal trainning.
Take a 400m track. Divide it into 4 segments of 100m. Run each 100m at a different intensity percentage. For example:1st 100m 70% of ur max 2nd 100m go up to 80%, 3rd 100m. go down to 60% 4th 100m go to 90%.
These numbers aren't holy in any way. Mix up the tempo to vary your work out. Try to get in four laps. And remember because you are training your anaerobic system, get atleats 3min recovery between laps, so that your muscles are fully recoverd and ready to go again.

Oh, and pump those arms when you run. Your arms will drive your legs and balance the body, and it will pay off in the ring when throwing punches. Half of your road work should be anaerobic stamina. So on 6 days, 3 should be distance and 3 should be sprints.