View Full Version : Ali vs Marciano Fantasy Fight dvd

trinidadpr87
11-29-2005, 07:44 PM
http://www.venturadistribution.com/new_releases/serve/10012/The+SuperFight:+Marciano+vs.+Ali

Brockton Lip
11-29-2005, 08:53 PM
I've never seen the computer fight but have been wanting to since I heard about it.

Streaker
11-29-2005, 09:58 PM
marciano wins by knockout. its pretty sweet. ali keeps knocing off marciano's wig and after about the third time marciano hits him in the stomach and ali goes down for a bit. but marciano was 46 years old and the computer said he would win. hmmmmm......dunno it will never really happen but i think the comp is right.

Da Iceman
11-29-2005, 10:34 PM
marciano wins by knockout. its pretty sweet. ali keeps knocing off marciano's wig and after about the third time marciano hits him in the stomach and ali goes down for a bit. but marciano was 46 years old and the computer said he would win. hmmmmm......dunno it will never really happen but i think the comp is right.
you bet that comp was right

M26
11-30-2005, 12:01 PM
I've never seen the computer fight but have been wanting to since I heard about it.

It's more funny than anything else, really. It looks like a poor sparring session.

Before the fight there is a short interview with both men. Rocky Marciano is asked how he would fight Muhammad Ali, and Ali is asked if Marciano could beat him.

This "fight" is often used as an argument as to who would win if they really fought. This must be said by people who never saw the computer fight, because this is far from a true championship bout!

Skydog
11-30-2005, 07:58 PM
I've seen the KO, it's such bull****. Ali is just standed there and backing up, while just getting hammered by Rocky. First of all, he would definetly be dancing. Then, he throws a number of body shots to Rocky. Ali hardly ever threw body shots, and the only time I can recall that he did was against Cleveland Williams, a man the same height or taller than him. Why would Ali throw body shots to a man as short as Marciano?

LondonRingRules
11-30-2005, 09:58 PM
========Why would Ali throw body shots to a man as short as Marciano?=======================

Ali threw bodyshots because body shots were agreed to be fair shots. All head shots were pulled. It was just meant to be entertainment and it's cool to see Rocky and Ali in the ring together for a fantasy fight. Stuff like that don't even happen today. Y'all just need to chill just like you do when you go watch all those idiotic car chase-fireball films that are about as real as diamond Madonna pimples.

Da Iceman
11-30-2005, 11:04 PM
It's more funny than anything else, really. It looks like a poor sparring session.

Before the fight there is a short interview with both men. Rocky Marciano is asked how he would fight Muhammad Ali, and Ali is asked if Marciano could beat him.

This "fight" is often used as an argument as to who would win if they really fought. This must be said by people who never saw the computer fight, because this is far from a true championship bout!
that fight looks pathetic

ThaKing
12-01-2005, 06:44 PM
oh i thought this was gonna be a free download but thanks for the link

Dempsey 1919
12-01-2005, 06:52 PM
well, the fight was made up by white people, so of course the white guy would win! :cool:

Da Iceman
12-01-2005, 08:29 PM
wow that was racist

Dempsey 1919
12-01-2005, 08:38 PM
wow that was racist

no, it's true, cause didn't you see what skydog said, that they had ali doing things he would never do in real life, my favorite was throwing body shots lol! so they formulated the fight so marciano would win, no way that would really happen.

BlockBuster
12-02-2005, 11:50 PM
Ali didn't have **** on Marciano.

Da Iceman
12-03-2005, 12:19 AM
Ali didn't have **** on Marciano.
very true:)

Oasis_Lad
12-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Im The Biggest Marciano Fan, But What A Load Of **** This Is
Just Goes To Shoe Like The Matrix, Computer Simulation Is A Lot Of ****

Dempsey 1919
12-03-2005, 02:43 AM
Im The Biggest Marciano Fan, But What A Load Of **** This Is
Just Goes To Shoe Like The Matrix, Computer Simulation Is A Lot Of ****

at least you admit the truth despite being a marciano fan, unlike some people here.

leff
12-03-2005, 10:32 AM
at least you admit the truth despite being a marciano fan, unlike some people here.

hey im a big marciano fan,

stil i think computer fights are complete bull****.

bor2shan
12-03-2005, 02:33 PM
computer fights cant judge a mans will to win. it would have come down to who wanted more with these two. :boxing:

Manfredo Jr
12-03-2005, 03:25 PM
have to say i was pretty dissapointed in tht fight , it was a big corny with the sounds tht came of when they hit each other LOL it was like watching power rangers

LondonRingRules
12-03-2005, 04:00 PM
The Ali/Marciano DVD for most of you boys is like swine looking at pearls. The only history you know of is the last time you squatted on ye ol' water closet.

Easy-E
12-03-2005, 05:51 PM
you bet that comp was right

come on, you know rocky would get stopped on cuts within 8
ali is too big, too strong and too fast

Easy-E
12-03-2005, 06:28 PM
and to think that ali would get dropped with a body shot is quite far fetched

Dempsey1238
12-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Chuck did drop Ali with a body shot if you recall.

Dempsey 1919
12-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Chuck did drop Ali with a body shot if you recall.

but ali was off-balanced and not hurt at all!

Dempsey1238
12-05-2005, 12:57 AM
true, but he was STILL knockdown by a body shot.
Any fighter can be knockdown or in some cases out(Robinson Fullmer 2,)

And I belive Fullmer had just as good of a chin as Ali imo.

Dempsey 1919
12-05-2005, 05:16 PM
point is, marciano has no chance against ali. in fact, he has no chance against any top ten hw.

Dempsey1238
12-05-2005, 05:42 PM
Thats Bull.

MArciano has a shot against anyone.
He is in the top ten.

Ali is not a GOD. I can see Ali loseing to Marciano, Dempsey, and any other swarmer, on any giving night.

Dempsey 1919
12-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Thats Bull.

MArciano has a shot against anyone.
He is in the top ten.

Ali is not a GOD. I can see Ali loseing to Marciano, Dempsey, and any other swarmer, on any giving night.

so marciano has a shot against ali, liston, holmes, foreman, frazier, tyson, johnson, louis, holyfield, and lewis?

give me a break!

dempsey and marciano are too small for ali. a prime frazier or a prime tyson, maybe!

tommyhearns804
12-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Why are there so many of these stupid azz post about Marciano fighting any heavyweight?HOW HARD IS THIS TO GET..MARCIANO WAS NOT A HEAVYWEIGHT.HE NEVER FOUGHT ANY HEAVYWEIGHTS IN HIS CAREER.
Damn the piece of trash weighed 180 or so pounds and fought basically other guys weighing 180 pounds.The bum wasn't even good for a 180 pounder.Piling up a record fight who?Guys who are hyped up to make it seem like Marciano fought good opponents.Ali would kill any unskilled waste of space like Marciano.And that is just Ali a man who wasn't much of a puncher.If middleweights like Moore could drop him with one punch then what do you think Tyson would do?If a nobody like Wallace could knock him out in one round then what do you think the Foremans of the world would do?
Take this loser out of your ass.Marciano is a nobody.A overrated bum who is only known because of his skin color and the fact he has 0 on his lost record.Wow big deal.Ali,Foreman,Tyson,ect ect ect would of went undefeated as well if they could of piled up a record fighting the stiffs Marciano did.

Dempsey1238
12-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Marciano has a good shot of beating Holmes

Holmes main weapon has always been the jab, But Marciano as adopted in waving or ducking, or slipping the jab to get. See the Larzara or Charles fights to see the Rock get in.
Marciano would get by the jab, and make it into a war, Marciano is also pretty strong in the clichs, mainly do too his headbutts though. Marciano was not a Cooney like fighter. Marciano did have some decent defense, and underrated boxing skills.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/greek1237/jab3.jpg

As you can see here, As Marciano jabs, He keeps his right hand up to parry any punchs that is coming 2 him.

Moore, Charles, and even Walcott had said Marciano was a hard target to hit cleanly. I expect Holmes would find that out in if they fought.

I would pick Liston over Marciano though, If Liston does not blow Marciano out in 3 or so rounds, I can see Rock making it a close fight.

Dempsey 1919
12-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Why are there so many of these stupid azz post about Marciano fighting any heavyweight?HOW HARD IS THIS TO GET..MARCIANO WAS NOT A HEAVYWEIGHT.HE NEVER FOUGHT ANY HEAVYWEIGHTS IN HIS CAREER.
Damn the piece of trash weighed 180 or so pounds and fought basically other guys weighing 180 pounds.The bum wasn't even good for a 180 pounder.Piling up a record fight who?Guys who are hyped up to make it seem like Marciano fought good opponents.Ali would kill any unskilled waste of space like Marciano.And that is just Ali a man who wasn't much of a puncher.If middleweights like Moore could drop him with one punch then what do you think Tyson would do?If a nobody like Wallace could knock him out in one round then what do you think the Foremans of the world would do?
Take this loser out of your ass.Marciano is a nobody.A overrated bum who is only known because of his skin color and the fact he has 0 on his lost record.Wow big deal.Ali,Foreman,Tyson,ect ect ect would of went undefeated as well if they could of piled up a record fighting the stiffs Marciano did.

thanks. i needed a little help fighting off these marciano lovers.

Skydog
12-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Marciano has no chance with Ali. Ali had trouble with a swarmer like Frazier, but Frazier comes straight at you no matter what, where Marciano sometimes hesitated and even backs up.

Ali would cut up Rocky's face for 10 rounds, maybe get a late stoppage on cuts, but I'm gonna go with a Terrell-like UD.

Skydog
12-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Marciano was also weak against the left hook and the uppercut, 2 of the better punches in Ali's arsenal.

Dempsey 1919
12-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Marciano has no chance with Ali. Ali had trouble with a swarmer like Frazier, but Frazier comes straight at you no matter what, where Marciano sometimes hesitated and even backs up.

Ali would cut up Rocky's face for 10 rounds, maybe get a late stoppage on cuts, but I'm gonna go with a Terrell-like UD.

intelligent post. :)

Skydog
12-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Thank you.

leff
12-05-2005, 06:45 PM

when did marciano back upp?

Skydog
12-05-2005, 07:16 PM
There are many fights where Marciano had backed up. Have you seen the Charles fights? He takes a few steps back numerous times. Ali had such a problem with Ali because he never stopped coming. And Ali still almost killed Frazier. Frazier was taking some hard shots in the first fight.

If someone like Marciano, who couldn't slip jabs well at all, took that type of punishment from Ali (who is a very underrated puncher) he would get cut all over. Marciano cut very easily.

Like I said, either late stoppage on cuts of easy UD. Hell, I'll probably go with stoppage on cuts knowing how bad Ali has cut some people up in the past. Have you seen the first Quarry fight? How about the Cooper fight? Cooper and Quarry don't cut as easy as Marciano, and Ali slashed their faces up within 5 rounds (Quarry was 3 rounds, Cooper was 5).

Dempsey1238
12-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Marciano NEVER back up per say, He did take a step back to get in better postion, But he was never on the retreat.

Marciano did have a better defense than Frazier's bob and weaving(Only up and down)

Marciano could lean back, to adviod the jab, Lean down, left or right,

Dundee called Marciano Slick with his abilty to advoid punchs.

Da Iceman
12-05-2005, 11:22 PM
marciano would dominate the later rounds with ali

M26
12-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Marciano NEVER back up per say, He did take a step back to get in better postion, But he was never on the retreat.

Marciano did have a better defense than Frazier's bob and weaving(Only up and down)

Good post! Points for you. :)

Dempsey 1919
12-06-2005, 02:26 PM

yeah, he would, and i'm michael jordan lol!

Sephus
12-06-2005, 04:04 PM

What would possess you to let something like that come off of your keyboard? Ali took 8 rounds of pure punishment from an angry George Foreman and still had enough juice to knock him out! What makes you think he would get worn down by a lesser puncher then George?

leff
12-06-2005, 04:15 PM
What would possess you to let something like that come off of your keyboard? Ali took 8 rounds of pure punishment from an angry George Foreman and still had enough juice to knock him out! What makes you think he would get worn down by a lesser puncher then George?

ummm maybe because frazier wore him down and marciano had better power and stamina than frazier

Dempsey 1919
12-06-2005, 04:21 PM
ummm maybe because frazier wore him down and marciano had better power and stamina than frazier

hahahahahahaha! frazier has twice the power of little marciano.

leff
12-06-2005, 04:28 PM
hahahahahahaha! frazier has twice the power of little marciano.

if he ha twice the power he would have litteraly killed people you twat

Dempsey 1919
12-06-2005, 04:29 PM

he would have killed the people marciano fought.

leff
12-06-2005, 04:43 PM
he would have killed the people marciano fought.

lol

fnpfown

Dempsey 1919
12-06-2005, 05:03 PM
lol

fnpfown

what does that mean?

Skydog
12-06-2005, 05:13 PM

Are you ****ing kidding me? Have you actually seen the first Ali-Frazier fight? Do you see how many times Frazier slips those jabs? How about the Eddie Machen fight? Machen hardly hits Frazier once.

Marciano may have been able to lean all around everywhere good, but you're gonna need better head movement than that to avoid Ali's head attack.

Skydog
12-06-2005, 05:15 PM

Frazier fought much bigger, stronger people than Marciano.

I'll put Frazier's left hook above Marciano's right hand, though Frazier was much bigger and stronger and didn't have twice the power.

Also, in the late 60's and early 70's, the gloves were much thicker than when Marciano fought. I'm sure Frazier would have killed someone with gloves as thin as Marciano's.

leff
12-06-2005, 06:08 PM
what does that mean?

means nothing just needed more letters since the post was too short

leff
12-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Frazier fought much bigger, stronger people than Marciano.

I'll put Frazier's left hook above Marciano's right hand, though Frazier was much bigger and stronger and didn't have twice the power.

Also, in the late 60's and early 70's, the gloves were much thicker than when Marciano fought. I'm sure Frazier would have killed someone with gloves as thin as Marciano's.

umm they where both 5.11

marciano was lean 185 frazier was 205 unlean.

practically the same size.

frazier didnt have the same one punchpower in his left hook that marciano had in his suzi q.

Dempsey 1919
12-06-2005, 06:18 PM
umm they where both 5.11

frazier didnt have the same one punchpower in his left hook that marciano had in his suzi q.

marciano was 5-10 frazier was 5-11. frazier was 205 lean and maybe 215 past his prime a little unlean. frazier is much bigger. frazier fought better competiton than rocky so that's why he didn't hurt his opponents like marciano did.

leff
12-06-2005, 06:23 PM
http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=009032

marciano was 5.11

and frazier was never lean.

Dempsey 1919
12-06-2005, 06:28 PM
http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=009032

marciano was 5.11

and frazier was never lean.

boxrec got mad stuff wrong on there. marciano was 5-10, watch sportscentury, and you would know.

so frazier was never lean. well, i suppose that makes marciano even more sad, because frazier had about 50 times the speed that marciano did. so now marciano is not even faster than a fat guy lol! :D

leff
12-06-2005, 06:30 PM
boxrec got mad stuff wrong on there. marciano was 5-10, watch sportscentury, and you would know.

so frazier was never lean. well, i suppose that makes marciano even more sad, because frazier had about 50 times the speed that marciano did. so now marciano is not even faster than a fat guy lol! :D

from some page run my rocks brother its stated that he is exactly 5.10 3/4 rounded upp to 5.11.

frazier was quiker yes, but not fat there is a middlething between being fat and lean.

Skydog
12-06-2005, 06:36 PM
umm they where both 5.11

Are you ****ing kidding me? No other punch could have dropped Ali that night but one of Frazier's left hooks.

They don't call Frazier's left hook the best punch in boxing for nothin'.

Skydog
12-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Frazier was never really lean, but in the late 60's until the first Ali fight, the man was jacked.

leff
12-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? No other punch could have dropped Ali that night but one of Frazier's left hooks.

They don't call Frazier's left hook the best punch in boxing for nothin'.

frazier hit a wore down ali perfectly, ali has taken punches from foreman and stood upp, foreman punches way harder.

and who calls frazier left hook fore the best in boxing?.....execpt you that is

Skydog
12-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Bert Sugar, numerous articles, posters on another boxing forum called ********Boxing.

You can't just use the first fight with Ali as an example. Look at the left he hit Ellis with. Foster, Mathis, Ramos, etc. have all been nailed perfectly by Frazier's left hook.

"frazier hit a wore down ali perfectly"

By the way, what punch was it that wore Ali down?

Kid Achilles
12-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Marciano was definitely leaner than Frazier. In Marciano shape Frazier weighs no more than 190. He had fat on the belly, on his sides, and on his back.

As for his punching power, Frazier was mostly a grinder. He had knockout power in his left hook, but most of his knockouts came from wearing his opponents down.

Marciano was by far the better two handed punchers. His left hook was more lethal than Frazier's right. I would rank his right hand as being more powerful than Frazier's hook, but Frazier's left was quicker and more accurate. It really was an offensive weapon all in it's own. The man could lead with it because it was that good.

In terms of power though, Marciano's right was more punishing. I'd take a Frazier left hook to the chops over a flush overhand right by Marciano anyday. One would knock me out and the other would surely kill me.

Skydog
12-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Ah, agree to disagree. That left hook to the body just puts me in pain when I see it (Frazier's, that is.) Also, I wouldn't rate Marciano's left way above Frazier's right. Frazier demolished some of his opponents in the late 60's with his right hand. By the time he fought Buster Mathis, he had 18 KO's: 9 with the left hook, 9 with a straight right.