View Full Version : The 2013 UFC HW Champion

Dorian
04-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Jds, reem, cain are all doomed. Mark my words and sig me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BLws_jC48E4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7RQgeWoevNY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kaps
04-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Untested like a mother****er. I'm not on the hype train yet....

kaps
04-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Isn't he an AKA cat anyway? He won't fight Cain if so....

ƒallenloki
04-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Not buying it.

Dorian
04-02-2012, 01:38 AM
I'll bump this when it's time.

Hattie94
04-02-2012, 01:41 AM
http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpgVery strong!

Virgil Caine
04-02-2012, 02:06 AM
Isn't he an AKA cat anyway? He won't fight Cain if so....
Cain Velasquez? You mean the guy who got KOd by JDS and isnt the champion now?

kaps
04-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Jds, reem, cain are all doomed. Mark my words and sig me.

Cain Velasquez? You mean the guy who got KOd by JDS and isnt the champion now?

:poke::poke:

shadeyfizzle
04-02-2012, 10:38 AM
10mil on barnett over cormier

Blackfoot
04-02-2012, 12:38 PM
It kind of sucked how the whole tournament fell apart after Fedor lost, it should have been huge. While stopping Bigfoot Silva was a great testament to his power, Cormier is in a division with massive, strong fighters. Many of which have the skillsets to negate his wrestling, so we'll see what happens after the Barnett fight. That's also another fight that should not be taken lightly.

ps: lol @ the people trashing Cain for getting KO'd by JDS

Dorian
04-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Barnett is a huge test, he will see how it goes but I got big expectations from Black Fedor.

kaps
04-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Barnett might secretly be the #1 Heavyweight in the world...

F l i c k e r
04-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Without his roids, he may be Samson without his hair.

Unknown Champ
04-03-2012, 03:28 AM

We finally may agree on something. :wave:

Dorian
04-03-2012, 09:31 AM

TOP 3 no doubt

-2 Scrappy-
04-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Cormier wont even beat Barnett. Dos Santos will stay champ for a really long time...

Anthony342
04-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Funny, I was just watching some Cormier fights and thinking the same thing. In the UFC, he could be a force, but his first big test will be Barnett. And even if his takedowns are defended, he has very heavy hands on the feet and has rocked just about every opponent he's faced so far. The Barnett fight might come down to that, whose boxing will be better. It could be Barnett's left hook that he got a KO win in Affliction with vs. Cormier's right cross. That should be a war. I have recently become a Cormier fan.

PureBoxingCEO
04-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Overeem will be UFC champ for a while, maybe 2015 or beyond. Cormier doesnt have anything for Reem.

Anthony342
04-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Why is Cormier The Black Fedor? Because of his punching power? But Fedor also has a lot of submission wins. Cormier doesn't have near the submission skills of Fedor.

kaps
04-04-2012, 03:28 AM
Why is Cormier The Black Fedor? Because of his punching power? But Fedor also has a lot of submission wins. Cormier doesn't have near the submission skills of Fedor.

Because he's soft looking...

Blackfoot
04-04-2012, 08:11 AM
I don't think Barnett is top 5. He's up there in age and as we've seen with several of these pride boys, they just don't age well.

Virgil Caine
04-04-2012, 12:15 PM
I don't think Barnett is top 5. He's up there in age and as we've seen with several of these pride boys, they just don't age well.
Where would you rate him?

As far as Pride guys not aging well, I think that if you were at the top of the heap (i.e. in your prime) in the mid-2000s, it is natural to have a period of decline thereafter. Barnett might be no exception, although I would say he has continued to look good, so I sort of give him the benifit of the doubt. He seems to have evolved as well, and I think he has a sort of style which alows him to keep on. (Just my take on it).

I sort of think Cormier will beat him, but it is a match of experience vs explosiveness. I like both guys a lot, I won't be having a dog in this fight, but while we are on the topic of Barnett, it would be quite nice to see him pulll it off.

I do though consider Barnett top 5, personally. I can't think of 5 guys right now who I think would beat him. Overeem yes, JDS probably, Cain I don't know. Mir? Carwin? Silva? Big Country? I don't see it. Cormier, I think has a good shot but styles make fights. Cormier would be a hand full as well though for most of the other guys (he may not quite be ready for Overeem and JDS--although I am still not sure how good JDS is. And Overeem, honestly to me has a little bit left to prove himself--although I certainly have him over Cormier (and I suspect he may be the best HW currently in the world).

I could see Barnett giving any of these guys a decent run for their money though, frankly.

-2 Scrappy-
04-04-2012, 03:28 PM
I give Barnett credit hes a tough exciting guy but with all his ped busts i really don't see how u can rank him at all. Everytime he accomplishes something their will be an asterik.

SkillspayBills
04-04-2012, 05:35 PM
I am pretty sure Cromier said he rather drop down to 205 rather than fight Cain. HOW DARE YOU say Reem would lose. I just..........I just can't understand you saying something like that Dorian.

Dorian
04-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I am pretty sure Cromier said he rather drop down to 205 rather than fight Cain. HOW DARE YOU say Reem would lose. I just..........I just can't understand you saying something like that Dorian.

Black Fedor isn't a joke. He soften up Cain so much in sparring that all it took for JDS was one good shot.

Marchegiano
04-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Meh, I reckon Mark Hunt is a great match-up for for JDS. He could beat Junior standing. I also feel Mark's a terrible match up for everyone else listed. AO beats Hunto. Josh beats Hunto, and DC has a damn good chance at beating Hunto. My point is I feel like your not considering the Dark Horses. Can Cormier beat Werdum? His stand up is about equal, and grappling may play right into Fabricio's. Wrestlers who don't know BJJ get subbed because forceful grappling working into gentle way. He's no idea of what to force and what not. Where the JJ artist is going. I say Fabrico is to Danny as Hunt is to JDS. Style wise perfect match.

IMO Alistair is still the best HW. losing a roid test doesn't directly translate to losing a match. JDS, DC, Josh and even my man Hunto are not as talented or a strong as The Reem. The Reem's better standing, and on the ground. I believe in AO.

Blackfoot
04-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Where would you rate him?

He's definitely top 10. His win streak is impressive, he has beaten a few talented fighters and I'd argue that he's the most experienced of all the active heavyweights right now, he has fought a ton of ATGs.

His craftiness, along with his roid rage would win him plenty of fights in the UFC, but I can't see him beating many UFC contenders at this point.

Money Shot
04-07-2012, 04:59 PM
When is he fighting Barnett? If he beats up Barnett I'll take seriously claims about this guy. I suspect he'll be grounded and pounded out fairly easily.