View Full Version : Sakuraba

kaps
03-30-2012, 06:35 AM
Just found this pretty cool video of my favorite fighter of all time. Enjoy....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EAAgt6mGXIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blackfoot
03-30-2012, 04:20 PM
The grappling highlights from Saku vs Royce are incredible

project xxx1
03-30-2012, 05:48 PM
one of my favorite fighters of all time,i miss the pride days so much.

i loved the way he schooled the Gracie's when they were untouchable

F l i c k e r
03-30-2012, 06:25 PM
First thought I had when I saw the topic name: Boss.

Sakuraba is a legend. Much respect.

kaps
03-30-2012, 07:02 PM
one of my favorite fighters of all time,i miss the pride days so much.

i loved the way he schooled the Gracie's when they were untouchable

I loved his showing against Igor Vovchanchyn after just fighting Royce for 90 Minutes....

hayZ
03-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Next to Fedor, my favourite MMA fighter of all time.

jaded
03-30-2012, 10:40 PM
He was amazing...you never knew what he was going to do.

Anthony342
03-31-2012, 02:33 AM
Agreed, amazing, he's one of my top 5 favorites as well. But seriously, the guy needs to retire already. He'll be 43 this summer and has nothing left to prove.

Cloud
03-31-2012, 03:13 AM
People may laugh at me saying this but..

..Kazushi Sakuraba is the most successful professional wrestler of all time in MMA.

His record may be that of a Journeyman but what other wrestlers have fought that names he has?

Brock Lesnar was UFC Champion but Sakuraba fought in an era of brutality and against some of the greatest martial artists of all time.

He wasn't that bad a pro wrestler either.

Long Live The Gracie Hunter.

Like the video description says, he brought down the Gracie Empire.

Chups
03-31-2012, 04:12 AM
Legend. My favorite MMA fighter of all time. The 2nd coming of Kimura.

Anthony342
03-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Speaking of his pro wrestling, I heard Sakuraba was in a tag team match on New Year's Eve. It was the same card Fedor won by knockout in the first round. I found the results here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_For_Japan:_Genki_Desu_Ka_Omisoka_2011

Virgil Caine
03-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Speaking of his pro wrestling, I heard Sakuraba was in a tag team match on New Year's Eve. It was the same card Fedor won by knockout in the first round. I found the results here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_For_Japan:_Genki_Desu_Ka_Omisoka_2011
Yeah, it was telivised. I also happened to be there. I'm not a fan of pro wrestling but as far is it concerns Saku I'm glad if he's doing that instead of fighting. Also it was a co-promotion with IGF, so the pro wrestling matches were unavoidable I guess. They also had Tim Sylvia vs Jerome Lebanner (in pro wrestling) and Josh Barnett vs some guy.

Virgil Caine
03-31-2012, 11:09 PM
People may laugh at me saying this but..

..Kazushi Sakuraba is the most successful professional wrestler of all time in MMA.

His record may be that of a Journeyman but what other wrestlers have fought that names he has?

Brock Lesnar was UFC Champion but Sakuraba fought in an era of brutality and against some of the greatest martial artists of all time.

He wasn't that bad a pro wrestler either.

Long Live The Gracie Hunter.

Like the video description says, he brought down the Gracie Empire.

True he came from pro wrestling kind of but the lines were a bit blurred in Japan back then. He was also a very successful amateur wrestler before going into pro wrestling, and the pro wrestling style he practiced was a lot closer to true grappling.

And he's not just one of the most successful pro wrestlers in MMA, he's one of the greatest fighters. He fought in a different era, but he also fought with no weight limits. He was a pioneer and he changed the way the sport is, and his influence will never be outlived.

Hattie94
04-02-2012, 12:42 AM
http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpgOne of my favorite fighters of all time,i miss the pride days so much.